Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari (58802 Views)

I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / See What Fuel Scarcity Has Caused In Lagos (photo) / 'I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means' - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by OrigamiIII: 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
Boss13:
I do not doubt Buhari's integrity and sincerity, but I may doubt the people around him. If he can, as president, ensure that these people respect the wishes of Nigerians, we are definitely going to enjoy the best administration so far the history of this country

I do not doubt Buhari neither do I doubt all the people who stood by him all through the elections period and surrounds him now. My inference is that if these people can subjugate their personal ambition, put up Buhari and stood by him till victory was achieved then these people really meant well for our dear country. Remember that the problem of nigeria wasn't her citizens but the leadership. Now with this change I am very certain leadership problem would no longer exist while hoping a section of the citizenry would not transform to a problem. From may 30th nigeria is sure to commence a new march unto national greatness.Nigeria's situation is presently a precarious one. The economy as it is, is in a bleeding state and cannot be burdened by either corruption or "stealing" in the slightest.
Lets us all support the leadership.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Dozzmani(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
[b] Well,first off Buhari never built any refinery maybe he commissioned one or two but he never was part of any team that conceptualize,initiate and build any refinery at any time whatsoever.Now we have gotten that small humdrum out the way tis better for us to come to an agreement as to the fears of these marketers currently brewing this artificial scarcity,if Buhari will shut down subsidy-ironically, the same motion GEJ sought about to initiate but was opposed by the opposition,the cabals and ordinary naive Nigerians decieved in #Occupy Lagos- will these same marketers get their investments back especially now the dollar is at an all time high? If not, tis businness savvy to start a scarcity and sell your product at quadruple the normal rate so as to get back your capital and profit before the new government settles down. We don't see how the blame is Goodluck's instead we have gullible Nigerians to blame who protested against their freedom and occupied Lagos when Goodluck sought to liberate Nigerians from the shackles of the cabal...Freedom,we had the chance to be free or dum(b) but Nigerians were bambozzled by the opposition and cabal into choosing dum(b).[/b]
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by nduchucks: 3:00pm On May 24, 2015
These Subsidy thieves who are holding Nigerians as hostages should be dealt with as terrorists.

They should be rounded up and stoned.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by 989900: 3:01pm On May 24, 2015
But when I found myself as the Minister of Petroleum I set up another refinery in Warri for 100, 000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude and the Kaduna refinery a 100, 000 barrels per day. So Nigeria built capacity to refine 450,000 a day.
Four Hundred thousands of which is purely Nigerian crude, but 50,000 was imported. The type of crude could be Venezuelan, which could be a bit heavier. But the lighter ones - kerosene, aviation fuel, diesel, PMS of different grades could be produced from our crude because Nigerian crude is about the best in the world.

If you could recall, after finishing as Minister of Petroleum, I subsequently became Head of State. You remember, I appointed Professor Tam David West as the Minister of Petroleum. When we rounded up bunkers, collected their illegal jetties and allowed jetties for only big firms which were doing production and development in the country, we were shocked that we had too much fuel.

We had to begin to export 100,000 barrels per day. Don’t forget that we didn’t stop at building refineries, we built more than 20 depots during my time, from Port Harcourt to Ilorin, Makurdi, Suleija, Maiduguri and Kano. More than 3,000 pipelines were laid to connect them. A number of stations were also built to take the trailers off the road, save lives and the infrastructure on the road. It is more economical because each trailer uses fuel.

We did all that in this country and we didn’t borrow any money as far as I know. It’s Nigerian money.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 24, 2015

DT: But they argue that the price should not be the same in Lagos and Daura, for example?

