Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades (38302 Views)

2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? / Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by jaydee87(m): 10:54pm On May 13, 2015
ziqqz:

no o not really it's nollywood
now I believe
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Golden75(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2015
temitope28:
Honestly 2.1 is superb although I graduated wt a 2.2 but during my nysc I did a couple of professional courses like project management and HSSE. Although v not bn able to secure a good job apart from working in a secondary school,the little am earning there coupled wt private lessons is wat v bn using to run my masters degree though its bn rough bt God hz bn faithful.
For those of you that r still in school please strive hard to v a 2;1 nd for those in NYSC wt lower grades go for certifications.and finally don't forget to pray more.
mhm u re right bro.I am corp member. However while I was at school I tried all my possible best to graduate with 2.1 yet I end up graduating with 2.2.so annoying. my final CGPA was 3.39.Now as an engineering graduate I bliv wat I need iz to gather all d 10 tips above together and see wat I can make out of it.D deed has already been done bt sincerely speaking everyday deeply in .y mind I wish I graduated with 2.1
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by jaydee87(m): 11:13pm On May 13, 2015
Golden75:

mhm u re right bro.I am corp member. However while I was at school I tried all my possible best to graduate with 2.1 yet I end up graduating with 2.2.so annoying. my final CGPA was 3.39.Now as an engineering graduate I bliv wat I need iz to gather all d 10 tips above together and see wat I can make out of it.D deed has already been done bt sincerely speaking everyday deeply in .y mind I wish I graduated with 2.1
wats the assurance u will get a good paying job with a 2:1 not certain bro I think what we need is to build on ourselves. had a friend that graduated with a 3rd class but now his working with bank as a staff not contract, so bro Oluwa is involved.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Trottle: 11:48pm On May 13, 2015
donmanuel1:
Person study masscomm or history come out with 2.1 and u compare am wit person wey study maths, statistics or engineering courses wey come out wit 2.2 n u knw weda the 2.2 na 3.49. U knw sabotage wey full skool wey want make of of una fail. U never hear of course in a particular skool wey never produce 2.1 in years or at most one or two, so all others na dullard.
Sorry for naija for dis myopic reasoning
I am a proud statistician wit 2.2 and I knw wat I suffered to get it
you think it is easy to get a 2:1in mass comm or history or those who bagged 2:2 in those courses didn't suffer to get it?
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Jasi7(m): 11:50pm On May 13, 2015
marshborn:

source: http://www.jarushub.com/10-tips-for-graduates-with-2-2-and-lower-grades/
Jarus i think i belong to dis group ure talkin abt...i hv put my mind off company jobs..i ws made to understand dat d para-military neva places priority on grades xcept d navy wich limits it to 2.1...wat do u think...like d NSCDC for a new graduate entrant its above 100k...so i heard...bt my mind is in d para military honestly after considering hw hard it would b searching for company jobs u knw
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by ericzzzz(m): 12:30am On May 14, 2015
if your certificate is 2.2 or 3rd class. believe me it's the beginning of a new Dawn. if you have the funds please apply for MSc or apply for a loan with your certificate as collateral start a business believe me in less than one year, you may be able to employ 1st class and pay them well

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by JumiaConsult: 12:32am On May 14, 2015
kolaaderin:

Its hell getting innjoo I1s battery from Jumia, what are u guys doing for the numerous innjoo fans stocked with bad batteries and could'nt
get a replacement. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

pls let's not derail this thread to avoid ban by those wicked mods... I have an account where a mod banned me till 2042...
check my profile and drop a comment in any of my threads
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by ukandi1(m): 6:40am On May 14, 2015
I am so surprise at this thread. I would say its not true at all what is being said here concerning 2.2.
Only weak Nigerian Banks would dicriminate against a 2.2 during recruitment and then some entry level positions in Higher institutions and also some scholarship grants. Infact i have a 2.2 and i have been changing federal government jobs anyhow. No one has ever question my suitability for a job cos of my 2.2. Infact, i lost a Nigerian Brewery Job having succeeded to d end cos they found out that i had an M.Sc. It was strictly for 2.1 and 2.2.
I dont want to go on writing, but 2.2 has never been so downgraded as to be soliciting such writeups to give them hope and all of that. What becomes of 3rd class holders?
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by sketchman: 7:17am On May 14, 2015
Best tip ever. I think we need to be optimistic in life. That's the summary.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Toks2008(m): 7:25am On May 14, 2015
RickRichards:
Don't stress it. I'm a 2.1 graduate, but I've not touched my certificate in years. There are opportunities for everyone. Just be prepared.

