Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts (35404 Views)

MDAs Incurred N241.95bn On Trips, Welfare, FG Blasts Them / Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Approved $322m Abacha Loot For Dasuki / Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baybeeboi: 10:39am On May 24, 2015
ayokellany:

You are worse than a pig. I know you'd pick on her for standing out against the ugly she-evil minister with the thick rubber lips. Listen good what happened to the reserve Obsanjo left before that witch from the world bank became minister under Jonathan ? How much was Nigeria's debt after Obasanjo got the debt relief this slowpoke is plunging the country into under the drunk eye of the retard from Otuoke ?

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by dvee2: 10:40am On May 24, 2015
Imagine saying nigerians should rise against oil marketers. Why can't the federal government do that? Why should a group of oil cabal hold this country at the jugular and government seems helpless? The answer is simple, this government is deeply involved and a party to this mess.
I just hope it's not too late for the new government, because the damage already done is huge

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by olasmith10(m): 10:40am On May 24, 2015
whenever they mount d podium to speak, deh carefully ignore what happened to d sure-p money,d faruk lawan subsidy scam, d $20m missing NNPC fund..add all dis together and probably we won't be in dis mess today..

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by KEVIND: 10:45am On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Liar!

As at the time OBJ was leaving office, Nigeria didn't have external debts (I stand to be corrected if wrong) and Yar'Adua left over $40 billion in ECA which sadly is now $2 billion.

NOI is the next worst thing to befall Nigeria after GEJ.
What is the Authority of your source?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by Nobody: 10:45am On May 24, 2015
I can never and will never believe okonjo-iwela. When she knew she was very patriotic, why was she collecting her salary in dollars and not naira (during Obasanjo 's administration) ? Why did she resigned when Obasanjo reshuffled his cabinet to she was asked to take over foreign affairs? She should have been so patriotic enough to serve her fatherland. Is her fatherland spending dollars? Or is there no ministry of foreign affairs in her fatherland? If she thinks she can fool Nigerians with her sugar coated mouth, I am not amongst them. She needs to be probed with her counterpart in the petroleum ministry, Alison maduake. The economy of Nigeria is in bad shape. The government is wasteful, the minister of the economy is clueless. Infact what do we expect from Jonathan when even is wife is a GHOST permanent secretary in bayelsa state? It is only in Nigeria things that are absurd are right. It is in Nigeria a former governor after dressing like a woman ( imagine one 1 citizen of his state) in a shameful manner ran back to Nigeria. He was jailed but Jonathan pardoned him simply because he was his former OGA. Funny enough the same man represented his state in CONFAB. What do u expect in that kind of confab? I rest my case here for a while. I believe there is always a silver lining in a dark cloud. The silver lining is Buhari for me. I keep my finger crossed till after may 29. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by liveexoticfish: 10:46am On May 24, 2015
Hun hum Madam theory we don't need alll yoir cooked store anymore show us all your praticles stop all this your white paper work
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baralatie(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2015
dvee2:
Imagine saying nigerians should rise against oil marketers. Why can't the federal government do that? Why should a group of oil cabal hold this country at the jugular and government seems helpless? The answer is simple, this government is deeply involved and a party to this mess.
I just hope it's not too late for the new government, because the damage already done is huge
the f.g could not do it because the citizens fought against the F.g

remember the ojota and nation wide protest against subsidy!

and the real issue is this years budget"it has no allocation for subsidy payment and guess what the marketers want"
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by cerzo(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2015
my quote of d day..i support anyone who comes to me for money based on individual assessment irrespective of political afflictn..danjuama...dis is money nd oil bloc speaking....God Pls Bless Me Wth Ego...
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by princejayboss: 10:53am On May 24, 2015
[quote author=Proffdada post=34046141][/quote]

My brother .... Nigeria Is not the only country in hard shit .... The entire Europe is in deep shit .... Then oil producing nations are facing the dance too.... It effect us more because we base our capital income on crude .... Russia is surviving today because they had other means and as you can see that they are selling their technology and armory like never before just to keep the economy ... If you understand the economics there you will know that one week can change everything
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by Nobody: 10:53am On May 24, 2015
Sweetguy25:
APC wants to run a government built and sustained by lies and forgery. They won't last.

