Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47544 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
?
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
Then Comfort bowed her head and whispered ''thank you ma''

She walked out of her madam's room with a smile playing on her lips but as she touched the door knob, Mama Bukky called out to her again ''Comfort''

''Ma''

''Have you eaten?''

''Yes ma''

''Good. Have you heard from Ojo of lately?'' as she spoke, she licked her fingers and continued to stare at Comfort. Her small black eyes terrified Comfort and it seemed like she was boring a hole through the young girl's soul. Comfort was so terrified, she failed to answer the question on time so Mama Bukky asked again ''have you seen Ojo since?''

''No ma''

''Okay he will come later this evening. Me I don’t know the business the two of you have oh but he said he wants to see you later today. He was saying something about … (yawns) haba why so tired? Anyway he was saying something about getting you a phone so you people can be talking?''

''Okay ma''

''Just like that? Okay ma? Are you not happy? Can't you express your happiness abi has that your husband in your village; what is that his name again?''

''Jide ma''

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
comfort will not be comfortable with life anylonger after that act.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
?

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
nanhilicious:
In this world, there are writers, but you are a Queen..... And a brilliant one at that. Keep up the good work.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mama Bukky's death was too easyembarassed

It's a shame comfort had to partake in the spoilsundecided

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ehya...RiP to Mama Bukky
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
#grabs breastss#
Touchmeder, you mean mama Bukky is dead shocked
And in such a peaceful manner, she doesn't deserve it oh
She should better wake up and die a death that suits her
Re: The Cul De Sac by eitsei(m): 7:01am On Jul 11, 2015
may01:
#grabs breastss#
Touchmeder, you mean mama Bukky is dead shocked
And in such a peaceful manner, she doesn't deserve it oh
She should better wake up and die a death that suits her
y grabbing breasts? I dey fast na
Re: The Cul De Sac by SULBELL(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2015
Interesting story with so much intrigue. However, i'm not impressed with d manner of mama bukky's death, its just too cheap for her type between that innocent soul (comfort) now has blood on her hand in a bid to free herself. The poor girl will surely live with d guilt for d rest of her life when she discovered dt she has a hand in her madam's death.
All in all, may the Good Lord increase ur knowledge, broaden ur wisdom and strengthen ur understanding. More ink to ur pen touchmeder.
KUDOS
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2015
eitsei:
y grabbing breasts? I dey fast na
grin Sorry
Re: The Cul De Sac by gal10(f): 8:02am On Jul 11, 2015
I knew it that comfort will be d death
Of mama bukky!!! Chaiii Touchmeder u are greatly skilled.. Thanks for this ma'am
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Touch me there you have really done well in this story! Well my take is that anyhow Ashake must die but that her blood is in that innocent,goal oriented and ambitious Comfort girl is saddening and that the coward way out proffer by Jide is not good enough.
Re: The Cul De Sac by CuteTolex(f): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmm Mama bukky see ur life. Touchmeder u've done well o jare
Re: The Cul De Sac by Codyt(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
For mama bukky.... There's no sympathy from me. you are to "suffer" for your misdeeds.. .... But in this case, it was in a silent manner grin cheesy.
May God grant touchmeder more understanding to finish this piece. cool
Re: The Cul De Sac by alabig(m): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
A giant might not really die by a gigantic move but by a little underserve act. Ride on touchmeder, buh it seems the story is taking the exit door soonest. The major characters are casting away gradually.
Re: The Cul De Sac by alabig(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
A giant might not really die by a gigantic move but by a little underserved act. Ride on touchmeder, buh it seems the story is taking the exit door soonest. The major characters are casting away gradually.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Essyprity(f): 6:57am On Jul 12, 2015
If she had exercised a little more patience,she would hv fed d silly Ojo too.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Essyprity:
If she had exercised a little more patience,she would hv fed d silly Ojo too.
Choi!

U r very correct....All those silly old men running after girls young enough to be their grand-daughterz.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
FIFTY SEVEN
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Then husband and wife began to struggle for the small polythene bag like children struggling for a party favour. However Ojo had the upper hand and the moment he seized the bag, he pushed Kemi aside then ran out of the house. Kemi rushed out of the house and continued to rain insults at him ''agbaya, useless man, oloshi, woman wrapper. You will go and meet me when you return. Alabi ko Alabi ni!''

Ojo hurried towards his friend's house and all the while, he was thinking of the excited look on Comfort's face. Comfort had been acting indifferent towards him but he hoped with his small offering, she would finally warm up to him. It was not such an expensive phone but it was a brand new one and any village girl will be excited to have it.

By the time Ojo got to Àshàké's door, he knocked like an excited child on Halloween's night but he got no reply. Then he tried her number again and again - still no reply. He even yelled Comfort's name at some point - still no reply. He was almost thinking of leaving when he tried one last thing. He held the door knob and the door swung wide open!

Ojo was shocked; Àshàké never joked with her security and her door was always locked. Ojo stepped into the house and continued to call their names in surprise ''Àshàké, Àshàké it is me Ojo. Comfort, Comfy are you in?''

He kept calling their names until he decided to call her number again. Suddenly he could hear Àshàké's phone ringing. This time around, he ran to the place the sound was emanating from - her bedroom. There he found her sleeping soundly or was she? He hissed in annoyance then he tapped her leg again and again.

There was something about it, it was somewhat stiff. Then he shook her again and again and this time around he began to panic. He worked all the way up to her shoulder and shook her vigorously. Then he placed a hand on her wrist and felt her pulse - gone. He placed a hand on her chest - nothing. Then he slowly backed out of her room. He shut the door behind him and walked to the parlor calmly then he remembered the small polythene bag. The last place in the world he wanted to be was back in Àshàké's room but he had to.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
A month later

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
The following day, the Ebosele’s were making the final move to Lagos. Pearl sat in the front seat with Ose behind. She looked through the mirror and noticed as he husband talked to someone on the phone. Some seconds later he approached the car and continued to talk ‘’alright then I’ll give you a call once we arrive’’

Once he was done he announced ‘’that was Ejemen, she sends her regards’’

‘’Great! Was that about your young protégée?’’

‘’Oh yes the young man Emmanuel Azubike. I’ve never met someone who is more eager to turn his life around. As I left that day, he asked me to get something small for him. It’s the least I can do for him. He deserves another shot at life because we all deserve a second chance’’

‘’True’’ Pearl replied.

Then Imonitie continued ‘’he is an orphan. His uncle that sent for him has deserted him. He has no one out here and he cannot afford a lawyer that’s why his case has been stalling. Ejemen appears hopeful but as usual she is keeping her cards to her chest. She says she will fix it and I have implicit faith in her. She said he may do a little more time before he is let out. Luckily it was not armed robbery and he has spent some time in prison already. He is also a first time offender and they will take all that into consideration during his sentencing. I wish him well and that’s the most I can offer him’’

‘’You’ve done well’’ Pearl whispered.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
[size=28pt]The End[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Thank you, thank you and thank you all...
Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hmmmm!cheesy

Thank U touchmeder!!!

U were very consistent to say the least...grin

Nice and very exciting endingcheesy

I had to love the Nogie character for onceembarassed

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Awww,,, I love this story so much, u did greatly well Touchmeder.
Re: The Cul De Sac by may01(f): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Wow, this is wonderful cheesy.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece with us Touchmeder. God bless
Re: The Cul De Sac by teefaah(f): 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
I must commend you on this wonderful piece of art. You delivered greatly without keeping your readers' in suspense. Hoping to read another exciting story from you soon. Keep the flag flying.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Princecalm(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
there was a story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.