Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47491 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by Mario1983(m): 7:23am On Jul 04, 2015
fear causes us to do things we normal won't do. Fear kills; it paralyzes a man and destroys the very core of his existence. It could turn a good man to an evil genius in a split second’’ 100 percent correct. thanks for the wonderful right up

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Goldenewa(f): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
"Fear darling fear. It’s the same fear that made Dr Ebosele run away from the crime scene. It’s the same fear that made her say nothing. It’s the same fear that is making her husband languish in prison for the sake of his wife.

Fear causes us to do things. Fear kills; it paralyzes a man and destroys the very core of his existence. It could turn a good man to an evil genius in a split second’’

Fear Kills
Welldone Touchmeder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by alabig(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Fear mares a man,
Fear makes man a dumb,
Fear makes man to be timid,
Fear diminishes boldness,
Fear makes man to be confused,
Fear makes man inferior,
Fear makes man a liar,
Fear is so disqusting to brave.
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2015
Lolz why is everyone quoting the fear bit?
Re: The Cul De Sac by Codyt(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Because everyone literally lives in fear... We all got a lot to say.. .

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Pukka36(f): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Because of FEAR!

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by BlissB(f): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
Pukka36:
Because of FEAR!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by wolewole200(m): 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
FEAR: False experience Appearing Real.

FEAR: Forget Everything And Run.

one of the greatest Weapon used by d enemy is to create fear in the heart of men.

We all have our fears in one area or the other.

The Choleric is always afraid of FAILURE
The Sanguine is always afraid of RESPONSIBILITY
The Phlegmatic is always afraid of REJECTION
The Melancholic is always afraid of SUCCESS

We all fall into one or more of the categories above. Yet, Courage is not the absence of FEAR but succeeding in spite of it.

@Touchemeder, once again thumps up for this wonderful work. I dare you to go ahead with publishing it.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by labaski(f): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Na fear make all of una to turn poet now. I fear u oo

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
@blissb and stonecoldcafe
yeah, he is fine now
thanks

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by chrisviral(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
Fear is... undecided
Sorry, I don't even have anything to say about Fear. grin
Okay.
Re: The Cul De Sac by arabaribiti(m): 7:05am On Jul 06, 2015
No update since hope our guy is well sha
Re: The Cul De Sac by Essyprity(f): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Crying..................#profusely#
Re: The Cul De Sac by labaski(f): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Essyprity:
Crying..................#profusely#
kilode

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by BlissB(f): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Touchmeder.....Kilode?.........meka fawe
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Evening everyone.

@Mistytohcute, I am absolutely glad your kid brother is fine.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
‘’But why didn’t oga send for me and tell me this thing now?’’ Unique asked. It was clear to see he was upset.

Then Chichi eyed him and continued ‘’Unique you should be happy sef abi you nor know say na yama yama work oga don give me so? He said you worked a brilliant case and he does not have the heart to ask you to mop dirt. This one is on me. I have to go NOWWW!’’

As Chichi was moving away, ASP Kassim Kolawole appeared with Professor Buwa in tow and he announced in his booming voice ‘’Officer Aburime, are we still chatting? What part of ASAP is hard to comprehend? When I tell Adeleke to move don’t you see how he sprints?’’

‘’Sorry sir’’ Chichi yelled. ‘’On my way sir’’

‘’Good. Do a Michael Johnson on it’’

‘’Or you mean Usain Bolt?’’ Professor Buwa joked. The men continued to laugh like no man's business but once they got to where was Unique’s standing, ASP Kolawole did the introduction ‘'here is the other half of the team. That's the young man who cracked the case wide open''

''I'm impressed'' Prof replied.

Then the ASP continued ''he did a very good job; my men always do’’ then he lowered his voice and whispered to his friend ‘’but Detective Unique Adeleke leads the pack and I knew he would not fail in this assignment’’

Professor Buwa shook Unique's hand and smiled at him. Then he addressed his friend ‘’I can attest he was good and professional at all times not forgetting his colleague who just left. They were brilliant and particularly good with the younger boy’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
FIFTY THREE

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Someone once said he murdered a child in cold blood. Then another said it was lie. He claimed he was taken to court (with Imonitie) on the day charges were entered against him. This fellow claimed Imonite dealt in stolen goods; cars to be precise. He said Imonite was the ringleader of a group that specialized in BMW products.

