Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. (41560 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Icecomrade: 10:28am On May 16, 2015
Only @AFLYINGBIRD. Made sense to me. Fair hearing is a natural principle that prevents injustice. Its improper to make conclusions no matter the weight of evidence you have without giving the other party a window to say his/her on side of the story.

Giving people window to speak does not exonerate them. There are people with this bad habit of assuming they know what you want to say, know what's on your mind or feels you possibly don't have anything reasonable to say.

It's hypocritical.

4 Likes

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by veave(f): 10:39am On May 16, 2015
zomoears:

No disrespect to the tribe...but it's almost their default mode. lived there for a while, and it's almost normal for the women there to cheat. The men there live with that reality.

Worst thing is, when d men get tough about d cheating ways, d women get diabolical. "Many have gone" when they confronted and emarassed d cheating wives.

It's a vicious cycle, dear. Mother to daughter....

Sad... real sad...

1 Like

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by creepsyme(f): 10:58am On May 16, 2015
REMMEI:

thanks though..i no dey in love with anyone from that part o..na ma bruh o.. was just wondering why it could be so?..need a whole lota research to do on this.
pls do that very quickly before its too late.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by REMMEI(m): 11:13am On May 16, 2015
creepsyme:

cry cry cry

Where are you from really..?

And thanks so far.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by creepsyme(f): 11:44am On May 16, 2015
REMMEI:

cry cry cry
Where are you from really..?

And thanks so far.
am from food basket of tha nation.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by creepsyme(f): 11:47am On May 16, 2015
creepsyme:
also see this frm a member. No disrespect to the tribe...but it's
almost their default mode. lived there
for a while, and it's almost normal for
the women there to cheat. The men
there live with that reality.
Worst thing is, when d men get tough
about d cheating ways, d women get
diabolical. "Many have gone" when
they confronted and emarassed d
cheating wives.
It's a vicious cycle, dear. Mother to
daughter....

2 Likes

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 11:55am On May 16, 2015
Thank you. You sound like a student of Law. I love what you've written. You will make a great Judge.

Icecomrade:
Only @AFLYINGBIRD. Made sense to me. Fair hearing is a natural principle that prevents injustice. Its improper to make conclusions no matter the weight of evidence you have without giving the other party a window to say his/her on side of the story.

Giving people window to speak does not exonerate them. There are people with this bad habit of assuming they know what you want to say, know what's on your mind or feels you possibly don't have anything reasonable to say.

It's hypocritical.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by KENNSAMMY(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2015
I'm reading this on a very small fone yet the fone is around 100kg in weight, what could have caused that pls
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by REMMEI(m): 12:08pm On May 16, 2015
creepsyme:
am from food basket of tha nation.

Waaaow!... Benue state.. smiley. That's good..
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by NnaNna4(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2015
Wendy80:
You are not being rude @all. That mother inlaw sef na wa, to think that she treated her daughter cheating with such levity shows the kind of mother she is. Minimise ur visit to her, talk to her only when necessary to avoid friction.
I must commend u for forgiving ur wife, most Men I know won't oh my hubby inclusive.

1 big like for your advice
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by SurePresident: 12:51pm On May 16, 2015
Wendy80:
You are not being rude @all. That mother inlaw sef na wa, to think that she treated her daughter cheating with such levity shows the kind of mother she is. Minimise ur visit to her, talk to her only when necessary to avoid friction.
I must commend u for forgiving ur wife, most Men I know won't oh my hubby inclusive.
They will soon kill this OP, there's much more that he doesn't know. Talking from experience, forgive an adulterous wife at your own peril. I know one man that was very close to me, he fell victim to the crocodile plea of the relatives but he's 6feet below today. 95% of men that took back adulterous wives die untimely.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by richardadewole: 12:54pm On May 16, 2015
Wendy80:

Mine told me that is it not because I found out. What if I did'nt?
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by richardadewole: 12:56pm On May 16, 2015
creepsyme:
also see this frm a member. No disrespect to the tribe...but it's
almost their default mode. lived there
for a while, and it's almost normal for
the women there to cheat. The men
there live with that reality.
Worst thing is, when d men get tough
about d cheating ways, d women get
diabolical. "Many have gone" when
they confronted and emarassed d
cheating wives.
It's a vicious cycle, dear. Mother to
daughter....

