Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046496 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by KomonSense: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
akinnawou:
good day all,i have been following this thread quietly for a while now, and have seen the useful n invaluable advice being given by the members of this thread.i would like to go straight to my point and questions.
i intend migrating to aussie through the migration skillled assessmemt.i sat for my IELTS exam this month for the general test,and my result just came in.
Listening 7.0
Reading 7.5
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6.5

i would like to direct my questions directly to NNBB2012,Crestline, Manmeta and whoever feels s/he cn b of help.reason been that those three i mentioned were assessd by Engineers Australia (EA) and are telecoms engineer if am right.
i would want a thorough guideline on how to proceed with submitting my application to EA,completing the CDR,the three career episodes and all.am already gathering my documents, i have my transcript ready,IELTS,BSC certificate..
please i need ur assistance so i cn lodge this application in earnest..feel free to contact via emailss too shld d need arises
my mail addy:anu_akin@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

@akinnawou pls I would like to know how registered for your IELTS

Secondly, would like to direct my questions directly to
NNBB2012,Crestline, Manmeta , bossladymo1
Please I am a newbie here and I would like to know how I can get the cheapest University in Australia
I am a graduate of Chem Engineering with a 2:1 result but I want to do my masters in sustainable & Renewable energy engineering.

Please help me...Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
KomonSense:

Please I am a newbie here and I would like to know how I can get the cheapest University in Australia
I am a graduate of Chem Engineering with a 2:1 result but I want to do my masters in sustainable & Renewable energy engineering.

Please help me...Thanks

If studying is your interest, Australia is not a country to study renewable energy. France, Germany, Turkey, USA, Iceland, New Zealand are some of the countries to study renewable energy.

The government of the day does not fund nor support renewable energy.

If it is relocation you seek, you can get a PR, chemical engineering is on the Skilled list.

Don't ask question how to go about it, read the thread, there is a link to the PR thread two pages before this.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
morl:
thanks for the response ..
now I have the bank draft at hand already..
so I have to travel down to the office ...
Send to BC office in Lagos by using NIPOST or DHL but Nipost is cheaper while DHL is faster. I used Nipost and it took 3days from osun to lagos
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
KomonSense:

Please help me...Thanks
My post on how to register for IELTS about 10months ago

This tutorial is for peaople that want to register for IELTS exam outside Lagos(ife,ekiti,ilorin,osogbo,offa,ibadan,benin,etc.) dnt get it trwisted what am saying is that if you are not living in lagos where BC office is located and you want to write d exam outside lagos this little piece is for you(how to register and pay for the exam)

1.Go to https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria
find the suitable and available date,city and the module you want to write and then Apply
when u want to apply please be careful to read it over again like 4times esp ur fone no,email,passport no,address,ur name same as the passport name.

2.PAYMENT
In my own case i went for the offline but if u having been using ur debit card(mastercard,visacard,verse) for transantion online u can go for online but if u having difficulties with the online d other payment mode is offline(bank draft).
check ur email, you will be sent a mail about your registration (reference no will be sent to you) copy d no nd also STAR d mail for easy location. now payment....
How to get a bank draft is going to any NATIONWIDE banks(gtb,diamond,wema,first,zenith,etc)PLEASE DONT USE MICROFINANCE BANK OO
go to d bank draft section of d bank tell d cashier you need a bank draft infavour of british council.It is now #52000 may sure u have lyk 53000 naira in your acct for there own charges in my own case gtb charged me #500 pèré making 52500 but u knw bank differs

3.SENDING
This stage is how to send ur draft to Britich Council.
Go to any NIPOST office wth EMS sign post (ems is lyk nipost dhl,ups) make sure u ve ur international Passport photocopy with u make sure d passport is clear and also d name .At d post office tell dem u want to send a register letter to 20,Thompson Avenue,Ikoyi,lagos ( u will see the address when you log in with ur email nd d reference no)in my own case frm OAU CAMPUS TO IKOYI cost me #1575 just me dem #1600 bcuz dey cant ve change u knw naija now In d evelope make sure u put ur draft and d photocopy seal it nd make sure u pray inside u dat dis tin get there fast and save hahaha dnt worry joor registered mail is save.The post men will guide u how to address please ask them ooo 53k no be small money o.This will take dem 2 to 4dayz in my own case i sent on tuesday and i saw my confiramation mail on Monday (datz 3dayz) as per monday to friday working dayz .May sure u chck ur mail often ooo esp d SPAM section becuz i was nt sent any sms but my friend was sent so ur mail is very important

