Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,723 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria (36196 Views)

Fayose And NUPENG Officials Meet Aregbesola To Settle Ekiti Fuel Crisis / Okorocha’s Trip To Turkey Cripples State, As Workers Lament Govt Insincerity / Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by ichidodo: 6:37pm On May 24, 2015
BCharlie:

[s]If you ever comment on this forum again in your life. Mumu wey no get fake. Who is ruling presently? Una madness wey una call JEG, this is the farewell message to Nigerians
when he was distributing dollars to the dullards, we're you dead? Now the economy has crumbled you are pushing it to the innocent ones. Mumu original[/s].
We don't like goats quoting us. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by CriticalThought: 6:39pm On May 24, 2015
As I have mentioned before on previous threads, fixing Nigeria is not rocket science, we have the people and ideas, just get them in the right position and get out of thier way.

This fuel crisis is a sad but necessary situation

It shows how vulnerable we are, any time the West doesn't like what we are doing, all they need to do is block our ports and watch Nigeria crumble from within or capitulate to their demands

It shows how dependent we are on imports, that is a risk for National Security. We need to fix and privatize our current refineries and build more. FG must ensure the sector is regulated fairly. Oil subsidy is not sustainable long term, power should no longer be in the hands of oil marketers

We must also get the gas sector working. We have one of the largest reserves in the world and most of it untapped. This gas can be exported and in fact even used to meet our power needs. Again, privatization is key here, with proper FG regulation. Government has shown they cannot do it by themselves alone.

In terms of power, we need a proper grid being supplied by gas and our dams. All the knowledge is out there, the infrastructure is the issue, let private sector take over distribution and FG worry about regulation, so they don't overcharge the masses

Once we take care of these issues, foreign investments will come back into our markets and that means economic growth and development for us all. It also means there will be a bigger explosion of small business owners and Nigerian banks will be more willing to lend credit to these businesses

The exports from oil and gas to Europe as well as exports of electricity to other West African nations can be used to service the countries debts. Whatever isn't used to pay debts should be split between investing into the economy(hospitals,roads,education,sports,arts) and saving into a sovereign wealth fund that can be used in times of national emergency

We must also see cost cutting as a necessary measure, Nigerians tend to be flashy, we need to cultivate the spirit of saving money for a rainy day

We must suffer hardship now in order to get it right later.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by October1960: 6:39pm On May 24, 2015
Even before the British came we were still mis-treating yourself and being greedy.

Greedyness and selfishness our main problem. Other nations invest in their own countries politicians and government officials FROM ALL TRIBES steal and pillage from local, state and National levels. Go overseas with the money to live large while their fellow citizens suffer in Naija.

Harkynkunle:
Nigeria's problem. started........ in d year 1914....
Luggard........ Where ever u are...... I believe u can see what ur greediness gave birth to.....
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by temitemi1(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2015
I tell you brother...
hizaya61:
Even buhari go trek go swearing ground
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Eboski(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

GEJ INTENTIONALLY DECIDE TO PUNISH THE SOUTH WEST AND THE NORTH FOR VOTING GMB. THERE IS NO SCARCITY OF FUEL IN THE SS/SE ALL BECAUSE THEY VOTED PDP. NO WONDER THE IGBOS CALL HIM THEIR HERO. THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE. GEJ'S BODY LANGUAGE HAS SHOWN THAT HE CARES ABOUT ONLY THE IGBOS AND THE SS.

I HOPE THE IGBOS WONT CRY VICTIM WHEN THINGS DONT GO THEIR USUALL WAY UNDER GMB. THEY BETTER ENJOY THE REMAINING DAYS OF PDP WHILE IT LASTS
mumu I pray make u get sense, here in calabar we are buying fuel at the rate of 150 a litre.... pls get sense
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by AdeniyiA(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2015
koligs:
Fuel Scarcity everywhere............I'm wonder the future of this Country.. No Light Fuel Scarcity Bad road Even mtn,glo and Airtel network is getting scars now. Lol
in fact there's scarcity of English language cheesy
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Joshuaovienria(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2015
I remember dose days in Total filling station at garrison portharcourt. How i use to sell 4liters of pms for 5oo naira. All my fellow black marketers i salute una. Dis is charles pump 12. But now i have repented, given my life to Christ. Am now a legitimate businessman in Ghana
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Jambsupport(f): 6:51pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

GEJ INTENTIONALLY DECIDE TO PUNISH THE SOUTH WEST AND THE NORTH FOR VOTING GMB. THERE IS NO SCARCITY OF FUEL IN THE SS/SE ALL BECAUSE THEY VOTED PDP. NO WONDER THE IGBOS CALL HIM THEIR HERO. THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE. GEJ'S BODY LANGUAGE HAS SHOWN THAT HE CARES ABOUT ONLY THE IGBOS AND THE SS.

