Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati (19190 Views)

Jonathan Lied About Willingly Conceding Defeat To Buhari – Kenny Martins / Jonathan Congratulates Ghana President Mahama For Conceding Defeat / Jonathan Commends Gambian President, Jammeh, For Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by aleniboro(m): 1:58pm On May 18, 2015
santinoj:

Ask me o!!!
I feel like making a contribution to this: How many of our leaders left the office willingly and peacefully? Tafawa Balewa was killed in a coup, Aguiyi Ironsi was also killed in the counter coup, Yakubu Gowon was overthrown while away for a meeting in Uganda, Muritala that took over from him was gunned down less than a year. We can not say Obasanjo willingly handed over power in 1979 because the Northern people, who were the nation's major coup plotters, were in powerful positions in the military and they wanted the power to shift to the North. Shagari was also overthrown, followed by Buhari who was also overthrown by his chief of Army Staff. Babangida decided not to leave power by not handing over to the President elect, Abiola, which caused anarchy, destruction of lives and properties throughout the country. Shonekan who was later overthrown by Abacha was used as part of game plan to allow the military in power. Abacha died in office, Abdusalam was able to leave office peacefully because at that time it was obvious that if the power was not shifted to the south there wouldn't be peace which made two southerners to compete for presidency then. Obasanjo won and he wanted third term! We all know the story. Yaradua died in office before Jonathan took over.
In summary
President that died while in Office were five: Tafawa Balewa, Aguiyi Ironsi, Muritala Muhammed, Sanni Abacha and Musa Yaradua
President that were overthrown from the office through coup - General Yakubu Gowon, Shehu Shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Earnest Shonekan
President that left office honorably and Peacefully are Olusegun Obasanjo, Gen Abdusalam Abubakar and GOODLUCK JONATHAN, we have just three people in this category are just three. Obasanjo wanted to digrace GEJ out of office but he has only succeeded in making him an Hero in his own category of ex-leader that handed over power.

It is a thing of joy that Goodluck Jonathan, an incumbent President conceded defeat even while the vote was still being counted. If the power had been entrusted to people that hold on to power, he would have use the instrument of state, through some Nigerian, to turn things around. In the long run, he might suffer for it but the masses will have suffered. Properties and lives would have been destroyed
The plan of Obasanjo was to disgrace GEJ out of office. However, Jonathan earned his greatest honor both nationally and internationally in defeat. He is so young that a great future lies ahead of him and he has become an indisputable Niger Delta leader and a force to be reckoned with in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by kalybaly: 1:58pm On May 18, 2015
Hero koh Hercules ni
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by datribune: 2:04pm On May 18, 2015
hayzee545:

“Some had threatened that he would end up like Cote d’Ivoire’s Laurent Gbagbo. He proved to be a much better student of history.

I'll hav to agree wit Abati on d bolded. GEJ learnt frm history in cote d'ivoire. He knew he couldn't defy d world & refuse to handover power in an election dat d whole world could see was one of d most transparent in nigerian history - IF HE DID, HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN WHAT SOME GUY NAMED GBAGBO GOT & ..... HE KNEW IT.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by dammiedre(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2015
magaliyu:
So Vacating The House When Your Rent Has Expired Makes You A Hero?

Help me ask that fat-Albert o

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Dee60: 2:08pm On May 18, 2015
Only in Nigeria, can somebody write such a TRASH!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by mathskill: 2:09pm On May 18, 2015
Abati if you are reading this and i hope you are cos i hv just 1 question for you. Did Jonathan hv any other choice? Please answer me then i will reply
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Orikinla(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2015
magaliyu:
So Vacating The House When Your Rent Has Expired Makes You A Hero?
Don't mind the PDP puppet.
I am beginning to question how Abati got his PhD.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Chiaka(f): 2:14pm On May 18, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan is a Hero in the sense!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by lorddubic: 2:18pm On May 18, 2015
Ochiske:
She used my photo as her display picture while her boyfriend was sleeping.When her boyfriend woke up, she couldn't change the dp for some reason so she decided to change her status to "RIP Brother Ochiske" cry

Imao!!! Na to do Ur burial b dt ni
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by poshbrave(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2015
GEJ a true democrate. hero of day a man with d pple at hrt. may u live long 4 saving dis country from another civil war.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by NobleG1(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2015
A loser claiming victory? I wonder what abati will be doing next when his propaganda job ends.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by ElFenomeno1: 2:22pm On May 18, 2015
NobleG1:
A loser claiming victory? I wonder what abati will be doing next when his propaganda job ends.

LOL.... Abati has to be the most ridiculous human being ever!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Rhozabeth(m): 2:28pm On May 18, 2015
However cheap commonsense may be, this man no just get am at all! This guy shud try to listent o himself sometimes!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by pedel: 2:30pm On May 18, 2015
kuroben4real:

the word "misleading" did'nt start today; besides people are already misleading the gen buahari, our muslim president elect
Gen Buhari is yet to be sworn in as president so who is misleading him to do what? His signature is yet to be on any policy document. Must you bring religion into everything in Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by lorddubic: 2:30pm On May 18, 2015
Currently recruiting for OND holders

alphaviewg@gmail.com

Post of Data entry officer.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 18, 2015
Oh yes he did. He lost.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by johnnychuks(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2015
Abati are you sure you have a child at all? atleast by now ur grown up children could have been advising you of what to say b4 u can come out to talk in poblick! senceless old full.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by pek(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2015
I think I am clueless here for not knowing the meaning of the word hero.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by tartar9(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2015
Abeg Abeg! I don't wanna hear this hero nonsense again
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by mikolo80: 3:01pm On May 18, 2015
my only problem is that association of jurnalist are not dissociating from this guy
makes them all look hungry
make dem go cnn,fox and bbc go see wetin real journalism de put for bank account
i hope he at least got an oil block for rolling in the pigsty
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 18, 2015
aleniboro:

