Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh (10143 Views)

Police Shut Ondo House Of Assembly (video) / Traders, Artisans To Shut Anambra Today As FG Relocating 40 Bokoharam / BBC & DailyMail Apologize About Nigerian Restaurant Serving Human Flesh Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Schematics: 3:03pm On May 17, 2015
Lalasticlala and seun, please shut down this thread because it is a fake news from 2013. Osundefender should focus on how their state should pay salary arrears of over 10 months than discussing a successful state like Anambra!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by adebisicutie: 3:04pm On May 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 17, 2015
Schematics:
Lalasticlala and seun, please shut down this thread because it is a fake news from 2013. Osundefender should focus on how their state should pay salary arrears of over 10 months than discussing a successful state like Anambra!

Someone wrote somewhere that yorubas are experts at projecting whatever they are on Igbos to shift focus from them
Let the thread stay on
It is a concoction but one thing is sure,that is the origin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2015
freezone4real:
I heard they eat human flesh in the south east, I am not surprise.
True?
Who tell u?

*mumbles to himself*

Omo diz thread gor sell market tire 4 me 2day grin

*brings out pen 'n paper to calculate number of pages expected 4 generation* cool
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 17, 2015
adebisicutie:
Other news stations have carried it sef.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/11610908/Nigerian-restaurant-shut-down-for-serving-human-flesh.html

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/16/restaurant-shut-down-after-serving-human-flesh-5200730/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/cannibal-restaurant-with-roasted-human-heads-on-the-menu-shut-down-by-police-9123693.html

Na Yoruba people dey control all those news sites too grin stupid excuse. Stop disgracing Nigeria

And common sense doesn't tell you how the other news sites got it?
Did you even bother reading your links?
Ode
This is a direct quote from the third one
[size=18pt]
Another local added to the Osun Defender newspaper: "I always noticed funny movements in and out of the hotel; dirty people with dirty characters always come into the hotel.
[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by adebisicutie: 3:08pm On May 17, 2015
If they are not carrying drugs they are eating human flesh , chai

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:12pm On May 17, 2015
babyosisi:

When I say it here that Yorubas are perhaps the most vile, the most wicked and most heartless creatures on earth people call me a tribalist
Hasn't it been proven over and over again?

I don't believe that everyday Yorubas are involved rather the Regional/Political Leaders that have much to benefit at the expense of the common man.
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 17, 2015
NdiIgbo shine your eyes o
I said it here many times
Do not for once forget who your main enemies are
One is satan ,the other looks like him
Ekwusi go kwa m

4 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 17, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I don't believe that everyday Yorubas are involved rather the Regional/Political Leaders that have much to benefit at the expense of the common man.

Threads like these are good
It warns the gullible ones to be watchful
Ndi Yoruba di very wicked

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by aderonila18: 3:16pm On May 17, 2015
babyosisi:
NdiIgbo shine your eyes o
I said it here many times
Do not for once forget who your main enemies are
One is satan ,the other looks like him
Ekwusi go kwa m

You are the real satan here. Always spreading tribalism and hatred. Shameless evil old woman, at your age people preach peace but you go around spreading hate. angry

You live abroad but spread hate between Nigerians and their neighbors. If a war breaks out you know won't be here to suffer yet you push the gullible young ones. Evil old goat angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 17, 2015
aderonila18:

You are the real satan here. Always spreading tribalism and hatred. Shameless evil old woman, at your age people preach peace but you go around spreading hate. angry

Yorubas concocted a story that has been picked up by media all over the world ,you can't condemn them and I am the one spreading tribalism?
Is it that you are crazy or devoid of understanding
Which one could it be?