AFTER CONFIRAMATION THE NEXT STAGE IS PREPARTION WHICH I WILL TALK ABOUT LATER BUT LET ME GIVE U DIS TIPS
YOUTUBE TIBUDY IELTSBUDDY GOODLUCKIELTS DCIELTS ACEIELTS IELTS-MENTOR IELTSESSENTIAL IPASSIELTS TESTBIG ALL IN .COM AND ALSO DONT FORGET TO CHCK DOS LINK SOME PPLE DROPPED THEY ARE ALL HELPFUL
I WILL POST SOME PICTURES FOR PPLE TO SEE HOW SOME OF DIS TINS LUK LIKE
BYE FOR NOW.DNT MIND MY TYPO ERRORS OO

SHOLZ

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by occie3: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2016
morl:
thanks for the response ..
now I have the bank draft at hand already..
so I have to travel down to the office ...

Right now I'll advice you register again because the weekend is at hand.

Usually as soon as registration done you are given 5 business days to pay out of which evidence of payment should have reached the office.

Since you have your draft already, go to the nearest post office and send via Nipost EMS not regular mail (ems delivers mails by flights all across nigeria inter states and you can track your parcel) addressing it to the given address in the mail you received from ielts BC.

I hope this helps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PurpleG(f): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2016
AlvinKem:
Been a while I updated here, it's due to the busy schedule and surviving here, from time to time I'll always drop by to contribute best way I can. Cheers!.
Hi AlvinKem, I sent you a pm. Please reply.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Please which is the best course to study for someone with Bsc economics and also have PR plans.is it better to go for masters in professional accounting, international business or which other course is in high demand over there.pls gurus in the house your advice is kindly needed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ilias2:
Am looking at getting sponsored by my brother. He has a dedicated account which he is used to process his canada skil set programme at least in a tune of 6 to 8 million.....so incase the case officer asked .. for a 16k aud course plus the feeding and accommodation in perth.... also my brother account is a joint account with that of his wife and he has the same name as my father and also his wife has the same name as that of my mother...so can i improvise that he is my parent or it good to come strt. .....@ west Africa

The truth is you dont need to submit soa if you are applying for undergraduate or masters programs. If you submit and ur case officer notices your account is insufficient that could delay or get your visa denied. Just wait and see if you wiĺ be asked for one and submit what you have as long as you have enough money in it and the money was is not deposited in lump-sum.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
Emmex0804:

@ WestAfrican

I really appreciate your urgent response. My discipline is Estate Mgt(Valuer) HND, but my working experience is quite diff from my discipline.
kindly advise me the way forward.

Have you checked to see if your working experience is on the sol list and if yes, do you have the required years of work experience?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 12:41am On Oct 14, 2016
Thanks.... i wont then...good bless.

quote author=WestAfrican post=50169927]
The truth is you dont need to submit soa if you are applying for undergraduate or masters programs. If you submit and ur case officer notices your account is insufficient that could delay or get your visa denied. Just wait and see if you wiĺ be asked for one and submit what you have as long as you have enough money in it and the money was is not deposited in lump-sum.[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 3:13am On Oct 14, 2016
Any artist or designer in the house? I bought this Yiynova Pen Digitizer Tablet Monitor, the highest range in Yiynova brand. Just used it twice for a book project and looking at selling it now. Works like a dream. Easy to set up and use. Looking at buying a Surface Pro4.

Aus $1400 but will negotiate for a good price. Shipping on me.

Again if there is any Mechanic in the house, I am willing to invest in you or we can work together.
Forget university and learn an trade. Na money we dey find jare.