I HOPE THE IGBOS WONT CRY VICTIM WHEN THINGS DONT GO THEIR USUALL WAY UNDER GMB. THEY BETTER ENJOY THE REMAINING DAYS OF PDP WHILE IT LASTS
shut up, u are sayin rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

really? why then did I buy fuel 250 per litre in delta State?
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by kingin: 7:03pm On May 24, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]They sell it #220 in oyo
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by mayusguy(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2015
Stop this crap pls. You dont just remove fuel subsidy before repairing refineries, the problem with 2012 was that refineries werent working and you just wana remove subsidy which doesnt make sense. As a leader he should know that refineries should be working before taking such drastic measures
ichidodo:
We no dey hear word...Seriously we would like this scarcity to continue so as to teach gullible Nigerians how not to dance their way into slavery as we observed during 2012 subsidy protest....Thieffnubu's media propaganda decieved us into demonizing Goodluck and cheering the oil cabals during those difficult days...
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Ikegift4real(m): 7:16pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

Ewu GAMBIA we hv hundreds of mini refineries in d $$/$€ . we know business, we know hw to save for rainy days.
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 24, 2015
austinbrown:
idiot thunder fire ur mama
shocked

*mama ke* that was too harsh na.
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

No fuel scarcity in SS? Am sure ur brain has contacted a virus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by chommyAngela: 7:26pm On May 24, 2015
Aminat508:

http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-crisis-cripples-nigeria/

Pix: • A crowd waiting to buy petrol at Oando filling station on Iju Road, Agege, Lagos... on Saturday. | credits: Stanley Ogidi
na waoooo ....... Oga j! dia s God ooooo###
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:
No light since 4days ago now. No fuel to fill the generator, bad network is not exempted, and I told my yankee friend that we are in hell, he said NO.

May God have mercy on this country.

Things must change
Which village do you live in?

grin
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 7:30pm On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:
Which village do you live in?
grin
Ibadan village embarassed … una get light over there?
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Ibadan village embarassed … una get light over there?
Lol, it went off some hours ago.

tongue
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Imokay: 7:41pm On May 24, 2015
ichidodo:
We no dey hear word...Seriously we would like this scarcity to continue so as to teach gullible Nigerians how not to dance their way into slavery as we observed during 2012 subsidy protest....Thieffnubu's media propaganda decieved us into demonizing Goodluck and cheering the oil cabals during those difficult days...

The demonstration was a wake up call to Jonathan to start governing the country rather than handover to cabals and untouchables, apparently he and people like you did not get the message. See where it has led him and his presidency, i know it is still painful but start thinking straight.

We can as well disband the customs and allow smugglers a field day since we are finding it difficult to stem the tide of smuggled goods. I have never heard of a government abandon it's policy not because it cannot afford but because it is impotent or unwilling to enforce it.
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by EbuGeneral(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
hediot, when will you have sense?
searching4lovee:
undecided

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 7:44pm On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lol, it went off some hours ago.

tongue

Nawa oo embarassed … na thunder go fire jona and his assemblage of devastating agents.

This country don tire me no be small...I'll be leaving soon
angry
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Nawa oo embarassed … na thunder go fire jona and his assemblage of devastating agents.

This country don tire me no be small...I'm leaving soon
angry
Don't worry!

The dauran illiterate would assume office on 29th.
There's a glimmer of hope, ahead. grin

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by babestella: 7:57pm On May 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Actually, the oil cabals benefit more from fuel subsidy removal. It means they can fix their prices....and earn higher profits.

Many Nigerians opposed fuel subsidy removal because the average Nigerian is living under a dollar a day...and frankly telling someone about how removal of fuel subsidy will benefit him or her in the long term...while he/she is saddled with high transport and food prices as a result of high fuel price is not going to be easy.

The cabals will still not be able to fix prices. Government will still play price & quality regulatory roles by fixing price mark ups based on the landing cost of the product and ensuring quality fuel is sold to Nigerians.
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Abba999(f): 7:58pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

I don't abuse people here. But for you: it's irresistible.

May The God of River Niger drown you into abbess. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 7:58pm On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:

Don't worry!

The dauran illiterate would assume office on 29th.
There's a glimmer of hope, ahead. grin
Yes, I hope and pray so, but thunder will eventually fire jona and his hobnobber, those licking his boot inclusive
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Uncletony(m): 7:59pm On May 24, 2015
& some APshit said jonathan Government was'nt doing anything all along!. all these yrs u were enjoying d product.
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Yes, I hope and pray so, but thunder will eventually fire jona and his hobnobber, those licking his boot inclusive
Preferring him in place of dauran-illiterate-cattle-rearer doesn't equate butt-licking.
I say an, "Amen" to your prayer.

angry grin
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by babestella: 8:04pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

Bigot, tribal virus trolling NL, go and take your medicine & after that you can check the list of major oil marketers and who owns them. S1lly minion.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 24, 2015
Abba999:

I don't abuse people here. But for you: it's irresistible.

May The God of River Niger drown you into abbess. undecided

Oloshi it is abyss. when they say make una go school na dick u go dey fucckk about. na ur family go drown for river niger. ugly prostitute
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 8:08pm On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:

Preferring him in place of dauran-illiterate-cattle-rearer doesn't equate butt-licking.
Well, that's your cuppa

I say an, "Amen" to your prayer.

angry grin

Good of you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by fapcrook(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2015
koligs:
Fuel Scarcity everywhere............I'm wonder the future of this Country.. No Light Fuel Scarcity Bad road Even mtn,glo and Airtel network is getting scars now. Lol
what type of grammar is this oh my God? Anyway grammar is not our language
Re: Fuel Crisis Cripples Nigeria by nickyvil: 8:13pm On May 24, 2015
Y all of una wet dey liv inside naija dey complain? Shey no be u people started trekking madness one go wake up in d morning I dey trek for Gmb another for Gej so y we dey complain we don dey season of trekking... GEJ see say we like inventing crazy ideas n he support us this time so make we no complain oooo. This cwazy people wet dey trek God dey watch them on 9D sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 Election: Arrest Tinubu Now – HURIWA Tells Security Agencies / Jibrin On Channels TV. Talks About Budget Padding (Pics) / Five States To Get ₦148 Billion Reimbursement For Repairing Federal Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.