Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins (13801 Views)

Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? / 80,000 Bare-breasted Virgins Dance For King Of Swaziland (VIDEO) / Thousands Of Topless Swaziland's Virgins Dance For King To Celebrate Womanhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
KarmaMod:

why are you in denial of how things are? If such people didnt exist, women wouldnt be killed for such reasons or are they making all of that up too?

How many of these do you really know?
The western media sells us what they want to sell us. If a man dies in Guinea, the media will report it in such a way that you think everybody in Guines is dying. I have witnessed things in Nigeria reported on western news and was shocked at the amount of grieviousness with which such are reported when those things hardly move the people on the ground.

Karma,
just come inside now and let me quickly take your virginity before any other man takes it. I dont want any man to tamper with yours biko
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
michelin89:

Leave that guy abeg! He get problem. That one even fit deny something like Shoah because na him fellow man cause am!

At least, I didn't deny who your mother is. . . who come get the problem?
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

The western media sells us what they want to sell us. If a man dies in Guinea, the media will report it in such a way that you think everybody in Guines is dying. I have witnessed things in Nigeria reported on western news and was shocked at the amount of grieviousness with which such are reported when those things hardly move the people on the ground.

Karma,
just come inside now and let me quickly take your virginity before any other man takes it. I dont want any man to tamper with yours biko

Are you for real? This is appalling. Why won't injustice continue in the world when there are people like you who are always ready to deny everything evil act perpetuated on women? So because say I never see dead body then make i believe nobody dey die abi?
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by KarmaMod(f): 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2009
michelin89:

Leave that guy abeg! He get problem. That one even fit deny something like Shoah because na him fellow man cause am!

I just think it's weird that they think it's something all females are worried about. Most of those that do this is cos it's a do or die affair which is why it's a BIG thing in the middle east. But as usual the dorks assume it's something every girl wants to do *rolls eyes*

a few months ago, a 60 year old woman was celebrating her 25th marriage anniversary and she did the procedure just to be tight again for the night of anniversary. wonder what people have to say about that?  
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Ikomi(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
KarmaMod:

stilly, the boy seems to be psychotic. He randomly comes up with the weirdest crap

The way u sound u would have an abortion if need be, and if also need be u would not mind fertilisation for ur wrongdoings.  angry

Look at her weirdest crap (oyibo).

Nature has its cause and reasons believe it or not, if it was not meant to be don't force it.  

@Miche
No comment for today.  undecided

I must go

I hope I don't meet u here when I come back Karma. Can u imagine her name and she doesn't even believe in it.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

At least, I didn't deny who your mother is. . . who come get the problem?

Oh Bleep you and that bitch of your mother! How long are you going to continue with your stupidity? Did you even bother to read the crap you wrote up there? Denying that no woman has been killed because she wasn't a virgin? Denying that there is nothing as honor killing?

Insult my mother as much as you. I don't give a Bleep coz I'd rather be the daughter of bitch than be a bloody fool like you.

Tufiakwa!
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
michelin89:

Are you for real? This is appalling. Why won't injustice continue in the world when there are people like you who are always ready to deny everything evil act perpetuated on women? So because say I never see dead body then make i believe nobody dey die abi?

Tell me exactly where I stated or implied that nobody ever died or that it has never happened before! (Hopefully karma wont start jumping into things like the one-track minded wannabe independent women on NL)

I asked how many of such things have happened. Besides, how many of such has been reported that you know of or read about? Conjectures dont make up events. Conjectures only make matters worse as it makes some idiots contemplate nasty things.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2009
michelin89:

Oh Bleep you and that bitch of your mother! How long are you going to continue with your stupidity? Did you even bother to read the crap you wrote up there? Denying that no woman has been killed because she wasn't a virgin? Denying that there is nothing as honor killing?

Insult my mother as much as you. I don't give a Bleep coz I'd rather be the daughter of bitch than be a bloody fool like you.

Tufiakwa!

You are mistaken again. I did not say you should not be proud of who your mother is. I was just reminding you.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by KarmaMod(f): 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2009

So the statistics showing the many women leaving these countries to escape being killed. Some are even killed here in the West by the families. All lies cos you say so?
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by KarmaMod(f): 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
Osisi perhaps you can translate ikomi's gibberish for me.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

You are mistaken again. I did not say you should not be proud of who your mother is. I was just reminding you.

