Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam (30009 Views)

Photos Of Buhari & Osinbajo Laughing Hard In Office Today As Osinbajo Briefs Him / Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison Today As He Receives IPOB Members. / Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Humblega(m): 5:38am On Jun 30, 2015
As a rsult of an allged relocation of about 40 Boko Haram detainees from the Northern zone of the country to Ekwulobia prisons in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra state, last Sunday, traders in the state, under the aegis of Anambra Markets Amalgamated Traders Association ( AMATAS ) and artisans, yesterday, vowed to stage what they termed as ‘mother of all’ protests today against the relocation exercise.

Disclosing this in a telephone interview, Publicity Secretary of AMATAS, Dede Uzor A. Uzor said since the federal government had refused to feel the pulse of the Anambra people last Saturday who closed markets in the state in protest against the move to relocate the prisoners and gone head to relocate the prisoners, traders and other stakeholders had concluded arrangements to stage a mother of all protests today.

Uzor, however, noted that markets would not be closed in today’s protest like that of last Saturday, adding that as time progressed they would fashion out more ways to tackle the idea because, ccording to him, instead of keeping the prisoners in Abuja prisons where there is adequate security, government deliberately decided to relocate them to Aguata prisons where there was less security network.They expressed the fear that with the prisoners inside Aguata prison, Boko haram members could capitalize on that to relocate to the Eastern part of the country and begin to launch violent attacks on the peaceful people of the East.

Asked to comment on the development, leader of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike declined comments, saying that those who were in support of one Nigeria should be in a better position to do the reaction by themselves.

Uwazuruike said: “From the onset, MASSOB did not believe in one Nigeria but many others like Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Governors believe in one Nigeria and it is their responsibility now to comment on it. If I say it is not good to relocate them it will be an over statement and if I say it is good, it will be an under statement but I want those who believe in one Nigeria to know that those prisoners are being relocated to any part of the same Nigeria, not outside Nigeria.

However, MASSOB’s Deputy National Director of Information, Mazi Chris Mocha in an SMS text, warned that if they hear any sound of bomb blast, as a result of this relocation exercise, they would retaliate with immediate effect because according to him, no particular group or sect had the monopoly of throwing bombs or causing violence.

.As at yesterday, there were conflicting reports of the actual number of prisoners that were relocated to Aguata prisons. Some said they were 40, while others said they were 47 but all efforts to get the true position from the prisons officials proved abortive as all of them maintained sealed lips.

On how the relocation idea was muted, security forces explained that the development was just an implementation of the existing federal government’s radicalization programme whereby violent criminals were radicalized and relocated to other prison custodies, a programme created under the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/traders-artisans-to-shut-down-anambra-today-as-fg-relocates-40-boko-haram-detainees-to-anambra/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by HungerBAD: 5:38am On Jun 30, 2015
Traders wants to do a mother of all protest? can somebody educated from the East, please tell this people nobody has ever won a fight with the Federal Government.

They should know, they lost the last one.

33 Likes

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by mistabiola: 5:39am On Jun 30, 2015
Waste of time.....

Buhari: Tell those your market women and illiterate protesters to behave themselves. Look into my eyes, I am not jonathan.

OB: Yes Oga

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by HungerBAD: 5:41am On Jun 30, 2015
Traders wants to do a mother of all protest? can somebody educated from the East, please tell this people nobody has ever won a fight with the Federal Government.

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:
they are not cowards like your people..dont be surprised when cnn carries this report

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Tallesty1(m): 5:47am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:
So what do you expect them to do? Fold hands and watch?

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 30, 2015
I must say, igbos where right not to vote this clueless tyrant dullard. First month in office and your plan is to spread boko haram across the country.

No federal investments in anambra state except for the federal hospital and school which is in a way mandatory...but they get federal prisoners? Please, this is wrong. if you see something that is wrong speak up..dont let hate cloud your judgement

253 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by rawtouch: 5:48am On Jun 30, 2015
I believe they have been told no such thing will happen

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by amnesty7: 5:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Is it that they are afraid of the boko boys even in captivity?

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by shikshark: 5:49am On Jun 30, 2015
40 lohun lohun....haaaa oti poju ooooo

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 30, 2015
amnesty7:
Is it that they are afraid of the boko boys even in captivity?
if it comes to making noise, everyone it's the Yorubas dat are number 1. With their chimpanzee attitude of making noise and attracting attention when they know they can't fight.

It's about thinking ahead..i thought you said your people are sophisticated? The prison is not a suitable holding facility for terrorists and the prison capacity is well exceeded. Boko haram should be contained and not allowed to spread, that's how to stop this scourge, but you don't care do you?

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by shawnfamous(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2015
Thats a very bad omen ! Y shd buhari move dis prisoners from north to east Let him move it 2 lagos na! So wen boko haram want to release their captives they blow up anambra ? Buhari dis wz y i neva liked u! Dnt let me miss jonathan!

Does he even nid 2 arrest dem

Fire them! Fire them!! Fire them!!!

NO REMREDY! Send them back 2 allah

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by otokx(m): 6:02am On Jun 30, 2015
liberty300:
I must say, igbos where right not to vote this clueless tyrant dullard. First month in office and your plan is to spread boko haram across the country.

No federal investments in anambra state except for the federal hospital and school which is in a way mandatory...but they get federal prisoners? Please, this is wrong. if you see something that is wrong speak up..dont let hate cloud your judgement

So the Owerri - Onitsha expressway is not federal investment abi?

