Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel (5047 Views)

See The Result Of The Poll Between Buhari And Stone so far (photo) / Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him / South South Is Not Part Of Biafra- Ubong .E. Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by dckelvin(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2015
basilo101:
Even some igbos in SE dnt want Biafra, but a referandum will decide, once majority want it u dnt hv option weda se or ss. Nobody cn take any teritory by force in dis modern age.
Igbos in south east don't want Biafra?
are you serious?
Expect the same pattern of voting you saw during the recent presidential Election if there shud be a referendum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by worthytalk: 3:51pm On May 24, 2015
@op I'm from Erema community in Egi clan of ogbaland in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA of Rivers state. I can authoritatively tell you that my Ogba kinsmen are for Biafra. There is nothing like Igbo struggle in Biafra. That's what Hausa/Fulani has being using to cause division among brethren. We are wiser now. Biafra is the only name that any monkey and baboon in the zoological republic called Nigeria will hear and tremble. On Biafra We Stand!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by ezeagu(m): 3:53pm On May 24, 2015
Why is it always people who aren't from the east are consistently raising their voices for people in the east?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by chiefinalowo: 4:04pm On May 24, 2015
adeitoro:

for once a yolloba man to stay outside Southwest, Jah be blessed.
My dear you deserve an award to acheive such feat.
Imagined a yolloba man mentioning towns in Bayelsa, wow I am astonished.

By the way, hope is not NYSC that took you to that place.

Lol, this is my 11th year in Bayelsa state. I have worked on some projects in Adagbabiri, odi, Amasoma(wilberforce island), okolobiri just to mention a few.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Masterclass32: 4:04pm On May 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Why is it always people who aren't from the east are consistently raising their voices for people in the east?

I wonder o!
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 24, 2015
we have oil in the five south eastern states.we also have coal,bauxite,natural gas,limestone,traces of gold,salt and other solid minerals.we have three international markets,we manufacture cars,tires,batteries,wheel and assemble cars also and highly skilled personnel.we also have Oguta lake that can give us access to the sea.
It sounds ridiculous when some people say ''we want to steal their oil''

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by CaptainJune: 4:26pm On May 24, 2015
I don't even get the problem with my igbo brothers. Why include SS in our struggle for self-determination? Oil is the curse of Nigeria that even with the abundance of it Nigeria is still going backward rather than forward. Go to many developed countries, is it oil that has made them what they are? Who needs the SS oil when there are way much better things that can sustain the Nation of Biafra?
I agree with the OP. South South should have no part in the formation of Biafra lest they accuse us of forcefully including them in our struggle so as to exploiting them of their oil. This will be a major blow to our image.
Let them remain in Nigeria or form their territory. We have no time for nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by fr3do(m): 4:47pm On May 24, 2015
chiefinalowo:
An Ijaw man told me yesterday that they cannot be in the same country with ibos should Nigeria disintegrates.
He said, we are better off in Nigeria than to be in a new country with ibos that have eyes on their oil.
He said, politically they can be allies but it won't go beyond that level.

you are yoruba!
You are not comfortable with the SS and SE overlooking unnecessary and self destructive hatred to join forces for their own good.

What about all other Ijaw men except your friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by fr3do(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2015
chiefinalowo:

I have not seen anyone here in Yenagoa that wants to be in a new country with ibos.
They even like Yorubas more than ibos.

do they like the Hausas more than the Igbos?

We know that the support of GEJ by the majority of Igbos (I must respect Igbos who didnt vote for GEJ) in the presidential election has stirred up an alliance between the two ethnic groups.
I suspect this alliance was very instrumental to the emergence of Okowa an Anioma man and Otuaro an Ijaw man as Governor-elect and Deputy-governor-elect of Delta state respectively.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by tonychristopher: 5:24pm On May 24, 2015
worthytalk:
@op I'm from Erema community in Egi clan of ogbaland in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA of Rivers state. I can authoritatively tell you that my Ogba kinsmen are for Biafra. There is nothing like Igbo struggle in Biafra. That's what Hausa/Fulani has being using to cause division among brethren. We are wiser now. Biafra is the only name that any monkey and baboon in the zoological republic called Nigeria will hear and tremble. On Biafra We Stand!

