Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili (33249 Views)

Nigerian Army Writes PREMIUM TIMES, Talks Tough, Threatens Legal Action / Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by mytym(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2015
kelechiodo:

[b]''It is unfortunate that some have sought to equate our efforts to give accounts of activities on the nation’s war on terror as propaganda or cover-up. This is not true. We know the difference. The fact is that the battle situation around could be very fluid and susceptible to rapid changes. The situations around the battle could also change accordingly in an inexplicable manner.

''This trend is also compounded by various perspectives that have been employed to seriously polarise the understanding of the situation along the line of all kinds of sentiments and biases prevailing in the environment. We cannot engage in a shouting match with those who have other motives. We can only try to explain situation to the best of our understanding and available information.

''The report we present on situations are based on the available information and observance of the elements of propriety, security, policy and accuracy, which has remained our guiding principles. It is really not true as you have been made to assert repeatedly that the Defence Headquarters and myself are the only sources of information on the operation.

''The sweeping judgement and insistence that we must do things in a particular way or your claim that we do not follow best practices as well as your remarks comparing our approach to that of other armies is very unfair. Indeed, you must know that no two military operations are the same, and the conduct must endeavour to reflect the realities and peculiarities being confronted in the field.

''Your allegations or claim that we lack transparency is definitely not well informed neither is it being expressed in good faith.

''We should not be blackmailed into compromising the security of information and operations in the name of undefined idea of transparency.[/b] We have strived to keep the populace informed in the best way possible in the circumstances we find ourselves.

''No one has been through this same path before. We keep improving and seeking how to cope with the enormous challenges. You may recall that although it was in the line of duty, I was the first and perhaps the only military officer who against all odds have addressed your leadership and the group as a whole when you marched to the Defence Headquarters at the early stages of your campaign.

''I believe we had cordial interactions all through at that period. It is noteworthy that this gentleman, my sworn antagonist, was not present at that interactive meeting. We really have no reason to engage in deception as your forum is always quick to allege – apparently with a view to discrediting us and our efforts.

''Your assertion, claiming that we have credibility problem is only in the imagination of those pursuing the hate campaign against us. It is definitely not in the view of the generality of the populace who still trust, depend on and utilise the outcome of all our efforts to inform the public on the counter terrorism campaign.

''The ceaseless criticism we continue to get from you has been so uncharitable and could ordinarily be discouraging. We however derive a lot of inspiration from the appreciation and commendation we keep getting from other well meaning individuals and organizations who continue to urge us on.

''The patriot and God fearing person in us will not yield to blackmail and malicious criticism of those using the platform of your otherwise noble organisation, to run us down and plan on how to disgrace us in the pursuit of an agenda to humiliate and ridicule the Nigerian Armed Forces.

''Being in the forefront of the efforts to disseminate information is a job I do with passion and sense of responsibility. I do not deserve the hatred and mindless antagonism your organization has continued to unleash on me.

''I certainly have a life out of here and it is unfair to work purely for the purpose of destroying my reputation and years of committed and unblemished record of service to my country. Despite the regular focus and disdainful reference to all communication from me as prompted by those who are so determined to ruin other people’s name and career, I have maintained the restraint required of me both by training and upbringing.

''The belief is that your organisation has the determination to ruin the name, career, and reputation of some targeted military officers among whom I have been specifically marked for such cruel treatment. I can only leave such matter to God and the good judgement of people who read or hear you. I am so sure I will enjoy the blessing of being vindicated at last.

Truth is #BBOG is one of the different tools used by the western cabals whose objectives are becoming clearer by the day concerning this Great Country Nigeria...

Obviously it succeeded in its primary purpose by carefully upholding a strong reason to remove GEJ and at least achieved a feat in the US's efforts at broadcasting to the world, that the almighty Nigerian Army, which had been famous for military prowess prior to BokoHaram/Chibok, is not so mighty afterall...(most nigerians didn't know US actually had wanted to install AFRICON to oversee military operations in africa instead of UN peace troops which had 60-70% contribution from Nigerian military for personnel and intelligence...)

i just wished Nigerians are able to truly discern well when they are being used...#Tinubu#Apc#Pdp#Oby#AllOfUs

GMB is not safe either...he's just another pawn to be discarded at the right time. He cannot perform outside of the 'script'. He will certainly try his best.
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by mytym(m): 10:08pm On May 19, 2015
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by otunbadan(m): 10:45pm On May 19, 2015
zaynie:
Madam Oby, keep making them uncomfortable till they bring back our girls.
Be on their neck, be their conscience, be their reminder incase they want to forget.

Almost 300 girls abducted since when?
NA is trying no doubt but sometimes we need people like Madam to make them do a better job.

Men coming back in coffins and Nigerian flag and you want a better job from them, they are making ultimate sacrifices and you are typing with free mb in your free state!
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by zaynie(f): 11:01pm On May 19, 2015
otunbadan:

Men coming back in coffins and Nigerian flag and you want a better job from them, they are making ultimate sacrifices and you are typing with free mb in your free state!

No disrespect to our fallen heroes and those still standing but that was what they signed up for.
To die for their country with honour.
Not easy I know but somebody has to do the job.
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by zaynie(f): 11:06pm On May 19, 2015
cyberdurable:

Shut up that pit u call mouth, ur mates and dat of ur father's Mate are in camp as Soldiers... Useless E-soldier

My father was in the military. Infantry to be precise. He fought in many wars, did a lot of peacekeeping and did his own quota before he retired. I did my own part by being a Military Child, seeing my father less than 3 times in a year, knowing that each time I said goodbye could be the last.

what have you done apart from being a cyberbully?
FYI, i am more useful to Nigeria than you will ever dream to be.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by zaynie(f): 11:08pm On May 19, 2015
chigo93:
northerner!!

No Sir, I am a full blooded Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 19, 2015
zaynie:

No Sir, I am a full blooded Nigerian.
educate me pls. You 4rm wat state??
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by otunbadan(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2015
zaynie:

No disrespect to our fallen heroes and those still standing but that was what they signed up for.
To die for their country with honour.
Not easy I know but somebody has to do the job.

When "No Disrespect", "No offence" etc is used in a statement, that means someone is about to dish out Disrespect n offence.
That the security issue is restricted to the north east is a report card that these security personnels are doing what you are not doing. Does a child tell his parents especially the mother that I won't tell you thank you, you are just doing your job?
By the way dying is not part of their job specification, they are not chickens.
Some respect bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Blasts Okorocha, Calls Him A Rabble Rouser / Top 10 Presidential Jets Of African Countries / IREV: INEC Uploads 90% Of Presidential Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.