Tafe is sufficient for OYIBO. Tradesmen make the money unless you are a Doctor or studied Medicine

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2016
kingso4love:
Hi guys,
i just got my offer at University of western Australia UWA, so i wanted to pay my tuition fee deposit, please whats the easy method of paying that, i heard the bank 'form A' usually give normal CBN rate, but the bad news is the 'form A' is no longer working or it takes a lot of months before its been aproved...please someone should help me, im really confused;

1. which of the banks does "form A' very fast enough and how long does it take?
2 what other means can i pay the fees that is cost effective?

please any one that have done such transaction recently should help me..and also please the gurus in the house i need your directions too.

thank your for ur urgent reply....

Try Eco bank, the have it fastest and cheaper in dia charges.

Plus family and friends abroad could help u transfer den u pay a more flexible amount into dia naira account or maybe Yahoo boys with dom account. Last is not advisable though incase of track
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2016
Honesty is the best policy as they say, I drovr almost an hr to pick you up at airport knowing fully well you have other plan in mind, the feelings of thinking that a bro is waiting for you at the airport made me drove recklessly not minding the red light just because I want to pick u up ASAP. Searching and looking everywhere made me look so worried, from domestic to international terminal Hoping nothing bad has happened to you, you still acknowledge my msg as at the time I told you am on my way to airport, all u could was to tell me you are already in a friends place. I felt so stup$d, I wish you success here in brissy just that you might have block some help to other future Nigerians. "JimsSG"

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2016
WestAfrican:
Any artist or designer in the house? I bought this Yiynova Pen Digitizer Tablet Monitor, the highest range in Yiynova brand. Just used it twice for a book project and looking at selling it now. Works like a dream. Easy to set up and use. Looking at buying a Surface Pro4.

Aus $1400 but will negotiate for a good price. Shipping on me.

Again if there is any Mechanic in the house, I am willing to invest in you or we can work together.
Forget university and learn an trade. Na money we dey find jare.

Tafe is sufficient for OYIBO. Tradesmen make the money unless you are a Doctor or studied Medicine

Lwkmd, make I go learn mechanic be dat na lol.

How u brotherly?

See, I got an offer at northed college south Victoria to study horticulture.

Visa checklist was sent to me and the thing weak me.

My brother is a business man and I just told him I need him as a sponsor. I pray he has up to 11 million inflow and outflow in his account.
The case of landed property, is it a necessary requirement? Or is the soa enough for a sponsor enough?

Then dis medical cover, how do I get it? Is any national hospital enough or how do I go about it?

The police report, can I get it here in warri or is it a must it must come from headquarters of lagos or abj?

What's else, ehen.
The tax clearance receipt, is it necessary too?

And finally, how long dose it take for visa application to be granted?

My school resumes feb2, if visa is granted Nov, will I be allowed to travel by then make I go hustle first?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman1(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2016
laminaria:
Honesty is the best policy as they say, I drovr almost an hr to pick you up at airport knowing fully well you have other plan in mind, the feelings of thinking that a bro is waiting for you at the airport made me drove recklessly not minding the red light just because I want to pick u up ASAP. Searching and looking everywhere made me look so worried, from domestic to international terminal Hoping nothing bad has happened to you, you still acknowledge my msg as at the time I told you am on my way to airport, all u could was to tell me you are already in a friends place. I felt so stup$d, I wish you success here in brissy just that you might have block some help to other future Nigerians. "JimsSG"

Not really a cool treatment. I guess it's an excitement of coming new in town. Please forgive a brother.

Abeg make e no block way for another person, u sabi say our life style if different with ur adjusted one dia. A friend once called me, I saw his missed call but the phobia of making international call and airtime going off, I couldn't call back. He swore never to call me again. Now, na me dey do the calling and it's almost cheap sef but yet telling one me.

Please forgive and still be the good person u re.

Thanks for ur support.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 14, 2016
laminaria:
this is quite regrettable ...I can imagine the feeling...so sorry bro..don't allow the stupidity of one change your goodwill...

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2016
@ laminaria

Imagine!! Na wah for some people sha. I would be really mad if it was me. Some folks just don't worth the stress. Anyways, abeg no let that experience stop you from helping those you can conveniently help.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 8:37am On Oct 14, 2016
@ laminaria, I say sorry. not because of anything but so U know that what u went through for a bro is for God, the bro won't be the one to pay U but God through another stranger. keep up the good work.. . am impressed we care for each other.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by occie3: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2016
deleted post
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Lwkmd, make I go learn mechanic be dat na lol.
Learn mechanic, carpentry, electrician, plumber na there money dey. Them even dey sol list.