Please tell them.

Until graduates come to understand that while getting a job is good for constant inflow of income,it pays in the long run to explore other entrepreneurial options.

We all can't and will never be absorbed into the labor market.

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by whodohgeepee(m): 7:55am On May 14, 2015
kepal99:
Need a mentor ooooooo. Anyone out there to help
what's d prb?
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Yemiolads(f): 8:41am On May 14, 2015
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by goodman41: 9:09am On May 14, 2015
donbenedict:
Believe me, its not by our power, nor might. Nor level of education, but of the lord that showeth mercy.
yeso,i graduated with a pass degree in engineering. Last week i went for an entrance exam with one big company and i did well,i was caled for first and 2nd interview which i did well,i was called again for final interview with MD.Just waiting for my appointment letter even those that graduated with 2.1 cannot pass entrance exam and no interview for them what a nonsence
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by donbenedict(m): 9:19am On May 14, 2015
goodman41:
yeso,i graduated with a pass degree in engineering. Last week i went for an entrance exam with one big company and i did well,i was caled for first and 2nd interview which i did well,i was called again for final interview with MD.Just waiting for my appointment letter even those that graduated with 2.1 cannot pass entrance exam and no interview for them what a nonsence
lol its not nonsense bro.. Cuz its in ur favor that's why thr is a sense in it.. Be thankful
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by socialworker11: 9:34am On May 14, 2015
ziqqz:
Hm. 2.2 and Lower? That's bottom of the employment food chain na
It may be wiser to just go back to school and try again
If you fail and get another 2.2 or lower, combine it with the first one
That should add up quite nicely grin

Baba everybody can't graduate with a 2.1 or first class... Are u saying it over for sa person that graduates with a 2.2 ?
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Nobody: 9:49am On May 14, 2015
socialworker11:

Baba everybody can't graduate with a 2.1 or first class... Are u saying it over for sa person that graduates with a 2.2 ?

Me? Who am I to say that??
Just enter the labor market and ask around...
It says it all grin
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by fxtree: 10:04am On May 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Nobody: 10:09am On May 14, 2015
Jasi7:

Jarus i think i belong to dis group ure talkin abt...i hv put my mind off company jobs..i ws made to understand dat d para-military neva places priority on grades xcept d navy wich limits it to 2.1...wat do u think...like d NSCDC for a new graduate entrant its above 100k...so i heard...bt my mind is in d para military honestly after considering hw hard it would b searching for company jobs u knw

Thanks. It wasn't me that wrote it though. It was xfire, who is on NL here and also writes for us at JarusHub. I however agree with everything he says.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Nobody: 10:11am On May 14, 2015
goodman41:

So, answer this honestly: if you had opportunity to go to school again, will you still want to have pass?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by goodman41: 11:22am On May 14, 2015
Jarus:

So, answer this honestly: if you had opportunity to go to school again, will you still want to have pass?
Actually, it was cos of hardship and lack of morney that made me to got pass. But God is about to bless me with that pass
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Beedrops: 11:32am On May 14, 2015
well, we should focus on making it. this so called labor market will level us all, either you are a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. i came out with a 2nd class lower, i got a job with a bank where i was washing in a car wash. and i came in to the bank, within 5months, i became the best marketer, the 6th month i resigned straight. i started my own company.
the issue is just that i have worked on my mind since my university days to be an entrepreneur. education is a smaller thing consider to your natural ability. well some might not be wired to be an entrepreneur but all of us are wired to do one or 2 things. well some people are born to seek for job, while some are just born to create them. so you define your own class. so 1st class 2nd class or even 4th class, is meaningless to me and even my company. i will pay you even with no degree if you can get the job done and you obtain my desired result.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by kepal99(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2015
whodohgeepee:
what's d prb?

