Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) (86324 Views)

Eko Atlantic Set To Become West Africa's Financial Hub / Eko Atlantic City Completes Eko Boulevard, Nigeria’s First 8 Lane City Road / Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by ChynoBEATS: 9:29am On May 26, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

This is not a state in the SE, it is a performing state. Stop the hate

It's about being a SE state.......n south east states dont abandon projects.........such only happens in the north.....

It's about plunging the state n the Federal gov in2 a huge un-payable Debt........cos if dat happens it'll be abandoned...... Such a project'll take a period of 2decadeds (2Oyears) n it must be fully funded by a good state government with foresight

Fashola has started work.........

can ambode continue without changing anything from the plan......

We all know that fashola is uncontrollable ,can ambode do the same.....
Remember that ambode is not a politician .....unlike ganiyu solomon , honorable yayi n co....

Thats the main question......
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:32am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:
I speak for most people( esp second generations of Nigerians abroad) when I say the reason most people haven't come back to settle down is mostly down to the poor infrastructures. Imagine thousands of fellow Nigerians like me and my family/friends selling all their assets to relocate back to Nigeria.
Tell me this won't positively affect Nigerians. Nigerians send $20-30 billion back to Nigeria every year, imagine if they all move back to invest in the country. Nigeria economy will automatically grow by at least %10. Talk less of the improvement due to increase in expertise in many white and blue collar jobs.
The snowball effect is simply too great.

Oga, please let me repeat for the umpteenth time:

Without emphasis and devotion to MASS education of ALL our children all that shiny infrastructure will go to rot in no time.
QED!!!

Have you seen anyone build a house starting from the roof

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Let me tell you a story:

Moral of the story- FIX the underlying issues first instead of expecting "trickle down" effect.
Europe and America did not develop that way. They focused first and continue to focus on MASS education.
China, India, Korea etc are also doing same with outstanding results.

Our late great sage, Awo understood that and transformed the Western region in just six years (1954-1960):

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1522997_bomadi_primary_jpeg032c5435f6e2155773054653ef75b849

Sadly, the akotiletas prodigal sons of Thief'nuibu cabal that have held us in bondage since 1999 do not understand this BASIC tenet of sustainable development! embarassed undecided
Sir, you are missing the point. This project is independent of government funding, which means all the things you are complaining about can also be developed in parallel.
Let's agree to disagree.

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 9:34am On May 26, 2015
Beautiful, eagerly looking forward to it. What scares some of us from living on the island is the ocean. What if a tsunami happens? Pardon me,I have a very wild imagination!

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by chineloSA(f): 9:35am On May 26, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

Nonsense.

Tell that to the dogs.
The project is in Yorubaland, the vision for the project was orchestrated by Yoruba men and women.

I will not edit the post because the poster is wishing that the project fails.

Yoruba man and Yoruba vision. What have you done?

What invention have you come up with. Don't tell us about Yoruba man who doesn't even know you. Tell us about what you have done as a Yoruba.

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Skywalker5(m): 9:35am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Is that how they do it in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy and those other places where Lagosians, Nigerians and black Africans are risking their lives to cross the desert and Mediterranean Sea just to be under-employed, work their arse off contributing to the development of these oyinbo societies while ours rot away WITHOUT even been acknowledged for their efforts

Trust me, UK has its own problem but they don't talk about it the way we Nigerians do. Most African government are criminals. This is a well know fact. They think about themselves a lot. The Mayfair apartment in London (One of the most expensive in UK) has a lot of Nigerian politicians as owners.They have stolen a lot from Nigerians and nothing can be done about it. I dont even trust Buhari.

I can't talk a lot but let me ask you. What do you want Nigerians to do? . I don't want to take this topic to politic but i'll really like to hear your opinion.

Is it that we are such a SHAMELESS bunch of mofos
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Skywalker5(m): 9:35am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Is that how they do it in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy and those other places where Lagosians, Nigerians and black Africans are risking their lives to cross the desert and Mediterranean Sea just to be under-employed, work their arse off contributing to the development of these oyinbo societies while ours rot away WITHOUT even been acknowledged for their efforts

Is it that we are such a SHAMELESS bunch of mofos

Trust me, UK has its own problem but they don't talk about it the way we Nigerians do. Most African government are criminals. This is a well know fact. They think about themselves a lot. The Mayfair apartment in London (One of the most expensive in UK) has a lot of Nigerian politicians as owners.They have stolen a lot from Nigerians and nothing can be done about it. I dont even trust Buhari.