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Olsoo(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2015
Wait,na the artisans and market women build prison ni? undecided

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 30, 2015
otokx:

So the Owerri - Onitsha expressway is not federal investment abi?
just read what you just wrote and ponder on it...am not going to give you the satisfaction of being ignorant

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by sexynabila(f): 6:20am On Jun 30, 2015
buhari kws wat he is doing.... first he orderd d removal of soldeirs for check point..now he has relocated boko haram prisoners to anambra....y? so dt boko haram can can freely spread to the east...and if dat happen....wat next is likely to happen? war...cos i know d east will not fold their hands to be killed by boko haram..... i pray for peace in dis contry....if buhari is d one dat wants to start another war in dis country...let him not see d light of a new day...and let osinbanjo take over....

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by warrior01: 6:21am On Jun 30, 2015
Igbos were right for not voting the Daura President after all. Can you imagine, instead of bringing infrastructural development to the East, he chose to bring Boko Haram. The same thing happened when he was chairman of PTF; no infrastructural presence in the East

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Feranchek(m): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2015
E serious o0o

Buh, can't they be sharperly killed What's the imprisonment for I dey suspect somebody o0oo0....

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by SUBMARINE: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:

Hungerbad SAY AFTER ME

PRAY NOT TO BE AS CONFUSED AS BUHARI

Say it everyday and your life will have a sense of direction wink

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 30, 2015
The fear of Bokoharam inmate is the begining of wisdom, the east wants wht belongs to the north to be in the north.grin@ they shouldn't bring them to south oo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:

Millions of Igbo traders are Degree holders.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by vanunu: 6:27am On Jun 30, 2015
Fg is just unimaginably foooolish, why put the boko bastards in a prison that is not a maximum security one

33 Likes

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by saintneo2: 6:30am On Jun 30, 2015
Buhari should keep the Boko Haram inmates in North biko!

Please join me and learn from these Seven Leadership Qualities. I believe you will benefit from it.

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by sugarvallly(f): 6:42am On Jun 30, 2015
if the FG is sayin boko haram inmates nids to b relocated to anambra state,instead of relocating them 2 cause more havoc or spread in other states,why cant they be killed once and for all?

still wondering why they are still alive,I weep for my country Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by KOBOJO: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2015
BUHARI IS FULANI MAN THAT NEVER FORGIVES !!
THE Daura President IS PUNISHING THE SE/SS FOR NOT VOTING MASSIVELY FOR HIM.
HE INTENDED BOMBING US BUT WHEN THE PEOPLE CRIED OUT.,HE CHANGED THE STRATEGY.,
AND GUESS WHAT ??

HE SENT HIS FOOT SOLDIERS--BOKOHARAM.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN FOOLISH NIGERIANS DECIDED TO VOTE AN ILLITERATE COW-REARER INTO POWER.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by cooljude(m): 6:56am On Jun 30, 2015
Terrorist should not be kept in a prison with other forms of criminals where the security arrangement is poor. They should be kept in a maximum security well fortified prison. This move would never go down well with Igbos. Nigeria should build new prisons because the ones we have now are too crowded.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by walemoney007(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2015
liberty300:

d prison in aguta blong to d federal govt,so bh members can b put dia.dis is one Nigeria.ibos are found in almost everywia in Nigeria,do u fink d indigenes are also comfortable wit dat.d bh members will b takin to d aguta prison.

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by kettykin: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2015
No need shutting down the economy of the east because of boko haram.which was initially the original intent of the brain less president.

What the east should do is to have contingent plans to curtail any presence of unidentified abokis in the east.

I don't think boko haram can attack the east and get scot free without causing wide scale damage to the interest of northerners in the east.

22 Likes

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by SaiBuharii: 7:21am On Jun 30, 2015
They are federal prisoners not northern prisoners.
Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by Johnnoah1st: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SO WITH ALL THE EMPTY THREAT BY OUR IGBO BROTHER THEY STILL CANT STOP THE RELOCATION OF THE BOKOHARAM PRISONER? IGBO TALKING 2MUCH WITH NO ACTION SINCE 1914, AND SOMEONE UP THERE IS SAYING IF BOKOHARAM BOMB THE EAST THEY GOING TO FIGTH BACK, HIAN IF HEAR, U WEY THEY AFRAID OF BOKOHARAM IN CAPTIVE NA U WAN FACE FREE BOKOHARAM DAT IS FULLY LOADED?

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by myklangelo(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2015
I can see the hand writing on the wall, Obiano should be very careful, altho we Anambrarians are greater than any challenge... Egwu adighi atu afo o buru uzo.

If those prisoners are truly in Anambra, like a virus they will spread their network amognst their followers in the east, it is like openng a new terrorist cell, because the prison in Ekwulobia is esly penetratable. This will make Anambra their Eastern n Southern HQ.

If Obiano don't control the traders, with time they must eventually bomb down the prison with help of MASSOB. This will make Buhari to act faster than Boko Haram by sending military power and might to the East to quench the "lesser evil" MASSOB. This will help him to easily introduce his friendly Anti-Igbo programmes.

The best way to get out of this mess is not using force of being looku looku. If truly those prisoners are there, an assasin should be employed to silently kill them all, either by poisoning or? But let there be no bombing or mass action. Let it be an action of few individuals. Let's know if Buhari will send Shakarau to us.

Follow on twitter @odeniigboBlog

My tutorial for the week is out...Igbo ga-adiririri!

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam by stuff46(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
So what do you expect them to do? Fold hands and watch?

No mind this Abo.ki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Avengers: Nigeria's Newest Militants - BBC / IPOB To Storm Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Next Appearance On July 26, 2021 / Bola Tinubu BBC Africa Interview (Full Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57