It's obvious the tire tracks on your faces also signify the evil in your hearts
Your sense of reasoning is totally whack
Kontinuu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by lolababe331e: 3:24pm On May 17, 2015
aderonila18:

You live abroad but spread hate between Nigerians and their neighbors. If a war breaks out you know won't be here to suffer yet you push the gullible young ones. Evil old goat angry

Everyone knows the shameless cow. She's a disgrace to her children

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by FKO81(m): 3:25pm On May 17, 2015
adebisicutie:
If they are not carrying drugs they are eating human flesh , chai
How about ritual dens in southwest?
[b]One of the victims that were rescued by the police at Soka forest, Ibadan, Oyo State, which is believed to be a ritual killers’ den, said she was kidnapped in September 2013.

The victim, whose name is being withheld for security purpose, is currently recuperating with seven other victims in Adeoyo Hospital, Ibadan.

No fewer than 20 decomposing bodies were discovered in the forest on Saturday, while about 23 others were rescued alive.

They were taken to different hospitals in the city, with eight of them – four men and four women – in Adeoyo Hospital.

The woman, who was still weak from her experience, told PUNCH Metro that she knew she left her home in September and since then could not remember anything until Saturday when she was rescued.

She said, “I remember that I left my home in Okebola and was going to Challenge. I entered a taxi and that is the only thing I can remember until police rescued us yesterday (Saturday).”

When asked whether she did not see her captors killing people and selling their parts, she said, “I think such thing happened, but it did not really register because my mind was blank.

“I can recollect seeing people falling down, I can remember that some were taken away and they never returned, but really, it did not mean anything to me until Saturday. It was as if I woke up from a slumber.”

At this point, the victim countenance changed as if she went into a trance. Many questions asked by our correspondent went unanswered.

PUNCN Metro also observed that other victims were yet to regain their full strength.

They muttered words that were disjointed, but the nurses said they would regain full mental and physical ability.

They said two days of treatment was not enough to cure them completely, having been chained and maltreated for a long time.

No doctor was around to attend to our correspondent, but it was gathered that two of the victims were able to give their names.

Families, youths visit forest

Families whose members had been missing on Sunday besieged the forest where captives, skulls and decomposing bodies were found with the hope of finding them there.

One of such is the Oguntade family. The family spokesman, Kehinde, said their father, Isaac Oguntade, 95, left home in the Gbongan area of Osun State on December 31, 2013, but never returned.

“He is an old man, but still strong. He was a retired teacher and he was going to a bank on Osogbo Road on the day we last saw him.

“We have searched everywhere in vain. When we heard of this discovery, we came down to see if our father could be one of the victims, but we could not find him here,” said Kehinde.

A police report, dated January 14, 2014 and signed by one Inspector Akinlade Lawrence, confirmed his claim.

Also, hundreds of angry youths visited the forest, unleashing mayhem on visitors and herdsmen who graze their cattle in the area.

Our correspondent, who visited the forest on Sunday, saw the youths slaughtering and sharing cow meat and vandalising vehicles.

One of such vehicles with Lagos number plate, MK 126 AAA, belongs to a presenter with Splash FM. He also sustained injury with a deep cut on his head.

The youth also attacked security men of a company situated close to the area of the discovery. At the junction linking the road to the narrow forest, a man had been burnt to death. Eyewitnesses said he was linked to the operators of the camp.

A large number of adult and kids clothes and shoes were at the scene, while mats and other household items were found inside some of the rooms in the building where the captives were reportedly kept.

Oyo reacts

However, a statement from the Oyo State Police Command stated that a man had been arrested in connection with the discovery, while arms and ammunition were also discovered at the scene.

It reads in part, “Incident report on murder/ unlawful possession of firearms about 1730 hrs yesterday (Saturday). Information received at tollgate division that behind the Oyo State urban mass transport yard, Soka area Ibadan, some area boys, about 100, invaded the area, searching for two missing cyclists. They discovered an uncompleted compound where two women and five men were found chained and looking unkempt.

“Some decayed corpses and skeletons were also found in a nearby bush. The scene was visited and one Abideen Akanmu was arrested. He said he was employed by one Gbadamosi, now at large, to take care of the destitute found there. Victims evacuated to hospital, while a corpse was deposited at same hospital mortuary for autopsy.

