Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates (9392 Views)

Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc / On Biafra And Lower Niger / The Lower Niger Congress! Have A Feel Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by sebali: 2:29pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Just make sure your vote counts bro.
When the time comes, cote NO.

Like always, I insist it is very possible, to express your opinion, without calling people names.
I commend u 4 attacking d issue rada dan attack personality.
Back 2 d issue..... Who elected dis so called lower Niger congress and who gives dem right to conduct a referendum?

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=dekdek post=33959151][

The Danish cartoon riots in Nigeria was not under Jonathan.

Which military are you talking about?
The same military that was aiding Boko Haram?

Bros, the decision on whether we shall a referendum or not does not depend on Nigeria.
Perhaps, you are not aware there is a case in Nigeria between Nigeria and Biafra?
Do you know that Biafra was paid damages by Nigeria for not appearing in court?

This is not 1966 bro.

We have the right to self determination. The sooner you settle that in your mind, the better.
/quote]
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

I commend u 4 attacking d issue rada dan attack personality.
Back 2 d issue..... Who elected dis so called lower Niger congress and who gives dem right to conduct a referendum?

Why should I attack personality instead of the issue on ground?
Everybody is equally entitled to their opinions. We must not see it the same way.

back to your question.
Every movement would surely have leaders.
When Asari led his NDVF, who elected him

For now, the LNC is just a movement.
They are consulting with the people that matter.

Apart from the LNC, are you aware a Biafran Group is attending a UN meeting next month?
Even if the peoples of the Niger Delta insist they stay in Nigeria, it wont stop our Biafran movement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:
1. Rejection of the 1999 Constitution as the basic legal framework for the continued existence of the country as a single entity.

2. A mandate for the production of a charter that would bind together all the language groups in the Lower Niger as equal partners in a proposed federation of the Lower Niger.

3. A mandate for the conduct of a referendum, as it was done in Scotland against the United Kingdom, to determine the continued existence of the two zones with the other parts of the country.

4. A call for a referendum proposing that an Asset Protection and Guarantee Scheme should be put in place to take an inventory of the assets of the people of the Lower Niger and ensure adequate compensation in case of any displacement.

5. A recall of its elected representatives at the Federal Capital City, Abuja and whoever may be so appointed for consultations, warning that whoever contravened the order does so as it his/her own risk.

Fully supported. Fully supported!
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by dekdek: 2:46pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=noblezone post=33959403][/quote]

Was Jonah-daft not part of the rulingelite when it happened? Even if it didn't happen when he was there what did he do to perpetrators when he became head?
The same military that became pussies under Jonah-daft leadership. They were never like this. Now that he is going, the glory of our military is fast returning.
Yes it does. Even the Scotland referendum u talked about was approved first by Westminster before it held.
The Nass must approved unless whatever u do will be nothing but a wasted and inconsequential exercise.
Abegii free me with that biafran fraud.
What u all should be calling for is an SNC which is achievable and not these demands that won't even happen.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by joeyfire(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

Instead of disproving my statement u resulted 2 ur only escape ruth; Abuse.

For ur Info I am a Proud Edo boi.
And i will rada die dan join Biafra.

Abeg who be ruth? Who get time to respond to every uninformed post one sees on the web?

According to u the oil in imo state is "small" and the anambra oil is in "igara land" and u expect a dignified response

Smh
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 21, 2015
rman:
Do these people with secessionist agenda go out at all?

All I see are normal Nigerians going about their daily live only to log onto nairaland and see forumites promoting secession.

Every normal person from the SS/SE should do more than just living their daily lives. The issues at stake are very critical.

Like the OP, it's more than a reaction to GEJ's defeat. It's time to wake up and look well into the future
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by atlwireles: 2:50pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Are you from the South South?
If you are, better talk to your people now, because the President of the Lower Niger Congress, is from South South.

Please keep spreading your message, don't allow them drag you into an ethnic war. That's their default position.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 21, 2015
rman:
Do these people with secessionist agenda go out at all?

All I see are normal Nigerians going about their daily live only to log onto nairaland and see forumites promoting secession.

Every normal person from the SS/SE should do more than just living their daily lives. The issues at stake are very critical. Only myopic people go about their abnormal businesses when their future is designed to be bleak.

