Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046452 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
Please fam what is the address of Australia high commision south africa
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Solitin40:
@Bellong God bless you for the WORD you are on point.

About 10 months ago i meet 4 people going to Australia here ,we became friends because our destination is the same with mine.My school told me they can only offer me Feb intakes because of my course.

Fast forward to 3 months ago i message they ignore but why now people that we Skype before leaving and after landing. They fail to reply you back just ask simple questions from them one of them disgraced me 'stop disturbing am always busy here' like seriously just asking have you been able to get a aged care facility'

They come here to read posts of pro's after ask questions and where to get cheap tickets and they leave but WHY two people were here for visa assistance and cheap tickets but where are they to assist people coming

And we have some people here available to help despite there busy schedule. @westafrica i own you 2kg of Egusi

Lolz thanks in advance. I do things not for ulterior motives. I have had similar experience with someone here but that doesn't stop me from assisting if I could.
The truth is that we Nigerians always look for ways to exploit others. For such reason we find it hard to succeed.

Do what you can for others and expect nothing then only you wont be disappointed.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
Emmex0804:

Thanks once again WestAfrican, my work experience is not on the SOL list but i can only find my discipline on the list. Await your candid advise.

Bro find something you can study. Must be undergraduate or a masters course related to your first degree.
If you have travel history you can also try visitor visa and change after you arrive. (Hopefully you don't have a NO FURTHER STAY condition on the visa)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JimsSG(m): 1:05am On Oct 15, 2016
bellong:

Your excuse and explanation is incoherent and doesn't make any sense. You had a back up plan that you didn't inform him about but stringed him along.
What stopped you from using the phone of the person who came to pick you? or what stopped you from using the airport's wifi to update him of development before leaving the airport?
You probably think it is easy to pick someone from the airport leaving other personal schedules?

One principle to live by "Do unto others as you would like to be done to".

I have observed there are too many selfish and inconsiderate people on this thread. Prior to getting their visa, they are always active asking questions etc.. but as soon as they get what they want, they disappeared. Only resurface when in need of something like asking who is coming from Nigeria.

I understand that some could be busy but I don't see how busy you will be that you can't offer assistance once in a while. But not busy when in need of something.

JimsSG, I understand that one must look after himself but when looking after oneself will affect another party, every action must be considered not to cause the other party any harm.

What is done is done, I can only advice you to act wisely for your own sake as this kind of behaviour can block great benefits from you in the future.

I couldn't use the airport wifi I had already left I was standing outside by the car pick up so I couldn't go back in cause I was told by the cleaner there, cars can't stay long there & I absolutely missed that I should've use who came to pick me up phone to contact bro tola that I was leaving but I genuinely didn't think of that then. I acted selfish on my path and I'm sorry to bro tola personally for the inconveniences I caused him & to the house too thanks guys

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 3:52am On Oct 15, 2016
@udz , badneat, Mrbigman1 , Futuredon baba and Oga bellong, thank you all for the advise and comments. Lesson learnt!

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osamuzi: 4:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Any nija in mount druitt, newcastle or black town.. Pls hit me up
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 5:25am On Oct 15, 2016
Good norning, pls a friend needs smq dat can hlp with sch fee paymnt in australia, 11,000 aud, any house member with a link to anyone willing to trade aud for naira?
A response would be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 5:26am On Oct 15, 2016
adesolami36:

What's your rate per dollar? Maybe I can help

Hi, please can you assist with 11,000aud?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by niyogeol(m): 7:47am On Oct 15, 2016
bellong:

If you are keen about Petroleum Geoscience, Australia is not a place for it. USA, UK, Canada and Norway will probably be places for you to check out.

However, to get a post study visa, you need two years of study before you can qualify for it. You have to look for schools that offer it for two years. One of the misconceptions most prospective applicants have or misinformation from agents is that once you get post study visa, you will get PR after. If your course of study is not on the skilled list, no way you can get it except company sponsorship or family sponsorship.

@bolded, I read Geology and got sponsorship as a geologist before willing States removed it from their list.

I hope you get the input of geologists you seek.
Thank you for your time.
UK doesn't allow stay back after studies. Canada visa time is not too encouraging. I don't really fancy the USA. Norway doesn't really have a well spelt out post study visa process plus the language barrier. I have given Norway a try before.

All the reasons above coupled with start date of the program led to Australia decision. Some schools actually offer the course for 2 yrs but its really expensive. I have a scholarship that covers tuition cost for only 1 yr.

After some research, I found out that Geology is on the consolidated skilled list. What are the chances of getting an employer to sponsor one for PR?

It baffles me when you said Australia is not a destination to look out for in Geology. Consdering the fact that most major IOCs have presence there.

