Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? (3060 Views)

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? / How Much Is Nigeria Worth / Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by holyghost(m): 2:04am On Oct 16, 2005
Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? Give Your Reasons

in a country where leaders have become virtual enemies,
our future has been mortgaged to foreign shareholders and their likes
while they ask us to pray harder for God has a listening ears.

our youths are used as toughs during election sorry arranged selection process by paddy paddy families since 1960 to keep there birthright I suppose. shagari son now enjoy huge budget allocation in the name of water resources, day by day thing turn from bad to worst yet they say they should be giving leaders for life.

where is the hope for a good leader that we pray for?
my brother, my sister and Nigerians can you stake you precious life for Nigeria the giant of Africa now?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by salako: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2005
NO... because Nigeria like all countries is simply 'a plot of land'.
Anybody that is prepared to die for 'a plot of land' has little regard for their life.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by kissyspark(f): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2005
if u die for nigeria am sorry u will find urself in hell cos God himself will not forgive you
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by whocares: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2005
I'm sorry but Nigeria, as a nation or ideal, today...is soooo not worth dying for.

but

I think we are getting to a place where it will be worth fighting for

we continue to pray
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Odeku(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2005
you guys are all cowards and should be ashame of yourself. YES I WILL DIE for Nigeria if it has a good cause, end to suffering, and make people have a better life. My Sons are Americans, and they love Nigeria every time i take them there. NO place like Home regardless of where u are today.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by salako: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2005
Hmm interesting... since you live in the USA i wonder if you would also die for AMERICA!
If Nigeria and America were to find themselves in conflict, who would you back? Mr Brave!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by smoothjazz(m): 1:46am On Nov 05, 2005
I've been thinking about this and other questions for a while now. Another question I'm struggling to answer is this; can I say in all honesty that I'm proud to be a Nigerian?
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Oiza(f): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2005
Odeku, come back na...
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by LoverBwoy(m): 10:53pm On May 08, 2006
Oiza:

Odeku, come back na,

Damn i love the way u say that!!!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by holyghost(m): 12:32am On May 09, 2006
this issue is clear no one can die for Nigeria of today when our leaders has bastardize all Laws just because of their selfish interest
now they are selling our votes and mortgaging our common future because of Naira #rd term is now the rule rather than the exception, and u want me to die for who to gain? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by cyrstal(f): 1:39am On May 09, 2006
No. Nigerian aint worth dying for. its even going to be really challenging even fighting for 9ja

but i ve no choice, its worth fighting for on the long run.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by kimba(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2006
Jesus died for the whole of mankind, yet some peeps dont believe him,
then someone will now die for Nigeria?

rather than give him a 6ft burial, theyll make it 12ft
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Nia: 8:21am On May 10, 2006
If I know that my death will bring positive changes to Nigeria and that afterwards things will not go bad again, i see no reason why not.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Rottweiler(m): 7:34pm On May 10, 2006
Odeku:

you guys are all cowards and should be ashame of yourself. YES I WILL DIE for Nigeria if it has a good cause, end to suffering, and make people have a better life. My Sons are Americans, and they love Nigeria every time i take them there. NO place like Home regardless of where u are today.

If you call those of us that have refused to die for present day Naija and have not yet CHECKED OUT cowards what do you call your humble self grin Let me tell you the truth: if you die for naija today, your death will be a wasted one because there are lots of bastards that will rubbish whatever gains you might have made. The Americans are proud to die for their country because of the system they have in place. In today's naija a policeman is not ready to die to save 1000 lives because he knows that less than 3months after his death, his family will be kicked out of the barracks before they collect whatever piece of entitlement he has with the police force. Dying for naija now is equal to committing suicide!
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by holyghost(m): 12:59am On May 11, 2006
well said brother! dying for Nigeria is a big crime.
cos u have betrayed your family in the first place.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by DaHitler(m): 5:42am On Jun 17, 2006
This is an honest question I have for all Nigerians. Is Nigeria worth dieing for? Because I seem to hear a lot about potential this and potential that, but are you willing to die for the actualization of this potential?

Personally, I will not die for a Nigeria. I might die for a new State that is formed from carving out western Nigeria (no Hausa land). But not for Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Mariory(m): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2006
I will not willing die for an ideaology. However, I am willing to do everything in my power to see that nigeria improves. My next comment may not make sense to some but, I am willing to live for Nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Seun(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2006
I am not interested in dying for anybody or any ideology or any purpose. I am only interested in living. Afeni, if you are so much determined to die young, we can show you how to do it without endangering others.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by DaHitler(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2006
What if doing everything in your power means speaking out against a Military government. Would you do that? In which case, will you be living for Nigeria or dieing for Nigeria?

Will you not be in essence dieing for Nigeria because the responce will be swift and bloody. Most likely culminating in the termination of your life.

