Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva (30148 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed The Trust Of Nigerians --- Odimegwu (1) / Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Nobody: 10:38am On May 17, 2015
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Demdem(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2015
More reasonable Ss peeps are beginning to realise what demdem has always been saying over the years.
Jonah-daft is very useless governance wise.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Abagworo(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2015
philips70:

This is where the problem will come from. i just pray we will not be worse off than South Sudan when this much expected Niger Delta republic we are struggling for comes. We have the highest number of greedy individuals in this area.

What Amaechi gave as a response in one of his interviews remains an answer for the entire Nigerian project. If George Bush snr could be succeeded 8 years after leaving office by George Bush jnr then its possible in a changed Nigeria. If Buhari can make Nigeria work then in 20years time competence will completely overide tribe and religion.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Demdem(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2015
Abagworo:

What Amaechi gave as a response in one of his interviews remains an answer for the entire Nigerian project. If George Bush snr could be succeeded 8 years after leaving office by George Bush jnr then its possible in a changed Nigeria. If Buhari can make Nigeria work then in 20years time competence will completely overide tribe and religion.

I agree 100%
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by senatoradeolaa: 10:56am On May 17, 2015
when u want to dine with d devil make sure u have a long spoon.
Abeg enough of all this go and ask him to tell u.. simple.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Legitbaba(m): 11:02am On May 17, 2015
youmour:
Things where running fairly okay in Bayelsa in hes tenure, due process was transparent and working.
For this u are saying...i pray may Buahri run Nigeria d way Sylva (coco man) ran Bayelsa...
pls don't say wah u knw nothing about

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by sethken: 11:50am On May 17, 2015
Abagworo:

Amaechi maybe a governor in Nigeria. He absolutely does not understand American politics. The election of George Bush Jr. an incompetent slowpoke, and a known former alcoholic is not a good example. Bush Jr. was elected because the white man in America felt that power was gradually slipping away from his grip. Clinton/Gore championed minority causes which a lot of whites oppose. Bush Jr. was elected because he was the son of Bush Sr. We all knew during the campaign that he was empty upstairs but he won anyways because of the white majority quest to hang onto power at all cost. The Bush Presidency was a disaster. He will go down in history as one of America's worst.

Bush failures ushered in Obama, an intelligent Harvard trained biracial lawyer. Americans all of a sudden became more open minded to the idea of a black President. They wanted to be accepted again on the international stage. Obama was seen as that figure who will help rewrite the wrongs inflicted on the American image by Bush. I attended an Obama rally in St. Louis, MO. I could not believe my eyes. Over one hundred thousand sea of white heads filled an open arena to listen to a black man speak. Bush Jr. almost turned America into a pariah state. America was now known as this super-power that used its might to subjugate Nations that were in odds with its ideals. Iraq and other failed policies orchestrated by the neo-cons who surrounded Bush was a disaster. America's image was trounced on the international stage. Europe was alarmed.

Using the example of the second coming of Bush is a fail. Maybe only in Nigeria can you use such examples and get away with it. Jeb Bush, Bush the third, absolutely has no chance, even though he was an excellent governor in the State of Florida. Americans will not walk that road a third time. Just like Bush Sr. who was a failure, Bush Jr., was worse.

The wisdom from the Bush years should be this: if something is rejected once, don't go that road a second time. There is a reason why it failed the first time. It is analogous to making up with an ex, giving an ex a second chance, nothing good comes out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by omusiliyu(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2015
Otu-oke is a small tiny village. What an insult
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by philips70(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2015
Abagworo:

The apostles of "he's our son" will have to undergo thorough socio-political and spiritual rebirth by then. These people who do not know that having your son in Aso Rock do not equate to infrastructural and human capital development aspirations of your region. At least we should even learn from the fact the number of years the so called "born to rule" ruled Nigeria doesn't have any infinitesimal advantage as per infrastructural and human development of their region. It only makes some few powerful and privileged persons very rich leaving majority more pauperized and hated by other regions.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 17, 2015
Chei! Sylva dat almost sold bayelsa state get mouth 2 insult GEJ. ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐ Abeg make human being talk, no be dis animal
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 17, 2015
Legitbaba:

For this u are saying...i pray may Buahri run Nigeria d way Sylva (coco man) ran Bayelsa...
pls don't say wah u knw nothing about
Please don't waste ur energy explaining. We know how dis idiot called sylva destroyed bayelsa state.
Only d fools dat don't know d truth will come here n spew rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ayoromer: 12:18pm On May 17, 2015
salva did not join apc because he love d party no because pdp forced him out he went to apc to continue his political aims his govt was d wrost govt yes make peace in d creet live wit militant in govs house n kill anybody dat talk abt his govt jona disappoint he also did nembe road dat it is his home town he did not do d road apart frm paying salary wat else wat did he did for his people as a gov nothing both of them are disapointment.salva was stoned out of office by d people of bayelsa not jona.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by chax100(f): 12:19pm On May 17, 2015
[quote austarted arching4lovee post=33816920] undecided

