Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,667 members, 7,959,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call (45006 Views)

Chuba Ezekwesili Graduates From Yale University (Photos) / Twist In Petition To Withdraw Okonjo-iweala's Yale Doctorate / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Remarkable: 5:54am On May 25, 2015
Normality:

It is your ability to think as a black monkey and your docility that has impoverished Nigerians and Africans at large, quit whining, if you want to fight off white supremacists, carry out a revolution, pull out of AU(old haggard white stooges), UN, IMF, World Bank and stop looking sheepishly at looters and kleptomaniacs as they plunder "oyel money" and take it to foreign countries to store.
When we are ready to change this contraption, lets revolt, execute OBJ, Atiku, IBB, T.Y Danjuma, Tinubu, T.A Orji, Amaechi, Elechi, GEJ all those vagabonds in NASS and jail others who have stolen us to non-ending poverty. Kill off all those wicked old men in politics, tear the police into shreds and carry our proper building.
Else, stop whining about the award giving to one person out of few hundreds ruining this country and keep quiet.
When Nigeria is ready to change, we will know, else it is only to cry and whine and sigh and lament but no action.

When Biafra comes, all those dirty thieves and politicians will either be put away for life or hanged in their compound to set example. Sanity will be restored and everyone will be accountable.

I see the same pattern of events with countries, African ones especially, imagining a utopia that will be ushered in at the creation of their own independent nation... but things go downhill really fast and it just remains a dream forgone... we can't afford to be doing trial and error, can we? just saying/asking...
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Remarkable: 6:04am On May 25, 2015
Francis5:
Igbos are reactive cowards
Of course this title is false and a bait to draw your attention to this thread, seeing how anything Igbo sells like hot fire
Now what am I saying?
I am saying that Igbos are reactionary and should be more proactive when dealing with Yorubas
Yorubas have a deep-seated hatred for Igbos, despite the edgy but so far peaceful co-existence existing between them
However, Yorubas have done a couple of things, some at the whole-Igbo level, others at individual Igbo-level, to exemplify their hatred for any and everything Igbo

1. At the whole Igbo level, they betrayed Igbos during the Biafra war
2. At the whole Igbo-level, they threatened Igbos in Lagos with being drowned in the lagoon should they vote for a Yoruba candidate other than the one ordained by Tinubu
3. At the whole Igbo level, one of their own in Texas called for the extermination of Igbos in Lagos for not kotowing to theh Yoruba herd mentality of voting for Ambode
4. At the individual Igbo level, they started the campaign to undermine Philip Emeagwali. Fortunately it did not take them anywhere.
5. At the individual Igbo level they started the campaign to undermine Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. This one bounced back on their tiger-clawed faces.

There are more examples. Like several Yorubas home and abroad writing hate-filled articles about Igbos. In all these cases, they were bold enough to do it with real names, not fakes internet monikers like Francis5 (me). For that, I give them credit. This is where Igbos have been either cowardly, reactive, disinterested or all of the above.

Now why are Igbos not similarly undermining Yorubas and Yoruba interest anywhere in the world?

Few Igbos have risen to some of the most enviable positions in global/continental affairs, unlike Yorubas. As of date, there is no Yoruba equivalent of Ngozi Iweala (Former WB MD); there is no Yoruba answer to Oby Ezekwesili (former WB, VP); there is no Yoruba response to Arunma Oteh (former African Development Bank [AfDB] VP) and of course, there is no Yoruba mate to Kanayo Nwanze (current President of the International Fund for Agric. Development, IFAD).

Yoruba are making the first ever move to one of such positions, in the person of Akinwumi, current minister of Agriculture, who is vying for the president of AfDB.

Yorubas claim that GEJ's government is a failure. If that is the case, there is no choosing and picking: Akinwumi is also a failure and therefore ineligible to lead the AfDB.

This is time for Igbos to be proactive for once: a campaign against Akinwumi is in order at this time. He has 7 other Africans contesting against him. Please Igbos, start to send stuff to ADB and personally to the other candidates on how much of a failure GEJ's government is and therefore a minister who served in that failed government should not be trusted to lead ADB. I am taking the lead. Please use real names, even if they are not your name. Let the revenge begin, Now.

https://www.nairaland.com/2335189/igbos-reactive-cowards-igbo-man

seriously? I really don't think stooping to their level is in order. Its not in our nature/culture to hate people for being hardworking or achievers... we see a good effort, we respect tit... don't stoop to their level, homie, it aint worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by perryy(m): 6:31am On May 25, 2015
pendy79:

Yoruba lost? The Thai Policeman who said the Igbos are a disgrace to the Black Race was quite right.

Bunch of Buffon's like you are the reason why your tribe are called a disgrace.

