Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari (27384 Views)

Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey / Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by angelsing(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2015
baralatie:

let us put it in the correct perspective.
in a company with a chief accountant working and another accountant spent 6 years proving to the board that the sitting accountant is doing the job wrongly and improperly also only spear heading a campaign against the sitting accountant that it is clueless.
Now the board hires the new accountant and he is being given the job.the new accountant is now saying "GOING BY THE FACTS PROVIDED ON GROUND WE HAVE AN IDEA OF THE PROBLEMS BUT THE OUTGOING ACCOUNTANT IS NOT PROVIDING SOLUTIONS ON HOW TO CURB THE CHALLENGES AND THE OUTGOING ACCOUNTANT IS NOT HELPING"
Oya take it from there!
I don't think Buhari team are asking for an idea on how to solve the problem but asking for details of what measures they have taking so far so has to know where to begin when they fully take over..That is why this is a transition, they are suppose to give full details of everything then make recommendation on it....it is now left for the incoming government to study and know if they will continue with the recommendation or come up with a better measures to solve the problem..The Keyword in all this is "TRANSITION" not COMPETITION
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
I don't think Buhari team are asking for an idea on how to solve the problem but asking for details of what measures they have taking so far so has to know where to begin when they fully take over..That is why this is a transition, they are suppose to give full details of everything then make recommendation on it....it is now left for the incoming government to study and know if they will continue with the recommendation or come up with a better measures to solve the problem..The Keyword in all this is "TRANSITION" not COMPETITION
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by angelsing(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2015
baralatie:

let us put it in the correct perspective.
in a company with a chief accountant working and another accountant spent 6 years proving to the board that the sitting accountant is doing the job wrongly and improperly also only spear heading a campaign against the sitting accountant that it is clueless.
Now the board hires the new accountant and he is being given the job.the new accountant is now saying "GOING BY THE FACTS PROVIDED ON GROUND WE HAVE AN IDEA OF THE PROBLEMS BUT THE OUTGOING ACCOUNTANT IS NOT PROVIDING SOLUTIONS ON HOW TO CURB THE CHALLENGES AND THE OUTGOING ACCOUNTANT IS NOT HELPING"
Oya take it from there!
Come you don tay for this forum oooo.. Since 2006?...Seun suppose honour you!
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by dailywealth1967: 6:45pm On May 22, 2015
Please,every politicians who have messed up the economy including APC & PDP should be investigated.Nigerians are dying daily because of lack of basic amenities.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:47pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
please don't forget the APC and the APC media team SPENT SIX(6) YEARS SPEARHEADING A CAMPAIGN THAT THE MEASURES TAKEN CONCERNING THESE

PROBLEMS WERE INEFFECTIVE,INAPPROPRIATE, NOT WORKING,IT LEAD TO CONTINUED IMPROVISHMENT OF THE MASSES AND THE HEAD OF GOVT CLUENESS.

Now these incoming govt also spearheaded a massive campaign to SOLVE these problems like MAGIC!

NOW,The outgoing govt has presented the same problems IN A DOCUMENT.

THE INCOMING IS NOW SAYING IT WANTS THE MEASURES THAT WERE TAKEN.

don't you think it does not add?

1 Like

Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by synergycom19: 6:48pm On May 22, 2015
When he will arrest GEJ and his ministers hope you people will understand why?
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
Come you don tay for this forum oooo.. Since 2006?...Seun suppose honour you!
you need to see my ogas!
lol!!!
hang around!you will see a lot,change in writing languages,ideas and beefs!
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by angelsing(m): 6:58pm On May 22, 2015
baralatie:

please don't forget the APC and the APC media team SPENT SIX(6) YEARS SPEARHEADING A CAMPAIGN THAT THE MEASURES TAKEN CONCERNING THESE

PROBLEMS WERE INEFFECTIVE,INAPPROPRIATE, NOT WORKING,IT LEAD TO CONTINUED IMPROVISHMENT OF THE MASSES AND THE HEAD OF GOVT CLUENESS.

Now these incoming govt also spearheaded a massive campaign to SOLVE these problems like MAGIC!

NOW,The outgoing govt has presented the same problems IN A DOCUMENT.

THE INCOMING IS NOW SAYING IT WANTS THE MEASURES THAT WERE TAKEN.

don't you think it does not add?
you should take note that not all measures taken by the past Government is bad but sometimes the implementation of such measures are actually the problem...A case study is the removal of subsidy, a good measure but wrong implementation of the money realised from the subsidy removal...since the word involve in all this is Transition, they will give full details and make recommendation!...No matter how the APC might have criticise the outgoing president over the way they handle the country, it is still prerogative of the outgoing government to do what is required of them in a Transition to a new government

1 Like

Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by GreatSoul: 7:09pm On May 22, 2015
barcanista:
When wil Buhari's team learn to accept whatever they give them in good faith and stop disturbing the peace of the media? Why are they always blackmailing President Goodluck Jonathan and his team at every slight opportunity? They are making it feel like Jonathan is answerable to them to provide them everything. Why can't they get some information themselves? Is Buhari the first opposition to defeat an incumbent? Did Fayose whine like a kid when he defeated Fayemi? BabaOneChance should leave Jonathan alone.