THANK GOD EVERY REGION NOW OWNS THE NIGER DELTA OIL AND MAY GOD BLESS THE NORTHERN AND SOUTH WEST REPS WHO PASSED THAT BILL. NIGER DELTANS HAVE BEEN OVER PAMPERED IN THE NIGERIAN STATE AND ITS HIGH TIME WE PUT A CHECK ON THEM. EVERY RESOURCES IN THE NIGERIAN TERRITORY BELONGS TO ALL NIGERIANS. WE CAN NOT CONTINUE TO ALLOW THEM CLAIM OWNERSHIP OF OUR OIL WHILE THEIR REGION WAS DEVELOPED BY MONEY FROM COCOA AND GROUNDNUT BEFORE OIL WAS DISCOVERED.

THIS IS THE CHANGE WE CLAMOURED FOR AND I'M GLAD CHANGE IS HERE. THE SOUTH EAST ARE VERY BITTER ABOUT THE BILL BECAUSE THEY ARE STYLISHLY LURING THE NIGER DELTA INTO THEIR BIAFRAN DREAM WHICH IS FUTILE FROM INCEPTION. I REALLY THANK THE NORTH FOR MAKING THIS GREAT MOVE. THE NORTH SHALL ALWAYS BE THE OWNER OF NIGERIA COS THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST POPULATION AND LAND MASS. WE SOUTHWESTERNERS ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND THE NORTH cool
[/quote]

You have started smoking those dried pawpaw leaves again.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by babestella: 1:00pm On May 17, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

THANK GOD EVERY REGION NOW OWNS THE NIGER DELTA OIL AND MAY GOD BLESS THE NORTHERN AND SOUTH WEST REPS WHO PASSED THAT BILL. NIGER DELTANS HAVE BEEN OVER PAMPERED IN THE NIGERIAN STATE AND ITS HIGH TIME WE PUT A CHECK ON THEM. EVERY RESOURCES IN THE NIGERIAN TERRITORY BELONGS TO ALL NIGERIANS. WE CAN NOT CONTINUE TO ALLOW THEM CLAIM OWNERSHIP OF OUR OIL WHILE THEIR REGION WAS DEVELOPED BY MONEY FROM COCOA AND GROUNDNUT BEFORE OIL WAS DISCOVERED.

THIS IS THE CHANGE WE CLAMOURED FOR AND I'M GLAD CHANGE IS HERE. THE SOUTH EAST ARE VERY BITTER ABOUT THE BILL BECAUSE THEY ARE STYLISHLY LURING THE NIGER DELTA INTO THEIR BIAFRAN DREAM WHICH IS FUTILE FROM INCEPTION. I REALLY THANK THE NORTH FOR MAKING THIS GREAT MOVE. THE NORTH SHALL ALWAYS BE THE OWNER OF NIGERIA COS THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST POPULATION AND LAND MASS. WE SOUTHWESTERNERS ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND THE NORTH cool

Whatever you smoked before typing this really got the best of you. Goshhhh.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Marvin67: 1:20pm On May 17, 2015
pinkbee:

Please don't waste ur energy explaining. We know how dis idiot called sylva destroyed bayelsa state.
Only d fools dat don't know d truth will come here n spew rubbish.

Some people who have never left lagos would just sit in the south west and be typing something about a state they know nothing about. Silva is the worst governor in the history of Bayelsa. This same Sylva that spent his time as governor going to beaches, and drinking away in night clubs, can now call himself a progressive. Shame on anyone who supports Silva just because he's a APC member. May their governors govern their states the way Silva governed Bayelsa

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by BOBBYLET: 1:36pm On May 17, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

cocoa from west,ground nut from north,rubber,palm oil and cassaava from were
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by sdavirus: 2:33pm On May 17, 2015
This cocaïne sniffing ex-gov still has mouth to talk. The people of Bayelsa even dislike him more than the people of Rivers to Amaechi. His family members I know, didn't benefit from him, talkless of the people of Bayelsa. I remember his cousins son even saying the past government was better to them, than when he was in. If i didn't know u, I would have listened.

You all are the same.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by sdavirus: 2:38pm On May 17, 2015
Marvin67:

Some people who have never left lagos would just sit in the south west and be typing something about a state they know nothing about. Silva is the worst governor in the history of Bayelsa. This same Sylva that spent his time as governor going to beaches, and drinking away in night clubs, can now call himself a progressive. Shame on anyone who supports Silva just because he's a APC member. May their governors govern their states the way Silva governed Bayelsa

Leave them, let them keep on talking about what they know nothing about.