Chukwu gozie gi ...nwanne

4 Likes

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Remarkable: 6:02pm On May 24, 2015
Bia, Ubong Etuk Obong or whatever your name is, you can soil your trousers for all we care, nobody knows you, its on NL that your mischief ends... people on the ground in the SS are taking charge and forming groups to align with Biafra... how many leaders of the major groups have come out to say SS is not aligning to SE? Exactly, none. What you have is their attaching SS to SE (SS/SE) when they want to refer to the lower nigera, pretty much the former eastern region...

Hear this again, from an SS leader that matters (not you, sorry):
"Lower Niger Congress has said the outcome of the 2015 elections has further shown the marginalisation of the South-Southa and South-East people and the need for the region to decide its continuation in the union called Nigeria.

President, Lower Niger Congress, Fred Agbeyegbe, at a press conference in Lagos on Monday said though the international community with its observers has adjudged the 2015 election as peaceful, free and fair, but many disputations around the nation’s constitutional foundation remain unattended to and particularly without any hope of true federalism being ushered into Nigeria.

Speaking on the theme, “The Lower Niger and the Reality of 2015” Agbeyegbe said that the Nigeria constitution and the nation’s democracy have not favoured the people and the region in spite of its abundant resources, therefore there is the need to seek self determination.

“We are, nevertheless, compelled to observe that, even if the rest of the world cannot see through the façade of a penchant for democracy, we, the ethnic nationalities, minorities, owners of the resources, victims of and for whose sake the Nigeria brand of democracy was wrought, are aware that their commercial interests in a ‘peaceful’ Nigeria, overrides any pretended interest in democracy."

Fred Agbeyegbe is an SS man, who are you? and who knows you? Exactly, nobody.

So go and take otapiapia ka o apiasia gi isi. Ozu nkita di ka gi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Remarkable: 6:13pm On May 24, 2015
oduastates:
All I have to put here.
Odua states territorial and the itshekiris want nothing to do with that lower Niger nonsense.
The ogonis have also said the next journey for them after Nigeria is an independent ogoni state.

you are over the in the west, and you are concerned on what the Ogoni's want? way over on the other side in the east? why is that?

Left to me all these tiny communities will need a 100% Yes in a referendum before being allowed to join Biafra, because the last thing, very last thing, the only thing that is making me a tard uncomfortable with Biafra is the possibility of having internal problems like South Sudan, or Eritrea that got independence and became worse off,Biafra should not be rushed, careful, very careful calculations should be taken, it has to work, no time (or room) for nonsense.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by santos247(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2015
If the Igbo nation wants a separate country...so be it. But I can bet it that majority of Ijaws, Urhobo, Itshekiris, Edos will never vote in support of a joint country with my Nna guys.
If you people think in the line of war, you people should also remember that you don't fight war with only guns and bullets, you need food to prosecute whatever your Babelic ambitions are. We shall stand bye and watch as you unfold who you wanna be
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by emiye(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2015
I hope those secessionist minded people have done a SWOT analysis of these biafra /lower niger parade ? by SWOT, i mean the strength, WEAKNESS, opportunities and THREATS. Only a fool will be fixated about the strength and opportunities of an idea without looking at the weakness and threats or be under the illusion there are none. When you have assessed the negativities of an idea, you plan for mitigation.

I no wan hear story that touch down the line ooooo. Wish u luck with ur biafra/lower niger, but put it in mind there will be repercussions.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 24, 2015
SOUNDKING:
his case is dead on arrival. Biafra or lower Nger are the same. Freedom is what we need.

stop dragging us into ur stupid Biafra ,,, hw is SS d same with Biafra... must u comment on every thread ?

d OP is jst 1 Yoruba boy looking 4 attention,trying to bring enemity with me and Igbo, and u fell 4 his trap, I will ignore ur stupidity today, bt won't next time

1 Like

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 24, 2015
Ikwerreboy:

