Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47566 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:17am On May 28, 2015
tijehi:
This is so interesting..

By the way. Wosunuuu means 'what happened or what is happening in bini.

Morning and thanks a bunch dear. Agwaaaaaaaaaaaaa I used to hear that sometimes. I think its some kind of exclamation like God forbid or something. Can you help me out there.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Essyprity(f): 10:15am On May 28, 2015
Touch me there! Intriguing.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nmeri17: 12:29pm On May 28, 2015
where enoquin ooo shocked shocked comman see
Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2015
agwaaaaaa!! No update yet: very interesting story; simple and mature in contrary to my first post. More grease to ur elbows
Re: The Cul De Sac by Enoquin(f): 2:19pm On May 28, 2015
Nmeri17:
where enoquin ooo shocked shocked comman see

Lol, I don come. Apart from punctuations and sometimes lumping speech with narration, this is a good story.

Itohan and Jerusbobo need closure. Is Bukky vile? I can't say having no background character to go on except her running mouth but does she deserve her clothes torn and being spoken to disrespectfully? Nope. The father is a grown man and if they hate him so much, then they could refund all the fees he paid for their schooling. Simple
And if I was the father, I'd make sure I sell my house before I die, doing with the proceeds as I deem fit and keeping a part for my burial.

It's so sad about the young doctor and her husband but I am waiting to see what becomes of them.
Re: The Cul De Sac by virtuedagirl(f): 6:14pm On May 28, 2015
Touchmeder is back with a wonderful and very capitivating story,keep it coming ma.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:31pm On May 28, 2015
virtuedagirl:
Touchmeder is back with a wonderful and very capitivating story,keep it coming ma.

God bless
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:32pm On May 28, 2015
Immediately Jesuorobo moved closer and smiled at them. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and announced ‘’you did the right thing sister. Either way I would have supported you’’ Then he looked at David and apologized ‘’my in-law, I am sorry for what you had to witness today. If you choose to marry Itohan after this, it means you are indeed a strong man. I am afraid too many things have happened in this family. Hearts have been broken and it will take some time to heal. I’ve always known it will take a bold man to marry my sister. I am a man so I know I won’t be faced with too many problems. It is the woman that faces the most challenges in cases like this’’

David nodded at Jesuorobo but he said nothing else. Then Itohan cleared her throat and spoke ‘’if David is the one for me, he will not go anywhere’’

Jesuorobo nodded his head in agreement ‘’ you are right sis. If you people choose to go ahead, registry wedding may be the way forward until Itohan can reach a consensus with our father. Please think about the next step carefully but whatever decision you choose to take, I will support you’’

Six month later, Itohan Okungbowa and David Yakubu would marry at the registry in Kaduna. Itohan invited her father but he would fail to show up. Nevertheless, her day was complete. Jesuorobo was present and Aunty Lizzy was there. Her mother’s side of the family was well represented and that was all Itohan needed to complete her day.

An intimate reception would follow and it would be one to remember. After the wedding, David’s parents would fully embrace Itohan and adopt her in every sense of the word. She would continue to enjoy the cordial relationship and the joy of being in a close knit family again.

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:33pm On May 28, 2015
SEVENTEEN

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:35pm On May 28, 2015
EIGHTEEN
Mrs Okungbowa had no idea her husband had opened a second branch until the pharmacy was up and running! One evening as they lay in bed, he told her about it. She was beyond stunned and that night, she spoke to her husband gently ‘’you didn’t tell me dear. Is that fair?’’

‘’I had to strike while the iron was hot. It was a business take over and others were beginning to eye the property. Besides if I had told you, you would have delayed me and that is the last thing I needed. Julie, I’m talking prime property along Airport Road – that is a money spinner right there!’’

‘’Where exactly is the location?’’

‘’It is closer to the Ringroad axis near Oba palace’’

‘’My husband, is that a wise decision? Your pharmacy along Sapele Road became an overnight success due to its strategic location. The key word is location, location, location. Why were you in such a hurry this time around?’’

