Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century (37375 Views)

Lady's 21st Birthday Photos Got People Doubting Her Age / Help! I Feel Like A 21st Century Witch / Is This Billboard Discouraging Or Encouraging Sexual Immorality? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 8:18pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

Oh yes.. I watched Ellen DeGeneres say this some time ago.. A lot others have said it openly and proudly too.. I guess you aren't aware much about the western world
What are you talking about exactly? That they are thieves?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:19pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
What are you talking about exactly? That they are thieves?
ahan.. didn't u see the post which I replied to? About gays coming to say it openly
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 8:19pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

Oh yes.. I watched Ellen DeGeneres say this some time ago.. A lot others have said it openly and proudly too.. I guess you aren't aware much about the western world
What are you talking about exactly? That they are thieves? Because I need the answer to that, not that I didn't know people are gay and proud.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
What are you talking about exactly? That they are thieves? Because I need the answer to that, not that I didn't know people are gay and proud.
What did you ask that I quoted? undecided
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 8:24pm On May 26, 2015
winner01:
u were tryn to adjust ur msg in ur reply....not cool
I wasn't. The last paragraph of my write-up said something of "If you want to kpansh, kpansh, dem no fit kill you....but call 10 litres of fuel what it is"

Read the last part again. Perhaps you couldn't understand it
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 8:24pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
ahan.. didn't u see the post which I replied to? About gays coming to say it openly
I didn't see this before my other reply. Ofcourse I know people are gay and proud, I asked two questions alright but I only needed 1 answer because I assumed(in error) that even a blind man by now know people are gay and proud everywhere, even if they have some(gay peoplehiding in some parts of the world.

I need to know if thieves anywhere can be legally thieves and be proud,over the world?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:27pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
I didn't see this before my other reply. Ofcourse I know people are gay and proud, I asked two questions alright but I only needed 1 answer because I assumed(in error) that even a blind man by now know people are gay and proud everywhere, even if they have some(gay people?hiding in some parts of the world.

I need to know if thieves anywhere can be legally thieves and be proud,over the world?
let me go by ur logic that morality is subjective in this one.. Since morality is subjective, then yes.. assuming it is subjective like you say
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 8:31pm On May 26, 2015
Dammit.

So basically, what you are saying is that if you are having sex, you should stand for that and be proud of it rather than blaming your partner for seducing you?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by stan241(m): 8:31pm On May 26, 2015
Personally i believe the word "Immorality" has turned into a "personal" thing meaning you can't enforce what you see as immoral on another person, we can go on about this sex thingy but its all down to individuals and what they "believe" in and not really about morals anymore that's the world we are faced with today, its a personal choice really now for me if i don't have any sort of emotional connection to you(which is rare) aint no way I'm getting down with you unlike some who well as long as the opposite sex has the desired features, then its game on @op its all about personal beliefs and not really "Immorality" as you termed it but nice write up

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winie(f): 8:41pm On May 26, 2015
RiffRaff:
It is your business if u decide not to have sex in a relationship...
As far as i am concerned, it is a free world. Wether you choose to have sex or not is a personal decision.
My biggest grouse with this write up is terming Sex is as "immorality".
Sex is a beautiful part of nature. As long as 2 conscenting adult decides to have sex & it is not rape. There is absolutely nothing immoral about it.
Everybody should find their own kind. You wanna keep yourself till marriage, fine.. Goodluck to you!
Let those who wants to have sex do so by all means. Different strokes for different strokes.
People should stop quoting retarded lies from fabricated middle eastern & Jewish Religion and fairytale God to back up the claim that sex is "Dirty or Immoral"
Dont feel guilty about something as amazing & beautiful as sex, its an important part of nature.
So ladies and gentlemen, have sex, learn more about it, improve on it, make sure you stay PROTECTED always and if you choose not to, make sure you are always ready for what comes after.
Cheers!
Haba! She never said sex was bad nor immoral. She only implied from her write up that pre marital sex is irresponsible. Fairy tale god you say...anyway, even our culture forbids pre marital sex. Why? Cos sex within the umbrella of marriage is clean and moral. At the risk of sounding judgemental, unwanted pregnancies, STDs, diseases, mental and emotional traumas, abortions, deaths, dysfunctional societies fill with baby mamas and papas, etc, is where "learning about and improving on sex" (as you brazenly put it) has brought quite a number of people. The fact that some were consensual, doesn't erase the above consequences. You are a man abi? We have a saying in my place-"good is good, and bad is bad, who ever say something bad is good, let come in quantum to him, and whoever say god is bad, may he never see good". So my dear, n matter how you look at it, GOD can NEVER be a liar. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by RantiFadahunsi: 8:41pm On May 26, 2015
This makes perfect sense OP.People don't like taking responsibility for their actions and like blaming other people. You, my dear,are very wise. You wont regret it. No STDs,unwanted pregnancy and self esteem issues from being abused by randy boys. Wisdom guranteed