How u brotherly?

See, I got an offer at northed college south Victoria to study horticulture.

Visa checklist was sent to me and the thing weak me.

My brother is a business man and I just told him I need him as a sponsor. I pray he has up to 11 million inflow and outflow in his account.
The case of landed property, is it a necessary requirement? Or is the soa enough for a sponsor enough?

He can include other landed property he has. If his business is related to what you are studying he can state in his sponsorship letter that you will be working with him.

Then dis medical cover, how do I get it? Is any national hospital enough or how do I go about it?

They have specific hospitals you have to visit. You also need to create a HAP ID online before going for medicals thats if you choose to submit before your case officer ask you to go for one.

The police report, can I get it here in warri or is it a must it must come from headquarters of lagos or abj?

As I understand, ALAGBON Lagos is the place to go. You may want to ask around.

What's else, ehen.
The tax clearance receipt, is it necessary too?

Tax clearance receipt for who? I don't think its necessary. Just add your brothers international biodate page / birth certificate to show your relationship. Make sure they are certified.

And finally, how long dose it take for visa application to be granted?

For assessment level 3 it could take upto 3month. Endeavour to submit 3month before your travel date.

My school resumes feb2, if visa is granted Nov, will I be allowed to travel by then make I go hustle first?

Yes you can travel by November but you are not allowed to work until you have resume studies. Some people dey work sha but its risky.

No worries

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by niyogeol(m): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hello guys, I have B.Sc in Geology and I intend studying M.Sc Petroleum Geoscience in Australia, February 2017 entry. The school I have in mind offers the course for a year. Admission not yet secured. I have scholarship that will settle tuition. What are the chances of securing PR after studies?

Because I can't find the course on the SOL list. I need the inputs of gurus in the house as regards this.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JimsSG(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
laminaria:

I'm sorry it's not anything you think while I was waiting the other person I texted with the airport wifi I was around as soon as I arrived was there not too long after so I left & I wanted to text you but it's Nigerian line I had & airport wifi went off immediately I walked out the airport & it was late I couldn't get any sim at the airport cause I wanted to call you back immediately anyway I'm so sorry for the inconvenience I caused you pls unblock me
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JimsSG(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Not really a cool treatment. I guess it's an excitement of coming new in town. Please forgive a brother.

Abeg make e no block way for another person, u sabi say our life style if different with ur adjusted one dia. A friend once called me, I saw his missed call but the phobia of making international call and airtime going off, I couldn't call back. He swore never to call me again. Now, na me dey do the calling and it's almost cheap sef but yet telling one me.

Please forgive and still be the good person u re.

Thanks for ur support.

I'm sorry for my behavior & deeply sorry for any inconvenience I caused bro tola, e ma binu
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JimsSG(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
@laminaria bro tola I'm sorry again this is a personal apology to you, forgive me please I don't want to be making enemies out here I'm sorry
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Emmex0804(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
WestAfrican:

Have you checked to see if your working experience is on the sol list and if yes, do you have the required years of work experience?

Thanks once again WestAfrican, my work experience is not on the SOL list but i can only find my discipline on the list. Await your candid advise.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
JimsSG:

I'm sorry it's not anything you think while I was waiting the other person I texted with the airport wifi I was around as soon as I arrived was there not too long after so I left & I wanted to text you but it's Nigerian line I had & airport wifi went off immediately I walked out the airport & it was late I couldn't get any sim at the airport cause I wanted to call you back immediately anyway I'm so sorry for the inconvenience I caused you pls unblock me

Your excuse and explanation is incoherent and doesn't make any sense. You had a back up plan that you didn't inform him about but stringed him along.
What stopped you from using the phone of the person who came to pick you? or what stopped you from using the airport's wifi to update him of development before leaving the airport?
You probably think it is easy to pick someone from the airport leaving other personal schedules?

One principle to live by "Do unto others as you would like to be done to".

