Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital (38204 Views)

Ekwueme: Aim Of The 1983 Coup Was To Stop Me From Emerging The President In 1987 / Ogun Is Nigeria’s Industrial Capital – Amosun / Outsider Emerging Customs Boss Rubbishes Career Progression – Group Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by customized07: 7:03am On May 20, 2015
scholes0:

What is Abiriba?
Sango Otta, Ajuwon and Akuto are all extensions of the Lagos metropolis, and are in no way "small"
I can get you pictures of how sango otta looks and that of abiriba, I visit idi-iroko road often to see a friend. Sango otta is industrialized but don't go there during rainy season.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:11am On May 20, 2015
[size=16pt]Olorunsogo power station (750MW)[/size]
Owned and managed by Olorunsogo generation company

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:15am On May 20, 2015
customized07:
I can get you pictures of how sango otta looks and that of abiriba, I visit idi-iroko road often to see a friend. Sango otta is industrialized but don't go there during rainy season.

Lagos is Urban & Industrialized, and the heart of the Nigerian economy, and parts of it still gets flooded in the rainy season.
Recently, there was a flood in Nairobi, Kenya's biggest city, and the most advanced in East Africa, killing 10 people, same thing happened in Maputo, Mozambique some time last year..... This s a problem every urban environment (especially in tropical environments) face, Do you know Jakarta and Manila in Indonesia and Philippines respectively still get flooded in the rainy season?
So what is your point, exactly??

Oh well... At least you admit Otta is Industrialized.. which By the way, is the point of this thread.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:28am On May 20, 2015
[size=14pt]Olorunsogo power station (750MW)[/size]
Owned and managed by Olorunsogo generation company

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Gamesmart: 7:33am On May 20, 2015
Twistaray:
God bless ogun
God bless nigeria smiley

Why are you senselessly posting pictures without stating what area or buildings they are?

What proof do you have that the pictures you posted are of places in Ogun State?

How are we sure they are not places in Gabon, Namibia or Angola if you can't even state what they are?
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:41am On May 20, 2015
[size=13pt]ABVEE Industries, Sango Otta[/size]

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:46am On May 20, 2015
[size=13pt]ABVEE Industries, Sango Otta[/size]

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:50am On May 20, 2015
More....

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2015
[size=13pt]Vee Vee Paper products, Sango Otta[/size]

1 Share

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Twistaray(m): 9:50am On May 20, 2015
More data to you pc/phone OP
Kudos smiley

Don't mind those awon omo ajokuta abeg

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Twistaray(m): 9:51am On May 20, 2015
Gamesmart:

If you can't state the name of the places you are posting, don't post.

It is not by force to participate.

Don't be pasting Ghana and say it is Ogun State.

Let me pretend I didn't read this at all.
For the sake of sanity.
ISsoke

To cure you curiosity :

https://www.nairaland.com/2064420/ogun-new-look-strictly-ogun

Above, the thread I created late last year.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by forgiveness: 2:36pm On May 20, 2015
i think the op should also show pictures of cities in Ogun state.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by arresa: 6:55pm On May 20, 2015
You reap what you sow. ..

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by FKO81(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2015
CBN ranks Anambra third in deposit mobilisation

The Central Bank of Nigeria has rated the economy of Anambra State as among the strongest in the country.

The Branch Manager of the bank in Awka, Mr. Okoro Azubuike, announced the rating in Awka on Thursday when he received the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, who was on the good governance tour of the state.

Azubuike said deposit mobilisation in the state was third in the country behind Lagos and Kano, while it ranked fourth in terms of the presence of commercial and microfinance banks.

He said the commercial cities of Onitsha and Nnewi were large and had made the state the commercial base of the South East region.

In his remarks, Governor Peter Obi said the bank was crucial to the commercial activities of the state, adding that the government had resolved to fast-track the construction of its permanent office in the state.
http://www.punchng.com/business/money/cbn-ranks-anambra-third-in-deposit-mobilisation/

Open thread let us compare the two states in all ramifications, when you sit in your enclave you think others are playing.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by FKO81(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2015
[while it ranked fourth in terms of the presence of commercial and microfinance banks.
, that was 2013 to day Anambra state ranked second

CBN ranks Anambra 2nd in microfinance banking
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has disclosed that Anambra State currently ranks second in the list of states with highest number of Micro Finance Banks (MFBs) in the country even as the Oko Micro Finance Bank launched its new branch.

Speaking in Oko during the commissioning of the new branch of Oko Micro Finance Bank, a Director at the CBN, Enugu branch, Mr. Ogadi Mmeka, disclosed that apart from Lagos State which has the highest number of banks, Anambra State ranks second.