Like the OP, it's more than a reaction to GEJ's defeat. It's time to wake up and look well into the future
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by atlwireles: 2:51pm On May 21, 2015
joeyfire:

Abeg who be ruth? Who get time to respond to every uninformed post one sees on the web?

According to u the oil in imo state is "small" and the anambra oil is in "igara land" and u expect a dignified response

Smh

Don't play into their hands.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Every normal person from the SS/SE should do more than just living their daily lives. The issues at stake are very critical. Only myopic people go about their abnormal businesses when their future is designed to be bleak.

And even if for any reason it is a reaction to GEJ's defeat, is not better than hacking people to death?
We all knew what happened in 2011.

Buhari lost, we die. GEJ lost, and there is peace.

Nigerians are shameless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Meiji(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

The former Eastern Region, now called South South and South East

Then it doesn't cover Edo and Delta states.

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 21, 2015
atlwireles:

Please keep spreading your message, don't allow them drag you into an ethnic war. That's their default position.

Every hand must be on deck.
We must educate our people that we are not Nigerians.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

And even if for any reason it is a reaction to GEJ's defeat, is not better than hacking people to death?
We all knew what happened in 2011.

Buhari lost, we die. GEJ lost, and there is peace.

Nigerians are shameless.

Not only shameless, but also hypocrites. Nauseating hypocrites.

The Lower Niger Congress has all my support.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by atlwireles: 2:59pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Every hand must be on deck.
We must educate our people that we are not Nigerians.

Education is the watch word, people need information desperately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 21, 2015
[email][/email]
atlwireles:

Education is the watch word, people need information desperately.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 21, 2015
Meiji:

Then it doesn't cover Edo and Delta states.

The igbo man that led the so called "Igbo coup" of 1966 was from Delta State.
Col Joe Achuzia one of the leaders of Biafra and LNC is from Delta State.

As much as we are not forcing anybody, if any our people in Delta State want to come along, please dont stop them.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by PedroJP(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

See as tribalism has finished u.
So u knew d truth but exempted Zik in ur first post and placed all d blame on Luggard.

If ibos sincerely want out of Nigeria, u pple shud tak ur 5 landlocked states and leave SS out of it.
Beliv me, shud u agree 2 tak only ur landlocked states nobody wud stop u, rather d nation wud celebrate ur departure.

So, what are you afraid of ? Has anyone dragged SS to join the Biafran agitation or are u afraid that they will join on their own ? Why would u want to keep SS, to continue ur xploitation, right ? Tell urself the truth, ur problem is not that Biafrans wanna go with SS but SS would equally want out.

Yoruba like u.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Meiji(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

The igbo man that led the so called "Igbo coup" of 1966 was from Delta State.
Col Joe Achuzia one of the leaders of Biafra and LNC is from Delta State.

As much as we are not forcing anybody, if any our people in Delta State want to come along, please dont stop them.

I actually do believe that the long-term interests of the SE and SS are aligned. Unlike you, however, I believe that association should be economic, not political.

If you invest sufficiently in human capital and infrastructure (say for the next 20 years) the region may become sufficiently richer than the rest of the country, then you'll be in a position to dictate terms and get a fair deal from the Nigerian state. Until then, forget secession because an oil-dependent Nigeria will NEVER grant it.

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by PedroJP(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

D oil in Imo is not evn as much as dat in Ondo or Edo. Den d oil in Anambra is on Igara soil.

If u say it aint 4 d oil, den plss leave d south south alone.
What do guys need us for so badly u cant stop dragging us into ur SE struggle.

Pls don't call urself a SSner, once we separate ur part of edo will definitely go back to Yoruba.

Thank You very much.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 21, 2015
Meiji:

I actually do believe that the long-term interests of the SE and SS are aligned. Unlike you, however, I believe that association should be economic, not political.

If you invest sufficiently in human capital and infrastructure (say for the next 20 years) the region may become sufficiently richer than the rest of the country, then you'll be in a position to dictate terms and get a fair deal from the Nigerian state. Until then, forget secession because an oil-dependent Nigeria will NEVER grant it.

it is not left for Nigeria to grant.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Meiji(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

it is not left for Nigeria to grant.

Like someone earlier in the thread, Westminster had to give the green light before the Scottish referendum could take place. Have you read about the drama in Spain over the government's refusal to grant the Catalonians their request for a similar referendum?

There's no way you can have a referendum without approval from Abuja (and you can be sure that won't happen).

