Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,900 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari (58820 Views)

I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / See What Fuel Scarcity Has Caused In Lagos (photo) / 'I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means' - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
Not your fault,man.Public hysteria was fed by our media and you see why it was important for thieffnubu owning considerable stake in the media.....Propaganda is a very useful tool,you know.
You dont entrust your belongings to criminals!!!!! GEJs govt is a gathering of rogues...allowing them to remove the subsidy @ that time, would ONLY amount to increasing the size of their loots! Didnt you see how fraudulent their SURE-P and YOUWIN programmes were?? Any sincere govt can go ahead with the TOTAL removal...we are solidly behind buhari to remove it..not a rogue that once said 'stealing isnt corruption'..

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by abdulskulboy(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2015
GMB is the comedian of the year

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by sunshine1974(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2015
Don't be an idiot.
mkpakanaodogwu:
BABA1CHANCE,WE want result not talking,
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by emmatok(m): 12:24pm On May 24, 2015
CHESSBOARD:
If Buhari answered all these question then I am right behind you

#SAYNOTOSUBSIDY

Yoruba ppl protested subsidy removal when GEJ and NOI tried and they used their media to make GEJ look like the devil in disguise

GOD might have actually given Nigeria our redeemer

They protested against subsidy removel , because there was no subsidy in the first place.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Glare247(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
[b] Well,first off Buhari never built any refinery maybe he commissioned one or two but he never was part of any team that conceptualize,initiate and build any refinery at any time whatsoever.Now we have gotten that small humdrum out the way tis better for us to come to an agreement as to the fears of these marketers currently brewing this artificial scarcity,if Buhari will shut down subsidy-ironically, the same motion GEJ sought about to initiate but was opposed by the opposition,the cabals and ordinary naive Nigerians decieved in #Occupy Lagos- will these same marketers get their investments back especially now the dollar is at an all time high? If not, tis businness savvy to start a scarcity and sell your product at quadruple the normal rate so as to get back your capital and profit before the new government settles down. We don't see how the blame is Goodluck's instead we have gullible Nigerians to blame who protested against their freedom and occupied Lagos when Goodluck sought to liberate Nigerians from the shackles of the cabal...Freedom,we had the chance to be free or dum(b) but Nigerians were bambozzled by the opposition and cabal into choosing dum(b).[/b]
. Where were u during the buhari era as a minister of petroleum,u just wana spew giberish right,Kontinuu

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by stchinedu: 12:34pm On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:

y did u quote my post

u dey crase?

i b ur mate?

dis early morning? u see me for dream
Na u dey craze. You even dey ask weda you be im mate? Shame no dey catch you...With your age like metusela, common sense still hard u. Na people like you dey make oyinbo dey demand for black man brain for experiment just to be sure say dem be human.
The point be say...Nigeria is overpopulated by idiots like you so leave and give space to sensible people.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by nickxtra(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2015
If our refineries cannot refine to meet out needs, we call producers to bring us refined products and in return give them crude equivalent of that. So, PDP prefers to spend dollars on refined products that we can pay for with crude oil? This subsidy is a fraud. Thanks Baba for this information.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by atlwireles: 12:36pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
You didnt make any point in this writeup,it was neither here nor there. What did GEJ give away if not his discretion with doing away with the cabals currently holding us to ransome as far back as 2012? Ohho..You fail to remember the azonto with which you danced on you way to occupy Lagos,didnt you? Commonsense is when oil cabals dupe you to protest against policies that will remove their shackles from your necks. isn't it? What we understand is GEJ tried unbundling the oil sector for industrial competition but the cabals swindled your likes into kicking against it.....Deal with it.

Nicely done.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by suxes2005(m): 12:39pm On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:
blood of judas grin

which kind president b dis

i go change country abeg

4 years with #babaonechance won't be good 4 my health

Why cursing yourself? I pray such will never
be your portion.

~ Sheyi
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by ibisko04: 12:45pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
You didnt make any point in this writeup,it was neither here nor there. What did GEJ give away if not his discretion with doing away with the cabals currently holding us to ransome as far back as 2012? Ohho..You fail to remember the azonto with which you danced on you way to occupy Lagos,didnt you? Commonsense is when oil cabals dupe you to protest against policies that will remove their shackles from your necks. isn't it? What we understand is GEJ tried unbundling the oil sector for industrial competition but the cabals swindled your likes into kicking against it.....Deal with it.
No, Jonathan was not removing the subsidy for local production in 2012. He was merely following the system in the way of Obasanjo .
What he did was just to adjust the pump price of pms.
Take diesel and aviation fuel for instance. Diesel and jet A1 price has been dictates of market forces since 2001.
Why don't we have investors that have interests in producing them locally . Even kerosene is not regulated.
Jonathan aim's was to just take the price to higher level and the masses continue to suffer.
Let us face the reality. Local refinery is the best way for us. Not products importations.
Your theory is just for finished products import.
Wait and see what it means to produce locally very soon.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Afroconnect: 12:51pm On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:
blood of judas grin

i go change country abeg

Thieves and vagabonds of course need to be jailed/eliminated cos they are parasite to National wealth and development.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Remarkable: 12:52pm On May 24, 2015
Sharksblow:
This is the kind of president we need.

