Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently (6921 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Iranoladun(f): 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2009
Please try as much as possible to appreciate her and if she's not rubbing your nose in it DO NOT RUB HER NOSE IN IT AT EVERY GIVEN OPPORTUNITY she's only fulfilling the other part of her vow; for better, FOR WORSE! However, you need to get a job fast before the situation start affecting your ego and self esteem! best of luck
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by krisbobo(m): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
Sit back,put your feet up, watch cable with juice in hand and relax man! na ur wife.
I actually need to have a wife who would get to management level at one of thise oil companies so i can reture pretty quickly and facebook my life away! what r u worried about dude; no shame in my game! Lol!!! reserve ur energy for the lovemaking jare, thats all the real work u need to do now!! Lol!

Just kidding!

seriously though, it shouldnt be a big deal if you guys are real partners. Most times we men let our egos get in the away. I am currently dating the first truly giver in a life filled with stories of giving and not recieving. I had to learn to recieve and that it's ok and that it doesnt make me less a man and nothing compares to a lover thats a true partner. In my experience most women can be wonderful partners if only we would let them be.

All the best!
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by A40(m): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
I thought we where in the 21st century and not the medieval times so Kini big deal? a lot of guys these days are praying to marry such women no one wants a liability as a wife with that being said the woman would do well not to rub it in especially if its just a temporary thing.I am not praying for such scenario for myself but if it does happen i would take it with a coke and a smile
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by 4Play(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2009
Wife have upper financial hand? Tufiakwa! shocked
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Murp999: 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2009
Well, interesting topic, firstly u need to see your wife as a partner in such situations and then a wife, if she supports (helper) thank ur stars and pick up the debrils without getting used to this and get a job, as the head u need to provide for the home esp. shelter, in some situations the wife is even 2-3 yrs older than the man. How many men out there a bold enough to confess this cool cool cool
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by devayid(m): 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2009
you're a lucky man. your confusion is understandable though but I think your heart is in the right place which is why you're approaching it the way you have.
behind every great man is an even greater woman. don't forget her when things start working for you and trust me with a wife like that they will,
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Abduljohn(m): 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2009
What God has join together let no man put asunder. For the fact she is my wife
Why wont i live FREELY?
Unless she is trying to oppress u know woman now
Heaven must know whatever they do
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Abduljohn(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2009
Why wont i live FREELY?
I reject it in Jesus name (AMEN)
It is not my portion
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by biina: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2009
4 Play:

Wife have upper financial hand? Tufiakwa! shocked
and what would you do if it happens to you? abi you are God that you know the future and are so sure it would never happen to you.

Things happen in life and its not necessarily anyone's fault.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by biina: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2009
Abduljohn:

Why wont i live FREELY?
I reject it in Jesus name (AMEN)
It is not my portion
can I ask what it is that you are rejecting?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by royalicon(m): 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2009
I paid or she paid, all na d same, We are one soul living in two body
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by aromisaja(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
hmmm if my wife get money pass me i go dey dupe her untill all the money become our own gbammmmm grin
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by RichyBlacK(m): 11:31pm On Mar 23, 2009
If the guy made a good choice in choosing a wife, then he should not feel restricted. However, if he married any of the typical arrogant, useless women, that are not too hard to find, then the guy is in deep shayte!
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by presido1: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2009
royalicon:

I paid or she paid, all na d same, We are one soul living in two body
You will know that all are not the same when you start receiving insult either from her or from relatives.
Do u think all these things in nollywood don't happen in real life?

Guys always pray to your God and work hard to earn and take care of your family.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Remii(m): 12:40am On Mar 24, 2009
Culturally and religiously its not expected, even English proverb says "He pays the piper dictates the tune". When your wife is the family breadwinner or contributes more than you in home expenses then you should be prepared for some consequences. Human beings are not the predictable. Even the woman would not be able to do some things freely without the husband thinking its because she's paying. Good women who found themselves is such situations always like it reversed. Some men mismanage such fund and blackmail the woman as domineering because of her money if she protests.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Ndipe(m): 1:16am On Mar 24, 2009
I wont be intimidated. Afterall, it's still MY house.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by osisi2(f): 2:08am On Mar 24, 2009
Isn't it a blessing that she happens to be doing well now that you're under-employed?
no problems at all