One of the Top 5 worst governors since '99
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Legitbaba(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2015
Abagworo:

d same Amaechi swear never to handover power to his fellow Ikwerre man...
Hypocrisy is all i smell

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ibietela2(m): 2:44pm On May 17, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:
Jonathan not only betrayed you and Niger Delta. He betrayed Nigeria as a whole by wasting five nad half years of our nation life.

There is sense in this:

Clearly, it was a witch-hunt. If you look at the status of the case today, every accused person has been discharged and acquitted. The Accountant-General of the state has been discharged; the Commissioner of Finance, who was also arraigned with me, has been discharged, leaving only me, because I was the one they wanted. No governor has access to the treasury without the Accountant-General and I am not a signatory to the state account. Therefore, if all the signatories to the account have been discharged, then why am I still being prosecuted? Of course, they wanted me and they know that the charges cannot convict me, so they want to keep the case in court to give the impression that I am being tried for corruption. As soon as my name came up for the very temporary job of transition committee, you saw all kinds of articles: ‘Oh, he is being tried for corruption,’ ‘Why did you give him this kind of position?’ They just want to keep the case alive so that I would never get anything in this country, by their own reckoning.

TANoids sympathetic to Jonathan, can you fault this submission by Sylva?
[/s]

This fake Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Abagworo(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2015
Marvin67:

Remember Jonathan was also Bayelsa Governor for 2 years. I can at least point out tge fact that Sylva helped reduce militancy which thrived under Jonathan as Governor. He equally built some noticeable infrastructure and lobied for employment of Bayelsa indigenes in host oil firms. He might not be as good as Alamiesigha but he is 200x better than Jonathan in all ramification.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ibietela2(m): 2:46pm On May 17, 2015
sakaguchi:
People of puch newspaper, you are such good authors, I read the first paragraph and stopped reading.

Lol
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ibietela2(m): 2:47pm On May 17, 2015
[s]
searching4lovee:
undecided

[/s]
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by Abagworo(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2015
Legitbaba:

d same Amaechi swear never to handover power to his fellow Ikwerre man... Hypocrisy is all i smell
Why should he when Dakuku is way better than Wike?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by adaybayor(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2015
folabayo1:
Chai the downfall of a man is the end of respect grin
Jonah don suffer! Everybody just dey diss the man..
Anyway Saibaba

U look familiar, are you AWO?
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ibietela2(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2015
Abagworo:

Why should he when Dakuku is way better than Wike?

Dakuku is like Jonathan, too Soft
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ibietela2(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2015
We all know Jonathan FAILED us in the Niger Delta............ So tell me something i don't already know.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by folabayo1(f): 3:15pm On May 17, 2015
adaybayor:

U look familiar, are you AWO?
Awo wah??
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by darelar(m): 4:05pm On May 17, 2015
Legitbaba:
OMG...how people lie...i don't just know...Sylva...only God will judge u for d lies ur telling...u brought peace to d niger delta??....u constructed many roads in Bayelsa?? OMG...pls mentioned d roads..
d way Bayelsans hate this man ehn....even in his own clan nebe...nt to talk of other tribes...talking shit...
This was a man termed as d worst governor of Bayelsa ever...
You are wrong. He constructed almost all the internal yenagoa like osiri road, back of cbn, down to tomibia, Ebisam, akenfa 3 etc. We all know how cult guys operate then but with introduction of operation famtangbe, people's became free from harassment and burglars. Although he's not Saint but his tenure is not as bad as you said.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by icedbreez(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2015
That is the mind set of a selfish man who put his own aspirations over and above that of an entire region who agitated, struggled and protested against the parasitic Nigerian state, the the struggle from which he benefited. Why didn't he develope the SS and risk his second term on the alter of a developed Niger Delta?
The Hausa/Fulani man would never negotiate or compromise the Presidency no matter what you do for them.

Medley:
what was the major undoing of president GEJ was that he wanted to appease the north in his first term,with the hope that when he wins in 2019 he will use federal resources to develop south-south,he forgot in the north their allegience is to themselves.

Have you asked the question why he just approved some project now and why he tried to move the LADOL port project to bayelsa?
Re: Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva by ellechrystal(f): 4:23pm On May 17, 2015
redvektor:
i jos day laf am he said he build the biggest park in nigeria (peace park) bros u need to see the park fear no go let u enter becuz of the fear of snakes the so called park that was nigleted in his term in office while in the area of roads and security(operation fam tangbe) i rest my case
Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaha, hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....
D bolded cracked me silly.
Hahahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll / Obaseki's Disqualification: Charles Idahosa Says APC Is Dead In Edo / Jude Nkama Appointed As Judge In New Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.