Good people of south south and south eastern nigeria, i greet you all and wish you from the bottom of my
heart goodluck in all your positive doings.
I am Ubong .E. Daniel,and i hail from the ibibio ethnic nationality in the south south region of
nigeria, and i want to use this medium to express my thoughts towards the tom and jerry merging of the
south south and south east nigeria to form what is called Lower Niger, as the igbos have discovered that
presenting the word 'biafra' to the niger deltans (south south) willnever be acepted by us as it is been
seen by many from the south south region today as an igbo struggle, which eventually it is.
The rate at which the igbos are been hated,discriminated,marginalised,cursed and condemmed in the south
south needs answers to questions such as:
(a) Are the south south still ready to merge with the igbos after what they suffered during the eastern region
governmennt,were the igbos used the intrumentality of government power to almost extinguish the other tribes
and ethnic groups the niger delta (south south), all schools were in igbo land, even though the white man came
through the sea, All commercial cities were in igbo land (south east) even though the produces were from etche,
ikwerre,ogoni,orashi and ijaw lands, the rail system was conjured to start or terminate in the heart of igbo
land even though they had no raw materials and sea ports, they forced the teaching of igbo cultures and use of
igbo language in schools and churches expecially in ikwerre land together with its brothers the ogbas and
the ekpeyes in present day rivers state systematically almost eradicating of the traces of the above groups
in the south south, we the ibibios we known this we even have the case of Arochukwu-Ibibio war, and when it was
war time, they made the niger delta (south south) the battle field.
Forget about who is representing who in the so called Lower Niger congress, for the minds of the masses
in the south south and south east needs to be made known by going to the polling booth for peace and unit
amongst us.
We should not decieve ourselves, south south and south east is not united, forget about the patern
of voting in the just concluded presidential election, were all the south easterners supporeted Jonathan from
the south south region, after all during the 2011 presidential election the south west (except osun state)
together with the southeast all supported Jonathan who hails from the south south region.
The newly formed Lower Niger which they said consist of the south south and south east by some group of
representative with the mandate of having a soverign state can not be used to consider the fact that the people
of the south south and south east have agreedbto form a republic known as Lower niger,biafra or whatever.
Truth is sometimes bitter, but it has to be told for peace and unity amongst us.
The south south and south east still harbour hatred between each other expecially in the south south region.
Majority of the Ogonis,ijaws,ikwerre and its brothers the ogba and ekpeye still have deep hatred in there minds
over the igbos, even though they sometimes get married to them, try visit rivers state and see for yourself.
I am trying to prevent inter-ethnic crisis that will make the proposed republic worst than nigeria as the
igbos are always bent on dominating and over throwning the ihabitants of any area they migrant to (Sir Ahmadu Bello).
Look at the map adopted by the so called Lower Niger congress, the ogonis,Itsekiri, and the ikwerres
together with there brothers, the ogbas and ekpeyes are no were to be found. But rather they grouped them as
igbo even when they are been regarded as ethnic groups of their own by the Nigerian government, not igbo,
not hausa, not yoruba, not ijaw.Even with the population of the ikwerres been the largest ethnic group in
rivers state together with there brothers, the ogbas and ekpeyes who have made it clear even before the biafran
war that they are not and have never been igbo which also lead them to been regarded as an ethnic group by the
nigerian government was group under the so called Lower Niger map as igbos what nonsense.
This shows how unserious they are, it shows they have not made poper consultation and that they are speaking
for themselves. Because i know very well that the ekpeyes,ogonis,itserkiri,engennis and the ikwerres with its brothers
the ogbas and ekpeyes will not acept the so called map of Lower Niger by the Lower Niger congress.
Keeping the map issue aside, i think it would be better if an election is been carried out in the south south
to determine whether to:
(a) Remain as Nigerians
(b) Form a soverign state called Lower niger/biafra which will consist of the south south and south east states
(c) Or the south east should go and form there own republic while the south south form there own niger delta republic.
At the end of this excecise what ever the majority falls at, so be it..
To me this the best way the masses can express their feeling which in feature will bring nothing but peace,love and
unity.

Do you know you are very stup!d? Stop behaving as if you pple has resources more than the SE because, there are states in SE that has Oil and those states are: Abia, imo and somewhere in Anambra. We have Coal in Enugu and limestone at akalagu abonyi. So, what's the heck? Do you pple from SS think we cannot do without you? Then you guys must be dreaming!!
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 24, 2015
Remarkable:
Bia, Ubong Etuk Obong or whatever your name is, you can soil your trousers for all we care, nobody knows you, its on NL that your mischief ends... people on the ground in the SS are taking charge and forming groups to align with Biafra... how many leaders of the major groups have come out to say SS is not aligning to SE? Exactly, none. What you have is their attaching SS to SE (SS/SE) when they want to refer to the lower nigera, pretty much the former eastern region...

Hear this again, from an SS leader that matters (not you, sorry):
"Lower Niger Congress has said the outcome of the 2015 elections has further shown the marginalisation of the South-Southa and South-East people and the need for the region to decide its continuation in the union called Nigeria.

