Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Why Do Women Test Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Test Men? (3239 Views)

How Women Test Men: Tips On How To Successfully Pass These Tests / Why Women Test Men They Are Dating! / Why Do Women Test Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2006
Women test men.

That's the reality of the situation.

Women test men RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING, and
they keep on testing FOREVER.

For most guys, the concept of a woman "testing"
them seems a little strange.

Why would a woman WANT to test a man?

What could she possibly gain from it?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by somegirl(f): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2006
Damollar, hi again! To your question, maybe it is in order to avoid disappointment or even heart-break which should be less likely if you get to know his character well before involving any deep emotions. For the ongoing testing, that sounds a bit strange. Maybe it's caused by a lack of trust (resulting from earlier disappointments or current, strange behaviour of the guy in question) or low self-esteem (how can he possibly love ME?). But is it really a women-only-thing?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2006
@somegirl - thanx 4 ur swift response but really i think there culd be more to it that meets d eye.

i'll agree that By testing a man, a woman can learn THE MOST
IMPORTANT thing about him,

but

The purpose of a test is to figure something
out. It's a way of getting "true" information
about something.

If you walk up to a man and say "Hey, how much
money do you make?" he can LIE.

If you ask him if he is good in bed, he can
LIE.

If you ask him if he's strong enough to deal
with the challenges of life, support a family, and
reach his goals, he can LIE.

Are you with me here?

So whats d point?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2006
Damollar:

@somegirl - thanx 4 your swift response but really i think there culd be more to it that meets d eye.

i'll agree that By testing a man, a woman can learn THE MOST
IMPORTANT thing about him,

but

The purpose of a test is to figure something
out. It's a way of getting "true" information
about something.

If you walk up to a man and say "Hey, how much
money do you make?" he can LIE.

If you ask him if he is good in bed, he can
LIE.

If you ask him if he's strong enough to deal
with the challenges of life, support a family, and
reach his goals, he can LIE.

Are you with me here?

So whats d point?
sweetie you are seriously bothering me how old are you, because i think that that was a rhetorical question.rolls eyes
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by somegirl(f): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2006
@Damollar: Just saw your reply.

In the beginning of a relationship, how can you know that the other one is not a lier? Yes, and that's why some would test him/her. Because ---  actions speak louder than words!  grin

But, to be honest, I was thinking about how to test a guy for honesty etc. after I read your question and I did not come up with a way that would definitly give me a reliable result. Maybe, you could send your sister to flirt with him. Would he tell her that he already is dating you? How does he talk to her? But in the end, he can say that he had been just having a harmless flirt --- and it might be even true.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2006
@coco29 - So the teacher gives you a TEST to see if you
REALLY know what's going on.

Well, in the same way that teachers test
students, women test MEN.

And that means YOU, Sparky.

@somegirl - If you meet an attractive, interesting,
emotionally healthy man, you can expect to be
tested until either:

1) The relationship ends.

2) You or he DIES.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by somegirl(f): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2006
Mhm, I could imagine that testing would end once you've build up enough trust and have no resons to doubt him/her. Anyway, a partner never can be perfect and, as long as you're at least sure of each others commitment, than I think you don't even have to know EVERYTHING. But some things, like another girl coming in between you (she might not even know that he already has a girlfriend/fiancée/wife), that's something where I would not agree with "what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over". Also, if he starts to doubt our relationship, I would like to know it from him.

What do you think about a girlfriend spying on you?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2006
Damoller women test men just the way men test woman come on cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2006
somegirl:

What do you think about a girlfriend spying on you?

@somegirl - spyiny me? all the way till she's asleep at ten? Then i get my free time

Coco29:

Damoller women test men just the way men test woman come on cheesy cheesy

@coco29 - Some women will test to see if you have money.

Some will test to see if you'll SPEND your
money on them.

Some will test to see if you're intelligent.

And some will test to see if you're loyal.

But BY FAR, in my experience, more women will
test you initially to see if you're a WUSSY!

That's right,

The VERY FIRST thing a woman wants to "know"
about you is whether or not you're a submissive,
ass-kissing boy who has no balls.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2006
ok and what is wrong with that, i do not want a man who does not work, i would not test him i am a straight up person, what ever i need to know i will ask.

surely u understand why women must do these things. wink
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by somegirl(f): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2006
Damollar, I was not asking whether you could escape her watchful eye grin I but whether you would mind if she did spy on you (follow you secretly, ask friends to confirm your stories, read your mail, put a tiny, hidden microphone in your favourite tie --- whatever she comes up with). How would you react? Would it make a difference if she had valid reasons - or think to have such - to doubt you?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2006
@coco29 - Probably the most interesting thing about tests
from women is that they're not OBVIOUS.

At least not to most men.

In fact, I'd say that 99% of all the tests that
women use on men FLY BELOW RADAR.

They're right out in the open, obvious to other
women (and a few men), but for the most part, they
go COMPLETELY UNDETECTED.

@somegirl - for all i care. will l be paranoid about her spying on me?