safarigirl:
This topic came up because I was having a discussion with my room mates and I told them simply that anyone who thinks she's ready to have sex, should equally be ready for the consequences.

Then they said that it isn't really a girl's fault if she sleeps with a guy who 'deceives' her into thinking he's genuine thereby getting pregnant.

Now, there I fully disagree. Isn't it always easier to blame the guy for impregnating you? "Oh, he told me he loves me and that's why I slept with him"....um, if I want something from someone, of course I'll say all the right things. Or, when you wan collect money from the guy, shey you sef no dey abuse the 'L' word?

Any girl sleeping with a dude because he 'professed his 'undying love' is either a 12-year old or re-tarded.

The next thing they said is "It takes the grace of God to overcome temptation"...leave it to black people to pull God into their mess. When you put yourself in a risky situation, prepare for risks. If you decide to go to a man's house- a virile man's house alone, be ready for certain things that could arise. This isn't about just the grace of God, this is about being smart and cautious.

Unless in rape cases and those involving minors, there is no sort of sexual relationship between a man and woman that is non-consensual. You were of sane mind when he touched you, kissed and fondled, comot cloth, comot undies and finished project, so why make excuses?

One was even askinng me that so if I had a bf I wouldn't sleep with him. And I replied that it's only in this century that sleeping with a man just because he's courting you is viewed as perfectly normal. That view is what made me realise that the world has been taken over by madness the likes of which TB Joshua cannot cure.

I have made a personal decision not to involve myself in fornication and I have been pro-active about it by ensuring that I stay away from 'dangerous' situations. I have tons of male friends some of whom have expressed their interests and have been turned down, if I must meet them, we meet in public places. I do not subscribe to meeting males in private, staying out late with guys who I know little of or generally being in uncomfortable situations. Of course I sometimes come off as a shrewd or frigid, but you have to take some things, better that than ashawo or public toilet

If you have made a decision to be sexually active, then don't make excuses for it. Don't present yourself as a victim of the 'superior male intellect'. I dey kpansh, I dey kpansh, dem no fit kill pesin ontop that one. Call 10 litres of petrol what it is, don't present 10 litres as 15 litres or say "it's supposed to be 10 litres, but the attendant cheated me"

Be who you are and stand for something.

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2015
stan241:
Personally i believe the word "Immorality" has turned into a "personal" thing meaning you can't enforce what you see as immoral on another person, we can go on about this sex thingy but its all down to individuals and what they "believe" in and not really about morals anymore that's the world we are faced with today, its a personal choice really now for me if i don't have any sort of emotional connection to you(which is rare) aint no way I'm getting down with you unlike some who well as long as the opposite sex has the desired features, then its game on @op its all about personal beliefs and not really "Immorality" as you termed it but nice write up

I agree with this. The op might come with a bible to support her reasoning for calling it immoral but not everyone believes in that so you are right in saying it's personal.

