Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo (8717 Views)

Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) / LIVE !!! Fighter Jet Around Niger-Delta Region... / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by zendy: 8:47pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

Dis homework is 4 u.
Look 4 an Asaba man and address him as an ibo man and pls note in hw many seconds it takes him to refute it and say "I am an Asaba Man".

I work with an Asaba man. Frequently he says "I am an Asaba man" then finishes "and proud Igbo man". Asaba people don't joke with their Igbo identity, not even here on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by nonaira: 9:05pm On May 21, 2015
DiademSh07:

See a dull head calling another dumb!
Aren't you the one who mentioned in your post that ika people are deniers, to which I responded?
Ibos and lies, very synonymous!
Why did you have to label them as deniers when they aint ibos to begin with?
You got to solve whatever complex you're dealing with 'cos it's affecting the reasoning part of your cerebrum!

That's the problem with you yoruba. you people are the most CLUELESS AND EDIOTIC TRIBE KNOWN TO MEN. Complete ZERO knowledge on others yet ALWAYS shouting to the tops of your lungs as if you know ANYTHING. keep your ediocracy in your SW village.

The reason they are called deniers is because half of their population believes they are Igbo while the other half does not. Do you understand it now?
It's been recorded, even one of their Obi confessed that the deniers within their community are the benin migrates trying to lay claim their land

This is a statement from the transcript from one of their late Dein of Agbor and posted on the Ika website
Here tradition tells us that Ogele or Ogene was the patriarch of our ancestors; but whence he came from we do not know for certain. Even the Benin, who claim him as their own, confess to the mystry of his exact association with them. Better to know the man from his deeds among us, as I have recounted. We believe that early Agbors have some cultural affinity with the East Niger—Igbo people, and that the Edo people as neighbors of Agbor

Language: Agbor spoke the ika dialect akin to other Igbo tongues, but the special vehile of the ika culture end image. It is distinct and dissimilar from Edo language and vice versa, even though some say that Agbor was once under the Oba’s rule. This was so because Benin was the first to acquire firearms from the Portuguese, and with which they terrorized the neighboring states. But this state of affairs lasted for only a short: Agbor liberated themselves before the 18th century. “Oru asuw Igbo; Igbo asuw Ika”: From this saying Agbor appears to be the credits of the Ika dialect and the citadel of Igbo heroes.

Chief A.G.Idwue
Dein of Agbor
Agbor-Obi 1979

http://ikaworld.com/books/Iduwe.History.pdf

I'm not done with your illiterate sef who have ZERO clue of what's going on, clueless on what he speaks but yet appointed himself spokesperson just because he is a tribalistic Buffoon that DESPERATELY wish he is from Delta state.

That is precisely what I have found in this book. I have studied this book and am convinced that the author has been able to prove that we need not have identity crisis as Anioma people.

Yes, some argue that they came from Benin, but we saw what happened during the Nigerian Civil War; our people suffered. Some of us were young but we saw what happened. Some of the important people in our communities were killed and their goods looted in Benin, as the author reminds us, and you say you are from Benin because one of your great grand fathers was a Benin chief or a king who came down from Benin and came to this part of the world with Benin diplomacy and imposed themselves on a community predominantly Igbo before their arrival.

The worship style of our people is also connected with the Nri

Osas Egonwa--An Ika professor
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/of-a-people-and-their-roots/137558/

I'm still not done with you, I'm coming back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by nonaira: 9:18pm On May 21, 2015
DiademSh07:

See a dull head calling another dumb!
Aren't you the one who mentioned in your post that ika people are deniers, to which I responded?
Ibos and lies, very synonymous!
Why did you have to label them as deniers when they aint ibos to begin with?
You got to solve whatever complex you're dealing with 'cos it's affecting the reasoning part of your cerebrum!

Community Development in Owa Kingdom by Efeizomor II (Obi of Owa)
https://books.google.co.uk/books?ei=asn0TfnfJY2q8AOL_IiwBw&ct=result&id=WXouAQAAIAAJ&hl=en

Unfortunately the www.ndi-owa.com is down so the other statement I want to copy and past is nomore. Luckily, someone else did posted it on this website as far 2012 when the website was still active.

Equally go and read Anioma: Resolving the Identity Crisis by Obi Charles Anyasi of Idumuje unor where he loudly attested that they are of Igbo descendant and not Edo as some try to pass.

That's why they are call deniers you illiterate. They are currently battling individuals identity crisis. Ewu!!