Can someone pls remind Buhari that back in 1983,
there was no handover note prepared for him and
nobody to give him any suggestions yet he did not
mind taking over by force to perform the touted
'miracles' then.

The only thing I see that has changed is 30 yrs in between
that have dulled any abilities he ever had even further.
For someone who has contested 4 times ie 16yrs,
he should have all necessary information at his fingertips
by now else what else was his motive for pursuing this
presidency so sleeplessly if till now he does not have all
the information he needs as well as a game plan for how
to hit the ground running.

He and his party should spare us all from these continual lamentations.

1 Like

Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
you should take note that not all measures taken by the past Government is bad but sometimes the implementation of such measures are actually the problem...A case study is the removal of subsidy, a good measure but wrong implementation of the money realised from the subsidy removal...since the word involve in all this is Transition, they will give full details and make recommendation!...No matter how the APC might have criticise the outgoing president over the way they handle the country, it is still prerogative of the outgoing government to do what is required of them in a Transition to a new government
the APC had never shared an optimistic view of govt policies.it made itself clear to distance it actions when voted into power from this outgoing govt
Now back to this fuel crisis,the APC took a bold stand that the fuel subsidy bruhaha was a scam and should not be accepted.it spearheaded the famous "ojota demonstration".
the APC was a big critique of okonjo labelling her as IMF lapdog.
now the incoming walked into
1.50% revenue shortage
2.a 40million/day PMS with an Nnpc+ marketers wage bill
3.excetera
APC should just get to work with their manifesto
1.continue paying the subsidy(now they have realised it exist)
2.find ways to increase revenue without interfering on the sovereignty of states(don't forget their debts)
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by NobleG1(m): 7:41pm On May 22, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Oga, you don't need to waste your time reply ever post you see on NL. Most people know little or nothing about handing over. All they do is rant when they see GEJ and GMB's name together. It's a pity Nigeria is finished with those sort of peeps.

You're right.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by angelsing(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2015
baralatie:

the APC had never shared an optimistic view of govt policies.it made itself clear to distance it actions when voted into power from this outgoing govt
Now back to this fuel crisis,the APC took a bold stand that the fuel subsidy bruhaha was a scam and should not be accepted.it spearheaded the famous "ojota demonstration".
the APC was a big critique of okonjo labelling her as IMF lapdog.
now the incoming walked into
1.50% revenue shortage
2.a 40million/day PMS with an Nnpc+ marketers wage bill
3.excetera
APC should just get to work with their manifesto
1.continue paying the subsidy(now they have realised it exist)
2.find ways to increase revenue without interfering on the sovereignty of states(don't forget their debts)
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by chernest2002: 8:19pm On May 22, 2015
Please baba one chance is too late for lectures,get into office and do what you said you know how to do and stop all this spying from the one you said have failed your generations.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by scantee(m): 8:22pm On May 22, 2015
Same story everyday! Babaonechance is this what we gonna face eh?
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by ba7man(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2015
Some people have to go to jail for the current situation this country is.

GEJ and his goons should be probed once they're out of power since they have nothing sensible to say concerning how they ran the Nation aground.

All those defending GEJ most likely don't have light and they've bought fuel at an exorbitant price.........how ironic.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by stevnwigw1: 9:31pm On May 22, 2015
ricsman:
pls somebody should tell our incoming President that we aren't interested on d outgoing President n his works. we voted for him because we want change and not continuity. excepting ideas from pgej is like continuity. pls start from scratch we will understand. no matter how slow. change most come. Amen.
LOL
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by 3ace(m): 3:36am On May 23, 2015
Correctman0606:
Why are you under rating Buhari and apc. Buhari is held in the highest esteem because of his high level of competence. He is aclaimed as a very powerful and one of the highflyers who can perform magic. As soon as he takes over power from pdp, everything will fall into line. He does not need any assistce from any pdp member.
NONSENSE. So, up till today, you are not aware that from now upward, there will be total confusion? Note it from today that things will never be the same again in this country. Just expect total disorder from now. You will find GEJ, you will pay as much as possible, you will never find GEJ. Get yourselves ready.
chuna1985:

That one na APC business ooo. We are only interested in Magic from El magnifico, not excuses
lol, abeg make una dey optimistic small na. If this country becomes great again, it's going to benefit all including you. I'm neither PDP nor APC; infact, I didn't vote during the last election but do you know what I think about all this development? I likened it to a situation in a company where an independent auditor is asked to audit the financial records of that company. A management who's financial reports are questionable will tend to become uncooperative and frustrate the effort of the auditor. I decided to ignore the lady up there who responded to my post that GMB should ask Okonjo. Why would he consult a woman who appears to have lost control of her ministry? If she really has facts especially in the area of this subsidy disparity and she doesn't have anything to hide, I expected her to have held a press conference presenting all documentary evidence to the populace to support her claims thereby exonerating herself. Or they feel this fuel scarcity impasse is not important enough to require immediate attention or they're simply abrasive because they have just 7 days left? I can't just imagine the further untold hardship Nigerians will be subjected to as from next Monday.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by 3ace(m): 3:40am On May 23, 2015
ba7man:
Some people have to go to jail for the current situation this country is.