I hope you sabi pound yam well well
she needs a hot meal when she returns
grin
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by osisi2(f): 2:10am On Mar 24, 2009
kidding my dear
a good woman wont rub it in your face.
She sounds like a good woman
no need to fear
I pray you rise again
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by ima1(f): 3:59am On Mar 24, 2009
No rule says the man has to be the sole provider, the man and woman are supposed to complement each other. i pay the rent sometimes and its no biggie. but then again i do no go around telling everyone, when my family ask i say my husband pays all the bills. cuz thats wat they wanna hear. but it don't matter we are both in it together, if i'm broke he picks up, if he is i pick up no biggie
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Ndipe(m): 4:09am On Mar 24, 2009
ima1:

No rule says the man has to be the sole provider, the man and woman are supposed to complement each other. i pay the rent sometimes and its no biggie. but then again i do no go around telling everyone, when my family ask i say my husband pays all the bills. cuz thats wat they wanna hear. but it don't matter we are both in it together, if i'm broke he picks up, if he is i pick up no biggie

When a man and woman get married, they become one entity in the eyes of God. Prying family members should not be entertained at all.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by hassymo5(m): 4:10am On Mar 24, 2009
There're lots of good wives who can do all that without problems, but be careful with women if anything should happen like misunderstanding she can send you parking, telling you all kinds of nonsense like you have not live up to ur responsibity.no more respect for you rather she will want you to respect her. Lastly she would start looking at you not man enough for her. So be careful guys when a woman responsible for feeding and rent. There are still those that wouldn't do that, but unpredictable.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by presido1: 8:04am On Mar 24, 2009
ima1:

Have u seen why its not normal, how can u be doing the normal thing and lie about it at the sametime. Must your family ask who pays house rent?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by homegirl1: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2009
a lot of women now are the bread winners in their various homes and noboby will get to know about it not even woman's family. but some men are very callous immediately they start seeing money, they will now know that the wife he has been living with for 5-10 years does match his status. that is the time he will know that the woman is too short, ugly, too dark etc making him to start looking for another woman making the wife at home so miserable.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by ima1(f): 9:01am On Mar 24, 2009
presido1:

Have u seen why its not normal, how can u be doing the normal thing and lie about it at the sametime. Must your family ask who pays house rent?

well my family feels that the man should pay for everything and the woman do nothing and i think it should be shared 50/50, so i tell them what they wanna hear and everyone is happy, wats so wrong with that. and ya my family are nosey being that i am the only daughter who is married, they wanna be in all of my business and i want them to stay away.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Bumhe(m): 9:09am On Mar 24, 2009
Guy you go come kill yourself. Just move on as long as it wasn't marriage of convinience you set out for initially.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by MrCrackles(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2009
No big deal for me!
It is a challenge but not a competition or hatred!
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by FBS: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2009
she is your wife. ever try to find out the meaning of that?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by quadrillio(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2009
I'll feel freest grin grin grin
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 24, 2009
It's no big deal if the wife pays the bill,
It is  no big deal if she is financially bouyant but,
It is a big deal if the husband doesn't appreciate her support.
It is a big deal if the In-laws are left in the dark about the wife's support!
There are instances whereby the inlaws feel it's only their "brother" that is doing it all. Hence, they might want to ridicule the wife and feel she's all out to drain their family. . . .

Lastly, it's no big deal if the husband is understanding and loving too. . . . He should feel free and not intimidated.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by gabsteve(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2009
at least when we get married it was said that two shall become one,
but eventuall she is the one paying the rent, well will feel remorse,

sometimes you dnt allow the women do some core duties in the family.

no prob sad cry
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by luckymome(f): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2009
Your wife has an upperhand financially is no problem at all.  Afterall, that is why the bible says two are better than one.  She is there to make up when things are not the way it should be with the man but it should not be a criteria for the man to neglect his responsibility because he has a wife that understands and is hardworking.  Thank God you have a good wife.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2009
the equations are changing, more n more women are even paying their dowries and bankrolling their marriage ceremonies. I blv that paying for house rent is more honourable than that. This is the beginning of the ENd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Some Ladies Blessed With The Gift Of Foresight? / MOTHERS’ DAY - A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / How This Baby Eats Bread While Sucking Breast Is Amazing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.