Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call (44678 Views)

Chuba Ezekwesili Graduates From Yale University (Photos) / Twist In Petition To Withdraw Okonjo-iweala's Yale Doctorate / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 8:41am On May 25, 2015
cap28:

If I am a black monkey, what does that make you? A silver backed gorilla?

If Africans are as docile as you claim how come Sankara tried to kick the French out of Burkina Faso oh and how about Mugabe who many of you hate, how come he kicked the racist landowners out of his country?
What about Lumumba of Zaire, was he also a docile black monkey?
Last but by no means least how about Mandela who spent 27 years of his life in prison in order to bring an end to white domination of black south Africans in his country , was he also a docile monkey?

YOu are just another simpleton who has zero understanding about how and why Africa is where its at today, speaking the truth to simpletons like you equates to whining, but when the Jews speak about the holocaust it equates to educating the world - you are a simpleton.

Hogwash, go lead a revolution, stop whining!
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by perryy(m): 8:42am On May 25, 2015
socialmediaman:

She has not committed any proven crime

Very very soon, we will be booing Buhari
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 8:45am On May 25, 2015
Remarkable:

I see the same pattern of events with countries, African ones especially, imagining a utopia that will be ushered in at the creation of their own independent nation... but things go downhill really fast and it just remains a dream forgone... we can't afford to be doing trial and error, can we? just saying/asking...

Let us have Biafra for a year and see how civilization works.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by poseidon12: 8:50am On May 25, 2015
Princecalm:
she can hold her degree so far she is leaving come May 29th.

Of course she will leave. You should know she does not need the job. She is one of only few Nigerians to have resigned from their ministerial jobs. President Jonathan had to beg her to come back, leaving her job at the World Bank.
From May 29, you guys should provide us the finance minister that would come and perform wonders.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by poseidon12: 8:53am On May 25, 2015
juman:
The degree they give to the highest bidders.

A lot of ignorant people around here.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by poseidon12: 8:54am On May 25, 2015
egift:

Imagine the example that was used to illustrate NOI's award. Me I just dey laugh too.
Keep laughing.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by poseidon12: 8:57am On May 25, 2015
atlwireles:

I keep on asking myself, why people want this hell call Nigeria. When separation will bring us so much peace.

It's the lure of the liquid gold, crude oil.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by socialmediaman: 9:00am On May 25, 2015
perryy:

Very very soon, we will be booing Buhari

I doubt you're aware of the reasons GEJ was removed from office
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by sweetgala(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2015
The fact Yale University would not want to break a now established custom does not absolve Okonjo Iwaela of incompetence.

She has done nothing in this current dispensation, she watched many colleagues rape Nigerians and said nothing , she was culpable in the Stella Oduah affair, has assisted to hide the stollen billions by not speaking out against it , and can not claim ignorance of the NNPC and ministry of petroleum shenanigans.

Her reward come May 30 would be most surprising , While Alison Madueke knows her problems have just begun and she is trying to see the good face of Buhari, Okonjo is fixing as thou she be untouchable and beyond reprimand.

All her foreign allies she thinks would give her protection would give her a real shocker pretty soon
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by perryy(m): 9:55am On May 25, 2015
socialmediaman:

I doubt you're aware of the reasons GEJ was removed from office

Insecurity and non performance, right? Buhari will enjoy both in abundant quantity and quality.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by IykeChukz(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2015
[quote author=calebo101 post=34061127]The "sophisticated" haters and tribalist can now stick their useless bigot opinion up their ass.

Does he think Yale is the overseas campus of Oduduwa university?? Egocentricity and ethnicity has really eaten deep into the society such that it is now exported abroad. A man in far away America moved for an honorary degree conferred on Okonja to be withdrawn for flimsy and useless reasons. When you think such deluded characters are few you get surprised to know up to 5000 votes has been garnered. All stemming from pure hatred!!

Wonder why they tell you only Adesina (GEJ Agric minister) performed very well and the rest performed poorly?

Wonder why they tell you Jonathan is the worst president alive and Obasanjo is an agent of change?

Wonder why Fashola is the best Governor Nigeria has ever known and Akpabio must be a thief?

