Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045971 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks a lot bro. I have decided not to goto Oz again. I will remain and do my business. Thanks all the same.

NNBB2012:

Sad to hear about your visa refusal. You could appeal the decision or re-apply with additional documents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kokobi99: 8:24am On Sep 04, 2015
^^^^ If your plan is to go and make money, i will advice you to stay back with your business but if for other purpose you can reapply.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2015
@erictack203,

So sorry about that. You should not give up at all; try as much as possible to reapply and try to provide evidence, especially that financial aspect and provide linkage to the program with what you are doing in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2015
standupguy:

I share your frsutration it gets insulting by the day.
I was sponsored by my blood sibling who is an asistant bank manager who had already sponsered my older brother to canada and another who is a succesrul business owner whom I work with, I initially paid 7000 for my first semester tution but I was refused a Canadian visa for insufficient funds, in my confusion I reapplied again with more documents to prove finance but was refused the second time for insufficient funds and personal assets, then I released they wanted to see my own financial input.
So i applied with me bank accounts, fixed deopists and stock portfolio inclusive.
Unfortunately my school didn't have my program for Sept so i applied to another school for the same program then paid of my tuition of $27500. Only to be refused last month for purpose of visit and length of stay.
People are now telling me the cause was because the program was termed graduate certificate in the initial school i used for application but called fast track advanced diploma in the second school.
So the V.O considered advanced diploma lower than my b.eng. so my application was refused on the bases of academic progression.......imagine that?

Both program had Bsc as there admission requirement and considered a post graduate program on the schools website respectively.
At the moment bringing back my $27500 would see me loose 600,000 is FX.
It is quite insulting, the fund is there, the intention to study is there but people still get refused for flimsy excuses.
This is the first time I am reading about a refusal on this Australia thread. I am about applying to Australia and U.S at the same time so I sincerely hope I am not about to through my money away again.

Oga Eric I understand the quest to secure the future especially for the kids, me never get one sha.
I really don't know what to tell you obviously I am discomobulated myself but e go better.

What's your proposed Australian school of choice? Try Australia bro, you definitely won't regret it. Quality education and captivating atmosphere. You might wanna try ECU or Murdoch? Best of luck man and remember, giving up is a sin.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2015
kokobi99:
^^^^ If your plan is to go and make money, i will advice you to stay back with your business but if for other purpose you can reapply.

Washere. Double thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kubbiebrownie(f): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2015
symbian03:

Well, I got mine the next day and I've heard about people who got theirs in 2-3 days depends.

Took Ielts academic in August L 7.5, S 7, W 6, R 8 overall score 7 had to retake another exam as the accounting body wants 7 in each band.

I took the pte academic on Wednesday and got the result this morning. L 74, W 72, S 68 R 83 . Overall score 74. Pls what are the enabling skills about. ..do I need them?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2015
erictack203:
Thanks a lot bro. I have decided not to goto Oz again. I will remain and do my business. Thanks all the same.

I'm really sorry about your denial bro. But you seem to be all about your business and the money associated with your proposed study etc... Remember, Most Visa Officers aren't just typical officers, they are more like psychologist and could figure out the intention of visa applicants merely by his/her applications. Getting a study visa is NEVER about the heavy balances and several millions, you need to convince them that your actual intention is to further your education. Overall, God's grace. Wishing you best of luck even as you've already given up.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2015
kubbiebrownie:

Took Ielts academic in August L 7.5, S 7, W 6, R 8 overall score 7 had to retake another exam as the accounting body wants 7 in each band.

I took the pte academic on Wednesday and got the result this morning. L 74, W 72, S 68 R 83 . Overall score 74. Pls what are the enabling skills about. ..do I need them?

That was a good test result. Those enabling skills just shows you "or the interested bodies" Where you performed or requires improvement. It's quite different from the communication skill and I doubt if pte sends enabling skills to the interested bodies. Additionally, 74 PTE test score is equivalent to ielts 7.5.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kubbiebrownie(f): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2015
symbian03:

That was a good test result. Those enabling skills just shows you "or the interested bodies" Where you performed or requires improvement. It's quite different from the communication skill and I doubt if pte sends enabling skills to the interested bodies. Additional, 74 PTE test score is equivalent to ielts 7.5.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
kubbiebrownie:

Thanks a lot.
No worries
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by standupguy(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
symbian03:

What's your proposed Australian school of choice? Try Australia bro, you definitely won't regret it. Quality education and captivating atmosphere. You might wanna try ECU or Murdoch? Best of luck man and remember, giving up is a sin.