I have told I don't give a Bleep so get of my case and focus on the topic. I hate when people use such dodgy and disrespectful means to evade from a discussion. Is it that you don't repute me be to be worthy of your consideration? Just say it out and I won't bother questioning you again. I like debating and I am sure I'll find a lot people who are ready to take part in an honest share of opinions with me.

This forum didn't start with you and it won't end with you.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by debosky(m): 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

Tell me exactly where I stated or implied that nobody ever died or that it has never happened before! (Hopefully karma wont start jumping into things like the one-track minded wannabe independent women on NL)

I asked how many of such things have happened. Besides, how many of such has been reported that you know of or read about? Conjectures dont make up events. Conjectures only make matters worse as it makes some idiots contemplate nasty things.
Young man you are being clever by half - the import of your post (clear to anyone with half a brain cell) is that the problem is not really one as such, and is likely a creation of the media. Such a statement can be rightly interpreted as a denial of the existence of the problem.

If you bothered to research even briefly, you would know that is a SERIOUS problem.

Your disregard for women is obvious, if not you wouldn't so casually refer to a person's mother in derogatory fashion.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2009
debosky:

Young man you are being clever by half - the import of your post (clear to anyone with half a brain cell) is that the problem is not really one as such, and is likely a creation of the media. Such a statement can be rightly interpreted as a denial of the existence of the problem.

If you bothered to research even briefly, you would know that is a SERIOUS problem.

[size=15pt]Your disregard for women is obvious[/size], if not you wouldn't so casually refer to a person's mother in derogatory fashion.

You sef don talk am!
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Sapphic: 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

nah nah nah

@ debosky, it still boils down to one thing. If women feel so liberated, why do they feel the need to decieve men with virginity? I am not referring to anyone whose life might be at stake as a result (I'm sure thats an extreme possibility you included to buttress your argument).

If a woman's life is not at risk for not being a virgin and she decides, that she should have such an operation in order to please a man, she is inadvertently saying that she is bowing to the man's wishes (although deceptively). Whichever way you look at it, a woman who claims to be extremely independent should never be doing this. This is nothing but an admission of being subject to the desires of a man.

Unfortunately your argument is flawed. Let us ignore the life threat issue (which alongside psychological concerns has actually been recorded as the predominant reason for carrying out this hymen operation), a woman doing an operation to "please" a man does not amount to an admission that she is subject to the desires of a man. Not at all; it is an admission however that she is aware that in as much as the world has moved on in leaps and bounds, we are still far from sexual uhuru and men still dominate things. Thus, such women from those cultures have found what they consider is the perfect solution in these present times i.e. carry on exactly as they wish and let the fool who cannot handle this fact (who wants a virgin) think otherwise. In other words, they are eating their cake and having it too. If they were "subject[ing]" themselves to the "desires" of men, they will not have had any pre-marital sex whatsoever. It is done in much the same manner like lots of female teenagers back in Naija have sex but actively promote an image or a front of innocence and virginity to their parents, because they know that being that way pleases their parents and their lives would be much pleasant if those parents were kept in their little cuckoo world. The fact that those girls hide their active sexual lives from their parents or overtly deceive them does not stop them being much more liberated than their counterparts a century ago. Would you say that those men who have affairs and children out of wedlock and hide this from their wives are "subjecting" themselves to the desires of their wives because they have lied and gone to great painful lengths to be deceptive about these affairs and children? Surely, the very proposition is ludicrous. It is basically the same principle when women talk to their boyfriends or husbands about their past sexual partners i.e. So many men cannot handle large numbers, so the women cut the figure down. If the guys continue to have ridiculous expectations and/or can't handle the truth, they will continue to be fed lies until women achieve equality in all aspects of life.