When they were doing it they forgot all that immoral and fornicating bit but when they turn born again, thats when they start pointing fingers and being judgy instead of whipping themselves to oblivion for their "immoral" ways in penance.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 9:15pm On May 26, 2015
kandiikane:

I agree with this. The op might come with a bible to support her reasoning for calling it immoral but not everyone believes in that so you are right in saying it's personal.

When they were doing it they forgot all that immoral and fornicating bit but when they turn born again, thats when they start pointing fingers and being judgy instead of whipping themselves to oblivion for their "immoral" ways in penance.
i'm not a bible freak, so I can't even quote anything to support whatever.

I believe the last paragraph of my write-up clearly outlined that i'm not against people having sex, i'm against people who have sex and then blMe everyone but themselves
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by spinnerush(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2015
So wetin de op de try talk now; say she neva phuck b4?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by spinnerush(m): 9:18pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winie(f): 9:19pm On May 26, 2015
deeptesting:

I recently found Christ and doing all my best to live in accordance with his will through the help of the holy spirit. I was happy and my spirit leaped in joy when i read your opinion and that of the OP.. It is pretty difficult to live in this part of the world as a true follower of Jesus Christ but what will a follower of Christ be without temptation and ridicule?

However, i find it so hard to understand when those who profess Christianity are caught living a double life in the simplest of things, please i hope you and the OP are not into collecting money and gifts from these boys and later turn around to deny them sex? The Bible says "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God".

The Bible also in James 1:27b says" We should keep oneself unspotted from the world" So on point. Congratulations on your new birth. Grace, more grace. Its a difficult world we live in, but we are assured of the crown of life, when we endure to the end. Thank GOD we have help. Hmmm, the harvest is much, but few labourers. Thank GOD for grace. Its well

It is my prayer that you girls keep to your faith and know that God will reward you earnestly that which you have lost in 21 folds.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 9:22pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
let me go by ur logic that morality is subjective in this one.. Since morality is subjective, then yes.. assuming it is subjective like you say
you didn't answer the question.

Can thieves be proud anywhere in the part of the world freely without consequences? Yes or no.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winie(f): 9:23pm On May 26, 2015
deeptesting:

I recently found Christ and doing all my best to live in accordance with his will through the help of the holy spirit. I was happy and my spirit leaped in joy when i read your opinion and that of the OP.. It is pretty difficult to live in this part of the world as a true follower of Jesus Christ but what will a follower of Christ be without temptation and ridicule?

However, i find it so hard to understand when those who profess Christianity are caught living a double life in the simplest of things, please i hope you and the OP are not into collecting money and gifts from these boys and later turn around to deny them sex? The Bible says "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God".

The Bible also in James 1:27b says" We should keep oneself unspotted from the world"
It is my prayer that you girls keep to your faith and know that God will reward you earnestly that which you have lost in 21 folds.
So on point. Girls. Men are not ur meal tickets nor ATM. Congratulations on your new birth. Grace, more grace. Its a difficult world we live in, but we are assured of the crown of life, when we endure to the end. Thank GOD we have help. Hmmm, the harvest is much, but few labourers. Thank GOD for grace. Its well
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
you didn't answer the question.

Can thieves be proud anywhere in the part of the world freely without consequences? Yes or no.
please go back and read my last post, its in english
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by stan241(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2015
kandiikane:

Very true what you said, some even say it was "in a moment of weakness" but even at that you knew that what you were about to do was "immoral" yet you chose to do it probably because you were attracted to him/her or you body just needed to blow off steam at that point in time, it still boils down to "personal" choice
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by stan241(m): 9:47pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:

I believe the last paragraph of my write-up clearly outlined that i'm not against people having sex, i'm against people who have sex and then blMe everyone but themselves
I guess his point is the term "immoral" as depicted in your topic doesn't come off right especially seeing as its not like these persons you talking about were not in any way raped, they chose to "open up" cus they felt it was right
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Lero15(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2015
Nice post!
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by deeptesting(m): 9:56pm On May 26, 2015
winie:
So on point. Girls. Men are not ur meal tickets nor ATM. Congratulations on your new birth. Grace, more grace. Its a difficult world we live in, but we are assured of the crown of life, when we endure to the end. Thank GOD we have help. Hmmm, the harvest is much, but few labourers. Thank GOD for grace. Its well

Thank you and continue to be in God's love.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:

Don't get me wrong I agree with the writeup. I was referring to your title.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 10:08pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

If I get you right, you are saying you can only be moral or immoral based on what a man made law says?