‘’Don’t be a pessimist Julie. We have the Military Hospital and Faith Mediplex along the same road so…’’

‘’Ermmmm we are talking at the other end of the road dear besides Faith Mediplex is at Giwa Amu. The Military Hospital is tucked in its own world and Faith sells their own medicine. They have a functioning Pharmacy that is second to none. I have friends that work there; you don’t go to Faith and stroll out to buy your medicine from another place. It’s all done in house’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:36pm On May 28, 2015
xyz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:37pm On May 28, 2015
‘’Because it’s been so long since you held me like this. So long my dear so long. I initiate it all the time and even then you are so tired. When last did you take your time with me like this? See what money is doing to us, see what…’’

‘’Shhhhhhhhhhh!’’ he replied. Then he continued with what he was doing and while it happened, he began to lie as usual ‘’I promise you I will change for the better. I will make out more time darling – I promise’’

Then Julie Okungbowa continued to cry but this time, it was no longer tears of pain but of pleasure.

Some weeks later, the devil arrived at the Okungbowa’s residence but first she came in the person of a family member! Mr Okungbowa’s elder sister had visited the week before with a small request.

She heard that her brother had opened a new branch of his pharmacy. She needed a small favour and it was on behalf of a dear friend’s daughter. It wasn’t just a dear friend but her former neighbour and church sister. The dear friend’s daughter was a young lady who went by the name Bukola. She said Bukola was only 27 but she had been through a lot since the death of her father.

She claimed Bukola was a nursing student who had just left a nursing assistant job at a clinic. She claimed the work gave her no time and her school work was suffering. She pleaded for her brother’s assistance. She said the young lady needed help with work and was a hard worker.

The following week, Bukola Badore arrived with her mother and Mr Okungbowa’s sister. At first, it didn’t make any sense. Was Bukola a part-time nursing student? Was there any part-time nursing course in Benin City that allowed a student work fulltime? Then the lady did a double take and retraced her lie. She claimed she had a desire to study nursing but she needed to find a job and make some money first. As the lady spoke, she bowed her head and continued to cry into a handkerchief. Immediately, her mother knelt down on the rug and began to plead for help.

The woman was about the same age as Mr Okungbowa’s elder sister. Immediately the woman started begging, Julie cried out ‘’madam, please get up. Do not bow to any man, it is God that opens a door not man’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:38pm On May 28, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:39pm On May 28, 2015
xzy

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:42pm On May 28, 2015
While Bukola attended to the customers, he watched her backside as she moved around the store swiftly. Her backside rose and fell and it drove him nuts. Most times, a male customer would give him a knowing look because he had caught him ogling at his worker!

On her part, Bukola was a smart girl, besides she was not a baby. She had her boyfriend and she didn’t need a ghost to tell her what was happening. She never encouraged her boss and she kept it professional at all times until the day he touched her backside. This was not accidentally brushing but touching and allowing his hand linger for longer than necessary!It was a bold move; Mr Okungbowa didn’t sweet talk her or promise her any nice or fancy stuff. He just touched her and she turned around and stared at him with fire in her eyes.

He had been acting all coy yet risqué at the same time and it had been making her temperature rise. He had been brushing against her on purpose then he would apologize but today it was different. Bukola was about to play dirty too and she didn’t mind. She touched him at that spot and he touched her too. They continued to play like children in a sandpit until Mr Okungbowa grabbed her somewhere and didn’t let go!

And on that day, it happened right there in the store; on Bukola’s work table. It was a sad case of a man breaking the hedge of protection with his bare hand! And once Mr Okungbowa was done, there was no going back.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by tijehi(f): 6:43pm On May 28, 2015
Agwaaaaaa means God forbid, as in it willl never happen.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2015
Ok nah,we are following jejely!

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by teefaah(f): 10:45am On May 29, 2015
Keep the updates rolling
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:00am On May 29, 2015
Happy democracy day dear readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad for a new dawn. Lets see what Sai baba would do.

By the way, who remembers Obehi from part one? Well for those who don't know she was a girl (then a final year law student of UNIBEN)Unique was seeing.