Guess it is the Yoruba's alone that are feeling the pinch of her economic mismanagement in Nigeria.

Which holes does cretins like you come out from?

The last time I checked, Buruju Kashamu, Baba Suwe etal are all ibos. No tribe has a monopoly of good or bad people. Many yorubas are bad, same with Ibos. It has nothing to do with tribe my friend.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Princecalm(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2015
freshdude99:

The one she held all these years from Harvard Na u give am?
All these Nigerians sef naa waa o
and how has that helped Nigerian economy?
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by giles14(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2015
pendy79:

Yoruba lost? The Thai Policeman who said the Igbos are a disgrace to the Black Race was quite right.

Guess it is the Yoruba's alone that are feeling the pinch of her economic mismanagement in Nigeria.

and d 4 Yoruba's executed in Indonesia are igbos

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by freshdude99(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2015
Princecalm:
and how has that helped Nigerian economy?
Like seriously?
Is ur brain ok
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by nonaira: 6:50am On May 25, 2015
giles14:
and d 4 Yoruba's executed in Indonesia are igbos

Don't mind them. Don't forget their brother captured by Thiland police and all that worthless man could do was shout Igbo, Igbo and try to pull Igbo into his mess, typical of his tribalistic infested people. Let's not forget majority of the Nigerians lavishing in UK prison are their people while the Igbos living among them are being elected as leaders up there. Also let's not forget they are in FBI most wanted list so many times that FBI immediately assumed the bini man they currently looking for must speak Yoruba. Let's not even forget that SLS labeled them the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by nonaira: 6:53am On May 25, 2015
Francis5:
Igbos are reactive cowards
Of course this title is false and a bait to draw your attention to this thread, seeing how anything Igbo sells like hot fire
Now what am I saying?
I am saying that Igbos are reactionary and should be more proactive when dealing with Yorubas
Yorubas have a deep-seated hatred for Igbos, despite the edgy but so far peaceful co-existence existing between them
However, Yorubas have done a couple of things, some at the whole-Igbo level, others at individual Igbo-level, to exemplify their hatred for any and everything Igbo

1. At the whole Igbo level, they betrayed Igbos during the Biafra war
2. At the whole Igbo-level, they threatened Igbos in Lagos with being drowned in the lagoon should they vote for a Yoruba candidate other than the one ordained by Tinubu
3. At the whole Igbo level, one of their own in Texas called for the extermination of Igbos in Lagos for not kotowing to theh Yoruba herd mentality of voting for Ambode
4. At the individual Igbo level, they started the campaign to undermine Philip Emeagwali. Fortunately it did not take them anywhere.
5. At the individual Igbo level they started the campaign to undermine Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. This one bounced back on their tiger-clawed faces.

There are more examples. Like several Yorubas home and abroad writing hate-filled articles about Igbos. In all these cases, they were bold enough to do it with real names, not fakes internet monikers like Francis5 (me). For that, I give them credit. This is where Igbos have been either cowardly, reactive, disinterested or all of the above.

Now why are Igbos not similarly undermining Yorubas and Yoruba interest anywhere in the world?

Few Igbos have risen to some of the most enviable positions in global/continental affairs, unlike Yorubas. As of date, there is no Yoruba equivalent of Ngozi Iweala (Former WB MD); there is no Yoruba answer to Oby Ezekwesili (former WB, VP); there is no Yoruba response to Arunma Oteh (former African Development Bank [AfDB] VP) and of course, there is no Yoruba mate to Kanayo Nwanze (current President of the International Fund for Agric. Development, IFAD).

Yoruba are making the first ever move to one of such positions, in the person of Akinwumi, current minister of Agriculture, who is vying for the president of AfDB.

Yorubas claim that GEJ's government is a failure. If that is the case, there is no choosing and picking: Akinwumi is also a failure and therefore ineligible to lead the AfDB.

This is time for Igbos to be proactive for once: a campaign against Akinwumi is in order at this time. He has 7 other Africans contesting against him. Please Igbos, start to send stuff to ADB and personally to the other candidates on how much of a failure GEJ's government is and therefore a minister who served in that failed government should not be trusted to lead ADB. I am taking the lead. Please use real names, even if they are not your name. Let the revenge begin, Now.

https://www.nairaland.com/2335189/igbos-reactive-cowards-igbo-man

We are not like them and we shouldn't start acting like those hateful, devilish people. We don't do Pull Down Syndrome unless justified, nor hate on someone achieving higher. Our father is God, not the devil like those people so Nwoke, you shouldn't allow the do me, I do you push you to an evil act. You're better than that. You are Igbo, not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2015
ideykwum:
I guess you can't get Biafra off your ass?? It seems to be a milestone round your neck...drown gently!