.. so when GEJ wanted to remove subsidy, why was he opposed?
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Jowonloju(m): 12:53pm On May 24, 2015
AbuuUsaamah:

The probing blow that Buhari will give these people ehn, e dey do press up for Old Trafford.
You must be a Warri Man! i won laugh die. on a serious note; Buhari will deal with Corruption. with this interview Nigerians can kiss Subsidy Bye-Bye.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Oluwaplumpie(m): 12:57pm On May 24, 2015
If I were the president - elect, I would run far away from subsidy. A certain President GEJ tried to do it (removing it is the right thing to do by the way, if we are serious about deregulation) and has not recovered from it to this day. Buhari will soon find out that the Nigeria of today is a far cry from the Nigeria that was in his time as president. There are way too many vested interests in the oil industry of this country.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by repogirl(f): 12:57pm On May 24, 2015
Baba is saying so much but not saying much..... We shall wait till you enter power.....hopefully Tinubu and Oando will help clear it up for you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by petitejolie(f): 1:00pm On May 24, 2015
All I want is a president who's gat balz to do wots right. So Baba wen u get into power nd u find out what subsidy is or is not, do d needful.gbam!!
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by zanga420: 1:07pm On May 24, 2015
makzeze:
The poster above me is a TANoid.

TANoids never see anything good or promising in Buhari.

God bless and help MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
this is the only logical discuss I've heard from GMB. Looks like he's vast in that petroleum management
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by otigbagba: 1:17pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
If you like hide your head under the sand, It will take more than 'glimmer of hope' to save Buhari from the wolves around him.
..hey b optimistic and wish d man and Nigeria well. .enof of this negative altitude. PDP ND Gej has failed us..lets move on nd wish our country well
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by coldFLARES1(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2015
mployer:

But now you all will be happy to see GMB remove subsidy.
Sadly, we are faced with a grave reality that promptly calls for the discontinuation of the subsidy regime, if it really does exist. Personally, I felt pained by the actions of the sensational activists that organized the 'OCCUPY LAGOS' protests because it only served to postpone the evil day because only alternative to Downstream Deregulation is the path of self-destruction we are in currently. But when I consider how the SURE-P was managed and the fact that a conviction is yet to be secured against any of the Subsidy crooks, I feel the protesters are justified. Fortunately, no provision is made for subsidy in the Buhari era of the 2015 budget and Nigerians are already feeling the pangs of a paralyzing fuel scarcity and may gladly accept a deregulation that can usher in competitive pricing of products as well as give investors the confidence to start building private refineries.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Benzzle: 1:42pm On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:
blood of judas grin

i go change country abeg

I think you're just being stupid...did you read before you commented?
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by samson15(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:
blood of judas grin

i go change country abeg

This comment is in bad taste. Did you read his analysis? And you just rushed to type what came to your mind after seeing the headline. People should learn to read stories before commenting.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by Kunle106(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2015
Some people will just comment only for them to read headlines without reading the full articles. At the end of the the day, na gibberish dem go post
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by 2n2k(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
[b] Well,first off Buhari never built any refinery maybe he commissioned one or two but he never was part of any team that conceptualize,initiate and build any refinery at any time whatsoever.Now we have gotten that small humdrum out the way tis better for us to come to an agreement as to the fears of these marketers currently brewing this artificial scarcity,if Buhari will shut down subsidy-ironically, the same motion GEJ sought about to initiate but was opposed by the opposition,the cabals and ordinary naive Nigerians decieved in #Occupy Lagos- will these same marketers get their investments back especially now the dollar is at an all time high? If not, tis businness savvy to start a scarcity and sell your product at quadruple the normal rate so as to get back your capital and profit before the new government settles down. We don't see how the blame is Goodluck's instead we have gullible Nigerians to blame who protested against their freedom and occupied Lagos when Goodluck sought to liberate Nigerians from the shackles of the cabal...Freedom,we had the chance to be free or dum(b) but Nigerians were bambozzled by the opposition and cabal into choosing dum(b).[/b]

Ibisko04 has adequately addressed the issue of subsidy removal in his post above

On your history revisionism about Buhari not building a refinery, he was petroleum minister between March 1976 and 1978. It was in his policy that minimum capacity for a refinery in Nigeria must be 100,000bpd hence Kaduna refinery that had been on drawing board since 1974 initially at 50,000bpd was re-conceptualised and increased to 110,000bpd to include processing of heavy Arabian or Venezuela crude. The contract for construction of Kaduna refinery was awarded by Buhari in 1977 and its fuel plant was commissioned in 1980, its Lube plant was completed in 1985 when he was Head of State, while its petrochemical plant was opened in 1988 under IBB.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by akandea(m): 1:59pm On May 24, 2015
Buhari is proving to the world he didn't get to the presidency by chance.
He know his plans well!
We will see his scoresheet soon. I'm praying and hoping he PASS, for it will be to our gain
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by pmann2(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2015
Buhari should behave like Lionel Messi, who does his talking on the field.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by shaqhead: 2:13pm On May 24, 2015
princejayboss:

Hahahahhaha .... Bro I wish to inform you that we are not seeing things the way they are .. Few months ago GMB said that there was no subsidy but why did Nigerian Labour congress and APC started panics few weeks ago when they felt that the FG did not include subsidy servicing in the budget.... Nigeria wake up .. Some of these old men knew exactly how our mind and head works ... We clap and cheer for a little thing ... If people think this man we fix Nigeria.. Then we are yet ready to take a 1000 steps back... I look to see feeding of school children, light train, 1N =1$ , 100% electricity.. lets wake up to reality, the entire world is broke not just Nigeria
If u read the article wt an open mind, u wl see d BIG PICTURE GMB is painting...previous governmnts have created a monster called "subsidy" which is feedin fat on our common patrimony which goin by his analysis of our Petroleum industry it shouldnt b so!

Why shdnt d incoming govt panic? U dnt jst wake up and starve a monster (subsidy payment) u hv bn feedin for so long. Feed it first den u can begin to find out if ds "masquerade" is a person u kno or truly some "strange wild spirit".

What Buhari is sayin is we need to unmask ds masquerade to see whats behind d mask to kno if ds monster is real or pure fiction-a creation of corruption!

Five Words: How did we get here?
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by femliany(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
And I doubt it if u have a father..Or you go happy if ur father is addressed like dat?
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by egbetokuns(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2015
With info buhari gave to us. Its Good thing for us as a country to pray that God shud
Use buhari for us change dis country for better. E be lik u no want dis country to beta that's why u support Jonathan blandly. Pls by God grace dis country will be a beta country frm may 29...
quote author=ichidodo post=34042482] [b] Well,first off Buhari never built any refinery maybe he commissioned one or two but he never was part of any team that conceptualize,initiate and build any refinery at any time whatsoever.Now we have gotten that small humdrum out the way tis better for us to come to an agreement as to the fears of these marketers currently brewing this artificial scarcity,if Buhari will shut down subsidy-ironically, the same motion GEJ sought about to initiate but was opposed by the opposition,the cabals and ordinary naive Nigerians decieved in #Occupy Lagos- will these same marketers get their investments back especially now the dollar is at an all time high? If not, tis businness savvy to start a scarcity and sell your product at quadruple the normal rate so as to get back your capital and profit before the new government settles down. We don't see how the blame is Goodluck's instead we have gullible Nigerians to blame who protested against their freedom and occupied Lagos when Goodluck sought to liberate Nigerians from the shackles of the cabal...Freedom,we had the chance to be free or dum(b) but Nigerians were bambozzled by the opposition and cabal into choosing dum(b).[/b] [/quote]
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by lawbabs: 2:14pm On May 24, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:

I am amazed that with the vast number of youths on this platform, only few are thinkers. And certainly, you are not one of them. Result? Is he the president? Result can only be demanded when he takes control.

You are not different from a foolish boy, who is a cashier at a Supermart in my Neighbourhood. A guy approached him to pay for a few items he picked (the guy is obviously from the north) but there wasnt change after he presented his cash. So he began to mock the buyer. He said, "Your uncle promised us change, after winning the election, he hasnt given us change (cash). Abeg, go buy from somewhere else". I witnessed it and fumed at him. I told him he was an eediot and doesnt even have the slightest understanding of governance except the divisionist agenda that have been forced down his throat over the years. He felt ashamed and i walked away from the supermart.

I say the same to you today. Go and think about your life and how you will make personal changes that will contribute to the greatness of Nigeria.
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by olaniyanibukun(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2015
MugabeRobert:

All am asking is for you to stop getting high on first to comment and make damn use of your brain for once. How is that difficult?

First to comment grin
MugabeRobert:

All am asking is for you to stop getting high on first to comment and make damn use of your brain for once. How is that difficult?

First to comment
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by vikeyz(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2015
just do the right thing and make Nigeria a better place cos we are at the brink of collapse and the mercy of the unjust. To my fellow Nigerians, WE SHALL OVERCOME!
Re: I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari by olayinkaj2(m): 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
Some tanoids will get heart attack when gej finally leaves office and fowl yansh go open wide, we will see the atrocities this present govt have committed. So, criminal presided over the affairs of this nation for 6yrs and allow people of selfish interest to destroy this country. Thank God Buhari won and anybody that want to run can continue to run now because wherever you run to, we will get you to account for your stewardship. Some people here do not read the interview to give a sound comment but rather choose to spew trash because hate still exist in their mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Buhari Has Dementia?' - Prof Kperogi As PMB Hands Over Flag To 'Governortorial' / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Caught With Guns In Onitsha Anambra State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.