I'm open to learning from people here. I need all the help I can get to make a life changing decision.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2016
COPIED

Hello mummies. I ve been following this thread as a visitor on naira land but decided to join naira land tonight to be able to post this information I found out at the airport in Lagos.
For those who want to buy PTA from travellex at MMIA in Lagos, pls get your BVN CARD from your bank and take it along with you with your passport, visa & boarding pass. New rules and surprisingly, no queue.
I will be fulfilled if this information will help at least 1 person. I ve learnt a lot from this thread. I appreciate everyone.

Hi everyone.. I'm currently enjoying my time in Hull; small and quiet city. btw,u can get Pta at the airport travelex. but make sure u go on time,check-in and obtain ur boarding pass(u'll need that). Go with photocopies o ur visa and passport, naira equivalent(pls carry cash)..and BVN card(very very essential)..the rate is 356 naira to a dollar.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2016
bellong:

One principle to live by "Do unto others as you would like to be done to".

I have observed there are too many selfish and inconsiderate people on this thread. Prior to getting their visa, they are always active asking questions etc.. but as soon as they get what they want, they disappeared. Only resurface when in need of something like asking who is coming from Nigeria.

I understand that some could be busy but I don't see how busy you will be that you can't offer assistance once in a while. But not busy when in need of something.

Mr bellong, you are a wonderful man.. A good man at that. I respect you for this

I used to think about this too, but thought maybe, i didn't understand somethings. I didn't know some good people here also had same opinions.
There re lots of people who come here begging for help, you help them, but as soon as they get their visas, they disappear forgetting that they never paid a dime to get anyone here to help them in the first place.
I ve promised myself that I will make this point known when I get my PR, but good as you opened it up in time.
Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Emmex0804(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2016
WestAfrican:

Bro find something you can study. Must be undergraduate or a masters course related to your first degree.
If you have travel history you can also try visitor visa and change after you arrive. (Hopefully you don't have a NO FURTHER STAY condition on the visa)

Thanks so much WestAfriican.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2016
Nony2013:
Please fam what is the address of Australia high commision south africa

Contact Details

Australian High Commission, Pretoria

Address:
292 Orient Street
Arcadia
Pretoria 0083
South Africa
Postal address:
Private Bag X150
Pretoria 0001

Telephone: 27 12 423 6000
Fax: 27 12 342 8442
Email:

Immigration and visa enquiries: see Immi Contact Us

Consular enquiries: consular.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Passport enquiries: passport.enquiries-pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Direct Aid Program enquiries: dap.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

General enquiries: Pretoria.info@dfat.gov.au

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Solitin40:
COPIED

Hello mummies. I ve been following this thread as a visitor on naira land but decided to join naira land tonight to be able to post this information I found out at the airport in Lagos.
For those who want to buy PTA from travellex at MMIA in Lagos, pls get your BVN CARD from your bank and take it along with you with your passport, visa & boarding pass. New rules and surprisingly, no queue.
I will be fulfilled if this information will help at least 1 person. I ve learnt a lot from this thread. I appreciate everyone.

Hi everyone.. I'm currently enjoying my time in Hull; small and quiet city. btw,u can get Pta at the airport travelex. but make sure u go on time,check-in and obtain ur boarding pass(u'll need that). Go with photocopies o ur visa and passport, naira equivalent(pls carry cash)..and BVN card(very very essential)..the rate is 356 naira to a dollar.

Please can you further explain the BVN Card thing. I have only heard about the number, but i have no prior info about a BVN card. Can you educate us more on how to get the card, and what it looks like.

Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2016
mjlbabajide:

Please can you further explain the BVN Card thing. I have only heard about the number, but i have no prior info about a BVN card. Can you educate us more on how to get the card, and what it looks like.

Thank you
bvncard is dispatched by your bank to the branch you did you bvn Registration ....Unfortunately the likes of Diamond bank are yet to start anything about Bvn cards ...

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:22am On Oct 15, 2016
mjlbabajide:

Thank you
The card is like ATM card with numbers. To get it you have to visit your bank branch

OR

How To Check Your Bank Verification Number ( BVN ) With Your Mobile Phone
dial this number on your mobile phone
*565*0# after dialing, it will display your BVN Number on the screen.just write it down.
Note: they will charge you for this service. When i tried to check it, i got insufficient fund message.so i had to recharge airtime and try again before it worked.so make sure you have up to #15 on your mobile phone before trying to check. Also make sure you used the mobile phone number used for the registration of your bank verification number ( BVN )
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adesolami36: 11:36am On Oct 15, 2016
abbyjo:

Hi, please can you assist with 11,000aud?

Sorry i can't, I just assisted someone here last week so can't raise this amount now.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
WestAfrican:

Contact Details

Australian High Commission, Pretoria

Address:
292 Orient Street
Arcadia
Pretoria 0083
South Africa
Postal address:
Private Bag X150
Pretoria 0001

Telephone: 27 12 423 6000
Fax: 27 12 342 8442
Email:

Immigration and visa enquiries: see Immi Contact Us

Consular enquiries: consular.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Passport enquiries: passport.enquiries-pretoria@dfat.gov.au

Direct Aid Program enquiries: dap.pretoria@dfat.gov.au

General enquiries: Pretoria.info@dfat.gov.au
Thanks Boss
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
adesolami36:

Sorry i can't, I just assisted someone here last week so can't raise this amount now.

