Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (27664 Views)

FG Raises Panel To Probe Fanta, Sprite Content / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by WhiZTiM(m): 11:40pm On May 22, 2015
nairation:

Just shut up and try to understand that he is very much pained by the issue....

Ummm... Mr. Nairaland police... Please a sense of humour... okay? .... #smh
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by honeric01(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2015
No light to run business, no fuel to run biz.

no light at home to cool one's brain from the disappointment from the office.

Everyone getting agitated, angry and bitter.

But why are we being punished na?

I cant Even sleep!

goddammit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:49pm On May 22, 2015
#lobatan.

Will have to service my extra gens tomorrow and buy enough fuel for keeps.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Smalles: 11:56pm On May 22, 2015
All these unions and associations embarking on strike should please and plaese pity us cos its really the masses that are suffering from it not the top shots, they have acquired enough wealth to take care of them selves and their families , they don't depend on their basic salaries , they hav fuel dumps and can afford to buy black market at any amount if the need arises , they have stand buy generators in their houses , they go to private hospitals or fly out for medical check up and their children school abroad . So they hardly feel the impact at all , Pls striking unions and associations consider the masses that are suffering pls.

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by elvision1(m): 11:58pm On May 22, 2015
josh4ever:

Bros did you bother to read at all? Does electricity come from the moon? It is generated by firing turbines and turbines can be fired by gas. if the gas is absent I'm sure by magic they can generate electricity.

And to think some of you claim to be educated...

#EducatedIlliterate

you claim to be educated but yet you don't know there are many other channels to generate electricity apart from gas.

P.S: stop trying to be the sun in a gloomy atmosphere

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Heffalump(m): 11:59pm On May 22, 2015
The petroleum minister was aboard the aircraft to UK today, when the ministry under her direct watch is on fire with the NUPENG/ PENGASAN strike that has wrecked harvoc on the power sector. This is the highest show of irresponsibility ever.

The contentious issue responsible for the strike was solely caused by her personal greed and recklessness. I still wonder why GEJ kept this witch for 4 yrs.

This woman deserves underground dungeon in kirikiri. undecided

8 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Daykoozy(m): 12:01am On May 23, 2015
The rest of Africa will see this and laugh at una. Our current production is not enough to power a town in some countries.
The activity or lack thereof on this thread also underscores what we prioritize. If na Yansh-talk or tribal page go long sotey.
While GEJ has been a failure, our epileptic power supply is generations in the making. Thanks to IBB, Abacha, bigger thanks to OBJ and GEJ, and how can I leave out our gullible masses who continue to suffer and smile while beating chest as the giant of Africa.

10 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Nobody: 12:35am On May 23, 2015
useless govt, irresponsible bastarrds, dey r d cause of the power supply n fuel issues. awon olofo.

2 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Crownvillar: 12:55am On May 23, 2015
Yomieluv:
In my area now,the light would be brought for five minutes,after which it will be taken. Till the next day. This. Has been happening for the past one month now.

Coupled with no fuel,I don't think there is another place called HELL than Nigeria.

So pathetic!

They are flashing you for 5 minutes!

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by NobleG1(m): 1:12am On May 23, 2015
Under Obasanjo, more than US$12 Billion was spent on power projets while Jonathan spent US$35 Billion. Where did all the billions go to?

China Spent $25B For 22,000MW while Jonathan spent $35B For 2500MW!!!!

Obasanjo and Jonathan should be thrown in jail.

7 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by blackandbold: 1:28am On May 23, 2015
letsbet:
i can boldly say that for the past 7 days we had less than 7hours of electricity which is at an all time low. i will be very glad if by the end of GMB's regim there is at least 12hrs of electricity per day. we will be ok, i promise.
7 hrssss in a day...o boy. .u people get light o..me for where I dey for ekiti I never see light stay for 1hr overal perday over the last 7days

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by 14(m): 2:16am On May 23, 2015
AWONEYAN:
No fuel...No Light.. This is a Jungle
Going back to the FUTURE
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by 14(m): 2:26am On May 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
if half of all the billionaires and millionaires in nigeria were to invest in the power sector in nigeria, nigeria would be the highest producers of power in africa.