Another tarnoid

PLS HAVE YOU TAKING YOUR DRUG TODAY? IS LIKE ITS NOT WORKING

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by boladez(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2015
Sweetguy25:
APC wants to run a government built and sustained by lies and forgery. They won't last.

Really?? .......is that all you can say to such a write up

The more comments I see here the more I see mediocrity in this our country.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by TopHand: 10:53am On May 24, 2015
When somebody wants to lie that is when they start using twisted language, please madam Ngozi minister tell us how much did GEJ inherit from Yardua becos we know during OBJ tenure the national debt of $18 billion was forgiven by our creditors, and according to reports Yardua left a healthly $40 billion in the accounts So please forget about individual state owned debt(each state has to settle its debts) and tell us about the federal debts. No twisted serpent talk, when GEJ took over what or how much did he inherit?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by abah009: 10:58am On May 24, 2015
I knew that this Ngozi is a thief, a lair and a slot.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by Proffdada: 10:59am On May 24, 2015
OBASANJO & YARADUA DID NOT
LEAVE ANY DEBT FOR NIGERIA BUT RATHER LEFT HUGE
SUMS OF MONEY AS NATIONAL RESERVE FOR NIGERIA.
JONATHAN (WHO IS NIGERIA'S GREATEST MISTAKE)
MISTAKENLY BECAME PRESIDENT ON MAY 2010 AND BY
MAY 2015,IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT JONATHAN HAS
ACCRUED A DEBT OF 60 BILLION U.S DOLLARS FOR
NIGERIA
$1 = N228
60 BILLION DOLLARS × 228 = 13.7 TRILLION NAIRA
(interest excluded)
IF NIGERIA PAYS BACK 5 BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH
13.7 TRILLION NAIRA DIVIDED BY 5 BILLION NAIRA = 2740
MONTHS
1 YEAR = 12 MONTHS
2740 MONTHS = 228 YEARS
IN OTHER WORDS,IT WILL TAKE NIGERIA AT LEAST 228
YEARS TO REPAY THE DEBT JONATHAN OWED (interest
excluded)
THIS CLEARLY MEANS THAT OUR CHILDREN,
GRANDCHILDREN,GREAT GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT
GREAT GRANDCHILDREN WILL STILL PAY WHAT
JONATHAN OWED.
Now,who says JONATHAN is not BADLUCK?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by frehage: 11:02am On May 24, 2015
Koroaso:
*********BUHARI NEEDS TO DO THE NEEDFUL**********

********HOW DID NIGERIA GET HERE ??***************

********THEY BORROWED ALL THIS MONEY AT A HIGHER EXCHANGE RATE NOW NAIRA HAS FALLEN WE PROBABLY OWE TWICE THAT AMOUNT IF YOU FACTOR IN THE NEW EXCHANGE RATE AND INTEREST ACCRUED***********

********ESSENTIALLY THESE PEOPLE HAVE SOLD NIGERIA BACK TO SLAVERY,COS WHATEVER MONEY NIGERIA MAKES NIGERIA WILL HAVE TO HAND IT OVER********