Just shading tears... Still wondering!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Chynx(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2015
kettykin:

If igbos are a disgrace to the black race how would someone rate the remaining Nigerians who are ready to spill the last drop of their blood to keep this "disgrace to the black race" in the same country with them even at the cost of sacrificing 500,000 soldiers

This is a billion dollar question. cheesy

Oya, where are the "Einsteins"? Make una come answer question o! grin
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Neplusultra(f): 10:10am On May 25, 2015
meforyou1:
Yoruba people thought that Yale University was a satellite campus of university of ibadan
Lmao!!! Epic!!! Omg!!! grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by patpaul: 10:11am On May 25, 2015
kettykin:

this same people are ready to vote satan into office if that will promote their temporary relief of not having an igbo man in the corridors of power.
One is yet to recover from the shock that the same vultures who who were few years ago shouting on top of their voices of how buhari abused human rights and imprisoned their people with Chief Obafemi Awolowo house in Apapa buggled and lootedare now same peopl who are shouting sai buhari
You are not ashamed to see your people( the Yoruba race) fraternize with same Arewa poeple who jailed YOUR FOREFATHERS- EG (AWOLOWO) and held your tribe( that would gone far now) down DEVELOPMENT WISE. Wait AND SEE WHAT THEY WILL DO TO YOU PEOPLE THIS TIME AROUND. WE ARE WATCHING
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Neplusultra(f): 10:24am On May 25, 2015
Y do Nigerians sell their honour to d whole world??! Y r dey opening their unclothedness to d West?! Y not push for probe here in Nigeria instead of taking it outside d country?! TUFIAKWA!!!! Yale is not revoking any damn tin!!! Go and take d Award from her na!!! undecided undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by redsun(m): 10:25am On May 25, 2015
One would have thought that a prestigious institution like Yale will make an elaborate research before to bestow honour on someone. Or does it actually mean she perfomed a great economic miracle in nigeria,but because of the promise of those that assured to make gej's era ungovernable from day one, i.e,atiku,her efforts didn't manifest? Or are they awarding it to her based on her records with the world back?

What did she do differently these past years in Nigeria. Nigerian system is a gigantic irrational black hole that sulks all the rational traits that it comes in contact with. The good dows nor survive in Nigeria. The power of dark has a very hold on the light in nigeria at a ratio of 95/5.or probably 99/1.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by PenSniper: 10:39am On May 25, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Spare me those fake stunts...
Why can't you try something new?
Or have you wasted all your card as well?
Wicked selfish mofos...
All of you will die like awolowo I.d.I.a.t.s

It is indisputable that yours is a race of vagabonds and inconsequentials. You stupidly read tribal meanings into a petition that gathered 5000 signatures of nigerians that cut across tribal spectrum as against a support base of only 1,690. Do you still need to be told for you to accept that something is psychologically wrong with you ? Is your catigorisation by Thai police as a disgrace to the black african race and regular execution of your brothers and sisters in droves by foreign countries what you call "fake stunts" ? Can you see that you need your head examined ?
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by juman(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2015
Ahmeduana:

HEY MR MAN WAKE UP, YALE IS NOT NIGERIA INSTITUTION WHERE ANYTHING GOES, IS IN A COUNTRY WHERE MERIT IS VALUE MORE THAN jagaban TITLE.

There is no other way to explain the degree.

The government performance is poor.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by FitnessNigeria: 11:15am On May 25, 2015
calebo101:
The "sophisticated" haters and tribalist can now stick their useless bigot opinion up their ass.

Does he think Yale is the overseas campus of Oduduwa university?? Egocentricity and ethnicity has really eaten deep into the society such that it is now exported abroad. A man in far away America moved for an honorary degree conferred on Okonja to be withdrawn for flimsy and useless reasons. When you think such deluded characters are few you get surprised to know up to 5000 votes has been garnered. All stemming from pure hatred!!

Wonder why they tell you only Adesina (GEJ Agric minister) performed very well and the rest performed poorly?

Wonder why they tell you Jonathan is the worst president alive and Obasanjo is an agent of change?

Wonder why Fashola is the best Governor Nigeria has ever known and Akpabio must be a thief?

