Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! (12467 Views)

Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception. / How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam / 2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 16, 2015
These are about the most interesting political times in our history as a country. This is probably the best period to be alive in Nigeria. But these are also trying times. According to Tom Paine, these are times that try the souls of men.

The elections are well over, and GMB will soon be sworn-in as our new President come May 29, 2015. I recently created a thread here on the many disguised blessings that lie beneath the loss of GEJ at the last presidential polls. This thread is also about the many blessings. For all intent and purposes, I'm deeply glad GEJ lost.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that detractors will attack this message and myself as someone pandering to the Igbos. Its their call. Its their decision. Its their MB. Its their life. I owe NO apology whatsoever, and no one should expect me to fit their own definition of my life, values and person.

Before 2015 Elections

A few nights ago, I was in the company of my Ijaw folks. As expected, the last elections and the outcome cropped up. People are more politically aware these days. We now discuss more politics than we do wine and women; the latter two have been given some back seat. Its time to look and see into the future. We ended the discussion by agreeing the Igbos stood by our side. Now, some people may accuse the Igbos of doing so purely on some selfish or self-serving motives. That's their business; their alomo bitters!

A whole lot of us grew up with some misinformation and lies against the Igbos. These unfounded and foolish lies created in us some unnecessary suspicion and distrust towards the Igbo people. We were told they are always greedy, narrow-minded and cheats. But my experience with them has proven to be totally false.

My people- great grandparents never understood the vision and courage of late Ojukwu. They never understood his passion. They never understood his person. They never understood him. A lot of Igbos are even yet to fully grasp the vision of the great man; ours can therefore be pardoned. If you don't understand a person's vision, how do you work with them? Can two work together except they be agreed? So asks the Bible. Now, I know better! All those lies have been laid bare. All the misinformation have disappeared as I understood them better. All the talks of the Igbos cornering OUR OIL is plain bullshit, and are lies fed us through our past generations. Now, I know better.

It was due to that lack of understanding of his vision that led late Isaac Boro, a great Ijaw warrior, to side with Nigeria against the Igbos during the Civil War, and thereby strengthened the chains that have now come to bind us. That lack of understanding and subsequent support of the Ijaws against the Igbos that has also contributed to the precarious situation we have now found ourselves in this unholy and untoward contraption. We simply helped and assisted our oppressors. Even Ken Saro-Wiwa caught the vision late; the noose was already around his neck. Too bad. He still remains my hero till my death. Those who braved dangers for a greater and grander purpose are worthy of honour, dignity and utmost respect.

2015 General Elections

I was really ashamed of myself and our grandparents when the Igbos stood by GEJ. I never believed it. I felt we never deserved their goodwill and cooperation. I was particularly elated when the IYC visited Ndigbo weeks before the elections and tried to iron out some issues. Probably, some apologies would have been rendered. Never in my life had I witnessed the isolation that greeted my people during the elections. The propaganda and lying machine of the APC did wonderfully well.

The Igbos stood by us, even when it was so obvious GEJ would lose the elections. They have been maligned and insulted for doing so. They have been needlessly lampooned and denigrated for doing so. They proved we can have in them some BIG BROTHERS. They have proven to be deeply reliable, contrary to what media and the detractors would have us believe. They have been sending these signals to us for decades, but we didn't understand; we didn't see the signals. Now, the chicken is coming home to roost.

The Way Forward

Its not every battle you fight alone. Some battles require alliance. The North and SW just displayed that in the last elections. The SS has NO option than to appeal, through adequate channels, to get closed to the SE. Its has NO alternative. Any solitary agitation will end in futility. History backs my claim. The Igbos will so maligned and disregarded in the past are our only TRUE BROTHERS in the whole contraption. Its time to make amends. Its time to put off the cloak of division and prejudice, and put on the garment of unity, understanding and common vision.

My concerns go well beyond 2015. They even go beyond whatever performance GMB will put forward. I have NO faith in the current structure. Its backward; supports laziness and parasitism.

I'm not a secessionist. I love all Nigerians. I have NO issues with any particular people or tribe. But I love equity and justice more than I love even my own life. I just want a better nation; one founded on the tenets of equity, justice and fairness. And if the current situation doesn't favour these tenets, its time to look at another viable, peaceful, option. I have just one life, and it must be meaningful.

