Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046269 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2016
ekazulu:

To build professional skills in areas of Business Analysis, Financial Management..

You don't need an MBA to do that. I don't know why you want to study MBA in Australia as you can do it in Lagos Business School for less or online with London School of Business.

If your plan is migration, MBA is a waste of thousands of dollars because it will not get you anywhere. However, if you are a company executive on company's fund for the program, it will be a good experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zoey17: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2016
I tried paying my school fees using from A and part of the requirement is NYSC certificate or exemption letter,please I would like to know if any one experienced this and how they handled it because am yet to get exemption letter.
please anyone with information on this should please assist,thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Ifexsco:
Hello fam! Am making a passionate and desperate call for help! We are not yet able to secure temporary accommodation in Sydney and we are arriving there on 29th of this month! All my efforts have not yielded any luck..... airbnb is so selective when it comes to families with children; am still searching for places at reasonable prices but am getting frustrated!
Can you or someone you know accommodate us for two weeks max? (Me, my wife and two children under two years )
Pls send me a mail to ifexsco@yahoo.com.
Am expecting that God sent angel
You can try www.couchsurfing.com I have used it in some of my trips overseas including Perth Australia. Was difficult to find a host in Sydney. Anyway give it a go. Register and start searching for a host. Safe.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifexsco: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2016
WestAfrican:

Thanks for the info. Let me give it a try.

You can try www.couchsurfing.com I have used it in some of my trips overseas including Perth Australia. Was difficult to find a host in Sydney. Anyway give it a go. Register and start searching for a host. Safe.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

Yes you'll go for that. The fee now is #7430 not #7400 anymore. Make sure you go with change because the guy over there don't always have change. Not a big deal anyway

Thank you v much, also what document should I go with?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mannimakerjnr: 11:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Llexnet:

Check your mail after u submitted ur application. It's a biometric document. I think it starts with IMMI s... Check your mail and read all the pdf's they sent. You will see what I'm talking about. Add your passport too.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by soopamom: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
Please i have a question for those travelling for studies with children (anybody?) How did you manage childcare? Particularly in Melbourne?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
Llexnet:

Venue - Teleperformance: Etiebets Place, 28 Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja GRA, Lagos (Landmark is Abule-Onigbagbo Bus-Stop)

Please go with the following:

Biometrics Fee - 7,430NGN

Original International Passport

Photocopy of International Passport Data Page

Print-out of the attached Bio-metric letter (IMMI s25)
That's if you're going for studies

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

I checked cheapflight.com I saw a flight of #264000. Brothers how true can that be? Do they collect naira? And how'll one pay? Anyone with a hint about it pls answer.
Don't use that to calculate o try booking you will be redirected to another site (ticket agent) and the fees are always in USD EURO and POUND and some other major currencies so cheapflights is using cbn rate to calculate the conversation

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nwokeomajayb you don get your grant ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
BADNEAT:
Nwokeomajayb you don get your grant ?

Just checking Bruv
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Solitin40:

Don't use that to calculate o try booking you will be redirected to another site (ticket agent) and the fees are always in USD EURO and POUND and some other major currencies so cheapflights is using cbn rate to calculate the conversation

Then how can one get a cheap flight to Sydney then?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

Just checking Bruv
okay. ..ka anyi na eche
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
BADNEAT:
okay. ..ka anyi na eche

It'll be pure Bruv. Udo di

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teahigh(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello House, I need help with sumtin. I applied for a Student Visa (Subclass 500) on Oct 28. I have done my biometrics at Ikeja, i've also done Medical at Fatia Williams and that was at Nov 2nd. Since then I avnt heard anytin from them. My Visa isn't out yet. I jst wana knw. How long does it take to get out.....does it take this long...?? I read on their page that it takes a Month. Its been over a Month already. Notin yet. Can sum1 explain pls...Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
teahigh:
Hello House, I need help with sumtin. I applied for a Student Visa (Subclass 500) on Oct 28. I have done my biometrics at Ikeja, i've also done Medical at Fatia Williams and that was at Nov 2nd. Since then I avnt heard anytin from them. My Visa isn't out yet. I jst wana knw. How long does it take to get out.....does it take this long...?? I read on their page that it takes a Month. Its been over a Month already. Notin yet. Can sum1 explain pls...Thank you.
Hope your email address is written on the transmission method or did you only drop your number?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teahigh(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nwokeomajayb:

Hope your email address is written on the transmission method or did you only drop your number?

I have my Email there.....i've been getting evrytin tru Emails....Biometrics Form, Medical Form.

How long does it take...??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
teahigh:

I have my Email there.....i've been getting evrytin tru Emails....Biometrics Form, Medical Form.

How long does it take...??

