Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call (44692 Views)

Chuba Ezekwesili Graduates From Yale University (Photos) / Twist In Petition To Withdraw Okonjo-iweala's Yale Doctorate / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Jman06(m): 11:24pm On May 24, 2015
Though I knew Yale university wasn't gonna withdraw the award, I still had to sign the pro-NOI petition to be double sure.

Alas the so called iwalaiye and his co haters can go and bury their faces in shame.

NOI wins!
Igbos win!!

10 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by socialmediaman: 11:24pm On May 24, 2015
400billionman:

Will Buhari also send her to jail ?

Mr. Jailer.

She has not committed any proven crime

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by jossyj: 11:25pm On May 24, 2015
[quote author=bdidi post=34066076]

I never wanted to quote anybody on this issue but you touched sensitive part my good friend.

What has Biafra got to do with the brouhaha of Okonjo's honorary degree being revoked?

If the mastermind of that episode was a Yoruba man then I guess he is just been blinded and myopic to see the truth of what the finance minister has done. And that to me is a shame.

So my friend liking this futile and fruitless venture such as this to a more purposeful venture such as the Biafran struggle shows that perhaps you were not thinking out side the box or maybe you were not seeing the big picture of that very crucial struggle in the 60's

Biafra struggle was not a failure and till tomorrow, its still not a failure![/quote

why are yorubas so angry anytime they come across that sacred name biafra ?

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 24, 2015
400billionman:

One of them haters is quoting me saying we feel superior.

If I work hard and have something to show for it, why won't I feel good ?

They have never produced a Managing director of the world bank so hating Okonjo is allowed...

Dude, how can you feel superior when you are a serial victimLOL....superior and ibo in the same sentence is an abomination.....Everything about yall is second hand aka okirika....fact!!!! odinkwa riskey!!!!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by socialmediaman: 11:27pm On May 24, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
keep on consoling yourself

You guys keep trying to force people into these your tribal nonsense. So any critic now belongs to this or that tribe, keep trying...

Initially they said it was for fighting corruption and economic management bla bla bla and I opposed it on those grounds, now they've switched gear to debt relief bla bla bla, which is fine, she earned it in that regard
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:29pm On May 24, 2015
Beremx:
The doctorate award given to her by Yale university will not stop her from being probed.

She will enjoy her doctorate award in Ikoyi Prisons.

You need a man in your life you have been dick starved for so long. Miss persecutor

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by 400billionman: 11:29pm On May 24, 2015
ayoolanr:

Dude, how can you feel superior when you are a serial victimLOL....superior and ibo in the same sentence is an abomination.....Everything about yall is second hand aka okirika....fact!!!! odinkwa riskey!!!!

Fear not. We will save Nigeria.

Bat man, Wonder woman, Spider man, Michael Night and James Bond are all Igbos.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by mayusguy(m): 11:30pm On May 24, 2015
Guy if you wish you and your family badluck during this buhari's 1st term then i say amen for you but as for me, my family and other optimistic Nigerians its gon be sweet and beautiful
basilo101:

so buhari is yoruba? We will nt join u in ur cowardly protest wen buhari starts showing his colors.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by BY1434(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2015
kettykin:

this same people are ready to vote satan into office if that will promote their temporary relief of not having an igbo man in the corridors of power.
One is yet to recover from the shock that the same vultures who who were few years ago shouting on top of their voices of how buhari abused human rights and imprisoned their people with Chief Obafemi Awolowo house in Apapa buggled and lootedare now same peopl who are shouting sai buhar

You igbos never dissapoint,with ur warped thinking,no wonder no one can trustyou with leadership of the country

Die in ur rage
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by chiwuike20: 11:36pm On May 24, 2015
[quote author=pendy79 post=34061323]

Yoruba lost? The Thai Policeman who said the Igbos are a disgrace to the Black Race was quite right.

Bunch of Buffon's like you are the reason why your tribe are called a disgrace.

Guess it is the Yoruba's alone that are feeling the pinch of her economic mismanagement in Nigeria.

Which holes does cretins like you come out from?[ok/quote]

If, and only if reasonable people alone are allowed to contribute on social forums, I am without doubt sure that u will never be able to comment all ur life. if u were to rely on an authority as support in an argument, u would rely on a Thai Policeman, ryt? this scenario is likened to someone relying on d words of a Nigerian Policeman to make such an absolute and extreme claim.

