Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046007 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:28am On Sep 05, 2015
^^^^ Check if WA has removed the work offer conditions placed on the occupation. If the condition is not there, you are good to go.

The account statement is not a strict condition to get the sponsorship. It is only needed to be sure you can survive on your own for the first six months in case you don't get a job within that period.

Account statement is not what you should be worried about but first meeting other important criteria.

Like you know, 489 is a waste of money especially if you can get the 190.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2015
bellong:

Work experience is calculated post-qualification. You can't claim experience for work done while you are studying.

Wages earned are shown using payslip, bank statement and tax documents.
u can claim work experience but not migration points for job done while studying.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2015
kosplateau:

u can claim work experience but not migration points for job done while studying.

Assessing authorities only deal with post-qualification experience.

What use is the claimed experience without migration point? The essence is to gain migration point.

However, you can explain your point for clarity sake.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2015
@Bellong,

Hope the tax document is personal income tax? And the Bank statement is a current account reflecting your Salaries as they are paid Monthly?

bellong:

Work experience is calculated post-qualification. You can't claim experience for work done while you are studying.

Wages earned are shown using payslip, bank statement and tax documents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2015
^^^^ Affirmative.

The bank statement is just to proof that you are in a paid employment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:41am On Sep 05, 2015
Ok Boss. I will have to patiently prepare myself toward PR Assessment. Student Visa wahala don tire me.

bellong:
^^^^ Affirmative.

The bank statement is just to proof that you are in a paid employment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Good day Friends,my ielts result has been out for almost 2 months now,just wondering if i will be penalized when i eventually get to pick it up at d british council?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
bellong:
^^^^ Check if WA has removed the work offer conditions placed on the occupation. If the condition is not there, you are good to go.

The account statement is not a strict condition to get the sponsorship. It is only needed to be sure you can survive on your own for the first six months in case you don't get a job within that period.

Account statement is not what you should be worried about but first meeting other important criteria.

Like you know, 489 is a waste of money especially if you can get the 190.

they do not need work offer from me. they only need that from people living in another OZ state. do you suggest i proceed even though i dont have the financial stuff to show. though have heard the end up not asking for it. i just want to be on the safe side here.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
bellong:

Assessing authorities only deal with post-qualification experience.

What use is the claimed experience without migration point? The essence is to gain migration point.

However, you can explain your point for clarity sake.

Thanks
It is not true....not everyone needs migration points from work experience esp those who studied while working. I know accounting bodies and ACS that assess u without postgra experience.

Some people do not even need migration points from English test. However, some states and regions insist on postgra exp.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
@eric, so mind dey PR after all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Graham355: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bosses I hail oh. Please if I have just the first year tuition and living cost for a two year program, what are my chances of raising the balance before the second year?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
mjlbabajide:

they do not need work offer from me. they only need that from people living in another OZ state. do you suggest i proceed even though i dont have the financial stuff to show. though have heard the end up not asking for it. i just want to be on the safe side here.

WA is your best bet. Yes, you can proceed.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 12:41am On Sep 06, 2015
bellong:

WA is your best bet. Yes, you can proceed.

Hey Bellong

Just checked again, and i found out that geology is on WAMSOL schdule 2. apparently all occupation on schdule 2 needs a work contract to qualify for 190 WA Visa.

So i may have to look towards Victoria, they do not require an employment contract. They also seem not too keen on that financial requirement thing even though they mentioned it on their website.

i really appreciate anybody with first hand experience with VIC 190 nomination.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:11am On Sep 06, 2015
^^^ Have you done your skill assessment?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 2:20am On Sep 06, 2015
bellong:
^^^ Have you done your skill assessment?

Still expecting my result from vetassess. its been couple of weeks out now. staying on the positive side though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 5:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Yes ooo my man, na PR me and my wife go pursue now, the Student Visa thing, Pretoria is now careless with their decisions, SVP ko SVP ni.

I quote them " Your Application will be processed under the Streamlined Visa Processing, this mean you will have reduced evidently documents and Immigration risks irrespective of your Country of Passport".