Like I said, you can turn their spokesperson if you so wish cause I know how desperate you want to be Deltan but STOP following me around. Onye Ara

5 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Donarozzi: 9:31pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

Sharrrrap.

My boss is from anioma and wud neva accept being addressed as an ibo man

Anioma is Igbo just like Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, etc. Igbo leaders must endeavour to include Anioma Igbo area and Rivers Igbo area into the South-East region. Once we bring our brothers back into the general Igbo fold, they will be very proud of their Igbo identity. This can be achieved through state creation and boundary adjustment. Igbo leaders must reason in a sensible manner and declare it as a priority that all Igbo communities in Delta state (Anioma) and Rivers state will be part of the South-East region, and we should work diligently to achieve this purpose. First and foremost, if Nigeria implements fiscal federalism, all Igbo communities can be grouped together in one geopolitical region through boundary adjustment. However, if fiscal federalism is not implemented soon, Igbo leaders must insist on the creation of one more state for the South-East, and that new state must be Anioma for the South-East.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 21, 2015
all these empty headed fellas on Nairaland,creation of an ethnic group is an organic process and not a political process.
Nigeria government did not create igbo ethnic and cannot tell us where Igboland ends.before the creation of SE,Igboland exceeds beyond the present SE

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by cjrane: 10:18pm On May 21, 2015
Useless thread!

Is there a time we didn't know Efik, Ijaw, Urhobo, or ibibio etc were not Igbo?

Why this useless thread from a Yoruba to remind us people in the south south aren't Igbo?

I guess the next thread by op is that people in SW aren't Igbo. As if we didn't know that already.
grin
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 21, 2015
The Ikwerre people are of Nigerian Igbo
extraction. This is an unnecessarily debated point
which has no economical or present-day relevance.
Scholars believed the then Ikwerre dwellers refuted
their origin of being Igbo as an escape strategy
from the Nigerian Army during the Biafrian Civil War. A claim which was supported by Ikwerre
being recognized as a separate group only in the
Nigerian Constitution after the Civil war and in 1979.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by BlackTechnology: 10:21pm On May 21, 2015
disumusa:
Iam an hausa,the intrest of igbos in ss is the oil, ibos already obtaning,cheating,dominating,collecting land of south south, during the time of war thinking they've won biafra.

This propaganda failed the day you guys voted against Jonathan

Try another lie next time grin

6 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 21, 2015
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by 1shortblackboy: 11:18pm On May 21, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Oh pls! I adhere to the Roman calendar but that doesn't make me Catholic nor a Roman. I speak English as an adopted second language and for easy communication with the outside world but that doesn't make me an Englishman. A people can adopt alien language and cultures for different reasons, e.g colonization, trade, religious affiliation, slavery, immigration, survival, assimilation, etc.

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Nobody: 4:43am On May 22, 2015
disumusa:
Iam an hausa,the intrest of igbos in ss is the oil, ibos already obtaning,cheating,dominating,collecting land of south south, during the time of war thinking they've won biafra.

Yoruba man.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by GenIgrigi: 7:35am On May 22, 2015
nonaira:
Is the first guy trying to pretend he is from Asaba? Cause he shouted Asaba immediately when the operator talked about Igbo deniers and even before the nigg@ asked him a question. If the dude is claiming to be from Asaba, I sincerely, sincerely sincerely *10 doubt he is especially considering he said Ika and Agbors are igbos and called Igbo. Everybody knows Ika are the deniers within Delta state and have been clowned on that multiple times therefore, he most likely either Ika or Agbor trying to give us Asaba people the denier reputation, just because we make fun of them. I want to make it known RIGHT NOW there have NEVER and will never be a denier within our group. If you doubt me, head to Asaba. Sh1t the Asagba is the biggest advocate of Igbo unity and currently the Eze of all Eze in Igboland.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200901261676.html

As you can see even the Asagba mentioned loudly "We are Igbo".

We even have celebrated Igbo day and held multiple events about Igbo in our territory. If we are deniers like the first dude tried to pass off, do you think we will allow such in our land?
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/Masterweb/ndigbo-celebrates-igbo-day-asaba-delta-state-fanfare
http://igbolive.com/igbos-in-nollywood-to-hold-film-festival-awards-in-asaba/

Ralph Uwachue, ex-ohaneze leader was from Ogwashi-Uku. Though Ogwashi is not part of Asaba but their territory is right next to us therefore, our behavior tend to rub off them so I am going to use them them to represent us this time around.