Mmeka attributed the feat to what he described as industrial nature of Ndi Anambra, adding that it became imperative for more MFBs to spring up in various parts of the state to assist traders in doing their business, while commending the Oko Micro Finance Bank for surmounting various challenges facing the sector.
He urged the bank not to relent in its success but strive harder to open more branches and raise a capital of N100 million to get to the status of a state Micro Finance Bank which will give it leverage to open more branches in any part of the state.

Mmeka further advised the management of Oko Micro Fianance Bank to maintain proper quality internal control measures through installation of ICT to monitor the activities of the bank and its staff to maintain high ethical standards.

Earlier in his address, the Chairman, Board of Directors, Dr. Emma Udoye, attributed the success story of the bank to what he described as synergy between the staff and members of the board, which, he said, led to the bank opening more branches.

Udoye further disclosed that the bank decided to open more branches to serve its numerous customers, noting that it had became necessary to expand its services to accommodate its numerous customers.

He further said the bank surmounted various challenges to get to the present stage because of the unity of purpose in Oko Community, while expressing optimism that in no distant time, the bank would open more branches in other parts of the state to serve its customers better.

Also speaking, the Traditional Ruler of Oko Community, Igwe Prof. Laz Ekwueme, commended the board, management and staff of the microfinance bank for expanding its services to reach out to its numerous customers, disclosing that it was the first community-owned bank to open a new branch in the state.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=90856
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by OduaVanguard: 7:23pm On May 20, 2015
FKO81:
[while it ranked fourth in terms of the presence of commercial and microfinance banks.
, that was 2013 to day Anambra state ranked second

CBN ranks Anambra 2nd in microfinance banking
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has disclosed that Anambra State currently ranks second in the list of states with highest number of Micro Finance Banks (MFBs) in the country even as the Oko Micro Finance Bank launched its new branch.

Speaking in Oko during the commissioning of the new branch of Oko Micro Finance Bank, a Director at the CBN, Enugu branch, Mr. Ogadi Mmeka, disclosed that apart from Lagos State which has the highest number of banks, Anambra State ranks second.

Mmeka attributed the feat to what he described as industrial nature of Ndi Anambra, adding that it became imperative for more MFBs to spring up in various parts of the state to assist traders in doing their business, while commending the Oko Micro Finance Bank for surmounting various challenges facing the sector.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=90856

He urged the bank not to relent in its success but strive harder to open more branches and raise a capital of N100 million to get to the status of a state Micro Finance Bank which will give it leverage to open more branches in any part of the state.

Mmeka further advised the management of Oko Micro Fianance Bank to maintain proper quality internal control measures through installation of ICT to monitor the activities of the bank and its staff to maintain high ethical standards.

Earlier in his address, the Chairman, Board of Directors, Dr. Emma Udoye, attributed the success story of the bank to what he described as synergy between the staff and members of the board, which, he said, led to the bank opening more branches.

Udoye further disclosed that the bank decided to open more branches to serve its numerous customers, noting that it had became necessary to expand its services to accommodate its numerous customers.

He further said the bank surmounted various challenges to get to the present stage because of the unity of purpose in Oko Community, while expressing optimism that in no distant time, the bank would open more branches in other parts of the state to serve its customers better.

Also speaking, the Traditional Ruler of Oko Community, Igwe Prof. Laz Ekwueme, commended the board, management and staff of the microfinance bank for expanding its services to reach out to its numerous customers, disclosing that it was the first community-owned bank to open a new branch in the state.

Bros, I gree that Anambra is the "light of the East", but please don't derail this thread, I beg you. You are free to open a separate thread to present facts that support your position. Biko. Thanx.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by FKO81(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Bros, I gree that Anambra is the "light of the East", but please don't derail this thread, I beg you. You are free to open a separate thread to present facts that support your position. Biko. Thanx.

Yoruba governors working hard for the good of its citizens while my igbo governors have chosen to make embezzlement their hobby.

I envy this development. grin

(Quote) (Report) 8 Likes (Like)
(

Nice one for South West. East need something like this so as to have uniform industrialisation and absorb all their unemployed youths(that would stop thousands of them from running to SW). North need more agro companies but dis bombing is quite scary...

your brothers invited me, now I want to know the region that is lacking behind, I don't want to post pictures of Anambra here that is why I urge you to open thread let us compare the two states in all ramifications, you guys where quick to open thread to compare Awka ibom and Lagos now I challange you to open Anambra and Ogun state.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by FKO81(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2015
Twistaray:

Keep fooling around shogbo?
I'm coming in, just watch you backward village thread scatter soon.
Nonesense!
I'm scard
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Twistaray(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2015
FKO81:

I'm scard

Good.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by forgiveness: 12:13pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=BuddahMonk post=33909545]

Yes Anambra State look more standardized, mordern, decent and baff up than Ogun State, apart from companies located around Shagamu and Agbara areas the entire Ogun State is dead.
There are better housing[b] [b]structures in Fegge alone than the entire Ogun State, can Ogun ever have places like Awada, Nkpor, Woliwo, Iyiowa, 33, in their entire life.
Anambra interior villages have more economic life than Ogun's, universities located in Ogun serve lagos residents very close to Lagos, there are more bank branches in Anambra than Ogun both commercial and MFBs to show you banks don't go where they do kuli kuli businesses, there are more small businesses in Anambra than Ogun and small businesses are what fuel economies of developing countries, there are more international markets in Anambra State than Ogun, when I mean international markets its not all these Iya Sikiru buka you people open every 4 market days .