GEJ and his goons should be probed once they're out of power since they have nothing sensible to say concerning how they ran the Nation aground.

All those defending GEJ most likely don't have light and they've bought fuel at an exorbitant price.........how ironic.
Honestly, I don't know why people are not seeing it from this angle. We are suffering and yet, we are still smiling. I'm shocked at the line of thought on this thread; I'm really really really shocked!
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by Nobody: 6:51am On May 23, 2015
3ace:
lol, abeg make una dey optimistic small na. If this country becomes great again, it's going to benefit all including you. I'm neither PDP nor APC; infact, I didn't vote during the last election but do you know what I think about all this development? I likened it to a situation in a company where an independent auditor is asked to audit the financial records of that company. A management who's financial reports are questionable will tend to become uncooperative and frustrate the effort of the auditor. I decided to ignore the lady up there who responded to my post that GMB should ask Okonjo. Why would he consult a woman who appears to have lost control of her ministry? If she really has facts especially in the area of this subsidy disparity and she doesn't have anything to hide, I expected her to have held a press conference presenting all documentary evidence to the populace to support her claims thereby exonerating herself. Or they feel this fuel scarcity impasse is not important enough to require immediate attention or they're simply abrasive because they have just 7 days left? I can't just imagine the further untold hardship Nigerians will be subjected to as from next Monday.

Firstly u didn't vote so its no use concerning urself with Nigerian politics.

And more importantly, If u knew who okonjo iweala is, u will cease from insulting her.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by Correctman0606: 6:13pm On May 23, 2015
3ace:
You are, from your post, already biased and you are claiming not to belong to apc. Tell me the reasons why you think apc government is a better position to develop this country especially considering the fact that you are already accussing Iweala of corruption? Just point to any apc member, including Buhari who is not dead in corruption? Buhari headed PTDF and empty that agency and tilll today it is not anywhere today. Thiefnu.bu, of course is not only rotten in his mouth that oozing, but also one the most corrupt man in the world etc etc. Tell me how and why you think apc is better?
Tell me how many times your apc members have held public conference when accussed of corruption?
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by 3ace(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2015
Correctman0606:
You are, from your post, already biased and you are claiming not to belong to apc. Tell me the reasons why you think apc government is a better position to develop this country especially considering the fact that you are already accussing Iweala of corruption? Just point to any apc member, including Buhari who is not dead in corruption? Buhari headed PTDF and empty that agency and tilll today it is not anywhere today. Thiefnu.bu, of course is not only rotten in his mouth that oozing, but also one the most corrupt man in the world etc etc. Tell me how and why you think apc is better?
Tell me how many times your apc members have held public conference when accussed of corruption?
I don't belong to APC and I have no stake in the party. it appears that I'm biased because I want this new government to succeed for the benefits of all. It is going to be disastrous and frustrating if this government fails forcing us to endure another 4 years of hardship. On whether they'll perform, I'm aware that those who constitute APC are no different from PDP but they will want to prove to the whole world that they're different. When APC was formed, Doyin Okupe said they will not last one year because most of them in the party have different ideologies and interest. I agreed with his analysis but unfortunately for Doyin, that was the kind of remarks the APC needed to be determined and stay together. The remark spurred them to hold on together so as to confute him. In the same vein, if people continue to doubt their intentions to bring positive change, same thing might happen again. But don't worry, time will tell if they'll leave up to expectation or not. But believe me, if they don't, I will criticize them just as I'm doing to PDP. As for Tinubu, I detest him and don't care if he rots in jail.
Re: May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari by Correctman0606: 7:03pm On May 24, 2015
3ace:
I don't belong to APC and I have no stake in the party. it appears that I'm biased because I want this new government to succeed for the benefits of all. It is going to be disastrous and frustrating if this government fails forcing us to endure another 4 years of hardship. On whether they'll perform, I'm aware that those who constitute APC are no different from PDP but they will want to prove to the whole world that they're different. When APC was formed, Doyin Okupe said they will not last one year because most of them in the party have different ideologies and interest. I agreed with his analysis but unfortunately for Doyin, that was the kind of remarks the APC needed to be determined and stay together. The remark spurred them to hold on together so as to confute him. In the same vein, if people continue to doubt their intentions to bring positive change, same thing might happen again. But don't worry, time will tell if they'll leave up to expectation or not. But believe me, if they don't, I will criticize them just as I'm doing to PDP. As for Tinubu, I detest him and don't care if he rots in jail.
Well, that was a fair one,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency / CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. / Peter Obi Appeals For Tolerance From His Supporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.