Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045851 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 30, 2015
Good day e-family.....I am not really new to d forum, I had issues with my student visa sometime last year and was given a three year ban on any study related program. Now I have manage to convince my husband to apply for PR...... The issue now is DAT I do not understand his qualification..... he did a Diploma and advance diploma program with Obafemi Awolowo Uni, then used his diploma cert to gain admission to Nigerian College of Admin after which he did his youth service.
My question now is
Can his cert be assest as a degree program or just certificate?

You contributions will highly be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Julietdanny: 9:59pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=lighthouse4real post=34236160]

Hello. Are you referring to Ocupational English Test (OET) and not OTE? I'm not familiar with the latter one you quoted.
Google it and everything about it ( centres, materials, mode of payment etc) is on their website. Take care[/quotes]sorry meant pet, Google isn't giving me answers that's y I am asking
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STEKENT: 10:04pm On May 30, 2015
Honestly this is the most educative and informative thread I have seen here.
please house I need your advice and guidance on what to do:
Qualification: B.Sc (Ed) Geography
Experience: 4 years
can I apply for PR under education ? . or What do you advice I should opt for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lighthouse4real: 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=Julietdanny post=34262227][/quote]

Hello. Follow this link to OET: https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7613569981.
I hope it helps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
PET or PTE?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:16pm On May 30, 2015
if its PTE which is Pearson Test of English then go here http://pearsonpte.com/
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 10:42pm On May 30, 2015
shapoh:
lol, thanks bro.....lwkmd ooooo, but NPF can also do it right, just dat u dont like dem.....
. .... I think a certify documents i one that is stamped or those one still to take it to court to certified it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 10:47pm On May 30, 2015
Bryanpro:
. .... I think a certify documents i one that is stamped or those one still to take it to court to certified it
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bryanpro(m): 11:49pm On May 30, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

I meant what the Australia embassy means by a certify copy of the documents
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2015
ur explanation is confusing
Bryanpro:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 11:56pm On May 30, 2015
Bryanpro:
They (AUSTRALIA EMBASSy) wants u to CERTIFY all your documents (specifically photocopies) that u will submit to them.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 12:00am On May 31, 2015
nkechima:
Good day e-family.....I am not really new to d forum, I had issues with my student visa sometime last year and was given a three year ban on any study related program. Now I have manage to convince my husband to apply for PR...... The issue now is DAT I do not understand his qualification..... he did a Diploma and advance diploma program with Obafemi Awolowo Uni, then used his diploma cert to gain admission to Nigerian College of Admin after which he did his youth service.
My question now is
Thanks

Good day please what was d reason for the 3yrs ban
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:39am On May 31, 2015
teeflow09:
Good day please what was d reason for the 3yrs ban
Bogus document........(statement of acct.)

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Julietdanny: 4:26am On May 31, 2015
lighthouse4real:

Hello. Follow this link to OET: https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7613569981.
I hope it helps.
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:43am On May 31, 2015
Ok.

That is cool, go prepare bed for me there, we will liaise when I join you. Are u on PR or a Student? Of Student, which University/College?

gabie002:
Awww jan is is a while from now. I should be there mid july by Gods grace!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jabberjawz: 11:42am On May 31, 2015
STEKENT:
Honestly this is the most educative and informative thread I have seen here.
please house I need your advice and guidance on what to do:
Qualification: B.Sc (Ed) Geography
Experience: 4 years
can I apply for PR under education ? . or What do you advice I should opt for?

what's ur work experience like?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by STEKENT: 1:36pm On May 31, 2015
jabberjawz:

what's ur work experience like?

I work as a teacher teaching in secondary school but private. Thanks for the reply
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:48pm On May 31, 2015
nkechima:
My question now is

Thanks

Advance Diploma in Nigeria will be assessed as equivalent to Advanced Diploma in Australia. Has he checked i his occupation is on the list (SOL/CSOL)? Does he have experience in the said occupation, post graduate? These are things you need to check first.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ninibabe: 3:38pm On May 31, 2015
My peeps I greet you.@ Mrnilobrawn, bossladyMo pls just a quick question,is there any payment made before Vetasses can asses your qualification? Pls I don't mind a brief explanation on this. Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 31, 2015
NNBB2012:

Advance Diploma in Nigeria will be assessed as equivalent to Advanced Diploma in Australia. Has he checked i his occupation is on the list (SOL/CSOL)? Does he have experience in the said occupation, post graduate? These are things you need to check first.
Thanks... His Occupation is on the list (Customer Care Manager) He's presently the Marketing and Distribution Manager of a Chinese company that produces Conduit Pipe but before now his been working as a Logistics Supervisor. All his work experience is post graduate
He used his Diploma Cert not advance Diploma to gain admission into the college. Can't we use the Nigerian College of Admin/Chartered Institute of Admin transcript? (Final Professional Cert). Since we have all his transcript accept that of the Advance Diploma............ The only document we have for the Advance diploma is to whom from Obafemi Awolowo Uni.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jabberjawz: 4:51pm On May 31, 2015
STEKENT:

I work as a teacher teaching in secondary school but private. Thanks for the reply

ok..dat means u have to apply for the pr with ur teaching work experience....u can check d sol or csol list for d body responsible for assessing school teacher's....my hands are a bit tight right now..would av done a lil search on ur behalf...but i trust d capable hands in d house to give some heads up on this...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kobiadi: 4:54pm On May 31, 2015
Hi everyone. Am new in this room.i have a question, i applied for australia student visa(572). On 30th april. I will like to knw how long will it take for your CO to contact u for your HAP ID.i have not been contacted since i lodge.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 31, 2015
NNBB2012:

Thanks... His Occupation is on the list (Customer Care Manager) He's presently the Marketing and Distribution Manager of a Chinese company that produces Conduit Pipe but before now he use to be a Logistics Supervisor. All his work experience is post graduate
He used his Diploma Cert not advance Diploma to gain admission into the college. Can't we use the Nigerian College of Admin/Chartered Institute of Admin transcript? (Final Professional Cert). Since we have all his transcript accept that of the Advance Diploma............ The only document we have for the Advance diploma is to whom from Obafemi Awolowo Uni.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 31, 2015
[quote author=NNBB2012 post=34279976]
Advance Diploma in Nigeria will be assessed as equivalent to Advanced Diploma in Australia. Has he checked i his occupation is on the list (SOL/CSOL)? Does he have experience in the said occupation, post graduate? These are things you need to check first.[/quote
Thanks... His Occupation is on the list (Customer Care Manager) He's presently the Marketing and Distribution Manager of a Chinese company that produces Conduit Pipe but before now he use to be a Logistics Supervisor. All his work experience is post graduate
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 5:37pm On May 31, 2015
nkechima:

Bogus document........(statement of acct.)
Sorry for stressing
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 31, 2015
[quote author=nkechima post=34284545][/quote]
You have to be sure of the qualification that occupation demands. Nothing less instead more.

I don't think they recognize and evaluate diplomas earned outside Australia.

I believe it is a B.Sc or Masters or both or anything that will come off as aussie equivalence.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 31, 2015
teeflow09:

Sorry for stressing u..but just trying to clarify somtin...I actually combined two SO both of wch are genuine nd I had to do som marriage certificate and birth certificate to bake it up... hope dat was not d same reason dey gave (bogus document)
When a document is forged it is bogus! Only in that situation should u worry.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 31, 2015
NNBB2012:

My diploma was assessed as cert IV so I guess a Nigerian advanced diploma would come off as their diploma...and if that matches the educational requirement for that occupation.. be sure not to get any migration points. Only an Australian diploma earns 10 points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2015
Pls brothers, can I use Australian visitors visa to secure admission afterwards apply for student visa there without coming back to Nigeria. if not, what possible measures can I use to ensure I stay in Australia (legally) after d expiration of one's visiting visa? tnx.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:41pm On May 31, 2015
ogompaul:
Pls brothers, can I use Australian visitors visa to secure admission afterwards apply for student visa there without coming back to Nigeria. if not, what possible measures can I use to ensure I stay in Australia (legally) after d expiration of one's visiting visa? tnx.
Read http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/qualifying-visas-for-student-visa-applications-lodged-australia.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 9:17pm On May 31, 2015
ferdimako:

When a document is forged it is bogus! Only in that situation should u worry.
Pls how long did it take dem to reply dat application u are talking about cos mine is 2 months today and I av not heard anyfin yet..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 31, 2015
teeflow09:

Pls how long did it take dem to reply dat application u are talking about cos mine is 2 months today and I av not heard anyfin yet..
No clue...u can call them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.