Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market (17704 Views)

Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business / We Supply Fresh Vegetable Leaf In Large Quantity / Low Cost 6 Weeks Vegetable Farm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2015
4. Okra or Okro
Yoruba Ila
Hausa Kugbewa
Igbo Okuru
Also known as ladies' fingers, is a flowering plant that is valued for its edible green seed pods.
The plant is cultivated in tropical, subtropical and warm temperate regions around the world.

1. Okra is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content.
2. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants.
3. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium.

Marketable Varieties
The small okra usually refered to as indian okra

Packaging
A 3kg bag

Price Range
N200 - N500

Seasonality
All year round
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
jethro2:
4. Okra or Okro
Yoruba Ila
Hausa Kugbewa
Igbo Okuru
Also known as ladies' fingers, is a flowering plant that is valued for its edible green seed pods.
The plant is cultivated in tropical, subtropical and warm temperate regions around the world.

1. Okra is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content.

Marketable Varieties

Packaging
A 3kg bag

Price Range
N200 - N500

Seasonality
All year round

Thanks Jethro. I have planted my test plot 4days ago. I will post some pictures soon. About the packaging, 3kg bags will be scarce. Any other alternative pls?
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 2:53am On Jun 09, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Thanks Jethro. I have planted my test plot 4days ago. I will post some pictures soon. About the packaging, 3kg bags will be scarce. Any other alternative pls?
There are specific bags for the packaging and specific variety demanded by the market.
The general tiwantiwa (local) okro variety are sold in baskets.
The variety will be determine by the packaging and the market
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by Pavore9: 2:59am On Jun 09, 2015
jethro2:
4. Okra or Okro
Yoruba Ila
Hausa Kugbewa
Igbo Okuru

Marketable Varieties

Packaging
A 3kg bag

Price Range
N200 - N500

Seasonality
All year round

While l am buying a kilo of Okra at the Supermarket for N250! angry
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:36am On Jun 09, 2015
Pavore9:

You mean N250/Kg in Kenya?
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by Pavore9: 7:51am On Jun 09, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

You mean N250/Kg in Kenya?

Yes though the Supermarkets buy from farmers for about N150/kg. Most of Kenyans don't know what Okra is, it is mostly foreigners that eat it here. For Ewedu, they grow it but prepare it fresh milk! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 10:55am On Jun 09, 2015
Pavore9:

Okro is mostly sold in the open market in Nigeria. Hardly will you see supermarket selling okro.
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by Pavore9: 11:01am On Jun 09, 2015
jethro2:

Okro is mostly sold in the open market in Nigeria. Hardly will you see supermarket selling okro.

While here, Okra, Ata rodo, green, shoko, ewedu is more guaranteed to be found in the veggie section of supermarkets than in the open market. Weighing ewedu on the scale still make me laugh! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Pavore9:

While here, Okra, Ata rodo, green, shoko, ewedu is more guaranteed to be found in the veggie section of supermarkets than in the open market. Weighing ewedu on the scale still make me laugh! cheesy cheesy cheesy
That's interesting.
Wish we can upgrade the Nigeria farmers to that level. We don't have measurement, grade/scale or packaging for vegetables.
There is currently no standard market for fresh vegetables. People scouts every where
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by Pavore9: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2015
jethro2:

That's interesting.
Wish we can upgrade the Nigeria farmers to that level. We don't have measurement, grade/scale or packaging for vegetables.
There is currently no standard market for fresh vegetables. People scouts every where

Supermarkets do visit farms to verify their process for quality control. The customer picks as much he/she wants and go weigh it. l always pick about 400gm of okra which l pay N100 for, it happens to be the same quantity l buy in open markets in Lagos for the same N100 but in a better atmosphere!
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pavore9:

Supermarkets do visit farms to verify their process for quality control. The customer picks as much he/she wants and go weigh it. l always pick about 400gm of okra which l pay N100 for, it happens to be the same quantity l buy in open markets in Lagos for the same N100 but in a better atmosphere!
Better atmosphere!!!!
That's what we lack here
We hope to get there some day
We are working towards that
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
We have been contacted by some agribusiness organisation to referred candidates that we could vouch for their performance to them.
Companies in Lagos and Ogun State.
jethro2:
2ND FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING When you pay N25,000 for a month training,
you automatically have:
1. Access to half acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one month training
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room has been arranged for participant to stay for a month
3. Seed will be given for you to pay at harvest
4. You can only plant vegetables
5. We will help to sell your vegetables if you follow the good agricultural practise that we will all learn during the training
6. You must participate in vegetable training for minimum of a month
7. No fertilizer will be given. We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and you can easily buy the inorganic fertilizer and organic if you want
8. You will pay for your tractor usage which is N3,000 per acre at the LGA. Trainee will take care of their farm labour
9. You get to feed yourself throughout the period
10. You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.
11. We take care of your accommodation for a month.
12. Alternative accommodation is been arranged for trainee to take care of themselves after the one month if they choose to stay
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of July
14. Its on first pay first participating basis
15. Participant should prepare for real farm work.
Training dates July 6th - July 31st
Where Ago Amodu Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Contact no 08064688501
Do have a lovely day
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
2ND FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING When you pay N25,000 for a month training,
you automatically have:
1. Access to half acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one month training
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room has been arranged for participant to stay for a month
3. Seed will be given for you to pay at harvest
4. You can only plant vegetables
5. We will help to sell your vegetables if you follow the good agricultural practise that we will all learn during the training
6. You must participate in vegetable training for minimum of a month
7. No fertilizer will be given. We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and you can easily buy the inorganic fertilizer and organic if you want
8. You will pay for your tractor usage which is N3,000 per acre at the LGA. Trainee will take care of their farm labour
10. You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.
12. Alternative accommodation is been arranged for trainee to take care of themselves after the one month if they choose to stay
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of July

Training dates July 6th - July 31st
Contact no 08064688501
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by sayso: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
jethro2:
Mile 12 Sales Agents
These are the people that sells for you in the market.
They display your wares at the different sections allocated to it.
They are paid on commission. Based on the prevailing market price.
And like we already said, price flunctuates in the market so the commissions vary with selling price
madam please can you get me a vegetable agent number in mile 12,to discus what is needed at anytime. Cecene.nigeria@gmail.com.
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jamufa: 2:26am On Jul 23, 2015
jethro2:
Need to sell your fresh vegetables?
The market is here!!!
We have access to open market vegetables all year round for farmers and intending farmers.

Hi Jethro please i am interested in getting market for my produce, i am in lagos and i had a horrible last year (i started farming in october and i have just lost my first hundreds of thousands and i am just starting to plant my 2nd set, I really need your help; i also need your help on fighting cucurbits anthracnose, tomato wilt and what pepper and watermelon is best to plant. help in any area is well appreciated as you can see from the time of this post it is giving me sleepless nights.
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2015
sayso:
madam please can you get me a vegetable agent number in mile 12,to discus what is needed at anytime. Cecene.nigeria@gmail.com.
my contact no
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 6:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Market is not an issue. Production and meeting corrects markets are.
On the vegetable diseases, you need to take your time in studying them one at a time.
You may plant to join us for our next practical training so you can have more information on how to tackle pest and diseases.
jamufa:

Hi Jethro please i am interested in getting market for my produce, i am in lagos and i had a horrible last year (i started farming in october and i have just lost my first hundreds of thousands and i am just starting to plant my 2nd set, I really need your help; i also need your help on fighting cucurbits anthracnose, tomato wilt and what pepper and watermelon is best to plant. help in any area is well appreciated as you can see from the time of this post it is giving me sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
3RD FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING
Its happening again.
The 3rd phase of our practical vegetable training
N25,000 for a month training guarantees you>
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room for a month
3. Seed will be available for sale
4. Different varieties of vegetables to be trained on
5. Available market awaits your vegetables
6. You have participate in vegetable training for minimum of a month
8. Access to low cost labour and farm implements
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of September

Training dates September 1st - 26th
Contact no 08064688501
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
Its happening again.
Contact no 08064688501

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by LucidG(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
jethro2:
Its happening again.
Contact no 08064688501

Will def program myself to join this batch. Keep up the good work ma!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
LucidG:

Will def program myself to join this batch. Keep up the good work ma!
Thank you
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
Its happening again.
Contact no 08064688501
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
1 Radish
2 Green pepper
3 Tomato
4 Water melon