They need cleansing! All the people I know from that part of the country are going through so much, that area needs deliverance.

1 Like

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by richardadewole: 12:59pm On May 16, 2015
justwise:

Complete BS!, I think you are a cheat as well, married for 6 years with 2 kids and she cheated for 5 years with a neighbour you know, you took her back and now focus your anger on MIL rather than your cheating wife and possible father of those 2 kids?
Call me a cynic but you got a lot to hide.

JUSTWISE what would you now say about my own case!

https://www.nairaland.com/2269253/he-great-photographer-sleeps-clients
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by richardadewole: 1:00pm On May 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
who ever forgives a cheating girlfriend talkless of WIFE,is a very big fool!

Would you say I am a fool then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

https://www.nairaland.com/2269253/he-great-photographer-sleeps-clients
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by richardadewole: 1:02pm On May 16, 2015
JesusDWay:
I think you should be careful with the woman. I would have expected her to chide the daughter seriously and should have even been the one to volunteer reporting the matter to her husband but it doesn't appear she did. Infact, for her to make an attempt at covering the whole thing should be somewhat worrisome. Besides, if everything is the way you have said it, I won't be surprised if your wife runs away with another man tomorrow. For her to be cheating after 2 children and 6years of marriage, and with a younger man for that matter shows there's likely a discontent somewhere and it doesn't appear you have addressed it.

I will say you question her very well and know where the problem lies and see what you can do about it.

It's a great thing you did with the forgiveness, it's Christlike but be watchful as well.

Great stuff!
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by joromi: 1:43pm On May 16, 2015
justwise:

Complete BS!, I think you are a cheat as well, married for 6 years with 2 kids and she cheated for 5 years with a neighbour you know, you took her back and now focus your anger on MIL rather than your cheating wife and possible father of those 2 kids?
Call me a cynic but you got a lot to hide.

Naa..
I think he meant his wife is 5 years older than the guy she's cheating with
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by tammie24: 1:45pm On May 16, 2015
Phema:
I think you are channeling your energy in the wrong direction. You should be more concerned about your wife's infidelity and whether or not the kids you call yours are truly yours, rather you are here whining about what your MIL thinks of you.

Does your MIL really understand the gravity of the offence her daughter committed? Is she aware her daughter was/is a sugar mummy? I doubt she is, cos if she were, the last thing on her mind will be how rude you are.

Again i say, channel your energy in the right direction. Thank you.

U are the only one that has made some sense since this thread was opened
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by misterjosh(m): 1:47pm On May 16, 2015
de2oye:
I am a Yoruba man and I got married to an Ebira lady from Kogi state about six years ago. The marriage has been blessed with 2 sons. We lived happily together in the same city while my mother Inlaw lives in another part of the same city, as such we used to visit her together occasionally.

Sometimes last year, my wife told me she want to go and visit her mother Inlaw and I permitted her to go. Accidentally, I had a an unusual call from my office and I decided to branch and join my wife there since my office is just a stone throw from my Inlaw's place. I didn't inform my wife. As I got there, I requested for her phone to enable me make an important call since I've run out of power on mine. She was reluctant to release the phone and I could easily deduced that all is not well. That makes me go further and I to check her chat history. I was amazed and find it difficult that my wife of six years is having an affair with a much younger guy she's older than for at least five years. She started begging me that she can explain, explain what?. I was totally disappointed and confused, I left the place immediately and told her not to even bother coming to my own house again. The funniest thing was that I know this particular guy to be our Neighbour and he used to come to our house and I do give him money at times because he's a student. While all this was going on, the mother Inlaw was not around.

I decided to call her on phone and tell her what happened because the father inlaw was out of the country as at the time of the incidence. The woman pleaded that I should come back and I obliged, the first thing she did that really surprised me was that she started talking to her daughter in their local language known fully well that I don't understand a bit of it and both of them can speak both Yoruba and English fluently. What could she be telling her daughter after I showed her the chat history because I didn't release the phone since that's d only evidence I have against her. I was really angry and rose, I frankly told her that when she's ready to talk to me I will come back, she realized her mistake and refuse to allow me to go. I later left her there and decided to tell the father on phone. He pleaded that I should please allow her back into my house with d kids and I allowed them back only because of the innocent kids and the fact that I respected the man so much. Since then, we 'be never be in good terms again; I mean myself and the mother because she's not happy with the involvement of the father. I decided not to go to their house again except if the father is around.