Thus, at the end of the day, these women are operating in mainly uncharted waters and have found a way to circumvent the nuisance of some men's ridiculous requests or the expectations of virginity as a badge to be worn. These women (from those nationalities that are affected) can have it all, they can sleep with whosoever they like, yet marry someone respectable that they want to (who though he is more than likely to have shagged about himself, does not want his wife to have done so) So the man wants a hymen? For goodness sake give him one. LOL grin (How ridiculous is it asking for a certificate? Jeez).
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Ikomi(m): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
KarmaMod:

Osisi perhaps you can translate ikomi's gibberish for me.

I would very much plead to you not to be insulting but argue constructively, and if your argument is good enough be sure I would accept it.

What do u see as right and what do u see as wrong? Thats a question I would answer straight away, before u brand me as psychothic.

Any action that is taking for the societal good either it be in the field of science, art or politics in my view is good.

Anything that does not conform to this societal good is invariably incorrigible.

1. I don't see virginity restoration doing the society any good. Its just a selfish move by an individual to please a selfish if not a senseless interest.

2. Breast implant I also see in this light. Give me one good societal good a breast implant does.

3. Fertilization, there is always a clamor that some people are dying of hunger. Tell me why not feed those hungry mouth, rather than a research to satisfy one woman's desire. When I say cloning Miche, Mussolini, Idi Amin and Hitler. Situations u are born into could make u do very terrible things, as a consequence. If u know at least the story of Hitler.

4. Cloning. I dont even want to talk about that.

5. I only condone abortion in the case of rape. But for any other reason its down right stupid. Everyone should know the consequence of there action before they even get into it.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2009
debosky:

Your disregard for women is obvious, if not you wouldn't so casually refer to a person's mother in derogatory fashion.

Young man, your denial is undisguised.
Which research have you conducted and how many know people who have been so treated? Answer simple question and you come up with conjectures. I bet you're one of those people who will ask for figures and evidence if someone was to make a statement that you dont agree with. You are obviously uncomfortable when such are requested for things you believe in.

Since you seem to be in the habit jumping into anything as long as women are concerned, care to tell what you have done for the women that is so fantastic other than to try and make everyone else believe that women are always right even when things are obviously unsubstamtiated and sometime daft.

The person's mother has to be in my age bracket and since she thought it right to insult me, I will insult the person i know in her family that is in my age bracket.

if you will stop poking your nose into things the genesis of which you dont understand, it might help you a little in the real world. the world does not start and end with internet forums.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

Which research have you conducted and how many know people who have been so treated? Answer simple question and you come up with conjectures. I bet you're one of those people who will ask for figures and evidence if someone was to make a statement that you dont agree with. You are obviously uncomfortable when such are requested for things you believe in.

Since you seem to be in the habit jumping into anything as long as women are concerned, care to tell what you have done for the women that is so fantastic other than to try and make everyone else believe that women are always right even when things are obviously unsubstamtiated and sometime daft.

The person's mother has to be in my age bracket and since she thought it right to insult me, I will insult the person i know in her family that is in my age bracket.

if you will stop poking your nose into things the genesis of which you dont understand, it might help you a little in the real world. the world does not start and end with internet forums.

They call that act of cowardliness in my town. You know they aren't here to defend themselves. Continue, doh!

Your age group my foot!
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by SisiJinx: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
debosky:

[center] [/center]
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ Sisi

You are late ooo!
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
Sapphic:

Unfortunately your argument is flawed. Let us ignore the life threat issue (which alongside psychological concerns has actually been recorded as the predominant reason for carrying out this hymen operation), a woman doing an operation to "please" a man does not amount to an admission that she is subject to the desires of a man. Not at all; it is an admission however that she is aware that in as much as the world has moved on in leaps and bounds, we are still far from sexual uhuru and men still dominate things. Thus, such women from those cultures have found what they consider is the perfect solution in these present times i.e. carry on exactly as they wish and let the fool who cannot handle this fact (who wants a virgin) think otherwise. In other words, they are eating their cake and having it too. If they were "subject[ing]" themselves to the "desires" of men, they will not have had any pre-marital sex whatsoever. It is done in much the same manner like lots of female teenagers back in Naija have sex but actively promote an image or a front of innocence and virginity to their parents, because they know that being that way pleases their parents and their lives would be much pleasant if those parents were kept in their little cuckoo world. The fact that those girls hide their active sexual lives from their parents or overtly deceive them does not stop them being much more liberated than their counterparts a century ago. Would you say that those men who have affairs and children out of wedlock and hide this from their wives are "subjecting" themselves to the desires of their wives because they have lied and gone to great painful lengths to be deceptive about these affairs and children? Surely, the very proposition is ludicrous. It is basically the same principle when women talk to their boyfriends or husbands about their past sexual partners i.e. So many men cannot handle large numbers, so the women cut the figure down. If the guys continue to have ridiculous expectations and/or can't handle the truth, they will continue to be fed lies until women achieve equality in all aspects of life.