I'm not willing to handover to my kids a system in which they have no hope. I do not hope to bring them into frustration and injustice.

And to all Igbos here, you shall henceforth have my deepest respect and honour for being a BIG BROTHER. And if I have done anything to anyone of you, knowingly and unknowingly, this message is my plea for forgiveness, brotherhood, and peace. You deserve my deepest respect.

Let this message be the blood that is sacrificed for our unity, peace and oneness. God bless you ALL!

Dearpreye.

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 1:54pm On May 16, 2015
Get a job...

13 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 16, 2015
aresa:
Get a job...

Typed this from the office!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Mynd44: 2:07pm On May 16, 2015
aresa:
Get a job...
It's the weekend. Eez allowed.
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by missKiffy(f): 2:07pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Pow pow, knockout blow

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Aegon(m): 2:14pm On May 16, 2015
"That boy calls you father, do not have a hand in his death"

Achebe used this incident in his magnum opus THINGS FALL APART to highlight a cardinal principle in Igbo Cosmology.

Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan called us his brother, we responded in like manner.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 2:14pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm typing from Buckingham palace too?

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by frankie15x(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2015
On point my brother, great job.
I believe there is always light at the end of every tunnel. Once we are fully ready, no one can stop us because God is with us.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 16, 2015
Its easier said than done....an alliance by SS with the SE will only create a bigger 'fraud' (as you call nigeria)...if the igbos want Biafra let them get biafra and if the SS want Niger delta as a country let them get it......I'm not in support of this alliance....let's seperate this regions from each other

BTW what are these 'lies' and 'propaganda'....

Y'all keep taking a step forward and taking a thousand backwards......

10 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by frankie15x(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2015
aresa:
Get a job...
Get a life

15 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 16, 2015
aresa:

I'm typing from Buckingham palace too?

That's life.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 2:28pm On May 16, 2015
Who lied and what lies was told about ibo people?

What lies was told by Yoruba or Hausa people that made ibo people voted for and rigged on behalf of Jonathan?

Do you mind stating the so called lies?

Even how hypocritical and contradictory of you to highlight the fact that Yoruba and Hausa people conspired together to win the election while suggesting the SE/SS should do the same.

What about the whole country combined working together as a Nation to achieve our collective objective instead of the same deceptive and divisive nonsense that they did it so lets do it too?

With such mentality, how different are you from the people you are castigating and blaming your miserable lose on?

You people need to stop insulting our sense by rewriting history and making silly excuses about the fatal and voluntary tribal decisions made by thoughtless and short sighted adults in iboland.

You placed your bet on the wrong side of the fence and as usual you lost so deal with your loss and quit making excuses with the usual victim mentality utterances...

Deal with your lose or learn from it..

27 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by OduaVanguard: 2:30pm On May 16, 2015
Am so happy that the Biafrans are seriously pushing their secessionist ambitions once again. But don't you all think you need an Ojukwu-type figure to be your rallying point and arrowhead? Abi who does the Nigeria gov't sit down and negotiate your terms of separation with?

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by frankie15x(m): 2:36pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:
Its easier said than done....an alliance by SS with the SE will only create a bigger 'fraud' (as you call nigeria)...if the igbos want Biafra let them get biafra and if the SS want Niger delta as a country let them get it......I'm not in support of this alliance....let's seperate this regions from each other
Sarahatuba u take style beautiful o
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 16, 2015
frankie15x:
Sarahatuba u take style beautiful o
lol thank you sir cheesy
Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by SOUNDKING: 2:49pm On May 16, 2015
Well said bro,God bless you, now waith and recieve bashing from our common enemies,those that believe that the whole nation should be made 1 when it comes to oil forgeting they said you and i have no right in lagos, they are warming up their keyboards, but dont worry, leave the replies for me.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 16, 2015
SOUNDKING:
Well said bro,God bless you, now waith and recieve bashing from our common enemies,those that believe that the whole nation should be made 1 when it comes to oil forgeting they said you and i have no right in lagos, they are warming up their keyboards, but dont worry, leave the replies for me.

Hahaha. Good one there. Never mind the detractors.

