Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista (7889 Views)

The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / WIKE Influenced Supreme Court Judgment On Rivers Election --peterside / Dakuku Peterside Kneeling And Praying To GOD For Today's Victory (pix) And APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 21, 2015
When Dakuku Adol Peterside emerged the Governorship candidate of All Progressive Congress, a section of Riverians particularly from the riverine area were joyful. They were happy because their call to produce the next Governor of Rivers state after 16 years of leadership by the Upland is alive. In fact, the Riverine had supported Peter Odili from Ndoni in 1999 and 2003. Riverine supported Ikwerre son Celestine Omehia in the 2007 election against their own son and AC candidate Hon Tonye Princewill. Omehia won the poll, Amaechi would however dethrone him after a Supreme Court judgement had heeded Rotimi Amaechi's prayers. Nevertheless, the Riverine people along with brothers from Upland supported Rotimi Amaechi's administration in the 2011 Governorship election, and rejected ACN's Hon Abiye Sekibo.

The Call For Riverine Governor
At the run-up to 2015 Governorship election, it was clear that the Riverine demanded that a Riverine candidate succeed Amaechi. The PDP was/is the natural leading choice of the Rivers people. It was expected that the PDP give her flag to either of Hon Tonye Princewill or Senator George Sekibo. Nyesome Wike's interest to succeed Amaechi was seen as immoral and unacceptable to the Riverine people. After the PDP primaries, Nyesome Wike was declared Winner. Disappointed, the riverine turned to APC's candidate Hon Dakuku Adol Peterside.

The decision of majority riverine people was clear, PDP Dr. Goodluck Jonathan for President, APC Dakuku Peterside for Governor even among a section of PDP supporters.

The March 28 Event
On March 28 Rivers people went to the poll to vote for their candidates for the Presidential and National Assembly elections. Jonathan and PDP was the natural choice among many, PDP candidates in the NASS election in Rivers state benefitted from the benevolence shown to Goodluck Jonathan. Every Rivers indegen and residents irrespective of ethnic affiliation were determined to return Goodluck to power. People queued under the scotchy sun. Elderly people were not left out.

Dakuku's Drama/Treachery
Sensing that PDP and Goodluck Jonathan were sweeping the votes of Rivers state, Dakuku Peterside, his running mate, Peter Okocha, other APC chiefs and their paid touts staged drama in order to discredit the process. They alleged that there was NO ELECTION in Rivers state that INEC and PDP manufactured result. They called for cancellation of Rivers vote all to satisfy their masters outside the region. Peterside told both local and foreign press that “We are here to register our protest that there was no election in Rivers state yesterday (Saturday),”. By so doing, Dakuku

Dakuku Lost The Sympathy:
The post-election action of Dakuku Peterside pited him against the Rivers people including his riverine siblings. He not only portrayed Rivers state in bad light, he also denigrated the good people of the state that was hit by the Sun to cast their vote. He insulted them by calling for the cancellation of their collective will and spat on their fundamental right to vote for their choice. Dakuku became an enemy of the people.

Dakuku's Loss, Wike's Gain
Tears and emotion flowed as Jonathan was declared defeated in the Presidential election. The riverine section of Rivers state evaluated Hon Nyesom Wike, in him they saw a brother that stood by their Goodluck Jonathan through the thick and thin. The scale of "Riverine to produce next Governor" fell off. Wike though Ikwerre by blood, portrayed the existing bond and solidarity among the people of Rivers state. The Rivers state and Riverine embraced him, and to the Riverine people, a vote for Wike is a show of solidarity with Goodluck Jonathan and Dame Patience Jonathan. Wike became the true Son of Rivers state. Dakuku became the treacherous blood brother.

The Governorship election was held and the result in the riverine area and the entire Rivers state was a landslide win for the True Son of Rivers State Nyesome Wike. As expected, the treacherous Peterside rejected the Governorship result and said "voting never took place" in Rivers state. He has gone forward to challenge the will of the people, I wish him well in his goose chase. Finally, Rivers people are anxiously waiting for the inauguration of their Son and Governor-elect, Hon Nyesome Wike.