“Five security men in a nearby company were also arrested and the following items were recovered from them – three single-barrelled gun, one bow, 16 arrows, 22 cutlasses, 40 life cartridges, seven table knives, two axes, two iron files and one phone.

“Angry mob set the security post ablaze but the fire was put out. The State Criminal Investigation Department is investigating the discovery.”

Residents who spoke to our correspondent said there was enough evidence to conclude that the place was for ritual killing.

One of them, who identified himself as Comrade Rasheed, said, “We have searched the whole forest and found strange things. There are decomposing bodies of people and more than 50 skulls.

“There are houses in the forest and no one lives there. We saw a man who claimed to be a student of a university, but on close examination, we found out that he was not mentally alright. The police should not conclude that the place is where mad people were treated.”

One of the volunteers, Abiodun Olaniyi, said a man approached them with a gun, but disappeared into the forest when he saw the huge crowd.

“A woman we found there said she had given birth to children for her captives. We rescued many people who were still alive and a dead body in the septic tank.

Another resident, Kolawole Falana, said,“I was hit with the butt of a gun by the police. They did not allow us to break a slab and see if people were kept underground.”[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by 4Play(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2015
From Osun Defender's perspective, they generated a lot of hits from a fabricated story. For many white people, these stories reinforce their prejudices of black people and this is why they readily jumped on the story despite its discredited source. Everyone got what they want.

6 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 17, 2015
FKO81:

How about ritual dens in southwest?
[b]One of the victims that were rescued by the police at Soka forest, Ibadan, Oyo State, which is believed to be a ritual killers’ den, said she was kidnapped in September 2013.

The victim, whose name is being withheld for security purpose, is currently recuperating with seven other victims in Adeoyo Hospital, Ibadan.

No fewer than 20 decomposing bodies were discovered in the forest on Saturday, while about 23 others were rescued alive.

They were taken to different hospitals in the city, with eight of them – four men and four women – in Adeoyo Hospital.

The woman, who was still weak from her experience, told PUNCH Metro that she knew she left her home in September and since then could not remember anything until Saturday when she was rescued.

She said, “I remember that I left my home in Okebola and was going to Challenge. I entered a taxi and that is the only thing I can remember until police rescued us yesterday (Saturday).”

When asked whether she did not see her captors killing people and selling their parts, she said, “I think such thing happened, but it did not really register because my mind was blank.

“I can recollect seeing people falling down, I can remember that some were taken away and they never returned, but really, it did not mean anything to me until Saturday. It was as if I woke up from a slumber.”

At this point, the victim countenance changed as if she went into a trance. Many questions asked by our correspondent went unanswered.

PUNCN Metro also observed that other victims were yet to regain their full strength.

They muttered words that were disjointed, but the nurses said they would regain full mental and physical ability.

They said two days of treatment was not enough to cure them completely, having been chained and maltreated for a long time.

No doctor was around to attend to our correspondent, but it was gathered that two of the victims were able to give their names.

Families, youths visit forest

Families whose members had been missing on Sunday besieged the forest where captives, skulls and decomposing bodies were found with the hope of finding them there.

One of such is the Oguntade family. The family spokesman, Kehinde, said their father, Isaac Oguntade, 95, left home in the Gbongan area of Osun State on December 31, 2013, but never returned.

“He is an old man, but still strong. He was a retired teacher and he was going to a bank on Osogbo Road on the day we last saw him.

“We have searched everywhere in vain. When we heard of this discovery, we came down to see if our father could be one of the victims, but we could not find him here,” said Kehinde.

A police report, dated January 14, 2014 and signed by one Inspector Akinlade Lawrence, confirmed his claim.

Also, hundreds of angry youths visited the forest, unleashing mayhem on visitors and herdsmen who graze their cattle in the area.

Our correspondent, who visited the forest on Sunday, saw the youths slaughtering and sharing cow meat and vandalising vehicles.

One of such vehicles with Lagos number plate, MK 126 AAA, belongs to a presenter with Splash FM. He also sustained injury with a deep cut on his head.