Ok, tnks for responding, pls if u kno of any1 willing to trade do let me know.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
Solitin40:

The card is like ATM card with numbers. To get it you have to visit your bank branch

OR

How To Check Your Bank Verification Number ( BVN ) With Your Mobile Phone
dial this number on your mobile phone
*565*0# after dialing, it will display your BVN Number on the screen.just write it down.
Note: they will charge you for this service. When i tried to check it, i got insufficient fund message.so i had to recharge airtime and try again before it worked.so make sure you have up to #15 on your mobile phone before trying to check. Also make sure you used the mobile phone number used for the registration of your bank verification number ( BVN )

Not all bvn cards are ready, in my branch i was d 2nd person to enroll yet mine is not out, customers i enrolled after me hv gotten diers, an alternative to it for u to b safe is go to ur bank, pref d bank u registered, ask dem to do a print out for u from d bvn platform n stamp and sign just incase travelex does not have access to d bnv validation portal.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cuteannie02: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
mjlbabajide:

Thank you

For those ppl who don't have bvn cards. You need to go to the bank u registered with to get an official letter stating that they haven't given u a card and stating ur bvn number, that and the other aforementioned travel documents will suffice for travelex , plus make ur cash in 1000 notes for ease of counting

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by water4: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
Emmex0804:

Thanks so much WestAfriican.

Oga WestAfrica. Your name self represent Africa, and west for that matter. i envy that. I am currently studying in Saudi (Msc. Accounting) and looking forward to Australia very soon. The tuition overthere is quite heavy and looking for other options.

please, can your clarify the Visitor visa conversion while in australia. Does it mean one can change to student or residence ?

you also mentioned that " Hopefully you don't have a NO FURTHER STAY condition on the visa" .

kindly clarify sir.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
abbyjo:

Not all bvn cards are ready, in my branch i was d 2nd person to enroll yet mine is not out, customers i enrolled after me hv gotten diers, an alternative to it for u to b safe is go to ur bank, pref d bank u registered, ask dem to do a print out for u from d bvn platform n stamp and sign just incase travelex does not have access to d bnv validation portal.
Ok Sir.But people that tried Travelex said they requested for the card and not form and must dial the 'code' to see the rightful owner
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
water4:

Oga WestAfrica. Your name self represent Africa, and west for that matter. i envy that. I am currently studying in Saudi (Msc. Accounting) and looking forward to Australia very soon. The tuition overthere is quite heavy and looking for other options.

please, can your clarify the Visitor visa conversion while in australia. Does it mean one can change to student or residence ?

you also mentioned that " Hopefully you don't have a NO FURTHER STAY condition on the visa" .

kindly clarify sir.
Yes you can convert but on the condition of your visa NO FURTHER STAY must be there but if it's otherwise you can't extend your stay more than the period given which means you have to leave Australia and apply for another type.Are you ok now?If not just Google Australia visa grant and check Image to see examples
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Solitin40:

Ok Sir.But people that tried Travelex said they requested for the card and not form and must dial the 'code' to see the rightful owner

Yes u can dial d code, dat was just an alternative cos some pple may hv stopped using d num dey registered dier bvn with.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iblaw: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
mjlbabajide:

Thank you

Go to the bank and branch where you did your BVN and ask for your BVN card, its a white card that bears your BVN number.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 2:25am On Oct 16, 2016
water4:

kindly clarify sir.

I will emphasize a littlr more on Solitin40 comment.
Most Australian visas come with condition(s). It could be Work Limitation, Study type, Must have insurance, Cannot leave the country for a certain time, Restriction to medicine etc. The worse of them is NO FURTHER STAY. With the latter condition, you cannot renew a visa or application for any other visas while in Australia except for a PROTECTION visa.

Yes you can change to another visa if your visitors visa does not have NO FURTHER STAY condition. A new visa must be lodged before your substantial or current visa runs out.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 16, 2016
water4:

kindly clarify sir.

Why not finish your course, get 12 months work experience and migrate to Australia as a skilled worker. Just confirm if accounting is still on the skilled list
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 3:11am On Oct 16, 2016
adesolami36:

Thanks for helping her with the payment. It was at the nick of time..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adesolami36: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2016
bellong:

Thanks for helping her with the payment. It was at the nick of time..

It's my pleasure...we're here to help one another
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2016
adesolami36:

It's my pleasure...we're here to help one another

wow, are u the one that helped the PR ITA lady? thank God for u. was thinking if she made it. Pass on the goodwill my ppl...
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 11:14am On Oct 16, 2016
Hi all. Sorry i have been off for sometime. Work and school no dey gree me see road.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.