I have been to Ilesha Remo, I have been to Akute, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode et al, Ogun outside the places close to Lagos are burial ground.

Based on FMM and NAPEP Anambra has the least poverty rate in Nigeria despite high population density.

Please we have residential Ogun instead of all these interior decoration of companies your posting here, let's have your cities skyline and network of roads so that the comparision will commence in full blast. [quote]

@ the bold

shocked grin
Haba! I don't think what you said are all true. In the whole of Ogun state!

Is mowe not part of Ogun state?

Is isheri not part of Ogun state?

is Ibara estate in Abeokuta not part of Ogun state?

Yes. we have four to five decks buildings in the South east but you can't set it as a template for developing a standard structure for others to adopt. No. To you that is development but to them na.

However,they might prefer building bungalow or duplex on a big plots of land than to building five decks.

Have you forgotten the saying "one man's food is another man's poison".
or Have you forgotten as Ndi Igbo is a nation so is Omoluabi.

and both can never agree on anything except in ONE. grin

This is my point, to an Ogun State man Sango Ota and Agbara are more industrialised than Nnewi and Onitsha combined while Anambra is more developed and industrialised than the whole of South West to an Anambra man hence the e- fight between them on Nairaland.

Finally, whenever Seasterns or Swesterners visit each others region let them drop their own standard of development, so that they both can see and appreciate each others views.

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Scholes007(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2015
coreseam:

1. No right thinking company will come to an unfriendly environment for business. He did well and thats why the investors are trooping there for the opportunities available.

2. good if it exist other places. but dont run down the achievements of someone else just because you want yours elevated.
I was telling you that east has most those you mentioned already...then tell me what makes the place unfriendly
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by LieDetector(m): 11:56pm On May 21, 2015
FKO81:

I challenge you to open thread let compare Anambra and Ogun State in all ramifications human endowments, Urban and rural areas, Industries, trade and commerce, education etc.
we talking industrialisation bro. Save for innoson motors, which other "major" company do we have in Anambra?
Let's make constructive analysis devoid of tribal sentiments. Truth be told. Our governors aren't doing anything that would attract foreign investors while their governors are.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Gazzy88(m): 12:42am On May 22, 2015
LieDetector:
we talking industrialisation bro. Save for innoson motors, which other "major" company do we have in Anambara?
Let's make constructive analysis devoid of tribal sentiments. Truth be told. Our governors aren't doing anything that would attract foreign investors while their governors are.
...yeepa!
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by emmatok(m): 1:05am On May 22, 2015
Scholes007:

I was telling you that east has most those you mentioned already...then tell me what makes the place unfriendly

What EAST?
if you take all the industries in Ogun to the east you won't have land to build anything else.

Largest numbers of Universities in Nigeria -Ogun
Largest numbers of Religious camp grounds-Ogun
Power plants -Ogun
Largest Cement producing State in Nigeria-Ogun.
Industrial estates and industries -Ogun
Agro industries-Ogun
Property and Estates development -Ogun

With all these Ogun state still has lots of Forestry and unused land.
Ogun is a very big state.

9 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by arresa: 4:19am On May 22, 2015
OduaVanguard:

lmao Anambra light of the east. They have a thread with 1 thousand pages full of all kinds of rubbish about their Anambra, but not anything significant economically, not even any credible or worthwhile industry.. IGR is laughable at barely 1 billion and GDP not worth talking about sef..

smh...

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by anonimi: 4:43am On May 22, 2015
arresa:

lmao Anambra light of the east. They have a thread with 1 thousand pages full of all kinds of rubbish about their Anambra, but not anything significant economically, not even any credible or worthwhile industry.. IGR is laughable at barely 1 billion and GDP not worth talking about sef..

smh...

Misitah IGR is bla bla bla billions, please tell us-

- how many public schools are in Ogun state compared to private schools.
- what % of children are roaming the streets or stuck at home instead of being at school.
- how many houses, clinics, hospitals, schools, business premises etc have TAP water.
- what is the ratio of clinics/general hospitals to residents.
- how many FEEDER roads are in good condition

Abi Amosun, like Fashola and Tinubu just they brag for IGR to chop & swallow it ni on top of plenty gbese debt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce: Anambra Doesn't Owe Salaries Despite Not Being An Oil State / 5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.