Brother it was between ECU and Swinburne.
But Tuition on MSc is quite scary.
So I have applied to Swinburne for there 2 yrs advanced diploma which is about 16,000 Aud per annum.

The ECU MSc is about 25,000 per annum plus I read that Perth is a bit expensive.

I don't want to stress myself looking for 25,000 for the second yr if I applied to ECU.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by debris: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
erictack203:
My brother, those ppl thinks they are God and they are not, I will not re-apply to beg them to gimme Visa when I am spending my money. Australian should not pretend they don't need the money. Currently, Australia realize almost 14billion dollars per annum from International Students, that is why the Minister is trying to introduce the new SSVF.

I told my friends and loved ones, that if they don't grant me Visa, I will not beg, I will live my life here and assist ppl on this thread they way I can, like I

said b4, every1 must not goto or enter Australia, some ppl are destined to help others achieve their goals towards a success in their Visas. I think I am such person, I have been refused Visas to Study severally in some Countries, I decided to try Oz, same thing, and yet I have helped over 500ppl to
travel as Students, so u guys should be surprise y mine don't work, my destiny is not in overseas. It's here in 9ja. I dun try reach, make I rest. Yet I always get Visas for Visits and Zero for studies.

Awwwww@eric so sorry about that keep ur head up and try again on the same Australia with every documents u can give to convince them also try to check what might have been the mistakes that lead to the refusal wereby u try for the 3rd time it doesn't happen you give up..

Everything happens for a reason!!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
I applied to Australian Catholic University, Melbourne Campus. I have filed for a refund. I will do a think and maybe apply to another School. 60% of my Work Exp are in Logistics and Travel Services, 50% Educational History is First Aid and Healthcare and 40% of my work exp is Healthcare. I believe the CO tried to Balance the probabilities, though it wasn't Stated. She only stated that she couldn't verify my current employment and was also not Happy that I have BTEC Edexcel in Travel & Tourism Mgt, whereas am going for Nursing. That is y am a little bit confuse and trying to give up, she put me in a tight corner. My problem is whether to apply for Adv Dip in Nursing again (Because my previous Sch is too expensive and I have filed for a refund, Adv Dip in Nursing will be cheaper) or I apply for a Degree in Logistics Mgt. That is what I am currently reviewing with my Migration Lawyers in Australia.

I will like to advice the House: any1 that has been refused and wants to reapply should use a MARA Agent (Registered) they are mostly scared to re-refuse one because the Migration Lawyers knows the Law and SVP has a lot of Visa privileges, they mostly refuses Students Bcus we don't know the Law and cannot argue with them. If you apply tru your Migration Lawyer, every correspondence will be directed to the Lawyer if at all and the CO will be careful doing this. That is y you see most people here gets the SVP grants within 5working days. I wish all of you the best while I try to decide on my next line of action.

Love you all!

symbian03:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks a lot boss, I am trying to think my next line of action.

@All, I want to thank you all for your views, your love, may God grant you all your heart desires.

God bless all in this thread.

RedReact:
@erictack203,

So sorry about that. You should not give up at all; try as much as possible to reapply and try to provide evidence, especially that financial aspect and provide linkage to the program with what you are doing in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by standupguy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
symbian03:
No worries

How do the calculate the tuition on Murdoch?
All this pay course calculation dey confusing
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
erictack203:
That is just the reason, "You Stated that you will be re-hired by your current employer when you return, but no evidence to this and your employment cannot be verified" no 1 was called and I wasn't even called. So my brother, y won't I leave them? She even stated that my Family ties and so on shows that I will return to Nigeria after my studies and but she wasn't sure of this, she was contradicting herself. This is to show that they refuses ppl Visas base on personal reasons. It's so crazy menh.

Oh mehn!! Sorry about the denial bro. I swear I would have guess that the bolded statement was the reason behind the denial if you hadn't stated it here. It just gets really complicated if one is claiming to be re-hired post-study. If one really wants to walk this route, concrete and easily verifiable evidence should be provided. For example, I reviewed a SoP and an employer's letter of a prospective visa applicant. On the SoP, the applicant stated that he will return to search for job post-study while the employer's letter reads that a job position awaits the applicant post-study. A mistake as this one can lead to an application being denied.