its something personal need a one on one chat
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by whodohgeepee(m): 1:45pm On May 14, 2015
kepal99:

its something personal need a one on one chat
so where do we go frm here? Would really like to help!
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Jasi7(m): 2:13pm On May 14, 2015
Jarus:

Thanks. It wasn't me that wrote it though. It was xfire, who is on NL here and also writes for us at JarusHub. I however agree with everything he says.
Alryt but wt do think abt my thoughts wit d para military ish?
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by edopikin: 2:27pm On May 14, 2015
adonismuller:
Are there no 2.1 or 1st class in statistics?

Your reply is funny, but stats is not easy at all! I hate Maths so much, God wan come bless me na, e come carry my eye put for computer science. I studied Web and creative technologies in my undergrad, wasn't happy with my grade, got a 2.2 so now I'm doing a masters in HCI and in my first semester I took stats, I cried almost every night, sometimes I'll just be looking at the equations because e come be like say person put gun for my head and they fit pull the trigger if I no look.

The guys with 2.1 or first class revised harder, were more prepared, or luckier. There are various factors that leads to bad grade. Never underestimate or overestimate a person because of academic achievements.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by ogbonnajude507: 3:02pm On May 14, 2015
After going through the tread,i must not fail to comment brodas and sistas in nairaland pls lets not allow the situation of the country and our school system make us sttle for mediocrity,whether u ar working with your certificate or not,people must strive to be the best in every ramification,1.1/2.1 are very sweet results to have but if u miss it in school, do not fail to develop yourself even the 1.1/2.1 if they dont improve on it may so loose value because the world is dynamic.
i believe people with 2.2/3rd class can get better jobs it all depends on grace of God upon your life. "it is not of him that willeth or runneth but of him whom GOD has shown mercy".so therefore if you have a 2.2 or 3rd class do not allow that result to deter you from achieving your dreams in life,only God knows what tommorow holds for u work very hard,be pro active,try so many paths,do not seat in a place and think manner will fall from heaven,have an enterpreneurship mindset,believe and have faith in God above all,pray without ceason and keep faith alive.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by adonismuller(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2015
edopikin:

Your reply is funny, but stats is not easy at all! I hate Maths so much, God wan come bless me na, e come carry my eye put for computer science. I studied Web and creative technologies in my undergrad, wasn't happy with my grade, got a 2.2 so now I'm doing a masters in HCI and in my first semester I took stats, I cried almost every night, sometimes I'll just be looking at the equations because e come be like say person put gun for my head and they fit pull the trigger if I no look.

The guys with 2.1 or first class revised harder, were more prepared, or luckier. There are various factors that leads to bad grade. Never underestimate or overestimate a person because of academic achievements.

since it was a human being that wrote it,be determined and u will understand it..
Dont start with a mindset that it is hard,tell urself u can do it
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 14, 2015
2.2... well God is dea... I ve already gotten 2job interviews buh I rejected one of dem cos of d distance.. graduated wit 3.47 frm a priv sch..I was mad because I cud ve done berra buh I just had to pick myself. I got certifications in hsse, projectt management. Waiting for unilag's msc form to be out... One just nids to work on his/herself noni.. nothing spoil... and baba God too.... No one shud ever make u depressed...
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by toygod2: 4:38am On May 15, 2015
ok
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by Golden75(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2015
jaydee87:

wats the assurance u will get a good paying job with a 2:1 not certain bro I think what we need is to build on ourselves. had a friend that graduated with a 3rd class but now his working with bank as a staff not contract, so bro Oluwa is involved.

hmm."Oluwa is involved "& " building on our self " tnx bro promise to always dis two statements in mind.
Re: 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades by promise46(m): 4:46pm On May 16, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduate Recruitment At Kimberley Ryan / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.