Also, how does living for Nigeria pose any real benefit for the State? Surely, if you are guaranteeing your life (living), you are not standing up to the evil forces that exist in the nation. In which case, you are merely being complacent.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by adconline(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2006
If I were to die for  a country, that will not be  Nigeria. Do not get me wrong I'm very patriotic. Nigeria as a country has not given unconditionally for it be died for.  It has not provided social services as enshrined in the constitution for its citizenry. Its leaders have time and time told  us that there is better  place  to save our money, to go to school, to for a medical check up and vacation.

look at the things  I can die for, my faith. my mum., dad, family,  and a worthy cause.  I remember Zik's address to the nation where he said that Nigeria should longer be regarded as an expression of geography, but  a reality. Nigeria is  still an expression of geography created for an administrative convenience.

I can die for a worthy cause to save Nigeria from abyss  of desolation , but not Nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by ToyM28(f): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2006
Honestly i think nigeria is worth dying for. I wldnt take it lighly if someone were 2 be predudicial 2 ma country. Its my sentiments, nd aldo, i dont wanna die, if push comes to shove, m sure i will.

One's country no matter how, crap nd unfair it is, is suppose 2 hold some sort of dear sentiments
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by magneto(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2007
I can die for a worthy cause to save Nigeria from abyss  of desolation , but not Nigeria.

sounds like the same thing to me.

as for me i'd gladly die for my country Nigeria, if it will help achieve the ultimate goal of a new and truly great NIGERIA. might just be my purpose on earth,who knows? we all are definitely going to die one day, so its far better to die leaving a historial legacy than to live long and just be another dead old chap.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by toshmann(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2007
question: is nigeria worth dying for?
answer: no
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2007
There is no country or politician worth dying for. Tell anybody who wants you to die for him to go to hell. angry
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by toshmann(m): 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2007
Seun:

There is no country or politician worth dying for. Tell anybody who wants you to die for him to go to hell. angry
for once i agree with administrator. with all the rhetorics about american heroism, ask bush to send his daughters to iraq, make we hear wetin he go talk.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by jaso1(m): 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2007
For those cowards as Odeku recommended are cowards in extra. if your country is not worth dying 4 where will worth dying 4? you guys should be ready as nobody can predict what will happen in few month b4 the election. you people are all aware the moder of all political aspirant. who knows what next for people that have been killing to achieved there motive after losing to there opponent at the end of the raise? moreover America is not where you can easily traveled like you normally board a bus to your village.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Seun(m): 12:31am On Jan 18, 2007
if your country is not worth dying 4 where will worth dying 4?
I'll tell you what is worth dying for. Nothing! Embrace your life while you still have it. Don't die for anybody.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by sbucareer(f): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2007
seun:
There is no country or politician worth dying for.  Tell anybody who wants you to die for him to go to hell.

This is really youthful exuberant talk. The fact that living is good for only the living, sometimes living could be equally as good as been dead.

Many of these countries one aspires to go and live because of the political stability and economic opportunity is the reaffirmation and struggle of many people who died for their country to shape it for their future generation.

If you are a parent undoubtedly your perception would not be the same as today. Onyeka Onwenu said that children are our insurance of old age Our children are the future of Nigeria.

There is this saying that if you think about yourself before your children, you are not fit to be a parent. As a parent, you should be prepare to die in other for your kids to live.

United kingdom, the USA and other developed nation one time in their struggle for freedom and peace were as bad as this Nigeria. The only different is that the people were ready to die for their children to live happy and that is what a good parent should do.

Whether you are a parent or not, patriotism should be a rhetoric concept. It goes both ways, the country would fight for you if their integrity is in question like the USA and Britain does.

The struggle of emancipation is never cheap but a precarious people can make difference in their generation. I know you do have your opinion on issues but sentiments and bilateral thinking in this capacity would not benefit the great nation of Nigeria.

I do not mean senseless death but a martyr. If you think that Wales, Republic of Ireland, Scotland got there freedom from England by becoming complacent in this manner, well they did not. South Africa did not get their freedom from been complacent.

The first thing that we need is unity. If lower class Nigerians could unite today and for a very strong allegiance to all member state, the coalition would move the rulling power to listen to us. Many would die.

If I die for my children to live a good life, it is better that becoming bloody software engineer or Microsoft.

Reference

1. Harold Smith

Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Seun(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2007
The fact that living is good for only the living
If you are reading this thread, then you are living. Therefore living is good for you. Embrace life as long as you can.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by olaak1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2007
yes sir, Nigeria is worth dying for, for me one million times because that is where i come from no metter how far and wide i travel home is home i'll surelly come-back to where i belong though the situation on ground might not be okay but iam that kind Nigerian that belief that very soon all these bad leaders ruling Nigeria will leave and there will be a "wind of change" any Nigerian that think other wise is myopic.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2007
All this dying talk is nonsense. If you'd died for Nigeria, you won't be here saying this. You'd be dead & forgotten.
Re: Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? by toshmann(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2007
Seun:

All this dying talk is nonsense. If you'd died for Nigeria, you won't be here saying this. You'd be dead & forgotten.
supported supported cheesy

Seun:

If you are reading this thread, then you are living. Therefore living is good for you. Embrace life as long as you can.

supported supported cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Goodluck: Vice President In Uthman Dan Fodio’s Estate / Fg To Build New Gas Pipelines For Power! / Anambra And Delta States, Still Tense As Northerners Flee Onitsha City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.