He was not really serious with her then (she was more like a sex mate to him) but she really liked him. Unique was sort of falling for her but kept holding back. Reason - he does not like to make commitment to the female folks.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:01am On May 29, 2015
NINETEEN

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:02am On May 29, 2015
Then everyone around started laughing and Unique joined in.

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:03am On May 29, 2015
xyz

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:03am On May 29, 2015
Tunde paused for a minute or two and for once, he considered the impossible ‘’are you sleeping with your oga?’’ he asked.

‘’Don’t ask me such a stupid question’’ Bukky spat back at him.

Then Tunde held her by the shoulder and shook her like a rag doll ‘’are you sleeping with him?’’

Then Bukky flung the wrapper away and stood up with a look of defiance in her eyes ‘’yessssssssssss!’’ she yelled back at him.

She thought a slap would follow but the young carpenter slowly got up and stumbled backwards. Then he began to weep quietly. It went on for over two minutes before he wiped his face and walked out of her room.

Tunde had been dating Bukky for a little over a year and he believed they would get married. His carpentry business was not doing badly but the jobs were not coming fast enough. However, Tunde was a hardworking man and he never sat still. Whenever he was out of work, he would call his former boss and make his way to his shop. He didn’t earn a lot but he was kept busy plus there was always something new to learn.

Tunde was so serious with Bukky he had given her a cheap ring and even moved to a small self contained at New Benin area. His plan was to do something small later in the year. The only problem was Bukky had started misbehaving. She no longer wore the ring because she claimed it embarrassed her. She said it was fading and people asked her if it was a jazz ring or an engagement ring! Then she reminded him the cheap stone had fallen off!

On that day Bukky admitted she was sleeping with her boss, Tunde arrived at her place with a proper ring. It was pure gold! Not a high grade one but nevertheless it was gold. He had spent so much money on the tiny piece of jewelry but first, he needed to settle some nagging issues in their relationship. Unfortunately that was the day he learnt of his girlfriend/fiancée’s infidelity.

2 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 11:04am On May 29, 2015
And in that instant, Tunde realized Bukky had done the right thing by breaking up with him. It was still painful and as he walked along the road, he continued to cry but he knew it was best to cry that day than to cry like that in his marriage. Mama Bukky exerted a strong influence on her daughter and no man needed a mother-in-law like that!

3 Likes

Re: The Cul De Sac by Doughyeenbae(f): 1:05pm On May 29, 2015
Awwwwhhhh....Tunde Pele

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nmeri17: 1:11pm On May 29, 2015
Enoquin:

Lol, I don come. Apart from punctuations and sometimes lumping speech with narration, this is a good story.

Itohan and Jerusbobo need closure. Is Bukky vile? I can't say having no background character to go on except her running mouth but does she deserve her clothes torn and being spoken to disrespectfully? Nope. The father is a grown man and if they hate him so much, then they could refund all the fees he paid for their schooling. Simple
And if I was the father, I'd make sure I sell my house before I die, doing with the proceeds as I deem fit and keeping a part for my burial.

It's so sad about the young doctor and her husband but I am waiting to see what becomes of them.
undecided undecided

H-all diss long story...na who H-ask you you no see say una two writing pattern wan take style resemble?? cheesy
Re: The Cul De Sac by Enoquin(f): 1:34pm On May 29, 2015
Nmeri17:
undecided undecided

H-ALL diss long story...na who H-ASK you you no see say una two writing pattern wan take style resemble?? cheesy

undecided so, I for no talk as I read the tori? Wan take style resemble different from e resemble tongue
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nmeri17: 3:54pm On May 29, 2015
Enoquin:

undecided so, I for no talk as I read the tori? Wan take style resemble different from e resemble tongue
owky e re-ZEMBU tongue
Re: The Cul De Sac by Totino: 5:58pm On May 29, 2015
Following passionately! Kudos.
Re: The Cul De Sac by stonecoldcafe: 7:11pm On May 29, 2015
Totino:
Following passionately! Kudos.

Thanks to op. Enjoying the story too

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:22pm On May 29, 2015
TWENTY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:24pm On May 29, 2015
xyz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / The Child Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.