********FUEL SCARCITY,JOB SCARCITY,SECURITY SCARCITY,EDUCATION SCARCITY,HEALTH SCARCITY**********

********LETS FACE IT OUR LEADERS HAVE FAILED US*********

********THERE ARE COUNTRIES THAT DONT HAVE,THEIR ARE COUNTRIES THAT HAVE AND HAVE BEEN LOOTED *******

*******WE NEED TO STAND UP AND MOBILIZE...PDP OR APC NIGERIANS DONT GIVE A DAMN ANYMORE*******

********JONATHAN,OKONJI AND DIEZANI HAVE WRECKED THIS COUNTRY FURTHER************

********WHEN WE MADE BILLIONS IN OIL SALES WE DID NOT SAVE FOR HARD TIMES.....THESE PEOPLE STOLE NIGERIA BLIND AND INVESTED OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY,NOW THAT RAINY DAYS ARE HERE,THEY CAN GO BACK TO THEIR INVESTMENTS BUT THE COMMON MAN LIKE ME AND YOU WILL SUFFER THE HARDSHIPS******

*******ENOUGH IS ENOUGH***********

SEE THE PICTURE OF THE MEN THAT RUINED NIGERIA BELOW.
AS LEADERS YOU GUYS SHOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR A FAILED STATE,EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!!!!
YOU GUYS HAVE FAILED US AS A COUNTRY,BY CONTINUING TO ALLOW CORRUPTION,INSECURITY FESTER UNABATED.

EVERYDAY PEOPLE DIE OF UNDESERVED HARDSHIPS WHILE YOUR BILLIONS IN SWISS ACCOUNTS ARE ACCRUING INTERESTS....YOU HAVE BUILT HUMONGOUS MANSIONS WITH MONEY YOU STOLE FROM PEOPLE YOU WERE ENTRUSTED TO SERVE.

YOU ARE RUNNING THE WHOLE NATION LIKE A CIRCUS ACT......YOU MIGHT FOOL A LOT OF PEOPLE BUT NOT ALL.

ON BEHALF OF ALL NIGERIANS SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.
WE REGRET HAVING HAD YOU AS LEADERS EVER.
ALL OF YOU.
MAY KARMA SERVE YOU SIMILAR PORTIONS YOU SERVED NIGERIANS.

ONLY MEN WITH LOVE FOR THEIR NATION SHOULD BE ENTRUSTED WITH GUARDIANSHIP,NOT PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELVES.....

You probably didn't read the post carefully enough. The total stock of external debt incurred under Jonathan is $3.7 billion. Foreign exchange is required for this sum only.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by abah009: 11:03am On May 24, 2015
This government sabi do magic wella
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baralatie(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2015
Proffdada:
OBASANJO & YARADUA DID NOT LEAVE ANY DEBT FOR NIGERIA BUT RATHER LEFT HUGE SUMS OF MONEY AS NATIONAL RESERVE FOR NIGERIA. JONATHAN (WHO IS NIGERIA'S GREATEST MISTAKE) MISTAKENLY BECAME PRESIDENT ON MAY 2010 AND BY MAY 2015,IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT JONATHAN HAS ACCRUED A DEBT OF 60 BILLION U.S DOLLARS FOR NIGERIA $1 = N228 60 BILLION DOLLARS × 228 = 13.7 TRILLION NAIRA (interest excluded) IF NIGERIA PAYS BACK 5 BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH 13.7 TRILLION NAIRA DIVIDED BY 5 BILLION NAIRA = 2740 MONTHS 1 YEAR = 12 MONTHS 2740 MONTHS = 228 YEARS IN OTHER WORDS,IT WILL TAKE NIGERIA AT LEAST 228 YEARS TO REPAY THE DEBT JONATHAN OWED (interest excluded) THIS CLEARLY MEANS THAT OUR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN,GREAT GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN WILL STILL PAY WHAT JONATHAN OWED. Now,who says JONATHAN is not BADLUCK?
you need to follow up on Nigeria debt profile well,well before you get shocking news!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by kjhova(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Liar!

As at the time OBJ was leaving office, Nigeria didn't have external debts (I stand to be corrected if wrong) and Yar'Adua left over $40 billion in ECA which sadly is now $2 billion.

Actually OBJ did clear much of our $36B external debt in his time but didn't do much on the domestic front. He also built our external reserves up above the $40B mark which led to improved ratings for the country by international agencies. He did his best & it was good for us.