1 Like

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
1 Chilli pepper
2 Melon
3 Onion
4 cucumber

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
1 Water melon
2. sweet pepper
3. white radish

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2015
September is approaching
Our next trainning is knocking
September 1st - 26th
Registration has commenced.
For N25,000
Free land to farm
Training for a month which includes
a Soil treatment
b Nursery and direct seedling
c Choosing your vegetables
d accessing market
e Disease and Pest etc
Technical support
Labour available
Irrigation facilities
The future belongs to those of us that are willing bto get our hands dirty

1 Like

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by greenmatorganic: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
jethro2:
Requirement to be in the network:
1. Must be a vegetable farmer
2. Have quality vegetable to sell
3. Can supply vegetable throughout the season
4. Will abide by rules and regulations of the market network
5. Arrange for product to get to the destinated market.
6. Make use of marketable and quality seed for planting
7. Use the recommended packaging material

Jethro2 based on the conditions you listed above its more or less saying you are a Vegetable Union person or encouraging continued unionism in the market.

The government isn't responsible enough to have regulation in place. So these Unions sometimes are very underhanded because of their corrupt practices.
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by greenmatorganic: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
jethro2:
September is approaching
Our next trainning is knocking
September 1st - 26th
Registration has commenced.
For N25,000
Free land to farm
Training for a month which includes
a Soil treatment
b Nursery and direct seedling
c Choosing your vegetables
d accessing market
e Disease and Pest etc
Technical support
Labour available
Irrigation facilities
The future belongs to those of us that are willing bto get our hands dirty

What your doing and this hands on Training your providing majority of these graduates is very marvelous, I applaud you, your leading & cutting edge, choosing to stand out, being relentless, determined and resilient.

I definitely would run by you for technical assistance or we both share experience, helping to instill New values in the younger Nigerian generation, whom are so fixated on get rich by night schemes.

Practical experience is far way valueable and much better than thesis and theory based education. This is the real deal
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by greenmatorganic: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
jethro2:
Its happening again.
Contact no 08064688501

Amazing lady you are, I have been following you on a lot of threads, this clears it for me regards my assertion on Unionism, it appears your also caught in the same trap with having to deal with Agents & marketers.

Pls can you clear it for me on why they insist in most markets that you have to Join their UNION especially the vegetables market in Mile12.

The Ketu Vegetables/Fruit market don't make that a condition of Sale. It even makes me mad as a thorough Awori (Lagosian) to be asked to pay owo ile, these are foreigners on our land demanding money from original indigenes like us.

I plan taking court action soon to bring REFORM to the way these things have been done for many years. It would be nice if all existing farmers or would be farmers whom are the same breed as us, enlightened and educated form lobby groups to push for needed reforms. Things have just been handed down for many years with nothing giving back to society nor any value add.

My farm isnt far from Igangan hope to see you someday.

Well done for your great work and passion keep up the good work. God abundantly bless you
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by greenmatorganic: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
jethro2:
Its happening again.
Contact no 08064688501

Question for you @Jethro2 pls what's the composition of your organic manure, is it made out of compost using aerobic digestion or you have a compostor.

Moreso, have you tried the fertilizer from Earthcare
Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
greenmatorganic:

Question for you @Jethro2 pls what's the composition of your organic manure, is it made out of compost using aerobic digestion or you have a compostor.
Moreso, have you tried the fertilizer from Earthcare
Why dont you go straight to marketing your product instead of posing some big grammars that a local farmer like me can not comprehend?
What happen to poultry waste and cow dungs?
You can visit the farm and i will teach organic manure usage free of charge.
please get someone else to patronise

1 Like

Re: Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market by jethro2: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
greenmatorganic:

Jethro2 based on the conditions you listed above its more or less saying you are a Vegetable Union person or encouraging continued unionism in the market.
The government isn't responsible enough to have regulation in place. So these Unions sometimes are very underhanded because of their corrupt practices.
Hmnnn. must one belong to a union before one bring about changes. What exactly is your point?
Please stop pointing fingers and get some work done
Who are the goverments?
We will only make the move the day we sto blaming someone for our woes
Lots and lots of people are making it big in the same country that a lot complain about
They neither have two heads or more brains.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos) / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.