Biafra off who's asss? lol.
how am I supposed to hang your fantasy on my neck?
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by nonaira: 6:58am On May 25, 2015
Congrats to the princess of Ogwashi-Uku. NOI You won.

More for Yoruba to hate on

NOI prestigious background
Masters from Harvard University
PhD from MIT
Honorary Doctorate from Brown University
Honorary Doctorate from Trinity College
Honorary Doctorate from Colby College
Honorary Doctorate from Northern Caribbean University
Honorary Doctorate from Amherst College
And now Honorary Doctorate from Yale University.

And much more in the future.
[size=13pt]
HATE ON IT[/size] tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Ntoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor

Worthless people. Mtschewwwwwwww

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 7:10am On May 25, 2015
pendy79:

buruji kashamu. senator elect disgracing Nigeria since 1902..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by colored(m): 7:28am On May 25, 2015
pendy79:

Who have you seen carrying a flag stopping you from getting out?

How many of your folks can afford to live amongst your folks for 2weeks in your eastern enclave. You come online singing of eldorado and grandiose as if one is not conversant with the poverty, hunger and lack of opportunities which leads young men of your tribe to their death in Thailand, China and Malaysia.

Go see South Sudan. We are waiting for that your declaration so you can all be joined and leave the country in Peace.
can't we just live in peace as brothers? put ethnicity aside, we are humans irrespective of where we come from. please enough with the hate on each other
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Princecalm(m): 7:29am On May 25, 2015
freshdude99:
Like seriously? Is ur brain ok lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
more ok than yours.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 7:33am On May 25, 2015
Yoruba lost...
E wud repeat it over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 7:40am On May 25, 2015
Remarkable:

Yorubas have a different definition for cowardice and bravery.

Boys that took cassava sticks to a gunfight are cowards, while the man that brought a gun to the fight and fled is the brave one and hero - he not only had guns, he had 35, 000 soldiers with him and still he fled.

(Its on wikkipedia and online... here, I got it for yousmiley

"Although Shuwa's 1st Division successfully captured Okigwe and the Obilagu airstrip the operation resulted in disaster for Adekunle's 3rd Marine Division in which it lost over 20,000 of its 35,000 soldiers, over 2/3 of the entire division, and found itself in short supply of both men and food."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_OAU

Boys with cassava sticks chasing and killing grownass men with guns... nah wah o!

Their Generals weep and run...

Their men are taken on by women (from Dahomy)

Biafran boys kick their oily behinds..

maybe that's why they hate seeing Biafrans prosper and want degrees or awards revoked?
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Masterclass32: 7:42am On May 25, 2015
400billionman:

Fear not. We will save Nigeria.

Bat man, Wonder woman, Spider man, Michael Night and James Bond are all Igbos.

U forgot Jack Bauer cool
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by jidebaba69(m): 7:46am On May 25, 2015
pendy79:

I have a lot of Igbo friends but sometimes their reasoning baffles me.
I'm a Yoruba man by birth but I was born in London and believe that every man or woman should be judged by the content of their character not by ethnic or tribal leanings. I have noticed that when a Yoruba person does something wrong his people will roundly condemn him but if an igbo person does same his people will mostly support him and claim that the other critics from another tribe are tribalists.
I'm not saying that all Igbos do this but you must admit that a lot of them do it.
I think we need to look at things through the eyes of what is good or bad.
It will help our growth as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Jaycool18(m): 7:48am On May 25, 2015
youngprofdguru:
Paid-for Awards....
God save Nigeria!
go nd pay for yours
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by micktoxin(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
grin
mumu. according to Yale, Stephan Schmidheiny, who was found guilty in 2012 of creating an asbestos environmental disaster which caused about 2,000 deaths in Italy didn't get his award revoked so, maybe Yale really didn't care abt humanity.

but on a nicer mood, if you think Yorubas lost, then I will say at least, e no reach that kind failure wey Biafra found itself in.

Ouch.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by coputa(m): 8:00am On May 25, 2015
major466:
Good news. smiley All haters of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, the most intelligent woman in Nigeria now have a great opportunity to go and hug transformer.
Somebody that cannot reconcile figures.Intelligence in deceit?
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 8:00am On May 25, 2015
jidebaba69:

I'm a Yoruba man by birth but I was born in London and believe that every man or woman should be judged by the content of their character not by ethnic or tribal leanings. I have noticed that when a Yoruba person does something wrong his people will roundly condemn him but if an igbo person does same his people will mostly support him and claim that the other critics from another tribe are tribalists.
I'm not saying that all Igbos do this but you must admit that a lot of them do it.
Dats wat we always hear, abt how ur whole friends are igbos, how ur Bestman was igbo, how u igbo dz igbo dat, and how yorubas are saints...
U ppl don't support ur own if they did wrong or not tell dat to kids, after Buhari won u and ur likes started opening threads on what Buhari shud do to igbo people, abt how igbos must suffer, etc... but "ur own" as u call it Ekiti dat supported jonathan y didn't u ppl mention there names even once, all of a sudden it's only d igbo's who supported Jonathan.
Dz u ppl erections for igbo issues wud destroy u ppl one day.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by coputa(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2015
meforyou1:
u will never change. She is a professor of economics, you know
A professor of economics that ruin the economy of her country.what a shame.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by coputa(m): 8:07am On May 25, 2015
imhotep:
Yoruba should petition for Buhari to go to secondary school.
They wont because they have a hidden agenda,an illiterate president backed by an educated vp

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 8:08am On May 25, 2015
calebo101:
The "sophisticated" haters and tribalist can now stick their useless bigot opinion up their ass.

Does he think Yale is the overseas campus of Oduduwa university?? Egocentricity and ethnicity has really eaten deep into the society such that it is now exported abroad. A man in far away America moved for an honorary degree conferred on Okonja to be withdrawn for flimsy and useless reasons. When you think such deluded characters are few you get surprised to know up to 5000 votes has been garnered. All stemming from pure hatred!!

Wonder why they tell you only Adesina (GEJ Agric minister) performed very well and the rest performed poorly?

Wonder why they tell you Jonathan is the worst president alive and Obasanjo is an agent of change?

Wonder why Fashola is the best Governor Nigeria has ever known and Akpabio must be a thief?

U have made lots of sense. kudos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by omolami: 8:15am On May 25, 2015
The mumus and haters can go and die, Gbam
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by coputa(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2015
cap28:
Only in Nigeria will blind, deaf and dumb fools keep following an overweight, overrated third rate so called economist who is nothing more than a who.re for the World Bank and the system of white supremacy. I pity any one who actually looks up to this buffoon of a woman whose only mandate has been to reduce the citizens of her country to paupers and beggars.
The sad part of it is that this fat bi.tche's sycophants can not even point to one constructive thing that this failure of a woman has ever done for Nigeria since she has been in office.If I were to ever get into power she would be one of the first people I would throw into a dark and dirty dungeon to rot.

For all you slaves of the white man, Yale University is the bastion of white supremacy and they are rewarding their slave for keeping all of you trapped in poverty. Keep worshipping an institution that was built on the blood and sweat of African enslavement.

You hit the nail on the head
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by GentleToks(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2015
winniz:

Stop looking for whom to blame, Its you Wicked and envious Yorubas that started the cold war from the hate speech from your Oba and Dr Ariyo to Your fake Anambra restaurant story to petitioning Yale to revoke NOI honorary degree.

Igbos are ready for Una, bring it on!!

This post show how stupid you are

Who was the first person to attack Yoruba in his worthless book

Who was Arthur Eze attacking in front of your worthless Obi of Onitsha?

Who came out to say they were preparing to form a block vote in another man's land?

Which led to Oba Akiolu utterances

What tribe went outside Nigeria to display their tribalism to the whole world against a fine Doctor?

We ll bite you back henceforth even in my own personal capacity.
Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by nwachi1404: 8:32am On May 25, 2015
Yorubas will always be jealous. while Igbos will keep growing in leaps and bound. hatred will always eat up the ofe mmanu people like cancer, Igbo kwenu!

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by GentleToks(m): 8:34am On May 25, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Bros, Yheeboes are hypocrites. I know there ways, they will bash you but when you retaliate they will ignore there brother's first bashing and call you tribalist or haters. Bunch of never do well

That is what their useless kinsmen do here. They will pretend as if they didn't see the posts of their worthless kinsmen and start to blackmail you to submission with tribalism bullshit. I usually attack such people head on

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Kcinho(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2015
jidebaba69:

Like you condemned your oba akiolu right? Tell me another story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by Nobody: 8:39am On May 25, 2015
GentleToks:

That is what their useless kinsmen do here. They will pretend as if they didn't see the posts of their worthless kinsmen and start to blackmail you to submission with tribalism bullshit. I usually attack such people head on
lol... asif any yoruba ediot has eva won a Nairaland battle except where they come and masquerade as ss, northerners and even fellow igbos.
U can only boast to ur fellow stip1d people not us.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Award: Yale University Responds To Withdraw Call by abagnalie: 8:39am On May 25, 2015
that woman is the worst thing that has ever happened to these country.posterity will remember her for fraudulent and cunning policies.

she will not go un purnished.

i trust baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gunmen Engage Joint Security Operatives In Gun Battle In Ihiala / Germany: Four Nigerian Siblings Deported Despite Being Integrated Into Society / I Will Miss Funke So Much, Says Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.