Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari (26061 Views)

Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On / Wike Expresses Anger Over Report On Visits To CJN / Journalist Beaten At Inauguration Over Report On Buhari & Nasarawa Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by havocypie: 9:25pm On May 14, 2015
ABUJA – Signs that ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo subtly amassed support for the election of General Mohammadu Buhari as the Nigeria’s next president and also wants him to succeed in office became evident Thusday when he handed over a report of a strategic development plan to Buhari.

The reports contained templates that would assist the incoming government to rapidly achieve its objectives of taking the nation a notch higher.

Top on the list were Education, Power sector, Economy, Security and Infrastructure.
The development followed a research work embarked upon by the Centre for Human Security of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library on major social challenges facing Nigeria 4 months ago.

The event which took place at the Buhari Support Organization, BSO’s office in Abuja featured the chairman, governing board of the Centre for Human Security of Obasanjo Presidential Library, Professor Akin Mabogunje, who was incidentally the chairman of the committee, former Minister of Finance and Committees vice chairman, Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu who present volumes of the report to Buhari and Dr. Christopher Kolade who headed the power committee.

Speaking to Journalists at the end of the brief ceremony that was held behind closed doors, Mabogunje said the report contained policy documents that would help the president-elect restructure Nigeria, revealing that Buhari was full of thanks for the documents.

He said: “Centre for Human Security of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Liberary has being working on a number of critical issues for the development of this country and they have now sent a delegation of those who’ve been involved with the preparation of those policy documents to talk to the president-elect and get him to appreciate what is being done to help his administration. That’s why we are here.

“We’ve looked  at education, security, economy, power and Infrastructure. Those are the areas we’ve made recommendations and which we hope the new administration will be able to work on.
“He (Buhari) was very happy that we’ve been thinking about how to help him hit the ground running and he expressed his appreciation for what we’ve been doing.”

Giving details of the reports, Dr. Kolade explained the long, medium and short terms goals of the report.

According to him, the strategic plan hoped to raise the country’s power generation to 10,000 MW within a short period of time.

Expanding thoughts on the development also, the Buhari’s media spokesperson, Mallam Garba Shehu said “the whole idea was that Obasanjo set up his own think- tank with the aim of carrying out a study on challenges facing the country in five key areas of Education, Power sector, Economy, Security and Infrastructure.  The study was commissioned four months ago so that the outcome will be made available to the incoming administration after the election.”

He also stated that the president-elect expressed gratitude to Obasanjo for their kind gesture, however regretting that the outgoing regime of president Goodluck Jonathan had not done anything close to that.

“An appreciative President-elect expressed gratitude to Obasanjo and his team, describing their intervention as a great impetus for the incoming government.

Buhari regretted that the out-going government that is supposed to give him tips on how to take-off has done nothing so far.  He thanked the Obasanjo for their gesture, assuring them that his incoming administration will be needing their advice as time goes on”, Shehu said.

Mallam Ahmed Joda, chairman of Buhari transition committee refused to speak in his capacity as the transition committee chairman when asked by Journalists to make input.

“I am here not in the capacity of the chairman of the transition committee. I am here because I am a chairman of one of the committees of the centre that consider security issues at the Obasanjo centre for human security”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/obasanjo-hands-over-report-on-strategic-devt-plan-to-buhari/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 14, 2015
BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

35 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by shachris01: 9:29pm On May 14, 2015
baba and letters.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by admax(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
Am sure he wanted to do the same for Jonathan but that one became something else after seeing access to money more than he ever thought of thanks to his wife.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
report on how to loot national treasure

u did it with Yaradua it worked 100%

u did it with GEJ it worked and stopped

let's see what happens with #babaonechance

but blv me u guys can't cheat God

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
D one weh he use wen he dhe power for 8 years weh no work I hate dis kind of "change"

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by lilmax(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
According to him, the strategic plan hoped to raise the country’s power generation to 10,000 MW within a short period of time

Okay

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
Obj and Buhari we will forever love you. You might have made some mistakes but who is perfect? God will bless the two of you

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by shammah1(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
OBJ is the most corrupt elected president that Nigeria has ever had. That shows exactly what APC are all about. #BabaOneChance one chance keeps embracing corrupt culprits. I wonder how this old bias man intends to tackle kwaraptian. Smh

We are watching

&

God is watching

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Badgers14: 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
Ok now, I guess I should start trekking to OTA to congratulate OBJ gringrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Rowlandjude(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
Two Evil Men

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
A very welcome development. All hands must be on deck.

SHARIAREPORTERS:
D one weh he use wen he dhe power for 8 years weh no work
I hate dis kind of "change"
Enemy of progress. May the good Lord touch your darkened calcified heart.

27 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
Jklue007:

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

Amaechi ur role model?

ur role model hu has no hope of portfolio yet...

ur role model hu has been abandoned by his master after betraying GEJ

Ur role model hu is owing his grandfather's (pensioneers) for 8 months now

ur role model hu has been rejected by his own ppl because he chose to be a judas

ur role model hu only have d hope of being the minister for ANIMAL FENCING AND WIRING

keep wishing ur sef failure and misfortune

it's good for ur health

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
Puppet.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by EagleScribes: 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
Hope it works. Nigeria is in need of serious help now.

May 29 beckons

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by boxypane(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2015
I pray it works. Nigeria must be Great.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by superstar1(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2015
The Genie of Owu keeps showing the inconsequential people how relevant he is.

Some people will definitely have HBP over this news.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by alaoeri: 9:32pm On May 14, 2015
Why OBJ no used the strategic development plan during his regime?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by oluwatomisin93(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2015
obj don't turn saint over night. baba u better be careful with that crafty man

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by doppler999(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
Wow,he moves around a lot,was at OBJ breakfast meeting in Houston,TX just last week.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Sirniyeh(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
This is sincerely a welcomed idea. General Buhari needs you and I to really achieve the change we all desire.

It's a patriotic commitment as past leader. We should all understand that Nigerians generally become wiser after the fall. Past Governors could testify to this fact. By this time next year, Jonathan himself would also be at regretting moment, then he would be bitting fingers that .... Ah I could have done this or that.

Simply because POWER beclouds Mind atimes.

Welcome Baba OBJ. If the grid could reach 10,000mw by december as you proposed, I shall but a goat for you. Quote me

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by charlie009: 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
Obj we know you played a good role during d election, pls its time 4 u 2 step aside n allow Buhari 2 run his show. kiss
Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by shammah1(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2015
And Jonathan's mistakes makes you hate him? undecided I think you're one of the problems we have in Nigeria
abduljabbar4:
Obj and Buhari we will forever love you. You might have made some mistakes but who is perfect? God will bless the two of you

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Tombilly(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2015
TRYING SO HARD SO DAT BUHARI WILL 4GIVE HIS THIEF BUT NA LIE...HE WONT

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by richidinho(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2015
Obasanjo again?
What does this man really want?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by niceguy7(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2015
Obasanjo shld stay out of this......we want new wine in new bottle.
Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2015
A strategic plan he couldn't implement himself?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by sashx(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2015
Military solidarity. Once Generals always Generals

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by Karleb(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2015
alaoeri:
Why OBJ no used the strategic development plan during his regime?

God bless you bro! May you never lack any good thing in life. You just spoke my mind.... Hypocrisy of the highest order!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari by naijainfogalery: 9:35pm On May 14, 2015
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Forgery Allegation: Court Ruling Has Vindicated Us – Senate / Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect / Buhari Leads Ramadan Tafsir Session At The State House, Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.