Being Billionare does not neccesarily mean you have a $1Billion in your account, even Dangote doesnot have $1billion in the bank, its the assets you own, shares in companies, properties, luxury good e.g airplanes and cars. So they cannot do much. its a embarrasing for the self proclaim "GIANT OF AFRICA" turning into "giant of ants". 1327MW for 160m people, wow.

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Edijana2015(m): 2:36am On May 23, 2015
Can I really say our "leaders" are clueless? 1327 Megawatt after privatisation. We really need to re script our minds in this country.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by philips70(m): 2:53am On May 23, 2015
Firefire:
wicked world

Wicked government, wicked PDP, 16years.

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by litetias(m): 3:16am On May 23, 2015
So these government people don't yet know that we the masses are the one supposed to be raising alarm.

Now they've raised alarm what are we meant to do?

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by caprini1: 3:41am On May 23, 2015
When I installed my Solar system and bought a smaller car(1.6 liter engine),my friends were laughing at my car,now they know I did d right thing....Don't let anybody turn you to a victim!....the difference between everywhere else in Nigeria and the North east,is that there are no bombs thrown.We now live like refugees!

6 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by aspirebig: 5:04am On May 23, 2015
Deregulate the power sector and see massive change in the country positively.
Ban generator use and importation permanently.
Revoke the licence given to incompetent family and friends in Nigeria.
The in coming government should address this, it is very important.
I am surprised that the incoming government mentioned just insecurity, corruption and unemployment as their main priority without mentioning power, education and health. Too bad.
In 2015

Naija I hail oooo, which way ooo.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by SkyBlue1: 5:29am On May 23, 2015
What happened to all those "megawatts" and 34/7 electricity people were enjoying when they were shouting "up Jonathan"? Sycophancy is a very terrible and deadly disease, it has seriously sabotaged Nigerian leadership.

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by AdeniyiA(m): 5:30am On May 23, 2015
No electricity and even to run your generator fuel is not available, ... chaiii ...can somebody pls save Nigeria from collapse angry
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by omenka(m): 6:00am On May 23, 2015
luvinhubby:
High time Nigerians rise up deal with this issue of persistent strikes by oil workers.
The senate wanted to amend our labour laws to address the issue of using strikes as a bargaining tool by labour unions in 2012 but was resisted by APC senators like Ngige & Gbenga Ashafa because it was PDP in power, today it is APC, we will wait & see how Buhari's govt will roll with these greedy Shylocks called oil workers union.
This is why we keep failing, advice like this.

It is foolhardy confronting the symptoms of a problem rather than its causes.

Go figure Mr.

Smh.

Blame Jonathan for his failure for once in your life. Just once. It's not gonna make your business any less successful.

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Reference(m): 6:00am On May 23, 2015
AWONEYAN:
No fuel...No Light..
This is a Jungle

Not correct. In a jungle there is more than enough firewood for fuel and as for light you can count on the fire flies.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Reference(m): 6:17am On May 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
if half of all the billionaires and millionaires in nigeria were to invest in the power sector in nigeria, nigeria would be the highest producers of power in africa.

All those who bought into the privatisation are millionaires and billionaires in dollar terms (albeit through the black economy) so the money is not the problem but the framework of the entire process and the flawed philosophy of our energy industry that is heavily skewed in favour of oil and gas of Niger-Delta source. On top of that we are not willing to make the sacrifices as a people (ar exemplified by unionist interests) to cultivate and nuture the industry.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:30am On May 23, 2015
GogetterMD:
Power generation has climbed to an all-time high of 1327 MW. Kudos to the outgoing PDP led administration. They did an exceptional job in that sector, just like In other sectors. Gracias, Merci
grin

Actually all time low.