Again, sorry to hear about this. Good luck with whatever next step you plan to take.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
@FutureDon.

Thanks a lot for your insight. I think I will apply for an Adv Dip in Nursing and revisit the issue.

Thanks.

FutureDon:

Oh mehn!! Sorry about the denial bro. I swear I would have guess that the bolded statement was the reason behind the denial if you hadn't stated it here. It just gets really complicated if one is claiming to be re-hired post-study. If one really wants to walk this route, concrete and easily verifiable evidence should be provided. For example, I reviewed a SoP and an employer's letter of a prospective visa applicant. On the SoP, the applicant stated that he will return to search for job post-study while the employer's letter reads that a job position awaits the applicant post-study. A mistake as this one can lead to an application being denied.

Again, sorry to hear about this. Good luck with whatever next step you plan to take.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
have u checked unsw...from what I saw a while back helping a friend the Msc is between 30 to may 40k for the whole duration depending on the program. I'm just giving rough estimates I suggest u check it out
standupguy:

Brother it was between ECU and Swinburne.
But Tuition on MSc is quite scary.
So I have applied to Swinburne for there 2 yrs advanced diploma which is about 16,000 Aud per annum.

The ECU MSc is about 25,000 per annum plus I read that Perth is a bit expensive.

I don't want to stress myself looking for 25,000 for the second yr if I applied to ECU.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
@erictack203 really sorry for the refusal but I strongly urge u to reconsider applying again cos u might be making money and have a "good" life here but a better life awaits u n ur family over there with alot more benefits. God guide ur decision though...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by squaddy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
lawland:
Whats up Symbian? I decided to and pay my dues...

Hahahahaha so you sef dey reach here.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
erictack203:
@FutureDon.

Thanks a lot for your insight. I think I will apply for an Adv Dip in Nursing and revisit the issue.

Thanks.

Pls don't do this as you will even get a heavier refusal... You are definitely refused based on GTE... i suggest you study the criteria and you will understand where i am coming from.. Even though your application is SVP, you still have to demonstrate you are a genuine student. Try an appeal instead of re-applying and explain why you choose nursing cos its not related to your degree and also show evidence of your employment and offer of employment upon return and mind you that you can't study nursing in Australia and return home to work in logistics!!! So your job offer should be on the course you want to undertake. ... like i said, you messed your application up..

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ashioba: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Erictack my brother, so sorry about the visa refusal, pls don't give up, remember Abraham Lincon, even our Buhari.TRY AGAIN. God will favour you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
erictack203:
My fellow brothers and sisters in the house, pretoria was happy to reject me Visa today. Reason was that Employer was not verified and that no Letter of Future Employment, subclass-573,(SVP) paid AuS13,700 and has saved about AuS7,450 for complete 1yrs fees. Total: AuS21,000. I added my landed property docs, marriage certificates, house plan, children birth certs, employment histories, first aid certificates, IELTS and PTE blast them over.

So guys tell me, what else does pretoria needs? My MD of my Company was mad at this, they didn't call any1 or even me, he even wanted to use his lawyers to write them, I told him not to bother, every1 must not travel, some are meant to help others to succeed here and do stuffs. Australia should understand that we are not Hungry in Nigeria. I will keep up with my business and clap for people who gets their grants. Happy New Month. smiley

jesus christ how come
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
standupguy:

I share your frsutration it gets insulting by the day.
I was sponsored by my blood sibling who is an asistant bank manager who had already sponsered my older brother to canada and another who is a succesrul business owner whom I work with, I initially paid 7000 for my first semester tution but I was refused a Canadian visa for insufficient funds, in my confusion I reapplied again with more documents to prove finance but was refused the second time for insufficient funds and personal assets, then I released they wanted to see my own financial input.
So i applied with me bank accounts, fixed deopists and stock portfolio inclusive.
Unfortunately my school didn't have my program for Sept so i applied to another school for the same program then paid of my tuition of $27500. Only to be refused last month for purpose of visit and length of stay.
People are now telling me the cause was because the program was termed graduate certificate in the initial school i used for application but called fast track advanced diploma in the second school.
So the V.O considered advanced diploma lower than my b.eng. so my application was refused on the bases of academic progression.......imagine that?