Thus, at the end of the day, these women are operating in mainly uncharted waters and have found a way to circumvent the nuisance of some men's ridiculous requests or the expectations of virginity as a badge to be worn. These women (from those nationalities that are affected) can have it all, they can sleep with whosoever they like, yet marry someone respectable that they want to (who though he is more than likely to have shagged about himself, does not want his wife to have done so) So the man wants a hymen? For goodness sake give him one. LOL grin (How ridiculous is it asking for a certificate? Jeez).

I understand your argument. However, I have a question for you. . . are you in support of armed robbery?

If there's something that society frowns upon and you live in that society, are you not better off leaving?

What happens in most cases is that a news reporter gets information about a strange that that someone has done and then they report it as what everyone does. Most people thought every woman in Afghanistan did not want to wear that veil that they cover their faces with. however, most of them in Western countries still insist on wearing those veils. my point is that most of these things are about making mountains out of mole hills.

The only way I can support a woman who does this operation is if her life were to be endangered.

B T W -The fact that men lie to their wives about external relationships makes them subject to their wives as well.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Sisi killer, when will you have your operation to retore your hymen?
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

I understand your argument. However, I have a question for you. . . are you in support of armed robbery?

If there's something that society frowns upon and you live in that society, are you not better off leaving?

What happens in most cases is that a news reporter gets information about a strange that that someone has done and then they report it as what everyone does. Most people thought every woman in Afghanistan did not want to wear that veil that they cover their faces with. however, most of them in Western countries still insist on wearing those veils. my point is that most of these things are about making mountains out of mole hills.

The only way I can support a woman who does this operation is if her life were to be endangered.

B T W -The fact that men lies to their wives about external relationships makes them subject to their wives as well.

It does not because it's not their right as married men to have affairs. So they aren't doing anything to be proud of, thus the need to lie about it. The case of a woman lying about her virginity can't be compared to that of a man's infidelity. They aren't even on the same level and should never be.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by SisiJinx: 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
Micheline, mama always said Silence is the best answer for a fool.

Don't dignify his uncouth remarks with an answer ok. He's claimed over and over again he is older than people here. . . Methuselah, he'll have us believe he is, yet there is no evidence of it in the manner he acts.

Apart from that, how do you argue with someone who think if it doesn't happen in his presence, if he doesn't do it. . . it does not exist?! It's impossible!

Seriously, Why do you waste your time with this kinda person?!!
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by SisiJinx: 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

@Sisi killer, when will you have your operation to retore your hymen?

Tee hee hee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You wanna watch?
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Micheline, mama always said Silence is the best answer for a fool.

Don't dignify his uncouth remarks with an answer ok. He's claimed over and over again he is older than people here. . . Methuselah, he'll have us believe he is, yet there is no evidence of it in the manner he acts.

Apart from that, how do you argue with someone who think if it doesn't happen in his presence, if he doesn't do it. . . it does not exist?! It's impossible!

Seriously, Why do you waste your time with this kinda person?!!

cry cry I won't again!
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by JustGood(m): 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Tee hee hee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You wanna watch?

I would have watched it the first time you did it. Its probably beyond restoration now
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by SisiJinx: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
michelin89:

cry cry I won't again!

Don't mean you can't laugh at him. . .  cheesy cheesy cheesy

He amuses me, he does. My image of him is that a teeny tiny man in an extra large clown costume, trying desperately to be taken seriously as he trips over the big clown shoes. HILARIOUS!

