Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049820 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
My God has remembered me.......I got my 573 grant this morning.

Edith Cowan university here I come

Visa documentss submitted in tls Lagos on 15th June, lodged to Pretoria on 17th June and grant received on 12th July

I forgot to include my HAP ID at the time of submission........but the advise I got from this thread to just lay low helped.......All I did was just to send a mail. Thank to u Bellong for ur words.........cottyekudayo, donteestar.....I appreciate you all.

God will remember all you grant hopefuls in Jesus name, Amen.

If you are in Perth, please help a brother on info on accommodation, arrival plans and the likes....I look forward to hearing from you guys......Thanks and God bless.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
nwankz:

Visa documentss submitted in tls Lagos on 15th June, lodged to Pretoria on 17th June and grant received on 12th July

I forgot to include my HAP ID at the time of submission........but the advise I got from this thread to just lay low helped.......All I did was just to send a mail. Thank to u Bellong for ur words.........cottyekudayo, donteestar.....I appreciate you all.

If you are in Perth, please help a brother on info on accommodation, arrival plans and the likes....I look forward to hearing from you guys......Thanks and God bless.

Congrats kja n nwanks, d wait is killing ohhh i must say. I have faith for this week too.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dontee5star(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
nwankz:

Congrats my nigga ! See you soon bro

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Raymondeji:

Ok bro. So what's your plan concerning the new visa requirements. I don't seem to know much about it. You can send me a mail oladejiray@gmail.com

The new SSVF did not really elaborate on eligible sponsors and that's where i don't understand.
I am no be sponsored by an older sibling but the financial requirement and evidence section isn't clear about eligible sponsors and financial requirement.

For instance,

Twelve months' funds option
Evidence of funds can include money deposits, financial institution or government loans, scholarships or sponsorship's.
Which Sponsorships? By Whom? Who is Eligible to Sponsor under this criteria?

Annual income option

The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement.

Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments. Evidence in the form of bank statements or information directly from an employer is not acceptable.

I just don't understand and i dont want to assume anything, man for just try escape this new policy.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
POTUSUK:

sent you a PM via email. Please respond. Im also interested in joining the MLS group. Thanks

I replied you..Are you a MLS??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Moseed: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
nwankz:

Really happy for you bro! congratulations!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
GOODLUCK

abbyjo:

Thank u stanley n cremeuc.
We applied 21st june in lagos. Still waiting
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
CONGRATS NWANKS. God is great

nwankz:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Egbabiekperemo: 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
cremeuc:
When it got to Pretoria

Please respond to my p.m
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello guys. I dont know if i still have a chance.

I am to resume on the 17th of july and am yet to get my oshc.

I paid 11,000 AUD thinking that was enough to get my OSHC but i was asked to pay another 2500AUD inorder to get dual OSHC.

I got another form A but i just got a debit alert. The school said final date of arrival is 1st August.

At this point i havent gotten my OSHC as the telex copy of the second part of my payment hasnt arrived.

Can i still proceed with VISA application even if am very late or defer my admission till November.

Sincerely, i would have loved to go ahead with visa application but am doubting if i still have a chance to meet up the August 1st arrival deadline

for JULY INTAKE. I just want to secure the visa afterwards i can even wait till next intake. This thing has really stressed me.

kindly advice me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Am glad so many people are coming to Sydney
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Stanleyelege:

I paid 11,000 AUD thinking that was enough to get my OSHC but i was asked to pay another 2500AUD inorder to get dual OSHC.

I got another form A but i just got a debit alert. The school said final date of arrival is 1st August.

At this point i havent gotten my OSHC as the telex copy of the second part of my payment hasnt arrived.

Can i still proceed with VISA application even if am very late or defer my admission till November.

Sincerely, i would have loved to go ahead with visa application but am doubting if i still have a chance to meet up the August 1st arrival deadline

for JULY INTAKE. I just want to secure the visa afterwards i can even wait till netx intake.

kindly advice me.

Bro I think you already have the answer to your question.
There is very little infact 15% chance that you can meet up with July in take.
Best move for the next intake for continence sake.
Meanwhile if I may ask how much did they debt you with the form A,and which bank?

Which school are you applying to?

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Observant:

Bro I think you already have the answer to your question.
There is very little infact 15% chance that you can meet up with July in take.
Best move for the next intake for continence sake.
Meanwhile if I may ask how much did they debt you with the form A,and which bank?

Which school are you applying to?

Thanks.

I used diamond bank
283/ 1$

Charles sturt univ Melbourne.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
anyone applied for the new ssvp?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
kdj02:
Alhamdullilah!Visa grant received today me and my family,submitted on the 8th of June at TLS Abuja.

keep them coming. goodnews will flow before and on 15th.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BigZCassino: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
@steamaje, is the australia embassy no longer accepting SOA
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Stanleyelege:

Thanks.

I used diamond bank
283/ 1$

Charles sturt univ Melbourne.

