Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo (27337 Views)

Biafra: Only Fools Learn From Experience, The Wise From History – Osinbajo / We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo / We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by anigold(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

http://www.punchng.com/news/were-inheriting-nigerias-worst-economy-in-history-osinbajo/

Wao worst economy by being the largest economy and the fastest growing economy in Africa... You guys Said GEJ was CLUELESS atleast he turn Nigeria into the largest economy in Africa under 6 years.

Prof u wanted life in aso rock,it sure comes with lots of responsibilities and pressure so start the work no need looking for excuse for failure...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by patrick89(m): 5:49pm On May 20, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
On paper!!!
then nigeria economy is bad bla bla is on paper too!! Foolish
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by titus3: 5:50pm On May 20, 2015
Emmmm, I want to believe that's why Nigerians voted them to come and fix the said "worst" economy. Make it happen sharp sharp abeg!
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by patrick89(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2015
Dee60:
If you listen to some comments in NL you would almost give up on Nigeria. Even the current FG cannot deny these facts. Better to face issues and say it the way it is.

Some are shouting that Nigeria has become the 'biggest economy'! When NOI came out with the rebasing magic, I knew this would happen and I suspected the politicians would use that to try to confuse Nigerians.

GeJ did not grow Nigerias' economy to become the biggest in Africa. He only 'rebased'. He changed the criteria for evaluation. Nothing more. And I think NOI explained that.

It is just like someone jumping up that 1USD gave him 160Naira 6 months ago and now he is getting 220 Naira! Would that be a reason to jump up?

Has Osinbajo spoken amiss by reminding us that poverty in Nigeria is still very high.

OBJ cleared Nigeria's debt burden in his time. Now the burden is back. What have they used the huge debts for? Oil price has been at the highest in Jonathan;s time, what has the windfall been used for?

It is like a man who had his monthly salary increased 100 per cent, so that he could save a lot more and also feed his family very well. But instead, he makes no savings, goes out borrowing more and his family, far from living well, is dying in hunger. And still his neigbours are hailing him. For what?

Well, GEJ has finished his own term and the onus on the new people is to fix the mess. Let us pray for them and not start the ABUSES and INSULTS again. It is never necessary to ABUSE leaders, whether that leader is GEJ or GMB.

what is this one saying
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by knowledgeable: 5:52pm On May 20, 2015
egift:
Massive loans, bad economy, local debts, looted funds, empty treasury, broken system, owing salaries in States and Federal with no significant development to show for it. PDP should hide their face in shame.

Sai Buhari all the way. 9 days to get started.

"Rubbish". The % of the overall debt to this Africa biggest economy's GDP is still below 12% safe level. Politicians(APC) are setting up the general public for either a failure or success with the ultimate credit going to them.

1 Like

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by scantee(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2015
Ah i presume you know all that before seeking for the position of President/Vp of Nigeria...so you have to fix it all because you seek for the positions on the ground that you guyz have the solutions. Please sir we don't want early lamentation...
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Donaldomo(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2015
egift:
Massive loans, bad economy, local debts, looted funds, empty treasury, broken system, owing salaries in States and Federal with no significant development to show for it. PDP should hide their face in shame. cry cry

Sai Buhari all the way. 9 days to get started.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Reccoxxy: 5:54pm On May 20, 2015
Honestly, I wonder the way we the youth reason lately. Is it that the political elites have reduced our intellects with poverty? Or have they tinkered with our psychic that we cannot reason properly or what?
The Prof. has only told us the status of our economy and the reason why we need to buckle up in solving this challenge together as a nation. But instead, we are busy attacking the personality of the VP.We should know as the youth that our own future is more at stake than the
generation of the VP and the likes. Hence we should be more interested in the real issues and consistently demand for good governance and engage in constructive criticism.

I implore all the Nigerian youth to use this medium to demand for good governance from the political elites because we don't have any other country than Nigeria.

I believe it is time to demand for our right from the political class until they listen to us and give us good governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by mekadinho(f): 5:55pm On May 20, 2015
SEE EXCUSE... GET TO WORK SIR, SAVE US UR SERMON.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by crisycent: 5:56pm On May 20, 2015
Dem don start to complain. Create the jobs you promised and generate the 50million megawatts you promised. Imbêcile.

1 Like

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by proudlyhandsome: 6:01pm On May 20, 2015
olaric:
Spare us the sermon; after all that's why we voted out GEJ and his clueless team. Don't start your term in office with excuses.

In a sane society, people like you are left to play with toys while the intellectuals discuss issues that concern their futures.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by nd07(m): 6:04pm On May 20, 2015
Dee60:
If you listen to some comments in NL you would almost give up on Nigeria. Even the current FG cannot deny these facts. Better to face issues and say it the way it is.

Some are shouting that Nigeria has become the 'biggest economy'! When NOI came out with the rebasing magic, I knew this would happen and I suspected the politicians would use that to try to confuse Nigerians.

GeJ did not grow Nigerias' economy to become the biggest in Africa. He only 'rebased'. He changed the criteria for evaluation. Nothing more. And I think NOI explained that.

It is just like someone jumping up that 1USD gave him 160Naira 6 months ago and now he is getting 220 Naira! Would that be a reason to jump up?