President, Lower Niger Congress, Fred Agbeyegbe, at a press conference in Lagos on Monday said though the international community with its observers has adjudged the 2015 election as peaceful, free and fair, but many disputations around the nation’s constitutional foundation remain unattended to and particularly without any hope of true federalism being ushered into Nigeria.

Speaking on the theme, “The Lower Niger and the Reality of 2015” Agbeyegbe said that the Nigeria constitution and the nation’s democracy have not favoured the people and the region in spite of its abundant resources, therefore there is the need to seek self determination.

“We are, nevertheless, compelled to observe that, even if the rest of the world cannot see through the façade of a penchant for democracy, we, the ethnic nationalities, minorities, owners of the resources, victims of and for whose sake the Nigeria brand of democracy was wrought, are aware that their commercial interests in a ‘peaceful’ Nigeria, overrides any pretended interest in democracy."

Fred Agbeyegbe is an SS man, who are you? and who knows you? Exactly, nobody.

So go and take otapiapia ka o apiasia gi isi. Ozu nkita di ka gi.

okay clap 4 urself, Mr SS belongs 2. SE

Kids all over NL
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 24, 2015
Goodboiyy:

okay clap 4 urself, Mr SS belongs 2. SE

Kids all over NL
What he said is nothing but the truth!! A lot of things are happening but people like you are so dumb to notice.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 24, 2015
ekenedegreat:
What he said is nothing but the truth!! A lot of things are happening but people like you are so dumb to notice.

hey mister, don't seat in ur home in SE and tell me trash, if probably u re from SS then its jst ur opinion.
... Enough of all This Crap, No tribe or state can Speak 4 d whole of SS, Calling us Biafran is so childish of u.. u only See South Southerner on NL shouting Biafra, bt I jst ignore them cous i 8 calling people dey re from other tribe if dey claim dey re from SS...

d OP must b silly trying to bring enemity b/w me & my Igbo neighbor
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by pazienza(m): 8:33pm On May 24, 2015
CaptainJune:
I don't even get the problem with my igbo brothers. Why include SS in our struggle for self-determination? Oil is the curse of Nigeria that even with the abundance of it Nigeria is still going backward rather than forward. Go to many developed countries, is it oil that has made them what they are? Who needs the SS oil when there are way much better things that can sustain the Nation of Biafra?
I agree with the OP. South South should have no part in the formation of Biafra lest they accuse us of forcefully including them in our struggle so as to exploiting them of their oil. This will be a major blow to our image.
Let them remain in Nigeria or form their territory. We have no time for nonsense.

You are falling a victim to Arewa-Odua divide and conquer tactics. Ndiigbo want out of Nigeria, let's use any name, means, and help from any other group to leave the Zoo first. Later we can decide if we want to share a country with those groups, or form an independent Republic of Alaigbo for strictly Igbo speaking people. But we have to leave the Zoo first, and we can use all the help we can get.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 24, 2015
worthytalk:
I know with radio biafra many will rise up to reality. Our pple used to say that "no matter how you bury the truth it must germinate". So ikwerreboy if you like turn to Obong.E that's your headache and not ours.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by fr3do(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2015
emiye:
I hope those secessionist minded people have done a SWOT analysis of these biafra /lower niger parade ? by SWOT, i mean the strength, WEAKNESS, opportunities and THREATS. Only a fool will be fixated about the strength and opportunities of an idea without looking at the weakness and threats or be under the illusion there are none. When you have assessed the negativities of an idea, you plan for mitigation.

I no wan hear story that touch down the line ooooo. Wish u luck with ur biafra/lower niger, but put it in mind there will be repercussions.

State the perceived repercussions and weaknesses so they can be worked up on to move things forward.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by pazienza(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2015
emiye:

Where will the threat be coming from? From the Arewa-Odua parasites? Cos only parasites force co existence and issue threats when their host seek to rid themselves of the parasites.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 24, 2015
The OP Ikwerreboy is a yoruba man.

Any SS that believes this hogwash is a CAPITAL FOOL! Igbos have lived peacefully with us as neighbors for thousands of years; they did not invade or conquer our land. Even after the war and they had nothing...did they invade us to take our oil? They went about doing their business and coexisting peacefully with us. Instead Hausas and Yorubas are the ones taking our oil at the expense of seed of discord sowed between us. Some of us are certified FOOLS. Use your brain now!