About 2 months after, the father was around and he tried to settle the whole issue and I decided to let go. To worsen the situation, there was a particular day I went to their house on my way back from office, I was with my mother Inlaw and I asked about one of her relatives who was sick, the answer she gave me was that she didn't know his whereabout which I know she's lying and still keeping the malice. Since then I stopped going there and I have made up my mind not to ever visit her again. Kindly advise, I'm I wrong here?
. NoooOooooOooooOooooO
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Youngpo413: 1:59pm On May 16, 2015
GreenBobo:
OP ..you re a man, just let go.
She is craving for attention and angry at the fact that you went to see her husband.....'as if I cant solve this little misunderstanding'....she would ask herself....she is begging for relevance...
Since you ve forgiven your wife, her child, you should extend that olive branch to her..... don't bother yourself if she decides not to accept, you ve done your part, that is all that matters. Call her, visit her, buy her gifts, allow her grand children to see her. You know she doesn't have much time on earth JUST LET IT GO AND LET HER BE!
then finally the DNA of his
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Youngpo413: 2:50pm On May 16, 2015
Chilug:
How will I co habit with an adulteress woman. God please I don't want to kill my self. U are such a brave man op.
A brave man?
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Youngpo413: 2:54pm On May 16, 2015
EbuGeneral:
the fact is that there is no explanation to make. she first relented to lend him her phone which means she's hiding something from him. she's lucky to have such husband.
Most naija ladies are praying for such a husband
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by GreenBobo: 3:15pm On May 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
then finally the DNA of his
Wetin?
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Youngpo413: 3:15pm On May 16, 2015
dinachi:

The only frank genuine advice from a good woman here! As for supporters of evil like babyosisi and co whose stock in trade is evil and malicious advice, learn from a real woman here.
@Op the first mistake you made was allowing your wife back to the house. That LovePeddler of a wife should have been sent parking immediately. Then undertake a DNA test on your kids.Take custody of your kids and start looking for a new life. If you have done all this, then the mother in law would have learnt to respect you but since she feels that you are not man enough to take the tough decisions, she can now afford to even bear malice. Listen you are the one that is supposed to bear malice and show your anger. Don't let those witches dominate you. Since you have made the mistake of taking your wife back, pls totally ignore that insolent babyosisi kind of MIL and have your peace. I can assure you though that your adulterous wife will cheat again.
Once a cheat...

As for the OP,he is a shame to the menfolk for taking back a cheating wife.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 16, 2015
Justfollowit:

undecided undecided undecided

@de2oye

The MIL is a witch, if he is not careful his wife might end up killing him. A bad wife and a bad MIL are a recipe for disaster, it should be evident to you that the daughter is merely following her mother's footsteps. If I were you I would stop my children from visiting them and BAN the MIL from ever coming to my house again and if she were to refuses, I will arrest her when she comes visiting. undecided

Witch join? Lol
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Purity01(f): 3:40pm On May 16, 2015
dis marra strong o
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 16, 2015
I don't know why some people are angry that the man forgave his wife after all he is the one in the marriage, he has judged the situation and decided he should give her a second chance and it's a good thing he put his family before himself.

1 Like

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by adebisiolumide5(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2015
Texasquare:

u mumu gan
he said he nid advise
upon say u b first to comment.

How I take MUMU
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by josite: 4:20pm On May 16, 2015
ebirs.kabba girls are pretty and notorious flirt.too late u didn't do your homework. culturally she hasn't done anything wrong is her mummy attitude towards u.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2015
de2oye:
I am a Yoruba man and I got married to an Ebira lady from Kogi state about six years ago. The marriage has been blessed with 2 sons. We lived happily together in the same city while my mother Inlaw lives in another part of the same city, as such we used to visit her together occasionally.

