Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh (10146 Views)

Police Shut Ondo House Of Assembly (video) / Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam / BBC & DailyMail Apologize About Nigerian Restaurant Serving Human Flesh Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2015
A restaurant in Anambra has reportedly been shut
down for cooking human flesh and serving it to
customers.
The police were tipped off by locals who suspected
something horrific was taking place inside the
kitchen.
They raided the hotel restaurant to discover human
heads which were still dripping with blood in plastic
bags.
A local priest who ate at the restaurant was alarmed
at the price of meals there, let alone where the
meat came from, BBC Swahili reported.
He was presented with a bill of N700.
The priest said: ‘The attendant noticed my reaction
and told me it was the small piece of meat I had
eaten that made the bill scale that high.
“I did not know I had been served with human meat,
and that it was that expensive.”
The police also found a terrifying arsenal of weapons
which included grenades when they raided the
restaurant. Ten people were arrested in connection
to the crimes.
One resident said, “I am not surprised at the
shocking revelation. Every time I went to the market,
I observed strange activities going on in the hotel.
“People who were never cleanly dressed and who
looked a bit strange made their way in and out of the
hotel, making me very suspicious of their activities.”

www.punchng.com/news/police-shut-anambra-restaurant-for-serving-human-flesh/

Seun, Lalasticlala.

1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by lagbaja(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2015
I am too shocked to comment

2 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 17, 2015
Military zone

Keep off

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by eaglechild: 2:28pm On May 17, 2015
Hogwash
Can we know the name of the restaurant, the town and L. G. A.
Without this the story is fabricated.
We all know what PUNCH can do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 17, 2015
A hotel in Anambra?
No city
No street
No name of restaurant or picture
No names and no pictures of culprits
Who believes this stupid concoction just to sell newspaper?
Mschtwwwww
A juicy story such as that has absolutely no details
So Punch has become like Ikebe super of old?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Frankenstein: 2:37pm On May 17, 2015
BBC Swahili reported?? Do people now speak swahili in Anambra

Update 5/15; 11:24 p.m. EST: Though the BBC
reported this story locally on Wednesday, 5/13,
upon further review, we learned the story is over
a year old and from a disputed source. We
apologize for the error.

http://www.eater.com/2015/5/15/8613497/nigerian-restaurant-shut-down-for-serving-human-flesh

6 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by bamidele029: 2:38pm On May 17, 2015
babyosisi:
A hotel in Anambra?
No city
No street
No name of restaurant or picture
No names and no pictures of culprits
Who believes this stupid concoction just to sell newspaper?
Mschtwwwww
A juicy story such as that has absolutely no details
So Punch has become like Ikebe super of old?

It's also in dailymail uk, is that also iceberg super If it was a resturant in a Lagos or Ibadan you wouldn't ask for details before going on your tribalistic rant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084326/Nigerian-restaurant-shut-serving-HUMAN-flesh-bags-containing-human-heads-bleeding.html

The comments there are so shameful

11 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 17, 2015
A local priest who ate at the restaurant was alarmed
at the price of meals there, let alone where the
meat came from, BBC Swahili reported.

ROFL grin grin grin grin grin
Missed it o
Thanks @ Frankenstein
This should be in the jokes section abeg

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by bamidele029: 2:40pm On May 17, 2015
Comments from dailymail uk on the story

"Another new low for nigeria"

bill hicks, hicksville, United Kingdom, 20 hours ago

I'm sure this is not new for them....

7 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 17, 2015
bamidele029:

It's also in dailymail uk, is that also iceberg super If it was a resturant in a Lagos or Ibadan you wouldn't ask for details before going on your tribalistic rant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084326/Nigerian-restaurant-shut-serving-HUMAN-flesh-bags-containing-human-heads-bleeding.html

The comments there are so shameful

The joke is on you bro
Reported by BBC Swahili too abi grin grin grin
See how punch is making Nigeria a laughing stock by their stoopidity and rush to sell paper by any means necessary

4 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by phyllosilicate(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2015
Definitely, there would be more than one restaurant. I have heard that there are coded places over there, where human meats are sold.

A restaurant that sells human meat, would need constant supply of people to kill. People are evil.

4 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by spako4(m): 2:42pm On May 17, 2015
Are will still safe?
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by lolababe331e: 2:43pm On May 17, 2015
bamidele029:
Comments from dailymail uk on the story

"Another new low for nigeria"

bill hicks, hicksville, United Kingdom, 20 hours ago

I'm sure this is not new for them....