It took me a moment to pin it down, but then I realized: u were asking me questions , In retrospect, I think it was at that moment that I'll become the Spy, ,
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2006
that is why Maya Angelou called us phenomenal women. wink
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 10:52am On Sep 13, 2006
Coco29:

that is why Maya Angelou called us phenomenal women. wink

The topic has always been a gray matter, and now it's a white matter too.

No matter what our opinions are, however, we definitely *do* think about it. , Male masturbation appears to be something most women take for granted

Men and women think differently. But not that differently , showing that male and female brains do, at one level, operate differently. ,
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by GNature(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2006
@Damola

Are you questioning why women test men at all OR the degree to which they test men ? Because both
men and women test one another, but as far as to what degree, that varies from individual to individual.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2006
GNature:

@Damola

Are you questioning why women test men at all OR the degree to which they test men ? Because both
men and women test one another, but as far as to what degree, that varies from individual to individual.

@GNature - is there something you would like to see improved or added? Whats your own opinion?,
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by crackmann(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2006
Hi! i think most women test men cos dey're insecure.
They want to make sure he can meet ALL her needs before jumpin in.
Thats Drab men!
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by GNature(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2006
@damola

I wanted the question answered first so I can give you an appropriate response. Again, are you questioning
why women bother to test men OR the degree to which they do the testing ?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Blackberry: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2006
security and the truth
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by mizkay(f): 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2006
what is this 'test a man thing'? Personally I dont need to test my men- na batteries abi?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2006
GNature:

@damola

I wanted the question answered first so I can give you an appropriate response. Again, are you questioning
why women bother to test men OR the degree to which they do the testing ?

@GNature - Is there something built into the female psyche that compels women to push, test and challenge their men?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2006
Damollar:

@GNature - Is there something built into the female psyche that compels women to push, test and challenge their men?

sweetie woman love attention from their man

we like to know how far we can push u

we need to know what you are capable off

we want to know if you can protect us

if you can dance

if you can f u c k

if u can read and write

hell we want to know every s h i t about you so the only way for that to happen is to test ya asses
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2006
Coco29:

if you can f u c k

@coco29 - I can't make you love me if you don't You can't make your heart feel something it won't Here in the dark in these final hours I will lay down my heart ,

"I don't know if we'll make it out. I want to tell you that I love you and I love the kids ,

im going to try to do everything i can to make it hapopen , i knew it. i knew someone was in love with me. ,
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2006
ROTFLMAO kiss kiss kiss sweetie i have to go now i will be back in 1hr
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by ezechidion: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2006
oya make all of una girls sharrapp!!!!!!!(that is my own way of saying i love u all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy)a woman understands the play of life more than the man. this earth is her turf, her own very play ground. they test a man to study his reactions to certain behaviour and nuances, so that they can keep him in check, wear him down and also , so that they can manipulate the hell out of him. the testing is not necessary at all, it is just their own way of trying to be in control, whenever they can. funny enough the so called testers are actually worse of in character than the men they test.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Damollar(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2006
@ezechidion - There are certain things you can do that will
INSTANTLY communicate to a woman that you "get
it", and don't require the INITIAL TESTS.

Don't get me wrong, women will always test
you, no matter what you do.

But you can SKIP TEN LEVELS of the initial
testing, and accelerate the process of "getting
together" with a woman DRAMATICALLY if you know
the right things to do.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by desiree(f): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2006
@damollar

can you give us examples of tests you have been subjected to in the past, I need to borrow some ideas on how to test my man tongue you need to be sure about them before you end up in a divorce court after 5 years wink
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by zillonnair(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2006
Well, others have spoken and now I want to spake, to ask "why women tests men", i think it is rather simple, a woman is expected to spend her entire life with her man, she cannot live comfortably with that man until she knows him too well, to be able to predict his actions.

But let me quickly add that "Guys" when a woman knows you fully, to the extent you can tell your next move, you have just lost your value,

Thank you
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by Coco29(f): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2006
really? how so?
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2006
cause it helps you in knowing the kind of guy you are or would be dealing with.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by zillonnair(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2006
really? how so?

its only logical, men who do not know this suffers in their relationship.  They are the ones, who their girls wear the panties in the relationship, they are rather pathetic, pathetic guys or you could call them Mr Nice guys.  A man is got to be a man, doesn't mean he has to be rude or arrogant, but a man must have vision and passion, this would drive him and make him be focus in life and definitely earn the ladies respect.

Remember:  If you cannot command respect as a man, you cannot command love from a woman.
Re: Why Do Women Test Men? by macgozy(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2008
My girl which we've date for the past 2yrs & 8months told me the relationship was over and that she's in2 another cos she really want to settle down real fast.

Along the line we kept contact she called to tell me that we should get back 2geda and strike off from where we stopped and guess what she said, guess now, ??

THAT SHE WAS ONLY TESTING ME

Can U Imagine??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ingratitude: Thy Name Is Woman. / Will You Marry A Person With Tribal Mark / "I've Fallen In Love With You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.