The informant said on the day Imonitie was caught, the police gave him a hot case in a stolen 2012 BMW X5. The jail bird said the unassuming man (Imonitie) ran into a group of small children and killed them! He went on to say there were about 5 children crossing the road when Imonitie ran into them! Afterwards, the inmates began to give Imonite space. They hailed him once he walked past and the older crooks nodded at him.

Imonitie had no idea what it was about until Emma gave him the low down. That day Imonite laughed so hard and in that moment Emma knew the story was fabricated. Somewhere in Emma's heart, he had always believed it was a lie. Something told him Imonitie was not like the rest of them.

He was too good, too polite and Emma was certain he was a victim of circumstance. On that day, Imonitie laughed at Emma's story, the young man asked why he was imprisoned in the first place but Emma didn’t get the answer he sought.

Well that was a long time ago and on that memorable day Imonitie's name was called, Emma was pointing at some advanced words while Imonite helped him. Suddenly a prison official yelled out his name ‘’Mr Ebosele''

‘’Officer’’ Imonite yelled back in reply. He got up and walked in the direction of the stern looking man.

‘’You have a visitor’’ the official cried back.

The few inmates who heard the announcement cheered. Someone slapped his back while Emma pleaded with him ‘’bros, I beg nor forget me oh. Find something bring come for me’’

As Imonitie walked out, he felt the warden was extra nice to him but that could have been for another reason. He had not eaten anything since morning so perhaps his stomach was collaborating with his eyes and playing tricks on him.

When they got to the room that was used to see visitors, Imonite stopped but the warden kept on walking. Imonite looked at him in surprise and cocked his head to a corner but the old guard yelled at him ‘’move it!’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
?

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
?

4 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by BlissB(f): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Yipeee!!!!.......touchmeder you are greater than the greatest(nor b 4 where God day sha).......thks for the update *dis 1 wen touchmeder still dy view since.......guess we should be expectin more update soon*
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hey Touchmeder, I must confess u re a great writer av been a ghostreader for months nd this story is WOW. Kudos!
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
touchmeder:
Evening everyone.
@Mistytohcute, I am absolutely glad your kid brother is fine.
thanks for caring and the update
Re: The Cul De Sac by tijehi(f): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
Too beautifully and perfectly crafted.
Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 12:10am On Jul 07, 2015
Stay bless!
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2015
Good work.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Bb4u(f): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ride on, ure d bestest
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2015
FIFTY FOUR
The young maiden Mama Bukky desired was only 15 but double her age and you wouldn’t expect her behaviour from a 30 year old lady! The young maiden went by the name Comfort but there was nothing comforting about her personality. For starters, she had run away twice since Titi brought her and it had only being 3 weeks since she first arrived!

Today Comfort was chopping the ugu leaves on a chopping board and as the knife moved deftly, she continued to sing a mournful tune. It was one of those useless songs known only to the singer. It was the type they concocted on the spot and sang to pass time or feel good about their pitiful existence.

The song was about the suffering in the world and about the lack of love the recipient no longer enjoyed. At some point, she sang about God filling the void in her life and punishing all who stood in the way of her progress. Then she burst into a listless chorus which she sung in Yoruba.

Unbeknownst to her, as she sang, Mama Bukky stood by the kitchen door and watched as she continued to cut the leaves into tiny shreds. The sound of the knife went ''fiam, fiam, fiam…'' while Comfort continued to sing above the sound.

The overall melody was a disaster and the sound irritated Mama Bukky to the heavens and back ''shut up your filthy mouth there!'' Mama Bukky yelled at the young girl.

Immediately Comfort turned and looked at her in surprise; she had no idea her 'unwanted' benefactor was back from the market.

''Welcome ma'' she greeted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Selfless Desires / The Child Bride / Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.