Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC (18232 Views)

Ogun 2019 Governorship Tears Amosun, Osoba & Tinubu Apart - Daily Trust / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by modath(f): 3:53pm On May 18, 2015
Gbawe:

As we speak now, some of them have already made their way back to the APC to beg for forgiveness and gain re-admission into the Party. Naturally, many are no longer on speaking terms with Osoba.

What a pity!!! undecided

I remember vividly when AD's campaign train came to my town in '99 and my uncle took me with him to listen to their manifesto,voting ad was a done deal,it was just a way to pass time.

Akinfenwa, Osoba, Lam,Onigbogi,Tinubu,falae etc all spoke and I felt a kind of sense of purpose when Jagaban took the mic, he in a few short minutes had the crowd eating out of his palms.

When the Osoba vs Amosun/Tinubu drama started I just shook my head and said "this man is on a suicide mission" cos there is no way in hell Osoba could EVER trump Tinubu in a battle for supremacy.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Eruditor: 3:56pm On May 18, 2015
The same Gbenga Daniel that campaigned for GEJ? Why would APC need him now?

I render this news, null and void. It is emanating from the said camps who are trying to test the waters to see the public acceptability of their proposition to defect back to the APC.

The APC does not require their services.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 18, 2015
Akiika:

Guys, freedom of association is one of the fundamentals of our democracy. Nobody can prevent others from joining any political party. All you can do is not to prevent them from leadership positions.
the article said APC leadership went to these men to compel them to join.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by wummyanthoy: 4:01pm On May 18, 2015
Mind U Osoba is d founding father of APC in Ogun state ,he ws d one who gave Amosu. Govnrshp ticket, Amosu now hijack d party n became terror , Amosu ws in ANPP wen Osoba gave him d ticket he bcam a Govnr and did not allow d party 2 conduct LG election he took over d party by bringing his boys who were wit him in ANPP to hijack d post frm dos who suffer 4 d party pple who did primaries n won , whose names were in d newspaper Amosu changed d names n put his boyz who were in ANPP n never listened 2 d leaders dat made Osoba n Some leaders who gave him d ticket left d party 4 him, dis is a reliable source of d story ask frm anyone in APC , SO if he go bak 2 d party he has d right cos he is d pioneer as far as Ogun state is concern !
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by SUBWAY101(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
Gbawe:

As we speak now, some of them have already made their way back to the APC to beg for forgiveness and gain re-admission into the Party. Naturally, many are no longer on speaking terms with Osoba.

You said same before the election that Osoba will come back to beg. Respect for you bro.

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Charly68: 4:36pm On May 18, 2015
Politics is a matter of figures ..the APC should realize that success management is a very daunting task. The people that are running into the party are doing so to get political coverage for their past criminal or electoral foibles ..The leadership of APC should beware..& allow EFCC to do their work without interference . The idea of pardy pardy is what finish GEJ career..
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Benzzle: 4:57pm On May 18, 2015
barcanista:
I thought APC said Daniel is a rogue and a thief? So they just realised that he is also a progressive? grin grin.

They should keep deceiving themselves.
. Won't you defect back..cause the success of APC dey pain you well
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Orikinla(m): 4:59pm On May 18, 2015
Nobody wants to be with losers.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by 989900: 5:17pm On May 18, 2015
Can the 'Trekkers People's Party' kindly send one of their members to please trek against all these 'olosho-defecting-polithiefians'
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by lokoloko84(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2015
Nonsense. If these two gluttons were brought to APC,then the party is finished in Ogun state.
APC won the election in the state partly due to the performance of Amosun and the bad brands of both Osoba and Daniel.
Infact the governorship candidates of PDP though a brilliant chap lost because of the perception of the electorates that Daniel is his major supporter and the inadequacy and incompetency of his government is still fresh on peoples mind.
Osoba on the other hand is worthless and useless in the state with no electoral value.
If this news were to be true then I will

personally campaign against the party on 2019.
I am sure another party will spring up.
If
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by bornmekus: 5:33pm On May 18, 2015
dridowu:
There are strong indications that former Governors of Ogun State, Aremo Olusegun Osoba, and Otunba Gbenga Daniel and their supporters are heading back to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Daniel and his supporters defected from APC to the Social Democratic Party (SDP) ahead of the 2015 general elections.
Osoba was a founding father of the APC but a disagreement with Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosu, also of the APC, and the inability of the national leadership of the APC to settle the quarrel led to his moving to the SDP with his supporters.
He also alleged marginalisation of his group by the national leadership of APC as the reason for the defection.