Until a particular force rid people of their irrational ethnic leaning, humans r no better than animals

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by cabaliciouscabal: 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
At times I wondered d kind of people igbos are no purposeful direction, u ar shouting biafra biafra and yet u are packing ur selves in chisco buses and land in lagos everyday, I tot if u pple ar serious abt seccession u suld be resolute and stay in ur region and fight for Wat u believe in, instead of staying in another man's land and be shouting stupid biafra, even if ur biafra is eventually becomes real which I pray it is, u pple killing each oda with fake drugs, fake spare parts, Pls speed ur biafra up and leave nigeria
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by hansad: 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
specco:
The haters by the side of Jesus Cross asked Pilate not to write 'KING OF THE JEWS' on the Lord's cross but he replied them saying: 'What is written is written' Yorubas lost again.

Yorrober did not even understand that Yorrober also lost last election.
Wait to laugh at Yorrober when next they form another brand of NADECO to try to wrestle power from born to rule. This time, born to rule shall laugh Yorrober to scorn.

Yorrober voted and took Nigeria's democracy back to the 1980s last presidential election.

Baba Buhari's first steps was going down to 10 Downing street, London, to negotiate for military support, and possibly arms and ammo.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 24, 2015
dunkem21:
Ngozika ..Anu ana agba egbe, O na ata ahihia. grin

Nwanne, ihe o na-ata bu ezigbo groundnut, ahu ekere

Ngozika, Anu bushmeat wey dem dey spray bullet, and she dey chew groundnut.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 24, 2015
MayorofLagos:
We are glad Yale took the position because it is now registered to the world and the awareness that Okonjo-Iweala is an incompetent and over rated technocrat is spread globally.

She has been projected, successfully and rightly so, as a liability...and not an asset to the national and regional economy.

This raises the risk and makes her unappealing for hire by any international body working for the upliftment of human society on a global scale.

And in your warped sense of consolation over your lamentations, you presume the whites don't know how deep rooted hate seethe perpetually within the yorubas?

You think they're not seeing it all. Even a yoruba medical doctor in USA lent his miserable Voice to support what the mad king in lagos said the other time? You think they're not taking note? You think they didn't notice how a yoruba media wrote thrash & attributed it to wole Soyinka concerning last election.

Mr goat, the time is long gone when your lot in their evil machinations & outright mischief had an upperhand in telling vicious lies against Ndigbo. From now on we would trash it all out from lagos to London to USA & the rest of the world.

12 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by White007(m): 11:50pm On May 24, 2015
I weep for Nigeria.

Why is there so much hatred among it's people is beyond comprehension.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by babasanti: 11:55pm On May 24, 2015
pendy79:

Cowardly is when grown men without brains of their own march up to war with cassava stem to take bullet from brazen guns of adekunle while their folk hero ran away dressed up like a woman to corlte d'ivoire.

Funny when nyamiris and people battling with OSU caste systems amongst themselves forgot the fact that their lineage from generations are known idiots and fools

How many did ojukwu led to their early graves again?

Guess who are the cowards? Your forefathers.

At least the fought like real men and warriors not cowards and slaves to the cow masters.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by chronique(m): 11:56pm On May 24, 2015
You sit down here on NL to say NOI has nothing upstairs,but she's recognized world over. You that you have something upstairs,can't boast of having followership of just 1% of nairaland registered users,not to talk of being known and influencial in your local govt;can you see how useful you are to the nation?
oduastates:
I do not know why people are bothered with yale.
Like I said before anyone can give any title as long as she is kept as far away as possible from where she can cause damage.
As much as soludo erred in fraternising with the banks and not regulating them properly, no one has ever disputed the fact that he can do better and do a job.
But Iweala is your typical world bank /IMF agent sent down to do an heist job in her own homeland.
Nothing upstairs apart from the packaging and the list of damaging economic theories given to her by her imperial paymasters.

People like her typically see their countrymen as less than human.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by awesomeb1783(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2015
We actually know who the real tribal bigot is. Must you bring tribalism to every issue? Are you telling me is only one tribe that signed the over 5000 petitions? You people are the real enemy of Nigeria. You can hardly analyse any issue without bringing tribal sentiments into it.
calebo101:
The "sophisticated" haters and tribalist can now stick their useless bigot opinion up their ass.