The youth also attacked security men of a company situated close to the area of the discovery. At the junction linking the road to the narrow forest, a man had been burnt to death. Eyewitnesses said he was linked to the operators of the camp.

A large number of adult and kids clothes and shoes were at the scene, while mats and other household items were found inside some of the rooms in the building where the captives were reportedly kept.

Oyo reacts

However, a statement from the Oyo State Police Command stated that a man had been arrested in connection with the discovery, while arms and ammunition were also discovered at the scene.

It reads in part, “Incident report on murder/ unlawful possession of firearms about 1730 hrs yesterday (Saturday). Information received at tollgate division that behind the Oyo State urban mass transport yard, Soka area Ibadan, some area boys, about 100, invaded the area, searching for two missing cyclists. They discovered an uncompleted compound where two women and five men were found chained and looking unkempt.

“Some decayed corpses and skeletons were also found in a nearby bush. The scene was visited and one Abideen Akanmu was arrested. He said he was employed by one Gbadamosi, now at large, to take care of the destitute found there. Victims evacuated to hospital, while a corpse was deposited at same hospital mortuary for autopsy.

“Five security men in a nearby company were also arrested and the following items were recovered from them – three single-barrelled gun, one bow, 16 arrows, 22 cutlasses, 40 life cartridges, seven table knives, two axes, two iron files and one phone.

“Angry mob set the security post ablaze but the fire was put out. The State Criminal Investigation Department is investigating the discovery.”

Residents who spoke to our correspondent said there was enough evidence to conclude that the place was for ritual killing.

One of them, who identified himself as Comrade Rasheed, said, “We have searched the whole forest and found strange things. There are decomposing bodies of people and more than 50 skulls.

“There are houses in the forest and no one lives there. We saw a man who claimed to be a student of a university, but on close examination, we found out that he was not mentally alright. The police should not conclude that the place is where mad people were treated.”

One of the volunteers, Abiodun Olaniyi, said a man approached them with a gun, but disappeared into the forest when he saw the huge crowd.

“A woman we found there said she had given birth to children for her captives. We rescued many people who were still alive and a dead body in the septic tank.

Another resident, Kolawole Falana, said,“I was hit with the butt of a gun by the police. They did not allow us to break a slab and see if people were kept underground.”[/b]

You are responding as if the story is a true one
No defense is needed ,so don't bother
The story is a malicious one concocted by ndi Yoruba as usual
And someone thought Dr Ariyo was acting alone
The default setting of Yorubas is pure evil against Igbos
Stories like this make their day
If they can't find one,they make it up and then hail it
Many don't go this far but there are many who do and many more who support them
Just like terrorists
Not everyone who is a terrorist has the balls to carry out bombings
There are many who won't but will rejoice at it
Same thing here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Mamatee07: 3:43pm On May 17, 2015
aderonila18:

Gbam!
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 17, 2015
so can you let them have their own country now ?

your fake news will hunt all your tribe .

biafran's stop going to their churches .

there is war already going on ,look at this staled news that black mail igbo image .

where is the location of this restaurant and whats the name of the arrested owner ?

leave Igbo's alone , you south waste publishers .

you knew you wrong with this fake news .

just because biafra is about to be establish by united nation ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 17, 2015
You people should stop eating people, its not civilized. I once gave this advice on another thread and one girl threatened to eat me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 17, 2015
where is the official news conference by the police ?

where is the evidence ? who and who are involved ?

whats the street name ? whom did they served with the flesh ?

where is common evidence like the photo's original real location and real owners name and image .

hate will sink nijirya ,it is cursed spiritually . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 17, 2015
I wonder why it hasn't made front page yet
What are they waiting for

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by AnambraDota: 4:40pm On May 17, 2015
This is what I got trying to google some people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by after1: 4:47pm On May 17, 2015
babyosisi:

Threads like these are good
It warns the gullible ones to be watchful
Ndi Yoruba di very wicked

Carry your decayed smelling c.unt away from here. Texas punny distributor of life. Spits
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Beremx(f): 4:54pm On May 17, 2015
If this story is different from the one Bonaventure Mokwe was accused of by Peter Obi,then it might just be true.