God Bless Rivers State
God Bless Lower Niger Region

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 21, 2015
my brother bakasi sorry barcanista

we the landlords of ph are very happy dat wike won

though i ddnt read ur ful gist but as long as i saw Wike's gain and dakukus loss it got my attention

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 21, 2015
Peterside And Supporters Dramatising to Disgrace Rivers State www.nairaland.com/attachments/2262896_img20150330121536_jpegc16c1a555d91af9a38d33a062c4df958

Pic 2: Dakuku Peterside, (middle) his running mate, Asita O. Asita (left) Sen. Magnus Abe (behind Dakuku) and Hon. Victor Giadom (right) and some supporters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:
my brother bakasi sorry barcanista

we the landlords of ph are very happy dat wike won

though i ddnt read ur ful gist but as long as i saw Wike's gain and dakukus loss it got my attention
Learn to READ before posting. I am equally happy that Nyesome Wike won.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:

tnk u sir

just dat i forgot my glasses
Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by bettercreature(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2015
Loosers lounge,...PDP=APGA

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Oklander: 5:55pm On May 21, 2015
Waka pass...

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by chamboy(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2015
Wike the Governor Banned from International Community I wonder how he plans to take the Oil state forward

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:

tnk u sir

just dat i forgot my glasses
I can get you another sir...
Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:
I can get you another sir...

pls do so

i will appreciate
Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 21, 2015
chamboy:
Wike the Governor Banned from International Community I wonder how he plans to take the Oil state forward
Uncle, are you the intenational community that banned Wike?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by chamboy(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:
Uncle, are you the intenational community that banned Wike?
Tell ur Uncle to apply for Australia, Canada, United Kingdom or united States Visa.

Make I turn Groundnut if dem give am

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by egift(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2015

See the lousy campaign materials PDP ran in Rivers State. The Hate campaign of demonizing fellow citizens just for power. And it is pathetic someone find it praise worthy.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 21, 2015
chamboy:
Tell ur Uncle to apply for Australia, Canada, United Kingdom or united States Visa.
Make I turn Groundnut if dem give am
Did the aforementioned countries or their representatives tell you that Wike has been banned from entering their respective country or you are saying this on their behalf?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 21, 2015
grin
Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by chamboy(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:
Did the aforementioned countries or their representatives tell you that Wike has been banned from entering their respective country or you are saying this on their behalf?
let him go der n clear my doubt abi

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by chamboy(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2015
egift:

See the lousy campaign materials PDP ran in Rivers State. The Hate campaign of demonizing fellow citizens just power. And it is pathetic someone find it praise worthy.
don't mind d deluded barcanista jare

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 21, 2015
chamboy:
let him go der n clear my doubt abi
In the course of his assignment he will travel to US and other countries when necessary. How can you dwell on propaganda when such wasn't publish in any of US Government website?

11 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by dinachi(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2015
Six months from now, it will be Dakukus gain and Wilkes loss! Pls somebody help me tell barcapoo that he who laughs last laughs the best. As for the chamelionic barcanista trust him to shift position again to Buharis side after the swearing in. He is just a political prostitute looking for relevance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:

Dakuku's Drama/Treachery
Sensing that PDP and Goodluck Jonathan were sweeping the votes of Rivers state, Dakuku Peterside, his running mate, Peter Okocha, other APC chiefs and their paid touts staged drama in order to discredit the process. They alleged that there was NO ELECTION in Rivers state that INEC and PDP manufactured result. They called for cancellation of Rivers vote all to satisfy their masters outside the region. Peterside told both local and foreign press that “We are here to register our protest that there was no election in Rivers state yesterday (Saturday),”.
God Bless Lower Niger Region[/i][/b]
Your subtitle seems different from the succeeding post though cause I didn't see how his action amounted to treachery.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 21, 2015
chamboy:
don't mind d deluded barcanista jare
Peterside is actually an enemy of Rivers people. His March 29 antics betrays him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 21, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Your subtitle seems different from the succeeding post though cause I didn't see where his action amounted to treachery.
oga you no read well abi?

