Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? (1143 Views)

Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / She Has Helped Me A Lot But All She Wants Is Marriage / Are "Husband Material" Men Getting Scarce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Hiploko(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2015
Let's discuss this please
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by agarawu23(m): 7:02pm On May 18, 2015
will you jump into marriage? I blv u will have a date that will probably lead to marriage
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Hiploko(m): 7:13pm On May 18, 2015
Fact.. But often times,seeing the one to date seems a very big issue.
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Enegod(m): 7:23pm On May 18, 2015
We must conquer our fears, so we can live life without any restraints!! undecided
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by ronald4lif(m): 7:31pm On May 18, 2015
Well, it is because a lot of men (and women) are becoming more aware that love is a farce and relationship/marriage its all about individual interest. So when a man is of a marriageable age he becomes very conscious of most women he comes across and is suspicious of whatever moves they make. He develops this mindset that women are after his wealth and unfortunately many of them lives true to type as they never fails to bombard him with one request or another. Money grabbers are what we have now, not good spouses.

Other factors are compromise. Lot of people are becoming too selfish that they don't picture themselves sacrificing their lifestyle and splitting their income with someone else for life. How will he close from work everyday and head home straight away without hanging out with mates?. How will he have to inform her of every of his movement and whereabout daily and each time he fails to quarrel might spring up? etc. A lot of guys who are scared of marriage have phobia for responsibility. Marriage comes with a lot of responsibility.

Recently the most fearful factor is that of alimony payments and rights. Having to split ones asset should a marriage end up in a divorce. No man would want to hustle all his life and build a reasonable savings for himself then get married and wife files for a divorce in a few years, splitting your savings into two. In some cases, they even kick the man out of his home.

The rate at which people get married will keep dwindling and divorce will keep skyrocketing until people are able to sacrifice and love for the right reasons. Not with the money syndrome currently being practised.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 18, 2015
Lol spouse scarcity abi money scarcity tongue,most guys wanna make it big before settling down,
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by jcflex(m): 7:46pm On May 18, 2015
Are you in the shoe or abt to step in,

Share your experience first
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by sunnydayasaba(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2015
ronald4lif:
Well, it is because a lot of men (and women) are becoming more aware that love is a farce and relationship/marriage its all about individual interest. So when a man is of a marriageable age he becomes very conscious of most women he comes across and is suspicious of whatever moves they make. He develops this mindset that women are after his wealth and unfortunately many of them lives true to type as they never fails to bombard him with one request or another.

Other factors are compromise. Lot of people are becoming too selfish that they don't picture themselves sacrificing their lifestyle and splitting their income with someone else for life. How will he close from work everyday and head home straight away without hanging out with mates?. How will he have to inform her of every of his movement and whereabout daily and each time he fails to quarrel might spring up? etc. A lot of guys who are scared of marriage have phobia for responsibility. Marriage comes with a lot of responsibility.

Recently the most fearful factor is that of alimony payments and rights. Having to split ones asset should a marriage end up in a divorce. No man would want to hustle all his life and build a reasonable savings for himself then get married and wife files for a divorce in a few years, splitting your savings into two. In some cases, they even kick the man out of his home.

The rate at which people get married will keep dwindling and divorce will keep skyrocketing until people are able to sacrifice and love for the right reasons. Not with the money syndrome currently being practised.

Very true my brother, I once had a girl i planned to marry latest next year by Gods grace, But after letting her know my intentions, she turned me to a MAGA...At first her demand increased, am not bother abt spending on her and giving her money and gift, but what broke the d carmels back was when she told me am suppose to just be sending her 40% of my pay check to her account for upkeep since she's not working and she has private needs.....That was d end of it all....I ran as fast as my leg could carry me...lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by ronald4lif(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