I can't talk a lot but let me ask you. What do you want Nigerians to do? . I don't want to take this topic to politic but i'll really like to hear your opinion.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 9:37am On May 26, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

It's about being a SE state.......n south east states dont abandon projects.........such only happens in the north.....

It's about plunging the state n the Federal gov in2 a huge un-payable Debt........cos if dat happens it'll be abandoned...... Such a project'll take a period of 2decadeds (2Oyears) n it must be fully funded by a good state government with foresight

Fashola has started work.........

can ambode continue without changing anything from the plan......

We all know that fashola is uncontrollable ,can ambode do the same.....
Remember that ambode is not a politician .....unlike ganiyu solomon , honorable yayi n co....

Thats the main question......

Nwanne, it's a purely private project; thus I don't see how South Energyx would abandon their project midway after spending billions of $.
I pray I'll own a plot of land there grin

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Abbey2sam(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Nice. With Lagos as a ruling party state, this project has never had a brighter chance of completion than right now. We enjoin Engr. Kwankwaso and El-Rufai to deliver similarly scaled projects in Arewa just like the recent longest fly over in Africa, with the support of our Lagos counterparts.

when i see a thread like this, it makes me happy.....................

the poor masses are not asking for much o, just provide the with all this things

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 9:39am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:
Sir, you are missing the point. This project is independent of government funding, which means all the things you are complaining about can also be developed in parallel.
Let's agree to disagree.

But they are NOT being developed in parallel, or are they

How many children do you see roaming the street or stuck in their parents' home because they can not go to school in Lagos state today?

Why should an "excellent" governor be boasting over 14% FAILURE in education sector?
Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by IDeyNL: 9:39am On May 26, 2015
At 30km, I can perceive the stench emanating from the oily rotten soup by these imbecillic cowards.

They have started to derail this wonderful thread. I wonder why they can't keep their mouths shot! Anything "Igbo" gives them nightmare.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 9:39am On May 26, 2015
njays24:
Beautiful, eagerly looking forward to it. What scares some of us from living on the island is the ocean. What if a tsunami happens? Pardon me,I have a very wild imagination!
The EIA report gave the developers the green light to embark on the project. And the city is designed in such a way that the worst ocean surge would not cause massive flooding in the city.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nossa(m): 9:42am On May 26, 2015
credit to whoever initiated this project, am IGBO but this is beyond criticism, well done Lagosians

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 9:42am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Let me tell you a story:

Moral of the story- FIX the underlying issues first instead of expecting "trickle down" effect.
Europe and America did not develop that way. They focused first and continue to focus on MASS education.
China, India, Korea etc are also doing same with outstanding results.

Our late great sage, Awo understood that and transformed the Western region in just six years (1954-1960):

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1522997_bomadi_primary_jpeg032c5435f6e2155773054653ef75b849

Sadly, the akotiletas prodigal sons of Thief'nuibu cabal that have held us in bondage since 1999 do not understand this BASIC tenet of sustainable development! embarassed undecided

You know you're only being dishonest if you say Fashola hasn't done well with regards to education especially with your recycled pictures. Of course more has to be done and more will be done but why can't they go on with a project like this and improve education as well. How does one stop the other especially since this is privately funded. Do you know how many industries this project is going to affect? This project has the capacity of re-awakening our textile industry, I'm sure in your head you're like "huh?" but that's the difference between people that are successful and those that choose to stay in the same spot. If you sit down well and think about it you'll get it. Thats just one of the many industries that this project can breathe a new life into.

A medical city is being planned in here, what this means is at least we won't have to go to India, Germany, Saudi, Dubai and so on before we can get world-class health care. This project is going to set a tone on how Nigeria will be built henceorth. Other states will see this and will want to emulate even if on a smaller scale. Seriously it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure how hugely this project is going to affect every aspect of this country.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by ChynoBEATS: 9:43am On May 26, 2015
CFCfan:

Nwanne, it's a purely private project; thus I don't see how South Energyx would abandon their project midway after spending billions of $.
I pray I'll own a plot of land there grin

Abi o...
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 9:44am On May 26, 2015
CFCfan:

The EIA report gave the developers the green light to embark on the project. And the city is designed in such a way that the worst ocean surge would not cause massive flooding in the city.
That's good!
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Skoopy(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2015
If the Nigerian factor is exempted, that is how wonderful the project would look. But with it in force, you expect the result would be a far cry from what we see on paper.