Buhari: It has to be the same because it is the Nigerian crude.
But they consider the cost of transportation?
Why didn’t it make any difference when we were around? Why did we build the network of pipelines? Why did we build the network of depots? What can Nigerians benefit from the God-given gift of petroleum? No refinery is built unless there is an in-depth research that there is enough reserve of up to six layers to be produced.
The argument I have heard is that refineries are aged. Mostly, they are performing at less than half of their capacity…?
You can’t defend these corrupt and incompetent people. You can’t defend them. There used to be what they call turn-around-maintenance. You close the refinery in order to overhaul and clean it. What we did: we asked our producers, we need various refined products of this type at this time when the refineries are being cleaned. Take this type of Nigerian crude and bring us the refined products.
What we don’t need, we will calculate and pay you as fees for refining and transportation. If it is more than what the crude can handle, then we take it from the treasury. But you are trying to justify all these frauds by saying the refineries are aged.
Of course, they are actually aged?
They said the refineries are aged. The pipelines are leaking. There is vandalisation. Who ordered the vandalisation?

Buhari, there is no way the price of fuel will be the same across Nigeria except you subsidize it.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:35pm On May 24, 2015
I it not clueless that GEJ was interested in removing Subsidy to increase the suffering of the masses than building refineries to make things easier for the masses.

His whole Subsidy mess was a scam and a little probe will expose his lies you guys defend.
ichidodo:
[b] Well,first off Buhari never built any refinery maybe he commissioned one or two but he never was part of any team that conceptualize,initiate and build any refinery at any time whatsoever.Now we have gotten that small humdrum out the way tis better for us to come to an agreement as to the fears of these marketers currently brewing this artificial scarcity,if Buhari will shut down subsidy-ironically, the same motion GEJ sought about to initiate but was opposed by the opposition,the cabals and ordinary naive Nigerians decieved in #Occupy Lagos- will these same marketers get their investments back especially now the dollar is at an all time high? If not, tis businness savvy to start a scarcity and sell your product at quadruple the normal rate so as to get back your capital and profit before the new government settles down. We don't see how the blame is Goodluck's instead we have gullible Nigerians to blame who protested against their freedom and occupied Lagos when Goodluck sought to liberate Nigerians from the shackles of the cabal...Freedom,we had the chance to be free or dum(b) but Nigerians were bambozzled by the opposition and cabal into choosing dum(b).[/b]
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Themandator: 3:44pm On May 24, 2015
From his statement, it is obvious he knows something about the oil sector and hopefully, has worked out a way of getting round the marketers.... I pray he succeed, for the sake of this country's future....
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Themandator: 3:47pm On May 24, 2015
noblezone:

Buhari, there is no way the price of fuel will be the same across Nigeria except you subsidize it.

Or he builds depots in each state.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 4:01pm On May 24, 2015
jcmaiah:
He will know what subsidy means when he becomes president.
i don't even know subsidy, what is subsidy? who is subsidy who? who is ordering vandalisation?
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by tabisegroup(m): 4:04pm On May 24, 2015

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:08pm On May 24, 2015
femliany:
And I doubt it if u have a father..Or you go happy if ur father is addressed like dat?
this one is mild,just wait after may 29 you hear about the one that senior john,.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:09pm On May 24, 2015
lawbabs:

I am amazed that with the vast number of youths on this platform, only few are thinkers. And certainly, you are not one of them. Result? Is he the president? Result can only be demanded when he takes control.

You are not different from a foolish boy, who is a cashier at a Supermart in my Neighbourhood. A guy approached him to pay for a few items he picked (the guy is obviously from the north) but there wasnt change after he presented his cash. So he began to mock the buyer. He said, "Your uncle promised us change, after winning the election, he hasnt given us change (cash). Abeg, go buy from somewhere else". I witnessed it and fumed at him. I told him he was an eediot and doesnt even have the slightest understanding of governance except the divisionist agenda that have been forced down his throat over the years. He felt ashamed and i walked away from the supermart.