GEJ & NOI have worsened our domestic debt which have left many government contractors broke & moribund. The external debt has also increased marginally in their time leading to our reduced ratings. However NOI still does what she does best, spewing stats at us to confuse us!

Debt to GDP ratio of 1.5% sounds good until you figure out dat your debt is real while yur GDP is only statistical work. For example, Nigeria's GDP grew over double to $500B in one night just by MOF rebasing of the calculation!! Debt to revenue ratio of 22% is atrocious for a country bedevilled with poor infrastructure, high recurrent expenditure, endemic corruption & opaque financials!

How did this people get their PHDs?? My God!!

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baralatie(m): 11:07am On May 24, 2015
frehage:

You probably didn't read the post carefully enough. The total stock of external debt incurred under Jonathan is $3.7 billion. Foreign exchange is required for this sum only.
the problem with some people is that they are not in the know of the domestic debt incurred before Jonathan administration and the attempts to manage them.
economics and financial management things!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by PassingShot(m): 11:12am On May 24, 2015
kjhova:

Actually OBJ did clear much of our $36B external debt in his time but didn't do much on the domestic front. He also built our external reserves up above the $40B mark which led to improved ratings for the country by international agencies. He did his best & it was good for us.

GEJ & NOI have worsened our domestic debt which have left many government contractors broke & moribund. The external debt has also increased marginally in their time leading to our reduced ratings. However NOI still does what she does best, spewing stats at us to confuse us!

Debt to GDP ratio of 1.5% sounds good until you figure out dat your debt is real while yur GDP is only statistical work. For example, Nigeria's GDP grew over double to $500B in one night just by MOF rebasing of the calculation!! Debt to revenue ratio of 22% is atrocious for a country bedevilled with poor infrastructure, high recurrent expenditure, endemic corruption & opaque financials!

Thank you.
To understand that NOI is a fraud, one only needs to read and re-read Prof. Soludo's article on NOI's handling of the economy.

I keep wondering what would have happened to us in another one year had GEJ found a way to win that election.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baralatie(m): 11:12am On May 24, 2015
kjhova:

what was the domestic debt figure After obj tenure in 2007?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baralatie(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:

Thank you.
To understand that NOI is a fraud, one only needs to read and re-read Prof. Soludo's article on NOI's handling of the economy.

I keep wondering what would have happened to us in another one year had GEJ found a way to win that election.
do you have the domestic debt figure before year adua in 2007?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by frehage: 11:14am On May 24, 2015
baralatie:

the problem with some people is that they are not in the know of the domestic debt incurred before Jonathan administration and the attempts to manage them.
economics and financial management things!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by anonimi: 11:15am On May 24, 2015
JingoOAU:
The money PDP spent on electioneering campaign had it been it was used to pay part of these loans, it could have reduced drastically....

I can categorically say that PDP spent billion dollars for the election, isn't dat part of the waste we are talking abt?

And where was the money gotten from? Is it not the money borrowed to fund critical projects that were diverted for electioneering campaign....Okonjo iweala might not be corrupt, but she should quit defending indefensible, it hurts so much......

Have you shared your advice with Donatus General [DG] Amaechi who is owing several months salary and pensions despite almost N500 billion annual budget
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by cantell(m): 11:16am On May 24, 2015
Beremx:
Madam Ngozi,you will not escape being probed. You will not!

For your refusal to pay fuel marketers their subsidy payments and make Nigerians suffer,prosterity will judge you.
Someone sounds pained.
Did you buy petrol at 1k per litre? Hehehehehehe!
Remember those days you danced and protested against removal of subsidy?
Karma has come!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by NobleG1(m): 11:16am On May 24, 2015
Buhari should probe from the time he was overthrown as military dictator. He should round up Babangida, Abdusalami, Shonekan, Obasanjo (the biggest thief) and Jonathan, including all those who worked under them. Also probe all Senators and Reps. from the same time to today.