Good initiative though.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by nerodenero: 9:49am On May 26, 2015
Let me quickly register my presence here so that when this earthly paradise is completed and Nairaland is still alive and well, I would recall when selected few brought the nation down on her knees and be happy that all that starts well ends well.

Atleast I am happy that something good would eventually come out of Nigeria and our children in future would be glad that we have given them a befitting environment, a country to be proud off and I expect them in return to maintain the change and work towards a greater and better nation.

Though hoping against hope that more regions in Nigeria would begin to wear a new look and the country would eventually take its rightful position among the Committee of nations.

This is indeed commendable cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by finamaris(f): 9:50am On May 26, 2015
Waoooooo di is good just like the construction of seven starhotel in dubai

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by kilode100(f): 9:51am On May 26, 2015
docsholz:
I'll believe when it's completed

Me too.

24 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

But they are NOT being developed in parallel, or are they

How many children do you see roaming the street or stuck in their parents' home because they can not go to school in Lagos state today?

Why should an "excellent" governor be boasting over 14% FAILURE in education sector?
Why?
Then lagosian should've exerted their voting power or asked why other project are suffering? What you are asking is similar to those asking private investors to stop developing ultra urban manhattan simply because New orleans and Detroit are poor. I am neutral on this, but if you felt fashola was not doing a proper job then he has no excuse because he isn't funding this EAC project.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by richard870(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2015
All I see is tax payers' money being wasted.Smh sad
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by lastpage: 9:54am On May 26, 2015
oduastates:

6 fourth mainland bridge ( to enhance transportation between the mainland and the islands. I believe that the business case for it is not ripe yet.)

All these projects are inter-linked by a common strategy. To make lagos a world city.
Being done in a different way but this is exactly how many countries develop.
Be it dubai or Singapore.
By doing interlinked projects. One project in a portfolio leading to the necessity(business case) for another project.
Not the rubbish other governors and presidents do. Just build rubbish all over the place without any vision

The 100,000 tree seedlings being bred to line the streets, avenues and boulevards.
Credit : eko atlantic

Sorry, l hate it when some people quote a "ten page" paragraph, just to reply a poster, its a waste of bandwidth hence my decision to quote only the part of your post l want to respond to, brilliant post though!

Now, on the 4th Mainland Bridge, l think you are wrong.

IMO, l think it is a project that needs IMMEDIATE COnstruction and Completion:

1.) EKO Atlantic City is not for the poor masses who make up over 95% of the State's population. These 95% over still need somewhere to live, ways to commute to work and back

2.) The Lagos Mainland and the Island/Ikoyi/Lekki are very congested and land-locked hence the only area for "cheap land" expansion is in the hinterlands of Ikorodu, Epe and/or Badagry, e.t.c

3.) Ikorodu and Epe are actually going to be the source of "manpower' and white collar job workers who will power the EAC on a daily basis. It is not likely that someone will commute from Egbeda or Alakuko, to work in the EAC;.....
..... though it is "possible" but it will be at a "comparatively" heavier cost.
The Cheaper and sensibly-likely option is to live as closest as possible, to where you work or at least in a way that you experience less stress and less cost, going to work daily.

4.) With the above in mind, l think depending on only the "revamped" but still very narrow "Lagos-Ikorodu road", for these hoard of workers to commute to the Island/EAC is just not sensible.
I have done that journey a few times and l know its an "extreme waste" of "manpower and resources". Health-wise, its a killer!

5.) I also have looked at the option of Ferry Services along that axis but that is still in its infancy and better left to private investors for now.

Thus, the only "viable option" left, to MAXIMISE AND SUSTAIN the possible benefits of the EAC is to ensure there is a viable, free, rapid and cheap means of commuting between the "source of labor/manpower" (Epe, Ikorodu and environs) AND THE DESTINATION CITY (EAC) .

This is where the 4th Mainland bridge comes in.

6.) It has the power to open-up and enhance the value of these "border areas" at a very minimal cost.

7.) It has the ability to reduce pressure of "slums" forming in-and-around the model city as such folks can live afar but be easily accessible to the Model City.

8.) The Bridge is a very capital intensive project such that no PPP is ready to fund it or can even afford to do so and as such, Projects of this nature are "reserved" for the federal Govt with contribution from the State.
In light of the above, l think TODAY is the right opportunity for Lagosians and the APC to "cash-in" on their past efforts, to make the APC the ruling party at the centre.
If this opportunity is lost, it may take another 50years to come around again.
The Govt in Lagos must quickly push for the building of the 4th mainland Bridge TODAY, TODAY.