Both program had Bsc as there admission requirement and considered a post graduate program on the schools website respectively.
At the moment bringing back my $27500 would see me loose 600,000 is FX.
It is quite insulting, the fund is there, the intention to study is there but people still get refused for flimsy excuses.
This is the first time I am reading about a refusal on this Australia thread. I am about applying to Australia and U.S at the same time so I sincerely hope I am not about to through my money away again.

Oga Eric I understand the quest to secure the future especially for the kids, me never get one sha.
I really don't know what to tell you obviously I am discomobulated myself but e go better.

they usually refuse pple going for diploma or advanced diploma if u already have bsc. its on the thread frm wayback
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2015
@Chuckdee13.

Thanks a lot bro, I will work on it. Thanks again.

chuckdee13:
@erictack203 really sorry for the refusal but I strongly urge u to reconsider applying again cos u might be making money and have a "good" life here but a better life awaits u n ur family over there with alot more benefits. God guide ur decision though...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2015
@lawland, I think I really messed up bro, my refusal letter has no room for appeal. It stated that there is no right to review. I think the problem is GTE. I am thinking of doing a program here in Nigeria on my current qualification once completed, I will run for Masters on Logistics/Project Mgt in future or apply for PR. My wife also qualifies for PR, as Customer Service Manager, I think we will keep an eye on the SA Occupational list and other list, once it comes up again, we will apply. What do u think?

lawland:
Pls don't do this as you will even get a heavier refusal... You are definitely refused based on GTE... i suggest you study the criteria and you will understand where i am coming from.. Even though your application is SVP, you still have to demonstrate you are a genuine student. Try an appeal instead of re-applying and explain why you choose nursing cos its not related to your degree and also show evidence of your employment and offer of employment upon return and mind you that you can't study nursing in Australia and return home to work in logistics!!! So your job offer should be on the course you want to undertake. ... like i said, you messed your application up..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:39am On Sep 05, 2015
Thanks a lot, I think the problem I had was the course I applied for. I couldn't beat the GTE.

ashioba:
Erictack my brother, so sorry about the visa refusal, pls don't give up, remember Abraham Lincon, even our Buhari.TRY AGAIN. God will favour you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:41am On Sep 05, 2015
Just a thin line to cross, but the CO cut it. I will have to do some courses here and apply again later as well as try PR route for my wife. Their wahala still too much jooor.

mPop:

jesus christ how come
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:35am On Sep 05, 2015
Hello House, I wanna ask how do they access payslips for PR? Is it monthly payments deposited to you Current Account which reflects your net pay? Also, can a work exp count for someone while studying a Bsc program? E.g someone working as an Equipment Hiring Manager, and studying Bsc in Business Admin at the same time, and after graduating with the Course intends to apply for PR immediately after the course for PR accessing as an Equipment Hiring Manager. Pls advice. Does work Exp for PR only counts for your after University Education? What about short qualifications and certification?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 1:41am On Sep 05, 2015
@Lawland and NNBB2012, pls send me an email: erictack2003@gmail.com . I need some assistance from you.

NNBB2012:

Sad to hear about your visa refusal. You could appeal the decision or re-apply with additional documents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 4:25am On Sep 05, 2015
erictack203:
Hello House, I wanna ask how do they access payslips for PR? Is it monthly payments deposited to you Current Account which reflects your net pay? Also, can a work exp count for someone while studying a Bsc program?

Work experience is calculated post-qualification. You can't claim experience for work done while you are studying.

Wages earned are shown using payslip, bank statement and tax documents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 5:19am On Sep 05, 2015
Hi all

I need an experienced advise. My occupation is Geologist which is only available on CSOL. i am very qualified for Victoria and WA 190 visa and also qualified for NSW 489 visa (Orana region to be precise).

489 visa seems like a waste of precious cash compared to 190 visa, because i am going with family.
The major issue is that victoria and WA requires some financial capacity or stuffs like that. Even though their website says "proof of funds/resources is not required but might be requested at any point during the nomination process" have read some forums where people said that Victoria wont require proof of funds. Do you think its advisable to bluff them? how do you think i should proceed, to be sincere i dont a huge bank statement.

The NSW 489 has no financial requirements and it seems very easy to get, but i will confined in dubbo (a town with a population of 40k people) for 2years before PR. i am keen on the PR because i will be going with 2 kids and i have no benefit whatsoever on 489visa, NSW also have the highest tuition fees for primary schools.

If anybody has experience with WA or VIC 190 visa nomination, please kindly advise me and any general observation or advise is highly welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.