You don't see homosexuality as immoral but the Nigerian law condemns it outrightly with a 14 years imprisonment? Sorry but am yet to understand your point as it is not consistent.

I was Comparing Nigeria to turkey as per you saying fornication can never be an offence. .Go to islamic countries and fornicate openly okay?

A thief's act is not seen as a wrong act by all, even though it is an immoral act. I gave you the analogy of a thief because it was infact very common with my roomates in school back then. They do not see their yahoo yahoo 419 scam to the white man as stealing because the white man stole from us years back? Now does this mean stealing isnt immoral? That was my point which is very easy to conprehend.

Anyone that truly know the meaning of immorality knows that homosexuality is immoral, they may not see it as an offence, thus not supporting the bill to be passed to law but that doesn't mean they don't see it as an immoral act. For example, I wont support the fornication bill to be passed to law but that doesn't mean that fornication is morally okay.

When you steal, you are depriving someone of something which is a bad thing.

When someone is having intercourse with a person of the same sex in their bedroom, it does not have any impact on you whatsoever or deprive you of anything.

Can you see the difference?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 10:21pm On May 26, 2015
kandiikane:

When you steal, you are depriving someone of something which is a bad thing.

When someone is having intercourse with a person of the same sex in their bedroom, it does not have any impact on you whatsoever or deprive you of anything.

Can you see the difference?
oga we are talking of morality and immorality here. Its independent of the pleasure u derive from it.. So if something does not affect me directly, its is morally right, SMH!!
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 10:24pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
oga we are talking of morality and immorality here. Its independent of the pleasure u derive from it.. So if something does not affect me directly, its is morally right, SMH!!
Na wa o, seriously how can you define what she wrote with this post of yours?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 10:26pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Na wa o, seriously how can you define what she wrote with this post of yours?
I believe she understands
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 10:26pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

Yes.
Even the thief may feel guilty afterwards for his actions but when a homosexual is with the love of his life, why would he feel guilty when he is doing something his body naturally wants to do.

The concept of morally and immorality is subjective.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Immarocks(f): 10:27pm On May 26, 2015
Brytawon:
FTC! Yes I made it!
Like to dedicate this privilege to any woman who has stood for her dignity, who upholds her integrity not because of circumstances but because of her respect for her future husband. Every woman's pride lies not only in her preservation but the respect her husband renders to her for not doing otherwise.
Thumbs up @Op.
FP material!!!
I said it...
there we go again.with this same old male superioty over sex..her husband, for her husband,for her future husband.. if i may ask..wat is her supposed future husband doing for his future wife?...let me guess...busy enjoying himself while d gal is expected to wait for him.well "a gal to can enjoy n practice while waiting to make "him" happy"

for everything you do,every decision you take...its solely for urself n something superior GOD.

if u think a man b/f is our superior then keep doing it..coz if him(advice)
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 10:29pm On May 26, 2015
kandiikane:

Yes.
Even the thief may feel guilty afterwards for his actions but when a homosexual is with the love of his life, why would he feel guilty when he is doing someone what his body naturally wants to do.

The concept of morally and immorality is subjective.

if u say the concept of morality is subjective; do you agree that every action or deed done is subjective then?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 10:29pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
I believe she understands
Kandikane? Can that post of it be inferred as what you meant?grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Know This Any Time You See A Man Bragging That He Has Slept With A Certain Lady / What Is Going On With Ladies ? / Guys, Some Very Silly Things You Should Stop Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.