We've criminals and thieves as "leaders".
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by PassingShot(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2015
baralatie:

do you have the domestic debt figure before year adua in 2007?

It's available online. Google it!

If you need me to help you, let me know.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by babestella: 11:21am On May 24, 2015
hadura29:

I guess you will come back and eat your words someday.

He will not eat his words bro, why is it so difficult for you APC minions to accept empirical fact? Rather you bask in the euphoria of deceit, lies and propaganda pushed by your evil deceptive political masters. I can't believe pastor Osinbajo promoted this falsehood, it's the height of irresponsibility on his path. It's really sad.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by Koroaso: 11:21am On May 24, 2015
frehage:

You probably believe everything you read. where is the source of the external debt? where is the source of the internal debt?
which of these debts are we not going to pay back?
if the external debt is 3.7billion dollars why is the total sum 60billion dollars......does it matter the debt source if you still owe the same net sum at the end of the day smiley??

Please explain,i dont mind learning from you.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by 4Play(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Liar!

Make una take am easy with the mendacity shocked You have made 2 claims of fact, neither of which is correct and both of which you could have ascertained for yourself:

1) OBJ left no external debt -
Following the successful Paris Club debt deal and the exit from the London Club debts, the external debt stock dropped to US$3,544.49 million in 2006 from US$35.94 billion in 2004 and stood at $3,654.21 as at December 31, 2007
See page 5 of source here:[url]http://www.dmo.gov.ng/recent/NATIONAL%20DEBT%20MANAGEMENT%20FRAMEWORK%20%282008-2012%29.pdf[/url]

2) Yar'Adua left over $40bn in the ECA -
At the inception of his government, President Jonathan Goodluck inherited about $7 billion in the Excess Crude Account. The excess crude account stood at over $20 billion when Yar'Adua took over in 2007 but his administration regularly dipped into the account. Relatively high oil price meant the money in the ECA remained at $20.1 billion at the end of 2008. The account has a balance of $20 billion as at January 2009. By December 2009, Former President Umaru Yar’adua had reduced the Account to $7.8 billion.
http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles/daniel-elombah/3918-now-that-president-jonathan-has-decimated-the-excess-crude-account-v15-3918

Both GEJ and Yar'Adua are to blame for the deterioration of our financial position because of their public sector wage increases. In the internet age, there is no excuse for such a blatant disregard of facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by baralatie(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:

It's available online. Google it!
If you need me to help you, let me know.
lol...
paste am here naaaa!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts by Nobody: 11:26am On May 24, 2015
I have just discovered that we youth mostly on nairaland and other social networks are frustrated from insensitive administrations, families, communities, churches and mosques . We use slight opportunity to vent our frustrations. Why on earth must we abuse ourselves. Politicians use and feast these advantages and rape us more cos we are under the influence of opium called frustrations and tribalism.

The debt is incurred by past and present federal and state governments. Some people who are shouting to her haven't shouted to or asked our different state governments that borrowed which is part of debt. Then again Danjuma by this news was pointed to cos he was part of previous administration that borrowed largest chunk. Smart Ngo!

By extension, we need to ask ourselves is borrowing bad thing. Do we know how much America is owing?

The fact is that next or incoming administration will borrow too. We were told that they or we need N4.1 trillion to service debt owing by states and federal government. Which of course, they or we can not use our entire budget servicing debt. It doesn't make sense. So we go borrowing and the circle continues.

Instead of all these tribal abuses which our politicians feast on, let suggest solutions to her and the incoming administrations.

Then my solutions, opening up other sectors of income- Agriculture, explorations of other natural resources, education of minds of Nigerians.
Though much have been done in ICT, youths need to be aware of potential it has in 21century.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abolish Amotekun Now - Yoruba Appraisal Forum Urges Buhari / Mr Macaroni Threatened For Not Supporting A Presidential Candidate / Fayemi Christmas Rice Hits Ekiti Towns (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.