Sometimes last year, my wife told me she want to go and visit her mother Inlaw and I permitted her to go. Accidentally, I had a an unusual call from my office and I decided to branch and join my wife there since my office is just a stone throw from my Inlaw's place. I didn't inform my wife. As I got there, I requested for her phone to enable me make an important call since I've run out of power on mine. She was reluctant to release the phone and I could easily deduced that all is not well. That makes me go further and I to check her chat history. I was amazed and find it difficult that my wife of six years is having an affair with a much younger guy she's older than for at least five years. She started begging me that she can explain, explain what?. I was totally disappointed and confused, I left the place immediately and told her not to even bother coming to my own house again. The funniest thing was that I know this particular guy to be our Neighbour and he used to come to our house and I do give him money at times because he's a student. While all this was going on, the mother Inlaw was not around.

I decided to call her on phone and tell her what happened because the father inlaw was out of the country as at the time of the incidence. The woman pleaded that I should come back and I obliged, the first thing she did that really surprised me was that she started talking to her daughter in their local language known fully well that I don't understand a bit of it and both of them can speak both Yoruba and English fluently. What could she be telling her daughter after I showed her the chat history because I didn't release the phone since that's d only evidence I have against her. I was really angry and rose, I frankly told her that when she's ready to talk to me I will come back, she realized her mistake and refuse to allow me to go. I later left her there and decided to tell the father on phone. He pleaded that I should please allow her back into my house with d kids and I allowed them back only because of the innocent kids and the fact that I respected the man so much. Since then, we 'be never be in good terms again; I mean myself and the mother because she's not happy with the involvement of the father. I decided not to go to their house again except if the father is around.

About 2 months after, the father was around and he tried to settle the whole issue and I decided to let go. To worsen the situation, there was a particular day I went to their house on my way back from office, I was with my mother Inlaw and I asked about one of her relatives who was sick, the answer she gave me was that she didn't know his whereabout which I know she's lying and still keeping the malice. Since then I stopped going there and I have made up my mind not to ever visit her again. Kindly advise, I'm I wrong here?

wetin consain me wif man n wife matter.......
abeg who get spare pussy here, rats tooo plenty for my compound.
Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Youngpo413: 5:42pm On May 16, 2015
activefibre1:
u married her becos of her father's wealth...they spoilt their daughter....now you cant control your home....pity.
You are the only one who understands the whole thing,you just took the word out my mouth.

That's why the MIL is manipulating him cos she know he won't have a say,even from his write up,he is afraid of the mother inlaw to the extent he forgot the real matter at hand,assuming the the mil is in good terms with him,no one would have that his wife cheated on him,and I'm sure his parents are not aware of the whole thing...
What a man,
Is he a man.

1 Like

Re: I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. by Youngpo413: 6:04pm On May 16, 2015
chibic:
they are suffering and yet they are the only women in the world too desperate to get married. Nigerian men are always scared of getting married because our women makes life unbearable once you bring them into ur home.

this is exactly my thought. He called the FIL to hear his opinion and accepted the sl.ut back because he asked him to do so. This shows that the FIL made him who he is now. Maybe he works in their company. If not, I don't see why the MIL will be feeling fly even when her daughter have been adulterous. Plus it seems OP does not have his own familly. He's supposed to discuss it with his mom and dad and hear from them too. He needs support from his familly because he come across as a weak man. As for the ssluty wife, I'm sure this may not be the first guy she's cheating with. And the fact that they have been doing this for five years (one year into her marriage) smh shows how much of a wwhore she is, and might have been sleeping with the guy even before she met her hubby. You know these typical nigerian girls that will leave their BF to marry a ready man. They'll continue sleeping with him even after traditional wedding. They may sleep with him a day to their wedding or a week to their wedding as a way of saying goodbye. But after a few yrs into their marriage, they'll start having the hunger to ffuck their ex again. This is the reason why naija women are mostly guilty of cheating on their husbands with their exes.

Recently my friends ex visited him and initiated a sex between them. After the sex, she surprised him with an invitation card of her wedding which will take place in two weeks time. If you are the husband to be and you find out, how will you feel? She's already cheating on him, and it won't stop after marriage. This is nigerian women for you.
The reason why every man should marry a virgin instead of these over used things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalanders Wedding: To An Ethiopian Beauty! / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.