Osoba and his group contested and lost the last election on the platform of the SDP, though there were several last minute moves to reconcile with the APC.
Politics is a game.A gambler is always a gamer but I pity the political boys who risk their life 4peanuts.
P.M.NEWS reliably gathered that the reconciliation moves have been revived and delegations from the APC have met twice with Osoba in his Abeokuta home to ensure his return to the party.

Sources close to the two time former Governor of the Gateway State confirmed to P.M.NEWS that the first delegation led by the National Deputy Chairman of the APC and former Governor of Ekiti State, Engineer Segun Oni, met with Osoba immediately after the Presidential and National Assembly elections in Abeokuta.

“I was with oga (Osoba) and the delegation led by Engineer Oni came. They told him to come back to the fold. They even wanted him to withdraw the SDP candidates from the governorship and state assembly elections. However, he stated that inasmuch as he will want to return, he cannot withdraw the SDP candidates from the election at this eleventh, noting that it will negatively affect his political status. He, however, stated that after the elections they can meet again,” our source said.

After the governorship and state assembly elections, another delegation led by another former Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi met with Osoba in his Abeokuta home and the subject of discussion was his return to APC.

For now, Osoba is out of the country and our correspondent learnt that when he returns, further meetings on the reconciliation move will be held to cement the agreement.

P.M.NEWS also learnt that Otunba Gbenga Daniel is also set to rejoin the APC fold.

Daniel was a member of the Alliance for Democracy in 1999, but left to join the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to contest the 2003 election against Aremo Olusegun Osoba in Ogun State. In 2011, Gbenga Daniel founded the PPN to install his protégé, Gboyega Nasir Isiaka a.k.a. GNI, as his successor after irreconciliable differences with former President, Olusegun Obasanjo-led PDP. GNI, however, lost the election to present Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

In the run-up to 2015 elections, Gbenga Daniel first held a long romance with Labour Party, LP, in Ogun State, then dumped it to join the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. But his association with PDP was soured by his frosty relationship with Prince Buruji Kashamu, who denied Gbenga Daniel the Senate ticket for Ogun East.

Of recent, Daniel has been making moves to reconcile with APC leaders and was present at the wedding of Dele Alake’s son at the weekend.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/18/osoba-daniel-set-to-join-apc/
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Namadobi: 6:00pm On May 18, 2015
BUKOLA SARAKI MY HERO

EL-RUFAI MY ROLE MODEL

AMEACHI MY GUY
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Gbawe: 6:04pm On May 18, 2015
SUBWAY101:

You said same before the election that Osoba will come back to beg. Respect for you bro.

Osoba led a gang that decided, at all cost, to take Amosun on when Tinubu had personally intervened to plead for peace and unity. Osoba and co would not accede to this request to find amicable ways of ending the face-off. They wanted to take Amosun down by force and they stuck a finger up at Asiwaju's mediation efforts.

This was when it was decided that the Osoba SDP crew should do their worst. Tinubu had pitched his tent and strength behind Amosun in the whoel saga and this, to me, meant that Osoba et al will regret their actions and come back begging. I can tell you personally that those who lost their APC senatorial seats , after following the vengeful Osoba to the SDP, are grovelling before Tinubu and APC Party elders today. The reality is that no one will forget their disloyalty easily because it was of the dangerous kind that nearly destroyed the APC in Ogun State. They will all, including Osoba, be kept at arms length.