(I know "haters" who dont want well for the S/West will try to justify why it is not necessary though we know their real intention and their judgement is beclouded by their hate, so we can just ignore them) wink

9.) Finally, Constructing and completing the 4th mainland Bridge ASAP, will reduce the pressure, ensuing accidents/deaths and the Traffic gridlock, on the Onipanu-Anthony-Ojota-Ketu-Ikorodu Express road axis.

Peeps will spend less time in the vehicular traffic and hence become more productive, live longer with a balanced lifestyle and the bridge might implement a "very small token" as Toll-Fee (emphasis on very small) so as to recoup some of the cost and make money available for other projects.
As someone who was 'born and bred' in Lagos, l know "whatzup" on this matter of traffic congestion in that axis.

A healthy population is a Productive population!
Its a win-win situation for everyone and the EAC project especially.

These are the reasons why l think the 4th mainland Bridge should be the first and most prioritised project of Lagos State, from the Federal Govt.
Opportunity once lost may never be regained again.

Eko o'ni ba'je!

Lastpage!

13 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by RickyTan: 9:58am On May 26, 2015
Obiodunukwe:

Nonsense.

Tell that to the dogs.
The project is in Yorubaland, the vision for the project was orchestrated by Yoruba men and women.

I will not edit the post because the poster is wishing that the project fails.

Our country, Nigeria wants this project to succeed and thrive. Only a fool will wish for this project to fail. We want a modern country with massive state of the art infrastructure. If Lagos succeeds, Nigeria succeeds. We are all in this together. See as fuel scarcity cripple every one. Or you think say Ebola for discriminate? Or did BH that bombed Abuja discriminate? I plead with you to think UNITY above all other considerations because Unity is Strength. We pray for our national leaders Buhari and Osinbajo to succeed for all of Nigeria.

Let us ALL build a country that is indeed a true Giant of Africa. May God continue to Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by stan241(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2015
Nwanne all this our hustle na here we go lavish am last last..#notime

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrbillz(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2015
I was marveled by what i saw when i visited VI last month. The bar-beach is now calm as ever due to the land reclaimed from it. You could go there for sight-seeing but you gats tip those baba at the entrace peanut to let you in. Lagos is truly working

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by lastpage: 10:00am On May 26, 2015
IDeyNL:
At 30km, I can perceive the stench emanating from the oily rotten soup by these imbecillic cowards.

They have started to derail this wonderful thread. I wonder why they can't keep their mouths shot! Anything "Igbo" gives them nightmare.

Chill, the EAC is nothing "Igbo".
It is purely private funded and located in Yoloba lands! grin grin
Same thing can be replicated in the Igbo lands if they have the vision and visionary(?) Leaders like Awolowo, Fashola and Tinubu, e.t.c.

They might not be saints but vision they do have.
Lets focus on the issue and leave the tribal thingy to the haters.

Lastpage!

9 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 10:01am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:
You know you're only being dishonest if you say Fashola hasn't done well with regards to education especially with your recycled pictures.

Fashola is a FAILURE in the education sector or how do you classify a score of 14% in PUBLIC schools provision without even taking into account the % of children who cannot go to ANY school at all- whether private or public
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2015
Any pictures will be appreciated. I will post more updates later.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 10:06am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

- Government grants the developers licence, not so?
- Government gave the land, HOPEFULLY at a good annual RENT paid to the state coffers, not so?

Apart from other IMPLICATIONS of government in this particular venture and any other private venture in the state.
Hope you understand!

So how does government giving developers licence stop education from improving. What you're basically saying is every other thing should come to halt until education gets to a satisfactory level for you.

Those licences you're talking about is what's going to give government funds to improve this education you're so passionate about. The government needs to keep opening revenue avenues like these to fund the states. They tax, you complain, they create revenue avenues you complain yet you want to govt to create a system like the US. Go read about development of the US and learn what it took for them to get where they are today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 10:09am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Fashola is a FAILURE in the education sector or how do you classify a score of 14% in PUBLIC schools provision without even taking into account the % of children who cannot go to ANY school at all- whether private or public

Dude pls can you not always be anti-APC. Why do you feel the need to crap on anything that's not seen to be pro-PDP or pro-Jonathan. This thread has been moved from politics to properties. Go open a thread in politics and discuss education, I'll join you there. This is a wonderful project and it's supposed to be for people who appreciate and understand why this is a wonderful thing.

10 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 10:12am On May 26, 2015
Misplaced priority,i dont see how the common man will benefit from this,i just dont see how

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.