Does he think Yale is the overseas campus of Oduduwa university?? Egocentricity and ethnicity has really eaten deep into the society such that it is now exported abroad. A man in far away America moved for an honorary degree conferred on Okonja to be withdrawn for flimsy and useless reasons. When you think such deluded characters are few you get surprised to know up to 5000 votes has been garnered. All stemming from pure hatred!!

Wonder why they tell you only Adesina (GEJ Agric minister) performed very well and the rest performed poorly?

Wonder why they tell you Jonathan is the worst president alive and Obasanjo is an agent of change?

Wonder why Fashola is the best Governor Nigeria has ever known and Akpabio must be a thief?
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by hansad: 12:01am On May 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:
We are glad Yale took the position because it is now registered to the world and the awareness that Okonjo-Iweala is an incompetent and over rated technocrat is spread globally.

She has been projected, successfully and rightly so, as a liability...and not an asset to the national and regional economy.

This raises the risk and makes her unappealing for hire by any international body working for the upliftment of human society on a global scale.

The stakes are now higher than you thought.
You have further let the International community understand that Nigeria is not one United country. Or is there any other united country where citizens could be so bitter against their fellow citizen the way Yoruba displayed wickedness and tribalism against Okonjo Iwealla and Yale award?

Yoruba refuses Igbo leaving Nigeria because of crude oil in the Niger delta.
But more and more People of old southeast region of Nigeria now surge to free the region from Nigeria, while Yoruba hate messages spread it round the world that Nigeria is a least United country.

So Yoruba shall wake one day and see that it's hate messages against Igbo had paid off in splitting Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Francis5: 12:09am On May 25, 2015
Oya Yoruba awon omo ole (sons of thieves), boycott Yale, if you are ever able to get into it. Bloody hopeless tribe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by chronique(m): 12:09am On May 25, 2015
Learn to tell yourself the truth;it wouldn't hurt you. Your opinion doesn't hold sway on the global stage. You might not agree with how she managed the economy,but that doesn't mean she isn't good at what she does,nor does it reduce her worth on the global stage.
MayorofLagos:

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by cap28: 12:16am On May 25, 2015
Only in Nigeria will blind, deaf and dumb fools keep following an overweight, overrated third rate so called economist who is nothing more than a who.re for the World Bank and the system of white supremacy. I pity any one who actually looks up to this buffoon of a woman whose only mandate has been to reduce the citizens of her country to paupers and beggars.
The sad part of it is that this fat bi.tche's sycophants can not even point to one constructive thing that this failure of a woman has ever done for Nigeria since she has been in office.If I were to ever get into power she would be one of the first people I would throw into a dark and dirty dungeon to rot.

For all you slaves of the white man, Yale University is the bastion of white supremacy and they are rewarding their slave for keeping all of you trapped in poverty. Keep worshipping an institution that was built on the blood and sweat of African enslavement.

8 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by williamson46: 12:33am On May 25, 2015
atlwireles:

I keep on asking myself, why people want this hell call Nigeria. When separation will bring us so much peace.
feel free to be the first to leave.. Hahahaha grin[quote author=atlwireles post=34061959]
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by aventura: 12:34am On May 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

So this is what this is all about?

Two can play, you know?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by williamson46: 12:40am On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
The doctorate award given to her by Yale university will not stop her from being probed.

She will enjoy her doctorate award in Ikoyi Prisons.
are u pained by the fact that u got no doctorate degree??.. Oops, sori.. U dropped out.. It ain't too late tho.. Face ur life n ur problems tongue

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by SUBWAY101(m): 12:43am On May 25, 2015
cap28:
Only in Nigeria will blind, deaf and dumb fools keep following an overweight, overrated third rate so called economist who is nothing more than a who.re for the World Bank and the system of white supremacy. I pity any one who actually looks up to this buffoon of a woman whose only mandate has been to reduce the citizens of her country to paupers and beggars.
The sad part of it is that this fat bi.tche's sycophants can not even point to one constructive thing that this failure of a woman has ever done for Nigeria since she has been in office.If I were to ever get into power she would be one of the first people I would throw into a dark and dirty dungeon to rot.

For all you slaves of the white man, Yale University is the bastion of white supremacy and they are rewarding their slave for keeping all of you trapped in poverty. Keep worshipping an institution that was built on the blood and sweat of African enslavement.