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by sped1oro(m): 6:06pm On May 18, 2015
All these drama is hands of Esau and voice of Jacobs. We need to put a stop to this abatcha politics we are playing in Nigeria,it is really a bad omen for our children and the generation unborn.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by landinfo: 6:20pm On May 18, 2015
modath:

Hope the defeated senators and reps Osoba took with him to his failed SDP will be able to digest this news.

Osoba miscalculated his political clout in his struggle for the leader position in ACN/APC conveniently forgetting that it was only Tinubu that survived OBJ's 2003 annihilation of south west's AD.

Love him or hate him, Jagaban is the giant killer from the south west.

What about the other SW states like Ondo & Ekiti
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Gbawe: 6:25pm On May 18, 2015
wummyanthoy:
Mind U Osoba is d founding father of APC in Ogun state ,he ws d one who gave Amosu. Govnrshp ticket, Amosu now hijack d party n became terror , Amosu ws in ANPP wen Osoba gave him d ticket he bcam a Govnr and did not allow d party 2 conduct LG election he took over d party by brinbing hsi boys who were wit him in ANPP to hijack d post frm dos who suffer 4 d party pple who did primaries n won , whosee names were in d newspaper Amosu changed d names n put his boyz who were in ANPP n never listened 2 d leaders dat made Osoba n Some leaders who gave him d ticket left d party 4 him, dis is a reliable source of d story ask frm anyone in APC , SO f he go bak 2 d party he has d right cos he is d pioneer as far as Ogun state is concern !

Not true. Those aware of the true inside picture know that Amosun fell out with Osoba because he would not play the politics of patronage the likes of Osoba are used to. Basically, Amosun felt he should not be blackmailed into accepting the age-old practice of giving Osoba et al unnofficial 'salaries' running into millions at stipulated intervals.

Amosun's conviction was always that this is money better utilized developing Ogun State. They came for Amosun and not the other way round. The Governor had to stand up for himself and what he believed in. Osoba put Amosun in a position where the governor had no choice but to tell them to get lost with their blackmail. With the battle-line drawn, there was no going back. Osoba and his vengeful gang lost and the rest is history. Believe me when I say those who followed Osoba to SDP, and lost the official APC positions they had, are regretting it deeply today.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by VickyRotex(f): 8:27pm On May 18, 2015
eleko1:
Thieves. angry wish they stone them.Vickyrotex bia come see yo pipu 4 yo state

embarassed no be my state joor angry

Na there I serve sha, and they are good people cheesy grin

Btw, I support you, make dem stone beat dem undecided

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 18, 2015
APC should turn these guys down, they would come and pollute the party now.
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by mrmetoo1: 8:40pm On May 18, 2015
I really hope they turn them away especially Daniels, that man is when the most useless people Nigerian politics has ever produced. He'll add zero to APC, as a matter of fact, he'll make them lose credibility. Only reason they should admit him is if they plan to jail him so that they can say "you see we're jailing our party members as well"
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by dbest01: 12:31am On May 19, 2015
Political Prostitutes
Re: Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC by gabak(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2015
wummyanthoy:
Mind U Osoba is d founding father of APC in Ogun state ,he ws d one who gave Amosu. Govnrshp ticket, Amosu now hijack d party n became terror , Amosu ws in ANPP wen Osoba gave him d ticket he bcam a Govnr and did not allow d party 2 conduct LG election he took over d party by bringing his boys who were wit him in ANPP to hijack d post frm dos who suffer 4 d party pple who did primaries n won , whose names were in d newspaper Amosu changed d names n put his boyz who were in ANPP n never listened 2 d leaders dat made Osoba n Some leaders who gave him d ticket left d party 4 him, dis is a reliable source of d story ask frm anyone in APC , SO if he go bak 2 d party he has d right cos he is d pioneer as far as Ogun state is concern !
Dat is not true bro, tinubu gave amosun the governorship ticket not osoba, chief osoba is not in support of amosun from day one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs / Stella E. Nkoro PDP Declared Winner Of The Ikom II State Constitiency, C. River / Borno Declares Monday Work Free For PMB Rally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.