14 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by SOUNDKING: 2:52pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:
just keep shut this thread is not for kids, i don't care your tribe.

16 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 16, 2015
SOUNDKING:
just keep shut this thread is not for kids, i don't care your tribe.
LMAO are you the pot or the kettle?

care or dont care exclude SS frm you biafran dreams

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 16, 2015
@OP,
We promised to sail or sink with GEJ and we kept our word!

So, did we sink with him?
No! We hold our heads high!
We did what we knew was right.
No regreets whatsoever and if we have same opportunity again, we shall do it muh more than before.

Having said that, bro I am secessionist.
Nigeria is a "country" founded by slave traders.
We are not slaves, we are free born!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by SOUNDKING: 2:57pm On May 16, 2015
aresa:
Who lied and what lies was told about ibo people?

What lies was told by Yoruba or Hausa people that made ibo people voted for and rigged on behalf of Jonathan?

Do you mind stating the so called lies?

Even how hypocritical and contradictory of you to highlight the fact that Yoruba and Hausa people conspired together to win the election while suggesting the SE/SS should do the same.

What about the whole country combined working together as a Nation to achieve our collective objective instead of the same deceptive and divisive nonsense that they did it so lets do it too?

With such mentality, how different are you from the people you are castigating and blaming your miserable lose on?

You people need to stop insulting our sense by rewriting history and making silly excuses about the fatal and voluntary tribal decisions made by thoughtless and short sighted adults in iboland.

You placed your bet on the wrong side of the fence and as usual you lost so deal with your loss and quit making excuses with the usual victim mentality utterances...

Deal with your lose or learn from it..

will you go d sleep before you start going unclad, pls,most of the exprienced mad people that roams today started this your way.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2015
When will opening of yeye threads end on this forum. Jonathan lost in the election. Deal with it. Go lick your wound.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 3:07pm On May 16, 2015
[s]
SOUNDKING:
will you go d sleep before you start going unclad, pls,most of the exprienced mad people that roams today started this your way.
[/s]

This is a discussion forum so keep quiet or logoff the internet if you have nothing better to contribute apart from trolling...

9 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by aresa: 3:13pm On May 16, 2015
noblezone:
@OP,

No! We hold our heads high!
!

Does it really matter how you hold your head left right center down or up? You lost AS USUAL PERIOD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by SOUNDKING: 3:41pm On May 16, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

This is a discussion forum so keep quiet or logoff the internet if you have nothing better to contribute apart from trolling...
look who is ranting.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by SOUNDKING: 3:43pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

LMAO are you the pot or the kettle?

care or dont care exclude SS frm you biafran dreams
i said i don't care your tribe, all i know is that you are naturally stu+pid.

11 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by BlackTechnology: 4:02pm On May 16, 2015
Aegon:

Achebe used this incident in his magnum opus THINGS FALL APART to highlight a cardinal principle in Igbo Cosmology.

I bow to your wisdom .

You looked deeper into Things Fall Apart. cool

Truly why should we abandon GEJ who called us brother. cool

17 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by BlackTechnology: 4:04pm On May 16, 2015
sarahatuba:

Ewedu eater

Go and sleep grin

14 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 16, 2015
Aegon:

You responded in the grandest of manners!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 16, 2015
SOUNDKING:
i said i don't care your tribe, all i know is that you are naturally stu+pid.

Ladies and gentlemen this is what happens when someone who is mentally unstable is allowed access to the internet smiley

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Ewedu eater

Go and sleep grin
*sighs* despite how intelligent y'all try to sound you think who ever doesn't support your movement is a yoruba person

*sighs*

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections And Beyond: My Perception About The Igbos! by superstar1(m): 4:17pm On May 16, 2015
Another senseless thread.

They stood with corruption and held their heads high.

They stood with cluelessness and held their heads high.

They stood with nepotism and held their heads hih.

they stood with looting of a never-seen-before- calibre and held their heads high.

If some people are not ashamed of their moral bankruptcy, blinded by ethnic bigotry and voted against the right judgement of good and bad, then such people are not far from Anini.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola, Dalung, Ngige, Adeosun, Lai Mohammed At FG Town Hall Meeting In Abuja / FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / Alleged Killer Of General Shuwa Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.