From their attitudes, we know who they are.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by ify84(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2015
I used to think that it's only the hausa's that hate igbos... Now I see it more in yorubas, though it has been there...now they are wondering why the igbos who have monopolized Commerce and trade now want to take over from them in academics and corporate business...
But there is nothing they can do...

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by emmatok(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2015
Guys cooldown it's just an Honorary doctorate,

Even Angélique Kidjo is on the list.
Nothing special.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
The doctorate award given to her by Yale university will not stop her from being probed.

She will enjoy her doctorate award in Ikoyi Prisons.
You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool everyone all the time. Keep exposing yourself, we are watching. lmposter!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by babilicious: 12:31pm On May 25, 2015
So glad i wrote an article on this cos it is very obvious that the petition was written by an aggrieved, jobless and tribalist yoruba man just to discredit Ngozi and tarnish her reputation but I'm so glad Yale university is not like our backyard universities that can be easily bullied or influenced. ...Sunday the petitioner can now hang himself or better still work harder to receive an award from covenant or madonna university cos awards in these universities are extremely cheap and can be given to any or every nonentity who contributes nothing to the development of our country except hating and pulling down those that are actually working
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Bimpe29: 12:32pm On May 25, 2015
Withdrawal of an honorary award changes nothing, but what man does actually lives after him.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Princecalm(m): 1:00pm On May 25, 2015
poseidon12:

Of course she will leave. You should know she does not need the job. She is one of only few Nigerians to have resigned from their ministerial jobs. President Jonathan had to beg her to come back, leaving her job at the World Bank.
From May 29, you guys should provide us the finance minister that would come and perform wonders.
we will be better off without her, we don't need someone who thinks he/she is better than the president.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by ezefrank87(m): 3:25pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:
The doctorate award given to her by Yale university will not stop her from being probed.

She will enjoy her doctorate award in Ikoyi Prisons.
when I see comments made by your likes,i feel pained. So in your mind she is so corrupt and the award given should be taken back I really don't know why anything igbo makes u feel irked..you are a young lady,i advice u retrace ur steps,before your hatred eats u finish....smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by francizy(m): 8:35pm On May 25, 2015
dunkem21:
Ngozika ..Anu ana agba egbe, O na ata ahihia. grin

Atu ó ya bomb ota ba chewing gum! grin
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by dunkem21(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2015
francizy:

Atu ó ya bomb ota ba chewing gum! grin
grin
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 25, 2015
Jaycool18:
go nd pay for yours
I receive well deserved Awards not payed awards....
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 25, 2015
calebo101:
The "sophisticated" haters and tribalist can now stick their useless bigot opinion up their ass.

The yoruba tribe is a big problem to this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by backtosender: 2:08pm On May 27, 2015
PenSniper:

What good or good quality do the Igbos possess that will make a sane person envious of them ? Out of several thousands of tribes in black Africa, it took the police department, an essential organ of state in far away Thailand to declare that the Igbo race are a disgrace to the entire black race. Is Thailand a satelite campus of Oduduwa or Ibadan universities ? If the collective Igbo race has any shame or dignity, islnt that drubbing enough food for thought ?
like the way the yorubaman was caught in Thailand and he started blaming igbos that they are the main drug pusher in nigeria but that will not change that he is a drug pusher and he will get a dead sentence...i have a video of a yorubaman ola from ogun state drug burst in his stomach he lost his life when he was about to transport drugs..this is why i dont want anything to do with a lot of yoruba people only few of them are ok.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria/videos/929782880413168/?type=1&theater
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by PenSniper: 3:40pm On May 27, 2015
backtosender:
like the way the yorubaman was caught in Thailand and he started blaming igbos that they are the main drug pusher in nigeria but that will not change that he is a drug pusher and he will get a dead sentence...i have a video of a yorubaman ola from ogun state drug burst in his stomach he lost his life when he was about to transport drugs..this is why i dont want anything to do with a lot of yoruba people only few of them are ok.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria/videos/929782880413168/?type=1&theater

Cheekish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Top 5 Lies About Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi / UK Prime Minister Tweets About Nigeria.. See Snapshots.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.