See how they are shaming Nigeria all over the world , chai

8 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by freezone4real(f): 2:44pm On May 17, 2015
K
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 17, 2015
Frankenstein:
BBC Swahili reported?? Do people now speak swahili in Anambra

apologize for the error.

http://www.eater.com/2015/5/15/8613497/nigerian-restaurant-shut-down-for-serving-human-flesh

Yorubas are indeed the problem with Nigeria
They originated this baseless story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Olabamidelemi(m): 2:46pm On May 17, 2015
Ibos are cannibals since 100BC

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Frankenstein: 2:47pm On May 17, 2015
lolababe331e:

See how they are shaming Nigeria all over the world , chai
Suck on this...

apologize for the error.

http://www.eater.com/2015/5/15/8613497/
nigerian-restaurant-shut-down-for-serving-
human-flesh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by freezone4real(f): 2:47pm On May 17, 2015
I heard they eat human flesh in the south east, I am not surprise.

4 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by bamidele029: 2:49pm On May 17, 2015
Frankenstein:
Suck on this...

apologize for the error.

http://www.eater.com/2015/5/15/8613497/
nigerian-restaurant-shut-down-for-serving-
human-flesh

So it happened a year ago , that's your defense grin lmao guess that makes it better shocked

5 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by bamidele029: 2:52pm On May 17, 2015
More comments from dailymail uk

This has made me feel sick. There is some weird places in this world with even weirder people

Just to point out, the people from the eastern part of Nigeria - the Igbos are obsessed with money, some would even betray their entire family to get rich. So don't be surprised the priest was more concerned about the amount he had to pay for his "special" meat. Though this story is old, it certainly stays a reminder, be careful where you eat in these countries that there are no laws monitoring how the food outlets are run.

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by tonytony208(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2015
Now those flaaaatheads will tell us they don't practice cannibalism anymore. When we said Igbo's still eat human flesh, they said it was a lie. Now, it is confirmed that Igbo's are cannibals.

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by xmich(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2015
FAKE NEWS

What is the name of the hotel

How do we locate it

Were are the pictures of the culprit(Manager,staff arrested on the raid)

Pictures of the human heads discovered in the hotel

If I made a mistake in my requirements to believe this news,I stand to be correctedshocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 17, 2015
Origins: On 5 September 2013, the Nigerian tabloid Osun Defender published a grisly account of a local hotel restaurant that had been shut down after authorities found it to be selling dishes made of human meat, with police reportedly recovering two fresh human heads at the scene. [b]This account was widely picked up by western news outlets in February 2014, who unquestioningly reported it as straight news:
A restaurant in the Nigerian state of Anambra has been shut down after the authorities reportedly found it has been selling dishes made of human meat. [/b]

The police recovered at least two fresh human heads when they arrested 11 people from the restaurant including the owner, six women and four men, following a tip-off.

The blood-soaked heads were found wrapped in cellophane sheets.

Officials have also seized two AK-47 rifles, other weapons, dozens of rounds of ammunitions and several mobile phones during the raid.
A more critical examination of the original report would have noted several tell-tale signs of a hoax:

The article was completely lacking in any verifiable details: The name of the hotel where the gruesome discovery was allegedly made was withheld, the persons quoted in the article were referenced only by vague descriptions and not by name (e.g., "a vegetable seller," "a pastor,"wink, none of the eleven persons purportedly arrested was identified, and not a single law enforcement officer or other official was quoted, named, or referenced in the story.
The claim stemmed from a single source: No other news outlet in Nigeria (or elsewhere in the world) reported on this story, other than to repeat what Osun Defender had published without further verification.
The article was obviously flippant in tone (e.g., a pastor's reaction to being informed that he had consumed human flesh was to note how expensive the meat was):
"Each time I came to market, because the hotel is very close to the market, I always noticed funny movements in and out of the hotel; dirty people with dirty characters always come into the hotel. So, I was not surprised when the police made this discovery in the early hours of yesterday," said a vegetable seller in the area

A Pastor who was among the people who tipped off the police on Thursday said: "I went to the hotel early this year, after eating, I was told that a lump of meat was being sold at N700, I was surprised. So I did not know it was human meat that I ate at such expensive price."

Multiple comments left on the Defender's site by local residents (and others) denounced the newspaper for regularly printing false news stories like this one:
This news site is known for faking stories to boost its rating. I bet, this is another cooked up story. From what I know about Anambra state, they neither eat humans, horse, dog, nor cat. No person can publicly sell human parts in Onitsha and last for one minute without being arrested.

This is false news being used to generate page hits by unintelligent and stupid nigerian bloggers. What these IDIOTS creating these false news fail to see is that there is a huge population of RACIST white people eager to take any negative about africa and broadcast it, irrespective of whether there is truth in it or not.