Radio Biafra has come stay and SS are now listening in droves!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Ojiofor: 8:48pm On May 24, 2015
This impostor just should better be ignored.
people should learn how to ignore attention seeking nobody like the op.
His opinion on Biafra means absolutely nothing.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by atlwireles: 8:51pm On May 24, 2015
new2020:
The OP Ikwerreboy is a yoruba man.

Any SS that believes this hogwash is a CAPITAL FOOL! Igbos have lived peacefully with us as neighbors for thousands of years; they did not invade or conquer our land. Even after the war and they had nothing...did they invade us to take our oil? They went around doing their business and coexisting peacefully with us. Instead Hausas and Yorubas are the ones taking our oil. Some of us are certified FOOLS. Use your brain now!

Nobody believes him, just the regular NL pretenders. I normally ignore them.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 24, 2015
saintikechi:
Biafra will be better without the distractions of the ibibios, ijaws and others. It should be strictly igbo land.

Hope you know Ibibios are natural allies of the Igbos! Ijaws and others may be a little wishy washy but need some guidance!

The fight will be uncompleted if Igbos went alone. The enemy can use some of us to cause problem in the future as we are neighbors. So going together will work well in the long run!

1 Like

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by afanide: 9:21pm On May 24, 2015
FreeGlobe:
is there anything as south south? Can there ever be a south south country? Answer is NO

We dont need that. We are ok with what we have.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by CaptainJune: 9:45pm On May 24, 2015
pazienza:

You are falling a victim to Arewa-Odua divide and conquer tactics. Ndiigbo want out of Nigeria, let's use any name, means, and help from any other group to leave the Zoo first. Later we can decide if we want to share a country with those groups, or form an independent Republic of Alaigbo for strictly Igbo speaking people. But we have to leave the Zoo first, and we can use all the help we can get.
And leave we shall. My comment was made based on other factors besides this. I have heard some South South indigenes harp to the point of nausea that the Igbos are only interested in profiting from their oil resource and that's why they willy nilly included them in their Biafran map. As if the South East has thrived on the oil resource of the South South to this moment. You can't begin to imagine my disgust for those imps.

South South was part of the former Eastern region before the it was broken down into various territories. They were originally part of the East but if they think the South West or North are better neighbours than their South-Eastern brothers, then by all means let them leave. I'm sick and tired of listening to them whining about their oil as if the South East is not blessed with oil, too, with even abundant resources on top of that.

I want to make the point that Biafra depends not on the South South or their oil for survival. Biafra is self-sustaining and self dependent. With or without the SS, Biafra shall become a reality.

Like you said, our priority is leaving this shithole called Nigeria and if the SS show any inclination to remain with them or come with us, it is very fine by me.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by pazienza(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2015
CaptainJune:
And leave we shall. My comment was made based on other factors besides this. I have heard some South South indigenes harp to the point of nausea that the Igbos are only interested in profiting from their oil resource and that's why they willy nilly included them in their Biafran map. As if the South East has thrived on the oil resource of the South South to this moment. You can't begin to imagine my disgust for those imps.

South South was part of the former Eastern region before the it was broken down into various territories. They were originally part of the East but if they think the South West or North are better neighbours than their South-Eastern brothers, then by all means let them leave. I'm sick and tired of listening to them whining about their oil as if the South East is not blessed with oil, too, with even abundant resources on top of that.

I want to make the point that Biafra depends not on the South South or their oil for survival. Biafra is self-sustaining and self dependent. With or without the SS, Biafra shall become a reality.

Like you said, our priority is leaving this shithole called Nigeria and if the SS show any inclination to remain with them or come with us, it is very fine by me.

It disgusts me too, the whole " you want our oil mantra".

I only want an Igbo only country, but it's going to be hard to get , we have to work widely with other groups to achieve that. Once we are out of the Zoo, I expect all groups to answer their father's name, I don't fancy another tower of Babel.
Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by patrick89(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2015
Ikwerreboy:

Good people of south south and south eastern nigeria, i greet you all and wish you from the bottom of my
heart goodluck in all your positive doings.
I am Ubong .E. Daniel,and i hail from the ibibio ethnic nationality in the south south region of
nigeria, and i want to use this medium to express my thoughts towards the tom and jerry merging of the
south south and south east nigeria to form what is called Lower Niger, as the igbos have discovered that
presenting the word 'biafra' to the niger deltans (south south) willnever be acepted by us as it is been
seen by many from the south south region today as an igbo struggle, which eventually it is.
The rate at which the igbos are been hated,discriminated,marginalised,cursed and condemmed in the south
south needs answers to questions such as:
(a) Are the south south still ready to merge with the igbos after what they suffered during the eastern region
governmennt,were the igbos used the intrumentality of government power to almost extinguish the other tribes
and ethnic groups the niger delta (south south), all schools were in igbo land, even though the white man came
through the sea, All commercial cities were in igbo land (south east) even though the produces were from etche,
ikwerre,ogoni,orashi and ijaw lands, the rail system was conjured to start or terminate in the heart of igbo
land even though they had no raw materials and sea ports, they forced the teaching of igbo cultures and use of
igbo language in schools and churches expecially in ikwerre land together with its brothers the ogbas and
the ekpeyes in present day rivers state systematically almost eradicating of the traces of the above groups
in the south south, we the ibibios we known this we even have the case of Arochukwu-Ibibio war, and when it was
war time, they made the niger delta (south south) the battle field.
Forget about who is representing who in the so called Lower Niger congress, for the minds of the masses
in the south south and south east needs to be made known by going to the polling booth for peace and unit
amongst us.
We should not decieve ourselves, south south and south east is not united, forget about the patern
of voting in the just concluded presidential election, were all the south easterners supporeted Jonathan from
the south south region, after all during the 2011 presidential election the south west (except osun state)
together with the southeast all supported Jonathan who hails from the south south region.
The newly formed Lower Niger which they said consist of the south south and south east by some group of
representative with the mandate of having a soverign state can not be used to consider the fact that the people
of the south south and south east have agreedbto form a republic known as Lower niger,biafra or whatever.
Truth is sometimes bitter, but it has to be told for peace and unity amongst us.
The south south and south east still harbour hatred between each other expecially in the south south region.
Majority of the Ogonis,ijaws,ikwerre and its brothers the ogba and ekpeye still have deep hatred in there minds
over the igbos, even though they sometimes get married to them, try visit rivers state and see for yourself.
I am trying to prevent inter-ethnic crisis that will make the proposed republic worst than nigeria as the
igbos are always bent on dominating and over throwning the ihabitants of any area they migrant to (Sir Ahmadu Bello).
Look at the map adopted by the so called Lower Niger congress, the ogonis,Itsekiri, and the ikwerres
together with there brothers, the ogbas and ekpeyes are no were to be found. But rather they grouped them as
igbo even when they are been regarded as ethnic groups of their own by the Nigerian government, not igbo,
not hausa, not yoruba, not ijaw.Even with the population of the ikwerres been the largest ethnic group in
rivers state together with there brothers, the ogbas and ekpeyes who have made it clear even before the biafran
war that they are not and have never been igbo which also lead them to been regarded as an ethnic group by the
nigerian government was group under the so called Lower Niger map as igbos what nonsense.
This shows how unserious they are, it shows they have not made poper consultation and that they are speaking
for themselves. Because i know very well that the ekpeyes,ogonis,itserkiri,engennis and the ikwerres with its brothers
the ogbas and ekpeyes will not acept the so called map of Lower Niger by the Lower Niger congress.
Keeping the map issue aside, i think it would be better if an election is been carried out in the south south
to determine whether to:
(a) Remain as Nigerians
(b) Form a soverign state called Lower niger/biafra which will consist of the south south and south east states
(c) Or the south east should go and form there own republic while the south south form there own niger delta republic.
At the end of this excecise what ever the majority falls at, so be it..
To me this the best way the masses can express their feeling which in feature will bring nothing but peace,love and
unity.

Raphael Osas Obasuyi when will you stop disgracing yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Succession: South'south And South'east Should Go To The Poll- Ubong .E. Daniel by Nobody: 12:34am On May 25, 2015
Goodboiyy:

hey mister, don't seat in ur home in SE and tell me trash, if probably u re from SS then its jst ur opinion.
... Enough of all This Crap, No tribe or state can Speak 4 d whole of SS, Calling us Biafran is so childish of u.. u only See South Southerner on NL shouting Biafra, bt I jst ignore them cous i 8 calling people dey re from other tribe if dey claim dey re from SS...

d OP must b silly trying to bring enemity b/w me & my Igbo neighbor
This is not a thing of tribe or state, it is about your own kinsmen if you don't know. If you doubt me go and do your research very well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Adopted Daughter Fatima Dies Of Brain Cancer In UK(Pictured) / BREAKING NEWS: APC Wins Rivers State Bye- Election / Ominous Signs If Kanu Wasn't Bluffing About MOSSAD Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.