I mean look at this. . .
JustGood:

I would have watched it the first time you did it. Its probably beyond restoration now

Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Busybody2(f): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2009
Furiously taking notes, hope my husband-to-be Debosky has not seen this thread, I have to notify the moderator to delete this disgusting thread angry before he sees it lipsrsealed

Now all I need to find out where to procure adoption certificates in Naija for my pickins, in order to complete my tear-rubber status cool Debosky is gonna be so proud of me that I am a fagin cheesy

Karmamod:
Best poster hands down.  kiss kiss kiss

You can compliment my hubby Debo's write-up as much as you like because he is too darned good, but do you have to blow him kisses too angry I joke with everything, but this is where I draw the line angry This is your last warning  angry angry angry grin

@ Sisicapone

Whaddup kiss Guess who's who again, people never learn sha undecided Neways they are men just like Justgood, so nothing fazes me about them anymore undecided
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Sauron1: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

This is hilarious. . . .and how do u know her mother MUST be in your age bracket??
Do u carry a spiritual carbon dating device in your pocket??

Back to the topic. . . . .What makes u think every woman lost their hymen to sexual intercourse.
According to some reports, some women were born without hymen.
How do u explain this?
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Busybody2(f): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2009
Sauron:
Biko. . . . . . .Gist me about this alum thingy.

A vagina washed with alum would be coarse, innit??
Won't it damage a man's weapon temporarily??

Sharon, I wanna learn too, but only because I love Debo and don't wanna harm his thingy and he loves me exercising my brain/thirsting for knowledge grin grin grin
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by Sapphic: 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
JustGood:

It is this type of your argument that tends to irritate lots of people including myself. Your analogy falls flat on its face, but let me treat it all the same. Do you know how many Nigerians for example want to and try to leave Nigeria? The same for Zimbabweans, Pakistanis etc? MILLIONS. I am sure you know that an escape route is not open to everyone. For goodness sake just a couple of months ago there was even a British resident medical doctor who was forcefully detained and married in Pakistan (or was it Bangladesh). . . she was threatened and held captive by her family, it was the intervention of the British authorities that helped secure her release. In the UK here, honour killings are carried out time after time. Girls even over here who have decided to leave their culture and try to embrace a western or different lifestyle (or boyfriend or husband), are sometimes hunted down and killed (sometimes the boyfriend is as well), so please do not belittle the trauma and danger that these people face just because it strikes a chord at your ego.

JustGood:

What are you on about? Who says MOST of them do? MOST if given a clear duress free choice do not want to. They might not mind covering their heads, but many have been opressed and threatened into submission. You need to follow Khaled Husseini and his works (not just his books, but his UN work too). He is an Afghan and often speaks of the injustice, opression etc that Afghan women go through, so abeg leave story.

JustGood:

B T W -The fact that men lies to their wives about external relationships makes them subject to their wives as well.

I believe the phrase you originally used was "subject to the DESIRES" of the opposite sex and "bowing to [their] wishes" and I can assure you that they most definitely ARE NOT, because it is not a wife's wish or desire that her husband goes frolicking with another woman and fathers bastards ouside.
Re: Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins by debosky(m): 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is hilarious. . . .and how do u know her mother MUST be in your age bracket??
Do u carry a spiritual carbon dating device in your pocket??

Back to the topic. . . . .What makes u think every woman lost their hymen to sexual intercourse.
According to some reports, some women were born without hymen.
How do u explain this?
This guy is something else!  cheesy Have you heard a more asinine reason for insulting someone's mother before?  

JustGood:

It is not my duty to educate you. If you are unable to do a simple internet search and find out more, I can't help you. If you are so 'comfortable' I challenge you - provide information/evidence that this is mere conjecture.
JustGood:

Must I do anything for women before I know that this craze for virginity is idiotic?  undecided What does that have to do with the issue at hand? Your predilection for going off on baseless tangents is worrying.
You expose yourself again - this is the TRUE import of your post. You think it is unsubstantiated.

JustGood:

If this is how you reason, you are in even worse shape than I thought.  sad
JustGood:

Tankyu sah! Kindly investigate the matter yourself and stop coming to internet forums seeking a free education.

Take some real world advice yourself - myopia is a severely limiting ailment, right up there alongside close-mindedness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. / Lagos Obas Canvass August 20 As Isese Day Holiday / IGEDE CULTURAL ATTIRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.