SHAME ON YOU OSUN DEFENDER, WRITING UP SUCH IRRELEVANT TRASH, CHEAP LAZY, USELESS JOURNALISM THAT HAS NO PLACE IN OUR SOCIETY. YOUR NEWSPAPER HAS JUST PROVED ITSELF TO BE A USELESS, UNRELIEBLE IRRESPONSIBLE SOURCE OF NEWS AND JOURNALISM. THIS DOES NO STANDING FOR NIGERIA ESPECIALLY LIES. I WISH YOU NO FOR OF LUCK, AND LET’S SEE HOW LONG YOU LAST. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/nigeria.asp#lSVtQblOPxB6ykd1.99

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by FKO81(m): 2:54pm On May 17, 2015
Olabamidelemi:
Ibos are cannibals since 100BC
Yorubas are worse, Kindly read this.

[b]Where the living buys the dead, From the mortuary, through the cemetery and finally to Jankara market in Lagos, the thriving business in human parts

IN the state of Lagos, the economic capital of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, various activities (notorious ones for that matter) have been going on among the living against the dead. The living have been disturbing the dead, grave crimes are being perpetuated against the dead as wicked and hardened Nigerians go to any length at making money. Even, the living is also victims of these notorious and wicked people who derive pleasure in hurting and putting people through pain and sorrowful death before taking their human parts for various purposes ranging from rituals and money making. According to our source who prefers to remain unidentified, these people are very young Nigerians. “ All these small, small boys get plenty money and dem they carry gun de waka about, when they come in the night for human parts they no de price am, dem go just pay us the money”. He said their activities start in the mid-night of every day. The source went further to say that depending on the type and size, either fresh ones or the decayed, determines the price for the human parts. When asked how they who work in the cemetery meet up with the demands for human parts, he said that they get human parts from various sources. The Ikoyi cemetery is divided into two parts. The first part is the one they call the part for permanent burial which is located at both left and right of the road and very close to the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN). While the second part is the temporary site located at the back of the FRCN at the extreme end of Ikoyi, close to the former Federal Secretariat and SSS building, Alagbon in Ikoyi. The bulk of the human parts sold at Ikoyi cemetery is from this temporary site because those buried at this part of the cemetery are unknown people and bodies that are not claimed at the mortuary which are brought for mass burial. After their bodies are buried, and usually they are buried by these same labourers, the grave site is identified. When night comes and their customers arrived, they exhume the bodies and after placing orders for specific parts, they slice off the parts and have the body reburied. The preference of the cemetery for purchase of human parts by these people is because according to National Daily findings, parts from the cemetery are fresh ones which are just buried that same day or a day later. For these reason they are very expensive. The parts that are mostly on demand are the female bosom, public hair, the male organ and the tongue. The most expensive and most difficult human part to obtain is the heart, it is difficult because it depends on what they want to use it for and the process of extracting the heart from the body is rather difficult because if not properly done it may be damaged and becomes useless. “Putting into consideration the type of vehicles that these people bring when they come for the purchase and the calibre of some prominent people who at times come to the cemetery with their herbalist to perform some rituals, it is going to be very difficult before the perpetrators of this act can be brought to book” the source said. These prominent Nigerians according to our source who made me swore to an oath before he continued talking use these human parts for longetivity, to extend their life span on earth and to cure some ailment that defile medical solutions. They also use the heart of women to look more beautiful and younger. The Yoruba's call this “Ogun Ajidewe” The other categories of buyers are those who want to make use of the human parts for money making and for self defence so that they would be saved from attacks of their enemies and opponents. The parts mostly used for money making are the female bosom and the public hair, using the human eye is out of fashion because at times it fails to perform as expected. When the National Daily reporter pressed further with questions on why there is increase in ritual murders in the state of Lagos, our source said cases of ritual murders have reduced greatly because people who seek fresh human parts have found out it is much more difficult to abduct people and kill them but that it is easy to come to the cemetery and purchase with “ease”. “After all the dead is dead no matter what if they do not cut it off it will just decay”, the source said. This human parts business has even gone beyond the cemetery in Lagos. Now a days, human parts are not only sold in cemeteries but also at market places where intending customers wishing to purchase human parts ranging from tongue to fingers, human bosoms to male genital organs or private parts including human skulls. This market where human parts are sold is located in the very heart of Lagos and it is a very popular market where various goods ranging from house hold items to industrial goods are sold, they are easily available in this market and when you move deeper inside the market there is a section where herds are sold, for different kinds of sicknesses such as malaria fever, black soap, "Osedudu" and other natural remedies used for traditional practices. The name of this market is the famous and popular Jankara market in Lagos Island. It stretches from the beginning of Adeniji Adele Bridge up to the very end of Idumota. It is a very big and wide market and if you are not very conversant with the market you might lose your way. Traders in human parts at the Jankara market get their stocks from three main sources and these are the cemetery, from dead bodies lying on the road side and from the mortuary where bodies that are not claimed and meant for mass burial are sold to these traders who after taking their own parts dump the body anywhere. This is one of the reasons while ?lifeless bodies are found on the street of Lagos with some of the parts sliced off. “Not all these bodies are victims of ritual murders”; some are bodies of unclaimed corpses sold out to merchants who deal in human parts”. If you are not in the business of purchasing human parts or conversant in the way and manner business is done at the market, you might get yourself into trouble in the market. They operate with signs mostly done with the eyes. They know themselves and they know the stalls to go for their purchase. “These means that you cannot just go into Jankara market and say you want to buy human parts, you will get yourself into trouble”. National Daily investigation further shows that human parts have a different name in Jankara, at Jankara, human part is called “Melumo” meaning keep your mouth shut. It also comes in two categories which are called TUTU or GBIGBE meaning fresh or dried parts. So immediately you are able to identify your merchant through signs and the use of slogans, he will immediately understand that you are a human parts buyer. Despite the renovation and construction due to the modernization of the city by the state government, Jankara keeps striving because the merchants in Jankara have a way of perfecting their business within the environment, the human parts are not displayed nor neither is any part of the market designated as a section for the selling of human parts. But the business of human parts selling is so perfected that when a buyers is around communication are made swiftly through eye signs and slogans that only those involve in the business can understand it. Secondly Jankara human parts market is still striving because the merchants are so good in preserving the human parts from decaying and keeping it in good condition for the specific purpose it is needed for. In the course of our investigation, National Daily spoke to some residents of Lagos Island and they confirm the validity of the sale of human parts at Jankara market but most of them prefer not to talk extensively on it but said the tradition in human parts sale in Jankara has been going on for so many years.[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 17, 2015
[size=18pt]Fake news started by Osun defender,a set of stoopid Yoruba people as usual [/size]
Their jealousy and hatred of Igbos no get part two