I won't answer because I'm not sure. Just talk to God about it because theirs nothing he can't do.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
SOS! Please house ,I am in desperate need for help. I got admissions to RMIT Melbourne, however I have just enough money to pay for my

acceptance fee which is 8300 AuD. I need information from anyone who has experienced a similar situation and how he/she pulled it through.

Are there jobs in Melbourne that pay enough to cover for my expenses as well as pay for my tuition at RMIT?

How many jobs may I have to take to ensure that I pay up on time?

What happens if a student is unable to pay up his/her tuitions on time?

Please my brothers and sisters, anyone in the house ready to help a hustling brother. May God bless you as you do so
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello bros, Thanks for your help in providing answers to people issues
Please i want to apply for my brother, am in Aussie already, although i use agent for mine but i want to do his own myself to reduce cost.

My question is

He is going for certificate in accounting to Diploma in accounting, will he be assessed based on level 3 or level 1?

WestAfrican:

You will be assessed under Level 3 which means you are a high risk applicant. For such reason, only those list below can be your sponsor:

(a) the applicant (meaning yourself);
(b) the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner;
(c) a parent of the applicant;
(d) a grandparent of the applicant;
(e) a brother or sister of the applicant;
(f) an uncle or aunt of the applicant who is:
(i) an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen; and
(ii) usually resident in Australia.

In the meanwhile, you need to provide alot of documents to support your application, documents such as: landed property, ties back home (ready work), relationship with your sponsor and strong statement of purpose etc.

Having said that, if your program has a pathway to university or degree program you will be assessed as a level 1 applicant and will not need to worry much about providing some of the aforementioned documents.

Hope that helps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
amilak:
SOS! Please house ,I am in desperate need for help. I got admissions to RMIT Melbourne, however I have just enough money to pay for my

acceptance fee which is 8300 AuD. I need information from anyone who has experienced a similar situation and how he/she pulled it through.

Are there jobs in Melbourne that pay enough to cover for my expenses as well as pay for my tuition at RMIT?

Please my brothers and sisters, anyone in the house ready to help a hustling brother. May God bless you as you do so

Bro, am not so sure about the payment of tuition fees ,with part time jobs .but it should be possible

Meanwhile there are much jobs in Melbourne ,from what I heard

Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
amilak:

How many weeks ,did it take them to give you admission bro ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
ukchy:

Hello bros, Thanks for your help in providing answers to people issues
Please i want to apply for my brother, am in Aussie already, although i use agent for mine but i want to do his own myself to reduce cost.

My question is

He is going for certificate in accounting to Diploma in accounting, will he be assessed based on level 3 or level 1?

Assessment Level 3
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
amilak:

READ PREVIOUS POSTS YOU WILL NOT anyway to your questions
1Through Form A go to your bank and ask about it

2.Yes jobs dey but can't pay your school fees with the pay just the living expenses like accommodation phone bills groceries stationary etc

3. You are only allowed 40hrs fortnight during school period and unlimited during holidays if you work over the allowed hours get caught and meet yourself in MMIA

4. You arw playing with your visa conditions which may lead to deportation
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
teahigh:

When does your uni commence? Australian government has quota on how much people can come into the country in a certain time. If that quota is full means you have to exercise patience until the window opens again. Writing them to make a decision on your application could lead to a denial.

It could also be that your case officer is yet to review your application, thats is why it's vital to submit all neccessary documents to avoid been delayed.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mannimakerjnr: 12:29am On Dec 03, 2016
teahigh:

I learnt it is way faster if you finish your medicals before your application than when you're requested by the embassy. It's even stated on their website.
http://southafrica.embassy.gov.au/pret/immi_health_requirement.html
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 1:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Waooo

WestAfrican:

Assessment Level 3
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 03, 2016
[quote author=Ifexsco post=51567791][/quote]

check on facebook too, several groups from room share to house share

https://flatmates.com.au/rooms/blacktown-2148

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 6:17am On Dec 03, 2016
foreverkind1:

How many weeks ,did it take them to give you admission bro ?
Less than 2 weeks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amilak: 6:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Please I need contacts of anyone who has gotten admissions to RMIT for the semester starting on feb 27th 2017.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teahigh(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2016
WestAfrican:

When does your uni commence? Australian government has quota on how much people can come into the country in a certain time. If that quota is full means you have to exercise patience until the window opens again. Writing them to make a decision on your application could lead to a denial.

It could also be that your case officer is yet to review your application, thats is why it's vital to submit all neccessary documents to avoid been delayed.

All Docs have been submitted. I am to resume 12th Of dis Month....but might have to move my resumption date forward if they don't grant me anytime soon.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teahigh(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2016
mannimakerjnr:

I learnt it is way faster if you finish your medicals before your application than when you're requested by the embassy. It's even stated on their website.
http://southafrica.embassy.gov.au/pret/immi_health_requirement.html

Don't know about that. Perhaps that's where the delay is from. Will have to wait anyways.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.