Buhahahaha. This got me laughing hard right now. Even if ISIS award any yibhoe award, they will dance just cos of there ego. They are even chest beating about fuel scarcity this morning, hehehehehe. Yeebhoes too dull sha.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by williamson46: 12:45am On May 25, 2015
cap28:

mmph.. Gud thing u said 'if i were' cos if u continue using ur brains to make such an unintelligent pattern of thought, u ain't even gonna come close...

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by GentleToks(m): 12:46am On May 25, 2015
calebo101:
The "sophisticated" haters and tribalist can now stick their useless bigot opinion up their ass.

Does he think Yale is the overseas campus of Oduduwa university?? Egocentricity and ethnicity has really eaten deep into the society such that it is now exported abroad. A man in far away America moved for an honorary degree conferred on Okonja to be withdrawn for flimsy and useless reasons. When you think such deluded characters are few you get surprised to know up to 5000 votes has been garnered. All stemming from pure hatred!!

Wonder why they tell you only Adesina (GEJ Agric minister) performed very well and the rest performed poorly?

Wonder why they tell you Jonathan is the worst president alive and Obasanjo is an agent of change?

Wonder why Fashola is the best Governor Nigeria has ever known and Akpabio must be a thief?

We ll henceforth pay you back with your own coins.

You guys don't know that the cold war has already started.

You are a freaking hypocrite like your worthless progenitors.

Get prepared for what is coming for you in the next couple of years

Where were you when your jobless and worthless brothers in US did everything to get Dr. Ariyo sacked simply cos he is a Yoruba man.. Did we kill all the Igbos that have openly say negative things about a yoruba? No.

Igbos started it.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 12:50am On May 25, 2015
cap28:

It is your ability to think as a black monkey and your docility that has impoverished Nigerians and Africans at large, quit whining, if you want to fight off white supremacists, carry out a revolution, pull out of AU(old haggard white stooges), UN, IMF, World Bank and stop looking sheepishly at looters and kleptomaniacs as they plunder "oyel money" and take it to foreign countries to store.
When we are ready to change this contraption, lets revolt, execute OBJ, Atiku, IBB, T.Y Danjuma, Tinubu, T.A Orji, Amaechi, Elechi, GEJ all those vagabonds in NASS and jail others who have stolen us to non-ending poverty. Kill off all those wicked old men in politics, tear the police into shreds and carry our proper building.
Else, stop whining about the award giving to one person out of few hundreds ruining this country and keep quiet.
When Nigeria is ready to change, we will know, else it is only to cry and whine and sigh and lament but no action.

When Biafra comes, all those dirty thieves and politicians will either be put away for life or hanged in their compound to set example. Sanity will be restored and everyone will be accountable.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by cbrass(m): 12:52am On May 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
With the level of bigotry oozing out from my maternal yoruba folks, I would say that my Mum is a shining example and on a diffrent plain from her kinsmen.

Ride on NOI

They will not see your achievement because they are blinded by hatred and tribalism

And you think you have spoken like this. undecided if I ask you how these woman under who's watch $20billion disappeared affected your life positively you won't find anything to say. Every one knows what the ibos are made off I just can't wait for the day they go back to their biafra and makesure you follow them cos you have no place in odualand
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by SUBWAY101(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2015
GentleToks:

We ll henceforth pay you back with your own coins.

You guys don't know that the cold war has already started.

You are a freaking hypocrite like your worthless progenitors.

Get prepared for what is coming for you in the next couple of years

Where were you when your jobless and worthless brothers in US did everything to get Dr. Ariyo sacked simply cos he is a Yoruba man.. Did we kill all the Igbos that have openly say negative things about a yoruba? No.

Igbos started it.

Bros, Yheeboes are hypocrites. I know there ways, they will bash you but when you retaliate they will ignore there brother's first bashing and call you tribalist or haters. Bunch of never do well
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by SUBWAY101(m): 12:57am On May 25, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
With the level of bigotry oozing out from my maternal yoruba folks, I would say that my Mum is a shining example and on a diffrent plain from her kinsmen.

Ride on NOI

They will not see your achievement because they are blinded by hatred and tribalism
[/s]

Oloriburuku f.lathead, the scammer of nairaland. Why posing as a female on nairaland just to deceive people. F.ucking liar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags / President Buhari Set To Approve Reopening Of Worship Centres / UK Prime Minister Tweets About Nigeria.. See Snapshots.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.