I will sadly tell you guys that this people don't access us under any SVP, na AL3 them de access us. They will also add grammer that giving the non business relationship with your country and australia, wetin concern student with the two countries bilateral agreement? Nor be School we wan go?

kosplateau:
@eric, so mind dey PR after all.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2015
erictack203:
Yes ooo my man, na PR me and my wife go pursue now, the Student Visa thing, Pretoria is now careless with their decisions, SVP ko SVP ni.

I quote them " Your Application will be processed under the Streamlined Visa Processing, this mean you will have reduced evidently documents and Immigration risks irrespective of your Country of Passport".

I will sadly tell you guys that this people don't access us under any SVP, na AL3 them de access us. They will also add grammer that giving the non business relationship with your country and australia, wetin concern student with the two countries bilateral agreement? Nor be School we wan go?

Now u are talking...we can now disregard those rants of u wanna come back and continue ya bizness. ha!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2015
erictack203:
My fellow brothers and sisters in the house, pretoria was happy to reject me Visa today. Reason was that Employer was not verified and that no Letter of Future Employment, subclass-573,(SVP) paid AuS13,700 and has saved about AuS7,450 for complete 1yrs fees. Total: AuS21,000. I added my landed property docs, marriage certificates, house plan, children birth certs, employment histories, first aid certificates, IELTS and PTE blast them over.

So guys tell me, what else does pretoria needs? My MD of my Company was mad at this, they didn't call any1 or even me, he even wanted to use his lawyers to write them, I told him not to bother, every1 must not travel, some are meant to help others to succeed here and do stuffs. Australia should understand that we are not Hungry in Nigeria. I will keep up with my business and clap for people who gets their grants. Happy New Month. smiley

Sorry to hear this. Visa application to any country in the world demands proper planning and thinking on ones feet. If the coy u work for is not online, then that is a major problem, because they just Google d company's name if no website was provided. And if not satisfied, will put a call through or email. But when they can't accomplish the first verification step, its a straight NO. Vetassess uses this template, but tend to carry on with the 2nd step I mentioned above with Asian applicants.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by izykvision0: 10:38am On Sep 06, 2015
mjlbabajide:

Hey Bellong

Just checked again, and i found out that geology is on WAMSOL schdule 2. apparently all occupation on schdule 2 needs a work contract to qualify for 190 WA Visa.

So i may have to look towards Victoria, they do not require an employment contract. They also seem not too keen on that financial requirement thing even though they mentioned it on their website.

i really appreciate anybody with first hand experience with VIC 190 nomination.

They don't need any proof, even you acct officer's name ain't required. You need to check seek.com.au and see availability of ur work. Check reeds and hays quarterly skill in demand report or any other professional recruiter that covers geology. It is vital ur occupation or closely related job role is stated in demand in that report for your likely arrival time. Quote this and job availability as advertised in your very strong commitment letter. This is your weapon for Victoria. I used 3weeks to write mine- A 7page letter of intent and why I chose Victoria. I did loads of research for this. Victoria is VERY choosy, so BE PREPARED.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mozo: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2015
mjlbabajide:

Still expecting my result from vetassess. its been couple of weeks out now. staying on the positive side though.

Fastest processing time I have heard from someone regarding Vetassess is 6 weeks, even tho most people fall within the 12 week period.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmm, I think that is where I had a problem, the website thing. I have planned PR route.

Thanks a lot for ur insight.

izykvision0:

Sorry to hear this. Visa application to any country in the world demands proper planning and thinking on ones feet. If the coy u work for is not online, then that is a major problem, because they just Google d company's name if no website was provided. And if not satisfied, will put a call through or email. But when they can't accomplish the first verification step, its a straight NO. Vetassess uses this template, but tend to carry on with the 2nd step I mentioned above with Asian applicants.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes ooo my bro, PR en-route. smiley

kosplateau:

Now u are talking...we can now disregard those rants of u wanna come back and continue ya bizness. ha!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lattychem: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Kudos to everybody in this group. I have been following this group since June but I have little problems. Now I have decided that I want to do my master (IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING) in Australia but during my research I find out that most of the schools are like Aus$ 35k above. please, if there is any nairalander in university of new south wale ,university of Queensland or Adelaide who can guide me or knows about any university that offers master in chemical engineering with Aus$ 25000 downwards I will appreciate any information
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by raph4: 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
kubbiebrownie:

Took Ielts academic in August L 7.5, S 7, W 6, R 8 overall score 7 had to retake another exam as the accounting body wants 7 in each band.