I say the same to you today. Go and think about your life and how you will make personal changes that will contribute to the greatness of Nigeria.
see painment
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by fairheven: 4:25pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
With this analysis and those of Gani Fawehinmi, Tam David-West and Pat Utomi, I can't agree more. The claim by the government that it pays subsidy is a fraud. It is unfortunate some people say subsidy should be removed even if it means selling products at higher prices. Have you asked ourselves the correlation between an election year and subsidy that subsidy increases when there is an election?
Just imagine that subsidy payment increased after the famous occupy Nigeria at Ojota
The pump price was increased from 57 naira or so to 120 an after protest it cunningly an stylishly reduced to 97 naira,which simply meant that Nigerians were paying more for fuel (from the previous 57naira)an yet the subsidy skyrocketed the same year an keeps rising unabated
It itwill be travesty of justice if Jonathan doesn't go to jail

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by kenex4ever(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2015
If u can bring back those refineries to full operation, then I will know u r a good leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 24, 2015
Never wanted Buhari to win the elections largely because of his latent Godfather Tinubu, which i feared has other agenda other than that of Buhari, whom i was sure is a man of integrity. But reading his statements and actions lately, i think he is capable of refusing the influence of the jagaban and fulfilling the promises he made. Just pray he does. Sai baba!

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by dddrexjr(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2015
FANTASTIC
i've always doubted the petroleum industry,
he hu fails to plan,plans to fail… GBM is planning well,i pray CHANGE has come cheesy
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by razavi: 5:50pm On May 24, 2015
This man’s misplaced defiance, denouncement, and detachment from the reality that defines today’s Nigeria, would only strengthen the outgoing administration hands in freewheeling the economy in these final days, creating more challenges and unrealistic expectations of salvation from a besieged people, when he eventually mounts the podium.

The coming days would serve as instruction, months into his administration, when probing, witch-hunting, and the meander of the courts, do nothing to rein in the perennial problems of petroleum products distribution and supply, and a people’s mounting impatience becomes unwieldy and blows over.

Someone needs to wake this man up, and quickly, too...
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by jaytee01(m): 5:57pm On May 24, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
BABA1CHANCE,WE want result not talking,
Idi. Ot
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by billyG(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2015
That God this man is not clueless like #Babaotuoke1chance.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by popcykaylah(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
BABA1CHANCE,WE want result not talking,
he was asked questions and he answered ..so I don't see that as blabbing ..so when you are asked questions you keep mute? and Mr Jonathan wey no be one chance ..see how better and beautiful the economy is now?blind retardd!!!
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by lomprico(m): 6:36pm On May 24, 2015
modath:

We all know there is no "subsidy" in the real sense of what social welfarism stands for, its just a collection of entitled PDP goats having a field day with our depleted yam barn simply because they are above the law..

May 29,pls do and come make person wey sabi and also ready do nation building start work..

5 more days to go..........
Good point there but my fear is that those subsidy fuel importing cabals are already rallying round buhari, danjuma for example.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by mumuto: 6:50pm On May 24, 2015
PUSH1:
How much does it cost to import fuel?

Now the government is importing and the marketers are making profits. It does not add up. I need more explanation.

Ok, the government pays part of the money so that the cost will not be high?

Increase the salaries instead, Highest we will queue at the government owned station while the big men buy from a private importer. Shikena

Nigeria must be great.

Mumuto
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by nkemjacob2(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2015
Buhari, use constitution for us o na democracy we dey. Nd dont mke fuel over expensive for nigerians. Since u re sayin u dont no the meaning of fuel subsidy
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Imokay: 8:26pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:

People like you like fraud and being deceived in monumental scale, Nigeria's true daily consumption of petrol is just over 29 million liters daily
http://www.indexmundi.com/energy.aspx?country=ng&product=gasoline&graph=consumption

at 159 liters in a barrel.

One of the big lies them Dieziani told us is that our refineries even if working at 100% capacity cannot meet more that 50% of our needs.
But nameplate capacity of the 4 refineries is 450,000 barrels per day, that is 71.5 million liters of crude oil per day.
Some refineries with cracking by FCCU can yield up to 60% of the crude as petrol, but i will use conservative 45% yield from our own refineries which should give us 71,500,000 x 0.45 = 32,000,000 liters
Considering 20% yield of Diesel we should also have 71,500,000 x 0.20 = 14,300,000 liters of Diesel

All this is possible if we give the TAM of the refineries to competent hands like companies who built the plant not political jobbers.