Too bad!
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2015
babyosisi:
I wonder why it hasn't made front page yet
What are they waiting for
Meself I don tire 4 d MOD oo!

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by mercyville: 11:34pm On May 20, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
so can you let them have their own country now ?

your fake news will hunt all your tribe .

biafran's stop going to their churches .

there is war already going on ,look at this staled news that black mail igbo image .

where is the location of this restaurant and whats the name of the arrested owner ?

leave Igbo's alone , you south waste publishers .

you knew you wrong with this fake news .

just because biafra is about to be establish by united nation ?

WHY DONT YOU SUE OSUN DEFENDER IF THE NEWS IS A LIE?
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Nobody: 1:33am On May 21, 2015
Clarifications and corrections - DAILY MAIL

An article on 16 May reported that a Nigerian restaurant was shut down for serving human flesh, based on a BBC Swahili report. BBC Swahili has now confirmed that the story was incorrect and the article has now been removed from our website.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-3087664/Clarifications-corrections.html

BBC

“The story about the Nigerian restaurant which we published here was a mistake and we apologise. It was incorrect and published without the proper BBC checks. We have removed the story and have launched an urgent investigation into how this happened.
The BBC Swahili service’s reputation for accuracy and balance remains of paramount importance to us and we are taking the appropriate steps to insure that mistakes like this do not happen again.”

http://www.bbc.com/swahili/habari/2015/05/150513_human_meat_nigeria

Osun defender must be cooking up another one now that the foreign press are withdrawing their story
Useless eediots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by mzilakazi(m): 7:35am On May 21, 2015
Nigeria is trying to make a damage control about the restaurant selling a human flesh. Surely, the authorities received the order from above to deny flatly the incident ever occurred, so as to remove it from international platform that may result into a serious damage in the integrity of Nigeria's fast food outlets especially to prospective international patrons. The saga had to be manipulated and pushed under the carpet, so that it does not ruin the business of other competitors who are involved in the same business of selling fast food. I understand that the move was to save the face of those who are honest in the business, those who sell the real beef, pork and mutton to the public. Their image would have been unfairly compromised if the authorities would have let the story confirmed. However, I hope the authorities will now have to deal with this scandal clandestinely. However, I don't think I would ever eat any meat if I by mistake find myself in Nigeria.
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by Onymerchandise: 8:36am On May 21, 2015
Mzilakazi:
Since you know more than us living in Anambra can you tell us where this happened in the state, the name of the perpetrators, picture of the restaurant, the person that was charged 700 for meat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by mercyville: 5:21pm On May 22, 2015
Onymerchandise:
Mzilakazi:
Since you know more than us living in Anambra can you tell us where this happened in the state, the name of the perpetrators, picture of the restaurant, the person that was charged 700 for meat.
Is this from Osun Defender too?Why don't you own up to your history for God's SAKE....http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by 1Sharon(f): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
I had to come back to this thread because a white man probed me on this, they think africans still eat human flesh.

Shame on whoever came up with this fake news undecided

Indirectly shot themselves in the foot

2 Likes

Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by oladeebo: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
I know something is cooking in these biafran States that's not known to the world...when they were condemning Nigeria constitution
The reason is now known
The constitution didn't legalized eating human flesh
Oladeebo
Re: Police Shut Anambra Restaurant For Serving Human Flesh by oladeebo: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2019
phyllosilicate:
Definitely, there would be more than one restaurant. I have heard that there are coded places over there, where human meats are sold.

A restaurant that sells human meat, would need constant supply of people to kill. People are evil.
these people were not serious, Fulani were disturbing people with cow everywhere why dinner with human body?
Oladeebo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Tells Nigerians In South Africa To Respect Themselves / Bombshell!!! El-rufai, Aisha Kicks As Osinbajo Meet With Service Chiefs / UK Politician Announces Buhari's Death In London Sends Condolence To Aishabuhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.