Oh! I now see the sarcasm in your post. grin The outgoing PDP administration did wonderfully well in many sectors of the economy including making petroleum products readily available and affordable.
STRIKES ARE NOW A THING OF THE PAST!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Reference(m): 6:33am On May 23, 2015
Emekamex:
Our labour unions are silly, you go on strike and deprive the people you are fighting for of power and fuel to run generators and you think your dealing with the government. I pity all of you guys because you will suffer the same fate as the ordinary citizen.

They are dealing with government because the government represents the people. The people invariably turn on their representatives.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by GogetterMD(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:

grin

Actually all time low.

Oh! I now see the sarcasm in your post. grin The outgoing PDP administration did wonderfully well in many sectors of the economy including making petroleum products readily available and affordable.
STRIKES ARE NOW A THING OF THE PAST!!
Our engineering graduates have invented an eco-friendly electric car, I can now sleep with my door wide open at night, our foriegn reserve climbed to a record breaking $830 billion, and we have 6 working refineries now refining 2.5 million barrels of crude oil daily. It has been an exceptional job the PDP has done to our economy

5 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by luvinhubby(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2015
omenka:
This is why we keep failing, advice like this.

It is foolhardy confronting the symptoms of a problem rather than its causes.

Go figure Mr.

Smh.

Blame Jonathan for his failure for once in your life. Just once. It's not gonna make your business any less successful.
At least start by telling me good morning first, after all i senior you. cheesy
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Reference(m): 6:48am On May 23, 2015
josh4ever:

Bros did you bother to read at all? Does electricity come from the moon? It is generated by firing turbines and turbines can be fired by gas. if the gas is absent I'm sure by magic they can generate electricity.

And to think some of you claim to be educated...

#EducatedIlliterate

You are both right. He is right in the sense that, generally it is not the business of the publican to know the nuts and bolts of how the machinery of government works. That is why they elect, appoint and pay these folks. But you are also right because if you liken the Nigerian Project to a start-up company (in terms of age and development) then everyone involved is a stake-holder and gets involved in every aspect to a high degr3 of detail.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Pchidexy(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2015
Yomieluv:
In my area now,the light would be brought for five minutes,after which it will be taken. Till the next day. This. Has been happening for the past one month now.

Coupled with no fuel,I don't think there is another place called HELL than Nigeria.

So pathetic!

My dear Naija is hell. Hell fire no de fear me again. This what I tell everyone who cares to listen.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Acidosis(m): 7:02am On May 23, 2015
letsbet:
i can boldly say that for the past 7 days we had less than 7hours of electricity which is at an all time low. i will be very glad if by the end of GMB's regim there is at least 12hrs of electricity per day. we will be ok, i promise.

speak for yourself o

In my area, we've been enjoying over 17hrs of electricity per day since I moved in last year. Under Buhari's administration, we can't settle for less.

Meanwhile, the petroleum crisis affected us badly. We've been in absolute darkness since 11am yesterday.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by hamzyluv(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2015
luvinhubby:
High time Nigerians rise up deal with this issue of persistent strikes by oil workers.
The senate wanted to amend our labour laws to address the issue of using strikes as a bargaining tool by labour unions in 2012 but was resisted by APC senators like Ngige & Gbenga Ashafa because it was PDP in power, today it is APC, we will wait & see how Buhari's govt will roll with these greedy Shylocks called oil workers union.
so u mean Ngige &Gbenga Ashafa ETC. of APC stopped the labour laws amendment ? bros u are clueless like ur oga at d PDP.. how many APC members are in d house to stop any proposed Bill by PDP government since 2010? ...

4 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by omenka(m): 7:14am On May 23, 2015
luvinhubby:

At least start by telling me good morning first, after all i senior you. cheesy
Lol. Toh, if saying good morning would help anything, then Good morning! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO / Akpabio’s Credit Card Declined At London Hotel - Sahara Reporters / Ben Bruce Trolls President Buhari Using Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.