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Ngoziada592: 2:57pm On May 17, 2015
shocked this is really bad. I saw comments on Bella naija telling them to feature the story since it's on different news sites.

This is not the kind of bad publicity Nigeria needs. If it happened 1 year ago or today doesn't change the fact that the work has now added cannibalism to Nigeria's problems. Not to forget murder and kidnap, how else do they get the human flesh .

Gross shocked

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2015
lagbaja:
I am too shocked to comment
Speak ya mind na! Nobady gor e-trybal war u. grin
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:59pm On May 17, 2015
Congratulations to Osun Defenders for leading these propagandas against Southeast in the new frontiers of Economy and Regional war to stop any foreign direct investment to Southeast, Nigeria.

Once again bravo to Osun Defenders for trying to bewitch Foreigners and Nigerians in order to instill fear and sense of insecurity in whoever reads these conjectures against the Easterners and their cultures.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2015
babyosisi:
A hotel in Anambra? No city No street No name of restaurant or picture No names and no pictures of culprits Who believes this stupid concoction just to sell newspaper? Mschtwwwww A juicy story such as that has absolutely no details So Punch has become like Ikebe super of old?
Nne coolu ya temper bikonu! cool
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 17, 2015
Ngoziada592:
shocked this is really bad. I saw comments on Bella naija telling them to feature the story since it's on different news sites.

This is not the kind of bad publicity Nigeria needs. If it happened 1 year ago or today doesn't change the fact that the work has now added cannibalism to Nigeria's problems. Not to forget murder and kidnap, how else do they get the human flesh .

Gross shocked

It didn't happen at all
It is a fake story published by. Osun defender and picked up by other media

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 17, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Congratulations to Osun Defenders for leading these propagandas against Southeast in the new frontiers of Economy and Regional war to stop any foreign direct investment to Southeast, Nigeria.

Once again bravo to Osun Defenders for trying to bewitch Foreigners and Nigerians in order to instill fear and sense of insecurity in whoever reads these conjectures against the Easterners and their cultures.

When I say it here that Yorubas are perhaps the most vile, the most wicked and most heartless creatures on earth people call me a tribalist
Hasn't it been proven over and over again?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2015
spako4:
Are will still safe?
NW, NC, NE and SW, yes I fink u are! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Tells Nigerians In South Africa To Respect Themselves / UK Politician Announces Buhari's Death In London Sends Condolence To Aishabuhari / Weighty Matters About Our Country - By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.