Has Osinbajo spoken amiss by reminding us that poverty in Nigeria is still very high.

OBJ cleared Nigeria's debt burden in his time. Now the burden is back. What have they used the huge debts for? Oil price has been at the highest in Jonathan;s time, what has the windfall been used for?

It is like a man who had his monthly salary increased 100 per cent, so that he could save a lot more and also feed his family very well. But instead, he makes no savings, goes out borrowing more and his family, far from living well, is dying in hunger. And still his neigbours are hailing him. For what?

Well, GEJ has finished his own term and the onus on the new people is to fix the mess. Let us pray for them and not start the ABUSES and INSULTS again. It is never necessary to ABUSE leaders, whether that leader is GEJ or GMB.

when oil price was at its peak, Okonjo Iweala called on the house to drop budget at the rate of $45per barrel & the rest goes into reserve. it was still the APC senators & Amechi led governors forum that fought the idea to death & why are they crying fowl now. "share all the money" was their slogan in the days they should have saved
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Akiika: 6:05pm On May 20, 2015
olaric:
Spare us the sermon; after all that's why we voted out GEJ and his clueless team. Don't start your term in office with excuses.
Call it excuses but don't come whining here when GEJ and the other thieves are made to return what they stole.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by olaric(m): 6:09pm On May 20, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

In a sane society, people like you are left to play with toys while the intellectuals discuss issues that concern their futures.

Those who find it hard to respect and accommodate other people's views are no better than the worst dictators of this world. Can't you just be civil at least for once in your life? Have I said anything to warrant insults from you? I think someone like you who can't engage others in matured argument and discussion should be made to undergo mental test before signing up on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Sanuzi(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2015
olaric:

PLEASE TELL THEM OOOOOOOO.

THEY ARE AWARE OF THIS B4 CAMPAIGN OOOOOOOOO.

NO EXCUSE OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Lionsclaw: 6:12pm On May 20, 2015
Why are You telling us Osibade after you have been voted in? To hate and curse the outgoing govt or to keep it as an excuse when you fail?
Jonathan was praised into office hence the insult When he failed. You and GMB were double praised into office and if u fail you will get double insult.

1 Like

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by scachy(m): 6:18pm On May 20, 2015
Shut up u stooge, this is false alarm u n ur monikers has been sounding to pave way for systemic looting starting from 29th may. And dumbs ll stupidly believe them

1 Like

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by billyG(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
Whatt!with this kind of economy,they will need jesus miracle 2 perform smoothly.somebody giv me 2 reason Y d shoelss slowpoke shld not go 2 jail.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by tortydan(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
[i][/i]that is why we elected you guys! Go to work and stop complaining.....Sir! shocked
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Bollinger(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2015
mmsen:
This man is a fool.
Clearly he has forgotten about the Abacha, Babangida and Shagari eras.
Nigerians have selective amnesia.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by chibas: 6:29pm On May 20, 2015
Rad1cal:

He should save his fact and get back to work. That is what is expected of him
as he being sworn in?
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by lagdmark(m): 6:31pm On May 20, 2015
APC the magic party, campaign is over naa. Now zoom the economy to be one of the best in the world and make Nigeria a curropt free nation. Excuses and lamenting will not do the magic

1 Like

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Reference(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2015
Don't shout too much if you know you will not be able to do much about it lest the political zombies smell blood and tear you apart.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by scarred9jan(m): 6:35pm On May 20, 2015
olaric:
I can bet you didn't vote GEJ out

2 Likes

Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by manchester1: 6:36pm On May 20, 2015
this osibanjo and his APC colegues r rili fun f complaints. we u guys voted 2 dance shoki or etighi
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Forwetinnah: 6:39pm On May 20, 2015
Then don't inherit it...is inheritance by force?? If this wasn't a lie why are you still fighting to get the states you lost especially oil producing states? Make una go bury una selves joor
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Hishowlau(m): 6:40pm On May 20, 2015
patrick89:
what is this one saying
He is talking sense
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by seangy4konji: 6:42pm On May 20, 2015
sORRY sIR BUt its no news that The outgoing president of Nigeria is the most corrupt leader we have ever experienced...I mean MASSIVE LOOTING AND DESTRUCTION.
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Hishowlau(m): 6:42pm On May 20, 2015
chibas:
as he being sworn in?
I wonder oooo
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Hishowlau(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2015
chibas:
as he being sworn in?
I wonder oooo
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by Hishowlau(m): 6:46pm On May 20, 2015
billyG:
Whatt!with this kind of economy,they will need jesus miracle 2 perform smoothly.somebody giv me 2 reason Y d shoelss slowpoke shld not go 2 jail.
billyG:
billyG:

I also need som1 to answer that
Re: We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo by BushidoBlue(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2015
It's beginning to look like for the next four years we will still be hearing the name Goodluck Jonathan. Na wa o. So when will we begin moving forward?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ope Banwo: Man Who Developed Peter Obi App Accuse Supporters Of Blackmail / Yemi Osinbajo Meets With Okezie Ikpeazu (PICS) / "Buhari Rejected By Danjuma, Obasanjo, Babangida, Bill Gates, IMF, Ohanaeze"-FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.