I took the pte academic on Wednesday and got the result this morning. L 74, W 72, S 68 R 83 . Overall score 74. Pls what are the enabling skills about. ..do I need them?

Congrats bruv... but how did u practice for the pte exams... do u have materials u can help me with pls... kindly send to my inbox..... raphaelnkemdilim@yahoo.co.uk.

tnks in advance.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lumzy1(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hello mozo and mjlbabajide,

Im also a Geologist awaiting the result of my assessment from VETASSESS, im hoping to get a positive result. my question is what are the things to get ready / documentation i can prepare for pending the time the result get out.

mozo:

Fastest processing time I have heard from someone regarding Vetassess is 6 weeks, even tho most people fall within the 12 week period.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
lumzy1:
Hello mozo and mjlbabajide,

Im also a Geologist awaiting the result of my assessment from VETASSESS, im hoping to get a positive result. my question is what are the things to get ready / documentation i can prepare for pending the time the result get out.

Nice to hear a fellow geologist is in the house. Are you also interested in the VIC 190 Nomination or NSW 489 Orana region nomination.

Are going alone or with family? well i hope u've done PTE or ielts already
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lumzy1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
Yes im interested in VIC 190. I also qualify for VIC 189 from my calculation (im not sure how easy it is to get that). Based on my research Tasmania and Western Australia have geologist on their list, what do you think abt these regions. Im single and I have done IELTS, i score the required band score of 7 through out.
What is the next step while awaiting the assessment result?

mjlbabajide:

Nice to hear a fellow geologist is in the house. Are you also interested in the VIC 190 Nomination or NSW 489 Orana region nomination.

Are going alone or with family? well i hope u've done PTE or ielts already
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kubbiebrownie(f): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=raph4 post=37747380]

Congrats bruv... but how did u practice for the pte exams... do u have materials u can help me with pls... kindly send to my inbox..... raphaelnkemdilim@yahoo.co.uk.

tnks in advance.[/quote
I am sis not bruv ooo.lol got some materials on the Internet. I jst googled pte academic and read d few materials I found. I didn't see much of pte practice questions, i guess they want pple to buy their practice materials.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
lumzy1:
Yes im interested in VIC 190. I also qualify for VIC 189 from my calculation (im not sure how easy it is to get that). Based on my research Tasmania and Western Australia have geologist on their list, what do you think abt these regions. Im single and I have done IELTS, i score the required band score of 7 through out.
What is the next step while awaiting the assessment result?

From my checks geology is not on SOL, therefore we are not qualified for 189. i stand to be corrected though. only WA and VIC has geology on 190 and 489 while NSW has it only on 489. Tas generally require proof of funds and WA require employment contract for all WAMSOL schedule 2 jobs under which a geologist is categorized. So we are left with VIC 190 n NSW 489. from previous advise lets do the VIC 190.

Well the thing is to chill for Vetassess, the regional bodies are majorly concerned about positive assessment n good Ielts score as far as i know.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by piusford: 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=kubbiebrownie post=37769779][/quote]
With regards to your former question, you don't need the enabling skills result. They are there to tell you were you are lacking. Congrats. What profession are you going for?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kubbiebrownie(f): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello pple, for statutory evidence of change of name please which documents am I to submit asides marriage certificate. I have newspaper publication -is that ok ? Someone told me to do an affidavit of change of name...what exactly do I need pls...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
kubbiebrownie:
Hello pple, for statutory evidence of change of name please which documents am I to submit asides marriage certificate. I have newspaper publication -is that ok ? Someone told me to do an affidavit of change of name...what exactly do I need pls...
All of the above. ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.