USD or AUD?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bykeman01(m): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
please can anyone throw more light on the TAFE program mes...Can a bachelor's degree holder apply for it?. please what are the requirements, also can you work while undergoing the training. please is there possibly of getting a PR via dis type of visa.. Any suggestion on the area of the TAFE programmes that is in high demand in Australia will be appreciated. Will be waiting for ur candid responses.Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossmiga: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Please has anyone been able to apply to university of wollongong without an agent?
Because I tried but they said they will refer me to an agent and I haven't got a call till now.
Thanks

I tried but it didn't work. You cannot apply to university of Wollongong on your own because when you try to put in your details on a form in their website you will have to wait a number of days to get a reply possibly referring you to their UOW representative. Your best bet is to get an agent to assist you fast track the application process...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
FutureDon:

Really bro? It's PhD for God's sake.

PhD is a full time job on it's own and that's why some assessing bodies take years of PhD study as years of work experience. Believe me, the unlimited work hours for PhD students is practically useless. They know we will never have that luxury of time to maximize those hours. Almost all, if not all international PhD students in Australia are genuinely here to study. PhD is not something you can have "one leg in, one leg out", you need to have "both legs in" it. Going with the former may lead such student to being kicked out of their program or asked to transfer to MPhil.

Life as a PhD student is hard, not only in Australia but in all advanced countries where kick a s s research is valued. POTUSUK, let me know if you have specific questions that you would like me to answer. Feeling kinda lazy now.
What Uni and topic are you researching on?
Do you meet with your supervisor each day? Can you work day time and do your research at night or vice versa? People study for first degree where they have lectures almost everyday, individual cum group assignments and yet still squeeze out time to work.
No sector of study is easy you just have to squeeze out time and set your priorities straight.

If your supervisor is understanding, you can always communicate over the phone, email and then meet onces or twice a forthnight.

Read this url and have a rough idea what to expect and if you can be able to push yourself more. It's never easy but with hardwork and persistence you will come out tops.

http://academia.stackexchange.com/questions/64667/can-an-international-phd-student-in-australia-make-a-living-with-an-apa-scholars

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BigZCassino: 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Anybody goin to perth by october?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnHadey: 3:54am On Jul 13, 2016
Stanleyelege:

for JULY INTAKE. I just want to secure the visa afterwards i can even wait till next intake. This thing has really stressed me.

kindly advice me.

I feel its better you differ ur admission to the next semester but continue ur processing i.e wait for ur oshc payment to go through and as soon as you have all the necessary docs for application, apply for ur visa early enough. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnHadey: 4:38am On Jul 13, 2016
bykeman01:
please can anyone throw more light on the TAFE program
mes...Can a bachelor's degree holder apply for it?. please what are the requirements, also can you work while undergoing the training. please is there possibly of getting a PR via dis type of visa.. Any suggestion on the area of the TAFE programmes that is in high demand in Australia will be appreciated. Will be waiting for ur candid responses.Thanks
.you know Tafe is like Vocational studies where u get diploma and advanced diploma certs? Which is way lesser than a Bachelor’s degree....u need to be able to convince the case officer why u would be applying for a lesser qualification...yes u can work for a certain amount of time while studying...Tafe cannot qualify u for P.R, it can only support ur Bsc/higher qualifications if in related or the same field.. .
Use the document check on this link to know the documents u will be submitting.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 4:52am On Jul 13, 2016
ada4all:

Yes....i studied Estate Management for BSc and Valuation is the core courses in the program.
Pm
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 5:14am On Jul 13, 2016
kennsville:
i think theyve started using english test.

Yeah they've started using English test
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Observant: 6:15am On Jul 13, 2016
Why is no one talking about this sponsorship and finance ishh.

I am waiting for my admission but I would like understand this financial is. Has anyone applied under this new ssvf?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by BJOO(m): 6:47am On Jul 13, 2016
Good day Good people.....To visa gurus in the house please I need a fast response to this question;Am schedule for a job interview in australia by september please guru's what kind of visa will I apply for and how will go about it??thanks in antiscipation..i don't want to consult agent coz of cash...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2016
Good day all,
Please my friend intends to.carry 4500-5k dollars to australia. So I want to know if he will encounter problems from immigration. He has d 4500 dollars already and dats all he has
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2016
WestAfrican:

What Uni and topic are you researching on?
Do you meet with your supervisor each day? Can you work day time and do your research at night or vice versa? People study for first degree where they have lectures almost everyday, individual cum group assignments and yet still squeeze out time to work.
No sector of study is easy you just have to squeeze out time and set your priorities straight.

If your supervisor is understanding, you can always communicate over the phone, email and then meet onces or twice a forthnight.

Permit me to contribute a little. As FutureDon said, PhD is a very tough work on its own. Although, some programs may give allowance for work, but I doubt STEM programs will do. The first year is pure coursework, from where one would put all efforts to prove oneself. Having done that, move over to big work of the program itself, with papers waiting to be published, conferences to be attended, thesis to ve written, lab works to done, and if God wan catch person, make him supervisor be Chinese; believe me, the student will a abandon work idea totally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.