I have observed there are too many selfish and inconsiderate people on this thread. Prior to getting their visa, they are always active asking questions etc.. but as soon as they get what they want, they disappeared. Only resurface when in need of something like asking who is coming from Nigeria.

I understand that some could be busy but I don't see how busy you will be that you can't offer assistance once in a while. But not busy when in need of something.

JimsSG, I understand that one must look after himself but when looking after oneself will affect another party, every action must be considered not to cause the other party any harm.

What is done is done, I can only advice you to act wisely for your own sake as this kind of behaviour can block great benefits from you in the future.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
niyogeol:
Hello guys, I have B.Sc in Geology and I intend studying M.Sc Petroleum Geoscience in Australia, February 2017 entry. The school I have in mind offers the course for a year. Admission not yet secured. I have scholarship that will settle tuition. What are the chances of securing PR after studies?

Because I can't find the course on the SOL list. I need the inputs of gurus in the house as regards this.

You probably have to look for another course to study. Check the list and look for another course of interest on the list.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
bellong:

Your excuse and explanation is incoherent and doesn't make any sense. You had a back up plan that you didn't inform him about but stringed him along.
What stopped you from using the phone of the person who came to pick you? or what stopped you from using the airport's wifi to update him of development before leaving the airport?
You probably think it is easy to pick someone from the airport leaving other personal schedules?

I have observed there are too many selfish and inconsiderate people on this thread. Prior to getting their visa, they are always active asking questions etc.. but as soon as they get what they want, they disappeared. Only resurface when in need of something like asking who is coming from Nigeria.

I understand that some could be busy but I don't see how busy you will be that you can't offer assistance once in a while. But not busy when in need of something.

JimsSG, I understand that one must look after himself but when looking after oneself will affect another party, every action must be considered not to cause the other party any harm.

What is done is done, I can only advice you to act wisely for your own sake as this kind of behaviour can block great benefits from you in the future.
undiluted Truth

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by niyogeol(m): 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
bellong:

You probably have to look for another course to study. Check the list and look for another course of interest on the list.
Changing course for me might be difficult. Petroleum Geoscience is what I love and cherish.

I will appreciate the input of people working or studying in this field. Can't I get visa for post study work base on the "Graduate work" route?

Thank you for time in responding to my question. I appreciate your effort.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
niyogeol:
Changing course for me might be difficult. Petroleum Geoscience is what I love and cherish.

I will appreciate the input of people working or studying in this field. Can't I get visa for post study work base on the "Graduate work" route?

Thank you for time in responding to my question. I appreciate your effort.

If you are keen about Petroleum Geoscience, Australia is not a place for it. USA, UK, Canada and Norway will probably be places for you to check out.

However, to get a post study visa, you need two years of study before you can qualify for it. You have to look for schools that offer it for two years. One of the misconceptions most prospective applicants have or misinformation from agents is that once you get post study visa, you will get PR after. If your course of study is not on the skilled list, no way you can get it except company sponsorship or family sponsorship.

@bolded, I read Geology and got sponsorship as a geologist before willing States removed it from their list.

I hope you get the input of geologists you seek.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
bellong:

I have observed there are too many selfish and inconsiderate people on this thread.
Prior to getting their visa, they are always active asking questions etc.. but as soon as they get what they want, they disappeared. Only resurface when in need of something like asking who is coming from Nigeria.

to my bolded above..selfish people everywhere, not only on this very thread,inconsiderate humans,self centered, some people immediately they get the visa,attitude changes..people who disturbed me die during their visas in Canada thread now even hardly respond to important issues concerning me when i chat them.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
@Bellong God bless you for the WORD you are on point.

About 10 months ago i meet 4 people going to Australia here ,we became friends because our destination is the same with mine.My school told me they can only offer me Feb intakes because of my course.

Fast forward to 3 months ago i message they ignore but why now people that we Skype before leaving and after landing. They fail to reply you back just ask simple questions from them one of them disgraced me 'stop disturbing am always busy here' like seriously just asking have you been able to get a aged care facility'

They come here to read posts of pro's after ask questions and where to get cheap tickets and they leave but WHY two people were here for visa assistance and cheap tickets but where are they to assist people coming

And we have some people here available to help despite there busy schedule. @westafrica i own you 2kg of Egusi

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108