In any case, my earnest desire is a restructuring of this country to make it fairer to its constituent parts. And that won't happen until oil runs out.

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by kenny987(f): 3:30pm On May 21, 2015
I have always spoken for regional development moreso now than ever. It is better for the SE Governors and leaders and on a wider scale the entire lower Niger to look inwards and start ensuring regional viability on all fronts. We can do it! The geographical spread has not changed and when we were on our own, we survived without the oil. Oil should be seen as an easy way of achieving what we have to rather than a right to laziness!
Now that we have found a semblance of unity on the political front it should not be seen as a loss, rather we should exploit it to our advantage such that the region becomes the envy of all, sought after by many both within and without. Our sons and daughters will comfortably come home because the environment is favourable. Then, the call for a secession will become even more effective because the persons to participate in said referendum will actually be persuaded by the prospects and idea cos right now, the division will be too much. Our leaders need to decide to deal corruption a deadly blow on the State level, focus on their region and jointly develop same while not going to sleep on what is rightfully ours within this poisonous mix called Nigeria. The fact remains that the incessant stealing and poor development is down to greed and nothing else cos people in position want to grab it all and do nothing! I'd rather you carry out a project that should cost 100 Naira for Ten thousand Naira but make sure it is solid while u pocket the rest than to pad figures, steal and still do a shoddy job! That is the height of evil! The best still remains absolute honesty and clean profits!
When we have come to this point or are well on our way to it, then Biafra will rise to fall no more. Even if Biafra delays in becoming a reality, we would have achieved a real home for us.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 21, 2015
Meiji:

Like someone earlier in the thread, Westminster had to give the green light before the Scottish referendum could take place. Have you read about the drama in Spain over the government's refusal to grant the Catalonians their request for a similar referendum?

There's no way you can have a referendum without approval from Abuja (and you can be sure that won't happen).

In any case, my earnest desire is a restructuring of this country to make it fairer to its constituent parts. And that won't happen until oil runs out.

Then Abuja will be forced to grant it

Not with violence anyway.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by la1(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2015
what are the names of the agitators for this LNC? who are the physical individuals behind these post election loss calls?

3 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 21, 2015
la1:
what are the names of the agitators for this LNC? who are the physical individuals behind these post election loss calls?

When the time comes you shall know them.

I cant tell you that Col Achuzia (one of Ojuwkwu's deputy from Delta State) is heavily involved.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Meiji(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Then Abuja will be forced to grant it

Not with violence anyway.

Lol... the Nigerian state only understands two languages, violence and sharing of money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by sebali: 3:55pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Why should I attack personality instead of the issue on ground?
Everybody is equally entitled to their opinions. We must not see it the same way.

back to your question.
Every movement would surely have leaders.
When Asari led his NDVF, who elected him

For now, the LNC is just a movement.
They are consulting with the people that matter.

Apart from the LNC, are you aware a Biafran Group is attending a UN meeting next month?
Even if the peoples of the Niger Delta insist they stay in Nigeria, it wont stop our Biafran movement.

I am aware of d UN Biafran visit.
Lik u said it shud be a choice of SS weda to follow or not to follow SE.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by sebali: 3:57pm On May 21, 2015
PedroJP:

Pls don't call urself a SSner, once we separate ur part of edo will definitely go back to Yoruba.

Thank You very much.

I wud rada go with yoruba or evn hausas dan go with d Ibos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by atlwireles: 3:59pm On May 21, 2015
“[Large countries'] patriotism is different: they are buoyed by their glory, their importance, their universal mission. The Czechs loved their country not because it was glorious but because it was unknown; not because it was big but because it was small and in constant danger. Their patriotism was an enormous compassion for their country.”
― Milan Kundera

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 21, 2015
Meiji:

Lol... the Nigerian state only understands two languages, violence and sharing of money.

Bros, there is a case in court between Biafra and Nigeria,

ARe you are that Nigerian has paid some damages to Biafra in that court?
Just relax, th best is yet to come.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

I am aware of d UN Biafran visit.
Lik u said it shud be a choice of SS weda to follow or not to follow SE.

some parts of the SS will not agree, but I can assure some surely will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Pledges Nigeria's Support For South Sudan / Ifedayo Abegunde Mobilises APC Members For Akeredolu's Reelection / Buhari: We Borrow To Finance Budget Because Of Dwindling Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.