Any new refinery will only be as buffer and to take of growing demand and export.
To account for any growth in demand ideally we should not be importing more than 10 - 15 % of our current consumption.
There is no reason why we should not be monopolizing the West African fuel market by ensuring we refine the oil we cannot sell due to OPEC quota. ECOWAS agreement means we can export petrol duty-free and sell at a price differential that will keep American/European suppliers away and make the incentive to smuggle from Nigeria too low.

With this, we can circumvent OPEC quota and the government can earn about twice what it can currently earn while creating hi-tech employment for Nigerians directly and spawn many industries based on the by-products of the refineries like petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, synthetic rubber and plastics. It is unfortunate the disastrous government we have had in the last 16 years has as many clueless supporters as the quoted poster.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 24, 2015
Ode

mumuto:

Mumuto
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Sigo86(m): 10:56pm On May 24, 2015
Buhari: “I am not just speaking about it, I have not put anything on paper, so nobody has seen it and I haven’t discussed it with anybody. I am just keeping it close to my chest."...

Hehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy, Hope u guys figure dat coat from buhari... grin
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Sigo86(m): 11:00pm On May 24, 2015
Buhari: One of the problems I have, other than the military, is the petroleum industry where I served for three and a half years under General Obasanjo. When people start talking about this subsidy I honestly get confused. I will tell you this, and I hope it will answer what you want to know. Back then we had a refinery in Port Harcourt, which was refining 30,000 barrels a day of Nigerian crude.
Later, it was upgraded to refine 100,000 barrels a day. Another refinery was built in Port Harcourt to refine 150,000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude. So, Port Harcourt alone had the capacity to refine 250,000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude.
But when I found myself as the Minister of Petroleum I set up another refinery in Warri for 100, 000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude and the Kaduna refinery a 100, 000 barrels per day. So Nigeria built capacity to refine 450,000 a day.
Four Hundred thousands of which is purely Nigerian crude, but 50,000 was imported. The type of crude could be Venezuelan, which could be a bit heavier. But the lighter ones - kerosene, aviation fuel, diesel, PMS of different grades could be produced from our crude because Nigerian crude is about the best in the world.
If you could recall, after finishing as Minister of Petroleum, I subsequently became Head of State. You remember, I appointed Professor Tam David West as the Minister of Petroleum. When we rounded up bunkers, collected their illegal jetties and allowed jetties for only big firms which were doing production and development in the country, we were shocked that we had too much fuel.
We had to begin to export 100,000 barrels per day. Don’t forget that we didn’t stop at building refineries, we built more than 20 depots during my time, from Port Harcourt to Ilorin, Makurdi, Suleija, Maiduguri and Kano. More than 3,000 pipelines were laid to connect them. A number of stations were also built to take the trailers off the road, save lives and the infrastructure on the road. It is more economical because each trailer uses fuel.
We did all that in this country and we didn’t borrow any money as far as I know. It’s Nigerian money. From each Nigerian crude, whether Akwa Ibom, Bonny Light or whatever it is, you can work out how much products it will give you; how much petrol it will give you; how much diesel it will give you if you want to produce diesel. We could tell how much Nigerian crude cost, the cost of transportation from there to the refinery, the cost of refining, the cost of transportation to the pump stations and maybe 5 per cent go for overhead.
I can understand if Nigerians pay for those costs. But somebody is saying he is subsidizing Nigerians. Who is subsidizing who? .

Hmmmmmn....
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by peegirl(f): 1:08am On May 25, 2015
Taylor86:
blood of judas grin

which kind president b dis

i go change country abeg

4 years with #babaonechance won't be good 4 my health

Ewu tombia
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Okaka27(m): 7:27am On May 25, 2015
fckmn24seg:

I like this 100 times, can I get more from Chief Zebrudata, ori e wa mbe joor
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by tete7000(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2015
A beautiful and insightful piece of interview. I wish the president-elect the best in his endeavour from May 29. May God help him.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Rubis(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2015
Jona has ruined this our country, thank God he's leaving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Buhari Has Dementia?' - Prof Kperogi As PMB Hands Over Flag To 'Governortorial' / Kashim Shettima Puts On South Eastern Attire (Pictures) / Tinubu Reading 8-Month-Old Newspaper In New Photo ‘Showing He’s Well’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.