I feel like making a contribution to this: How many of our leaders left the office willingly and peacefully? Tafawa Balewa was killed in a coup, Aguiyi Ironsi was also killed in the counter coup, Yakubu Gowon was overthrown while away for a meeting in Uganda, Muritala that took over from him was gunned down less than a year. We can not say Obasanjo willingly handed over power in 1979 because the Northern people, who were the nation's major coup plotters, were in powerful positions in the military and they wanted the power to shift to the North. Shagari was also overthrown, followed by Buhari who was also overthrown by his chief of Army Staff. Babangida decided not to leave power by not handing over to the President elect, Abiola, which caused anarchy, destruction of lives and properties throughout the country. Shonekan who was later overthrown by Abacha was used as part of game plan to allow the military in power. Abacha died in office, Abdusalam was able to leave office peacefully because at that time it was obvious that if the power was not shifted to the south there wouldn't be peace which made two southerners to compete for presidency then. Obasanjo won and he wanted third term! We all know the story. Yaradua died in office before Jonathan took over.
In summary
President that died while in Office were five: Tafawa Balewa, Aguiyi Ironsi, Muritala Muhammed, Sanni Abacha and Musa Yaradua
President that were overthrown from the office through coup - General Yakubu Gowon, Shehu Shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Earnest Shonekan
President that left office honorably and Peacefully are Olusegun Obasanjo, Gen Abdusalam Abubakar and GOODLUCK JONATHAN, we have just three people in this category are just three. Obasanjo wanted to digrace GEJ out of office but he has only succeeded in making him an Hero in his own category of ex-leader that handed over power.

It is a thing of joy that Goodluck Jonathan, an incumbent President conceded defeat even while the vote was still being counted. If the power had been entrusted to people that hold on to power, he would have use the instrument of state, through some Nigerian, to turn things around. In the long run, he might suffer for it but the masses will have suffered. Properties and lives would have been destroyed
The plan of Obasanjo was to disgrace GEJ out of office. However, Jonathan earned his greatest honor both nationally and internationally in defeat. He is so young that a great future lies ahead of him and he has become an indisputable Niger Delta leader and a force to be reckoned with in Nigeria.

Lord have mercy!!!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by dondo83(m): 3:05pm On May 18, 2015
ayobamog:
''Hero''.. misuse of word''
Learn How to Invest at profit nigeria
and
earn reasonable profit every
month.. http://www.profitng.com

His own hero must stand for the hero beer . After all he's a drunkard
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by PastorOla1: 3:19pm On May 18, 2015
IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANY MORE, PLEASE TO KEEP QUIETE. WHAT WILL GEJ HAVE DONE, NONSENSE LET HIM DECLARE HIMSELF PRESIDENT OF OTUEKE THEN. GEJ IS NOT A HERO PLEASE TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. THE NATION HAS REJECTED HIM PERIOD.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by ajealadick(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2015
Stupid!

You call loosing a presidential election and running to concede defeat smart? Your brain should be donated to the psychiatric department for studies.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by rio8484(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2015
Wereboy
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by domejike(m): 3:42pm On May 18, 2015
santinoj:

Ask me o!!!
thank your God that he conceded defeat. Ask other countries like ivory coast and mali if their countries still remained the same after their various elections, because of their sit tight antecedents to power. Yes their leaders were suffering for their actions, but the country never remained the same again till date, maybe you wouldnt have had this opportunity to comment now. Nigerians!!!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by lanresodiq: 3:44pm On May 18, 2015
ar u nt in dis country to see d level of corruption, embezzlement nd unemployment nd u ar dere shouting u hate change .the govt did nt pay d salary of workers, subsidy issue nd d masses ar suffering. We want change, change nd change!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by Liltevy(m): 3:45pm On May 18, 2015
If we have to start celebrating just because a president accepts defeat!. Then why are we practising democracy!
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by upsonn(m): 3:48pm On May 18, 2015
Who is interested in the face saving article... He was massive beating and he's no choice. Besides, gbagbo treatment scared him... Me lo lara gej to ma fi se ewon?.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by upsonn(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2015
Mogidi:

The legendary GEJ not only outsmarted APC he outsmarted America who predicted civil war.
Unlike Buhari who contested 3 elections, went to court to challenge those 3 elections and killed scores of people after those 3 elections.

GEJ you're God sent, you prevented chaos.

Mufu, bring ur prove that he killed scores of people.
Re: Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati by prettyboi1(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2015
This man should go and rest. He wants to start forming "objective writing" again? Under Obasanjo's regime, people held this man's opinion really highly but as soon as the man became a part of Jonathan's government, he started doing the same crap he always condemned when Obasanjo was president. I respect the fact that everyone's entitled to their opinions since we cannot all be the same, so I'm not condemning Abati for this particular write-up, I'm just questioning his morality behind all these write-ups.

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power / Resume Or Resign: Senate Is Buhari’s Errand Boys – Charlie Boy / Race For PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman Rages, As Rivers Lobby For Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.