Ngozi Oknjo Iweala is from Ogwashi-uku and a proud Igbo no be so?
Nneka, the musician, is from Asaba and a proud Igbo no be so?
Lynxx, the musician, is from Asaba and a proud Igbo no be so?
Stella Damascus is from from Asaba and a proud Igbo no be so?
Peter Burnor is from Ogwashi uku and was a proud Igbo no be so?
Jay Jay Okocha is from Ogwashi-uku and a proud Igbo no be so?
Tinie Tempah is from Asaba and a proud Igbo no be so?

The dude on that video trying to make it look like we, Asabians, are deniers is a damn liar!!!!! He most likely an Ika man trying to give us bad reputation just because we laugh at their people because of the deniers within their group hence the reason the bastard tried to pass it off as if Ika are non-deniers while we are the deniers.

We have never been deniers and there are no deniers within our people. The ika bastard should mind himself ooo. Who even gave the bastard microphone.

As for SE Igbo, I don tire for una. I seriously don tire for una. I've lost count how many times all delta igbo on this forum have told you people, myself included, that yes the deniers exist but their population is minority. Yet you want to make up your own mind. Even on the video, you asked just 2 people (a very small percentage) and even then on the video one is a denier and the other is not yet ironically enough you people emphasized on the denier rather than the non-denier. Seriously we don tire for una. If you people like believe the entire Delta North are deniers. Who gives a flying f2k anymore. You guys obviously have made up una mind and spreading whatever BS una like to justify una logic and you "real igbo vs. fake igbo" mentality. F2king continue.

**grins** One naira, even the yoruba know that anybody with an Igbo name from rivers and delta is an Igbo. These same yorubas refer to anybody after Ore as Igbos. Even Edos and Calabar. Wait till Rachibuike Ramechi contests for presidency. You 'll hear screams of omo ibo! omo ibo no! lol
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by GenIgrigi: 7:53am On May 22, 2015
nonaira:

Community Development in Owa Kingdom by Efeizomor II (Obi of Owa)
https://books.google.co.uk/books?ei=asn0TfnfJY2q8AOL_IiwBw&ct=result&id=WXouAQAAIAAJ&hl=en

Unfortunately the www.ndi-owa.com is down so the other statement I want to copy and past is nomore. Luckily, someone else did posted it on this website as far 2012 when the website was still active.

Equally go and read Anioma: Resolving the Identity Crisis by Obi Charles Anyasi of Idumuje unor where he loudly attested that they are of Igbo descendant and not Edo as some try to pass.

That's why they are call deniers you illiterate. They are currently battling individuals identity crisis. Ewu!!

Like I said, you can turn their spokesperson if you so wish cause I know how desperate you want to be Deltan but STOP following me around. Onye Ara

**grins** One naira hammering yorumbas with Facts and figures as usual. lol
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by GenIgrigi: 7:55am On May 22, 2015
finniblinks:
all these empty headed fellas on Nairaland,creation of an ethnic group is an organic process and not a political process.
Nigeria government did not create igbo ethnic and cannot tell us where Igboland ends.before the creation of SE,Igboland exceeds beyond the present SE

**grins** Very succint, Igboland existed before Nigeria, and will outlive Nigeria.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Ellashow: 8:55am On May 22, 2015
Gr8amechi:
baba calm down, I have a Yoruba man that stay in my home town before I was born most of the children answer my native name, he belongs to a family now in my village, does that make him from my village?? like his next 2 generations would claim they are from my place though they know their true root, names and culture don't make you belong to a tribe in these modern day, if now why are you Igbo and bear a biblical name or does wearing English wear make you English??

Most of ibos in Lagos are now giving their children Yoruba names, so are they now Yoruba?
Some people just comments with tribal hatred just like the guy you quoted.

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by fr3do(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2015
sebali:

Dis homework is 4 u.
Look 4 an Asaba man and address him as an ibo man and pls note in hw many seconds it takes him to refute it and say "I am an Asaba Man".

A man from Onitsha is also not Igbo, he is an Onitsha man if I should reason the way you do.

A man from Aba is also not igbo, he is an Aba man.

'Igbo' as used contemporarily refers to Igbos in the less than 40 year old south eastern states.