Very through my brother, I once had a girl i planned to marry latest next year by Gods grace, But after letting her know my intentions, she turned me to a MAGA...At first her demand increased, am not bother abt spending on her and giving her money and gift, but what broke the d carmels back once when she told me am suppose to just be sending her 40% of my pay check to her account for upkeep since she's not working and she private needs.....That was d end of it all....I ran as fast as my leg could carry me...lol

What?. Like 40% of your paycheck be paid to her?. She could have made it a 100% nau since she's the one that worked the money for you. The girl is a parasite and it's good you dumped her ass. Nonsense.
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by demmy0325(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by BlissB(f): 8:17pm On May 18, 2015
onomeglo:
Lol spouse scarcity abi money scarcity tongue,most guys wanna make it big before settling down,
Yah...i agree with u....d major reason is money,in d sense dat if d guy nor get moni d babe nor go gree
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 18, 2015
BlissB:
Yah...i agree with u....d major reason is money,in d sense dat if d guy nor get moni d babe nor go gree
yes oogirls don wise up now too
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 18, 2015
onomeglo:
yes oogirls don wise up now too
even u too abi?
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 18, 2015
Jollyjoy:
even u too abi?
hahhaahhahaha girls are not smiling oo cheesy
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by sinizia: 9:04pm On May 18, 2015
Spouse are not scarce when it's time for marriage, there are a lot of single ripe women and men for marriage, but some certain factors inhibits them from taking the huge step of settling down.

1. The first and foremost reason is bad economy/unemployment. Many of our men are unemployed or earning peanuts. Things are hard in this country. The elites loot away our collective wealth. How can a man that earn peanuts marry that lovely girl he's been dreaming about? Marriage is not a child's play. Money is involved. So for people like me, no money or stable finance, no marriage.

2. Men of nowadays ain't into commitment again. They find marriage as an over-hyped institution. They find it as a restriction camp. They lose their full freedom. They lose the chance to hang out with their fellow men and party and drink to a good time. With marriage, your movement is limited.

3. Because marriage has been bastardized. Marriage of these days is now about money. You hear things like alimony, signing of pre-nup etc. Rich men now see it as an avenue for women to take away huge chunk of their money should they divorce. So they usually have doubts marrying any lady they like.

4. Lastly, the "new age trends" have led to reduction of marriages. In the olden days, marriage was the legal and accepted way of having sèx and birthing children. It's no longer revered now. Nowadays, children of 14, 16 etc., are fùcking like minks. So the legal way of having sex, has been be trampled upon. Also, having baby mamas is the fad. The shít!! You don't need marriage again to convince ladies to birth your child. From Peter Okoye, Olamide, to Ice Prince, to Tuface, to Timaya, they all had/have baby mamas. So why get married when you get free sex and having women carrying your child without putting a ring on it? You are enjoying the benefits of marriage as a single. So to us men and many women, it's fúck marriage baby!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 18, 2015
onomeglo:
hahhaahhahaha girls are not smiling oo cheesy
yex na. Who wan live 4 mud house?
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 18, 2015
Jollyjoy:
yex na. Who wan live 4 mud house?
hhahahahha certainly,no be our girls of dis generation grin
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 18, 2015
onomeglo:
hhahahahha certainly,no be our girls of dis generation grin
u sabi d tin.
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by Hiploko(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2015
Is there a spiritual hindrance to getting married?
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by irishCream: 10:30pm On May 18, 2015
The only scarcity with regards to marriage is money!!!!
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2015
Hiploko:
Let's discuss this please

Spouses have always been as they are...they are not scarce. Its your increased sensitivity at that marriage time due to pressure mounted on you by family, friends, relatives...etc that makes it look like they're scarce.
Re: Why Are Spouses Scarce When It Is Marriage Time? by rudebouy: 10:50pm On May 18, 2015
If ur ready and willing to get married but u cant find a spouse, its either ur looking at all d wrong places, or sth is wrong with you.

Finito!

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This Statement / What Would You Do If You Discoverd Your Wife Smokes Pot? / 3 Reasons To Be N**E With Your PARTNER By Lexhan Menkiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.