Anyway, he's a "hero" to outsiders but a TRAITOR to Rivers and Lower Niger people.
Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Freelancer00(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2015
Its not over until its really over. Just imagine the tribunal making Dakuku the governor after the tribunal, you'll come back edit all this jargons. But seriously, I didn't find anything educative in your post other than trying to talk down Dakuku and Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 21, 2015
chamboy:
banned by who? Ur ancestors nii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by stebell(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2015
egift:

See the lousy campaign materials PDP ran in Rivers State. The Hate campaign of demonizing fellow citizens just for power. And it is pathetic someone find it praise worthy.

Are yu frm Rivers State?? If No then I suggest yu face ur state. Ode.

We wanted Wike and we got him.
@ Barcanista, truth be told. Even if GEJ had won, Wike wud still win. Yu kno why, Dakuku my kinsman was never popular among the electorate. He was banking on the fact that he was anointed by the Judas of Ubima and not the entire Rivers peeps.
I'm happy it happened the way it did.

I believe Wike is coming to wipe out the mess that Judas left behind in Rivers State.
And I read in a thread someone saying Amaechi was to best tin to happen to Rivers State.
Egoat, face ur state.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:
oga you no read well abi?

Anyway, he's a "hero" to outsiders but a TRAITOR to Rivers and Lower Niger people.
You call him a traitor for exercising his right? A traitor is a betrayer so I'm guessing you're giving him that name for not supporting a son of the Niger Delta or Lower Niger as you call it.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by egift(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2015
[s]
stebell:

@ Barcanista, truth be told. Even if GEJ had won, Wike wud still win. Yu kno why, Dakuku my kinsman was never popular among the electorate. He was banking on the fact that he was anointed by the Judas of Ubima and not the entire Rivers peeps.

I believe Wike is coming to wipe out the mess that Judas left behind in Rivers State.
And I read in a thread someone saying Amaechi was to best tin to happen to Rivers State.
Egoat, face ur state.
[/s]

#HateMonger

NEXT! grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by stebell(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

#HateMonger

NEXT! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yu hav a dumb president in the person of Buhari. Why not educate Nland on some of the campaign promises yu guys reeled out here prior to the election.

And ur party said we shudnt expect much frm them. I laff

Egoat, Where is ur brother the hater of the Ijaw race omenka??

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2015
barcanista:

And that's why u created this thread?? undecided

Why didnt u create this thread during the electioneering period?? undecided

When will u ever act matured for once??
Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by francizy(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2015
stebell:

Egoat, face ur state.

cool

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 21, 2015
stebell:

Egoat, face ur state.
You have a point on Dakuku banking on the "Judas of Ubima" and the "Riverine sentiment" but if he hadn't acted the way he did he wouldn't have lost so much sympathy especially from the riverine people. I know some people from the riverine area that saw Wike as a true brother and friend, and Peterside a traitor and enemy within after that drama. The drama not only sought to denigrate Rivers but to embarrass Goodluck Jonathan. As at today, you and I know that Peterside has sealed his political career in Rivers.

I am so happy that Wike won. His victory is a testament the Rivers is a united state and wÍll ever choose unity over treachery.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governorship Election: Peterside Loss, Wike's Gain- Barcanista by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
Thanks, Bro. It's indeed Wike's gain. It's even a bigger gain for the people of Rivers state. Never in my life had I witnessed such protest and sympathy votes as we're orchestrated by the good people of Rivers state.

But for the defection of Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside would have simply strolled into Government House, as it was the turn of the Riverine people to occupy the seat. Amaechi defected; Peterside lost. That's the way it is.

Amaechi was and is still tagged a traitor, a name I'm not in support since he simply exercised his conscience. The Riverine let go of their right, and supported the Hurricane Wike, an Upland candidate, to help clip some of the wings of Amaechi. Wike is the only man that could tame the lion of Ubima, and he did it well.

It's indeed Wike's gain.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra Is Gradually Gaining Grounds Beyond My Expectation! / Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner- Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.