Before these artificial boundaries were made, The Asaba man was as Igbo as anybody else only that he was influenced by Bini while the 'Igbo' had influence from the Efik and Anang.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by oboy3(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2015
Ellashow:

Most of ibos in Lagos are now giving their children Yoruba names, so are they now Yoruba?
Some people just comments with tribal hatred just like the guy you quoted.
@bolded,bros u can lie ooo

give examples pls,no igboman gives his children yoruba names except the case the mother of the children is yoruba

lai mohammed
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by fr3do(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2015
oboy3:

give examples pls,no igboman gives his children yoruba names except the case the mother of the children is yoruba

lai mohammed

My cousin whose mum, my aunt is Ukwuani while his dad is yoruba, has an Igbo first name.

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by fr3do(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

See gbege!
Ikas and Ukwuani are not ibos! Get a life, will you?

You fail!
My dad is from Ika, my mom Ukwuani
But I and my siblings all have Igbo first names.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Litmus: 9:58am On May 22, 2015
So many Ghana people live there too,huh, no wonder I'm beginning to see ugly looking Igob's - a rare phenomenon once. lipsrsealed

That 100m guy, whats his name, oh yeah, Ogho-Oghene Egwero, looks so Ghanaian. All of which goes to recommend the thought that people may bear Igbo names or English names for that matter, even speak the languages and still not be Igbo or white-men.

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Ellashow: 10:27am On May 22, 2015
oboy3:

lai mohammed

Do your research and disprove this, no need of insult.
I'm a sister

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Ellashow: 10:28am On May 22, 2015
oboy3:

lai mohammed

I'm actually a sister, bro!

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by oboy3(m): 11:16am On May 22, 2015
Ellashow:

I'm actually a sister, bro!
no insults intended,but am igbo and live in Lagos and never have i have seen a full-blooded igbo parent give their child yoruba names,names don finish for igbo language or what? Plsssssssssssssssss
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Ellashow: 11:26am On May 22, 2015
oboy3:
no insults intended,but am igbo and live in Lagos and never have i have seen a full-blooded igbo parent give their child yoruba names,names don finish for igbo language or what? Plsssssssssssssssss

I'm not saying as their first name but part of their names, especially name like oluwa this, oluwa that...just to honour God in another language.
My friend two kids have yoruba names and they are full blown Igbo. No need of explaining further. Have a pleasant weekend
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by DiademSh07: 11:26am On May 22, 2015
fr3do:

You fail!
My dad is from Ika, my mom Ukwuani
But I and my siblings all have Igbo first names.
No, you fail!
No ukwuani/Ika calls his/herself igbo, my kwale female friend mostly says delta ibo whenever she just want to be simple in explaining her identity. However, she always affirm that she's no ibo!
It's either you're an igbodo part of ika or none at all.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by christopher123(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

No, you fail!
No ukwuani/Ika calls his/herself igbo, my kwale female friend mostly says delta ibo whenever she just want to be simple in explaining her identity. However, she always affirm that she's no ibo!
my wife is from obaruku kwale..she calls her self IBO from delta ..me I am IBO frm imo
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by christopher123(m): 1:30pm On May 22, 2015
Ellashow:

I'm not saying as their first name but part of their names, especially name like oluwa this, oluwa that...just to honour God in another language.
My friend two kids have yoruba names and they are full blown Igbo. No need of explaining further. Have a pleasant weekend

Lies

It's not possible unless one if the parentss are Yoruba ...what will an igbo man name his kids Yoruba name

The greatest lie of the century goes to you
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by disumusa: 3:25pm On May 22, 2015
Ibo never love osu,trying to love ss because of oil and other selfish intrest
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by disumusa: 3:46pm On May 22, 2015
Yoruba have nothing like,osu,slave, or settler,waawa,rabisi,ofu like igbo. All these state are places you can see yoruba as an indigen lagos,oyo,osun,kwara,ekiti,kogi,ekiti,ondo,edo, itsekiri delta.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by disumusa: 3:54pm On May 22, 2015
Yoruba have nothing like,osu,slave, or settler,waawa,rabisi,ofu like igbo. All these state are places you can see yoruba as an indigen lagos,oyo,osun,kwara,kogi,ekiti,ondo,edo, itsekiri delta.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by fr3do(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

No, you fail!

You fail again!
My hometown is in present day Edo state but I and my people still consider ourselves Igbo.
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by fr3do(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2015
Ellashow:

Impossible! You are a liar!
It is only yoruba people that answer igbo names not the other way round.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is How A Leader Speaks With Pride About His Nation At The UN / Nigerian Police Repossess Divisional Police Headquarters Orsu Imo State From UGM / Sng To Hold Another Rally On Saturday, January 21 At Ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.