Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1047294 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Franksuccess: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2017
Silent2013:

That was rude. If you had an additional information for him you could have provided it without attacking me. I did no wrong by replying his post. And yes the type of visa you hold has something to do with the type of work you can get. If you are on a temporary visa, you may not be able to get certain jobs. Before I forget, congratulations for your new job.
Am sorry brother. U be my chairman. No vex abeg.
Happy new year
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
Silent2013:

Franksuccess
Abeg make una no fight, just asking in order to be well inform before arriving, thanks to both.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnHadey: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
For those that don't know, Master's by coursework has been included with masters by research and doctorate to have unlimited work right during and off school session..
This is a big relieve as most work agencies had always used the work restriction to segregate us..
Though it's not easy to combine work and study but this gives a kind of psychological balance knowing you can apply for any job with unlimited work right..

This information is available on VEVO.
Know your right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
johnHadey:
For those that don't know, Master's by coursework has been included with masters by research and doctorate to have unlimited work right during and off school session..
This is a big relieve as most work agencies had always used the work restriction to segregate us..
Though it's not easy to combine work and study but this gives a kind of psychological balance knowing you can apply for any job with unlimited work right..

Know your right.

Thanks for d info
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iykedancastro(m): 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
johnHadey:

Know your right.

This's a great news.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
johnHadey:

Know your right.
nice ...please can you help with the direct link on vevo ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
BADNEAT:
Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/visas-and-migration/visa-entitlement-verification-online-(vevo)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Uptosomething(m): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Dear Team,
Greetings to all the gurus in the house..I read History and International Relations, working in a bank. I am looking at leaving NIG TO AUSSIE.As AN ART student,which progs come under Australian Immigration Skilled list?
MANY THANKS
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pls a good spirited member should guide me on how to make VISA payment with my gtb masters dollar card

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
johnHadey:

Know your right.
This is why nairaland is the best place to be. I wouldn't have known this information without this place. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 12:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Stanleyelege:
Pls a good spirited member should guide me on how to make VISA payment with my gtb masters dollar card

It pretty simple...the platform for payment will shows up last after filling all necessary information and documentation on the IMNI website .... just type ur bank and the card number just like u nornally do when you pay for goods online....just have additional money for atm charges like extra dollar for mastercard charges and not the exact visa fee on the card.....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 05, 2017
bligs:

Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/visas-and-migration/visa-entitlement-verification-online-(vevo)
thanks very much

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Haliru001: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2017
guadete:
hello
which school did u apply to and did they allow u to apply without the help of an agent

pls what is the minimum amount your brother was required to have as his account balance? because I jus accepted my offer to study a masters program at Western Sydney University, and I'm confused on how much I need to have in my sponsor's account, b4 applying for visa. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Haliru001: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2017
[was required to have as his account balance? because I jus accepted my offer to study a masters program at Western Sydney University, and I'm confused on how much I need to have in my sponsor's account, b4 applying for visa. Thanks @teahigh quote author=guadete post=52339308]hello
which school did u apply to and did they allow u to apply without the help of an agent

[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mctowel01: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
GodsClan:

This is why nairaland is the best place to be. I wouldn't have known this information without this place. Thanks
Very true.
I won't have known details about Australian migration without Nairaland. Information is power.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ilias2:

It pretty simple...the platform for payment will shows up last after filling all necessary information and documentation on the IMNI website .... just type ur bank and the card number just like u nornally do when you pay for goods online....just have additional money for atm charges like extra dollar for mastercard charges and not the exact visa fee on the card.....

Thank you Ilias. I just called gtb customer care line and was told that i wont be charged for card payment. I initially wanted to pay to my agent(pfl) but learnt that visa fee has jumped to over 190,000NGN. And am very sure paying from my dollar card will be cheaper.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pfl may charge you base on there own exchange rates... so it better u pay urself. So gtb is great. .. visa fees is arnd 550 aud dollar. Arnd 400 plus in us dollars. ...

Stanleyelege:

Thank you Ilias. I just called gtb customer care line and was told that i wont be charged for card payment. I initially wanted to pay to my agent(pfl) but learnt that visa fee has jumped to over 190,000NGN. And am very sure paying from my dollar card will be cheaper.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 06, 2017
Stanleyelege:

have atleast $440 ,that's about how much debit you'll get for the payment .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Michealjerry: 1:47am On Jan 06, 2017
thx u very much
I live in Nigeria,I wt to hear from som1 dat stay in New Zealand to hear more deeply about to live in New Zealand.as a student most go to school?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Michealjerry: 2:05am On Jan 06, 2017
Sirlovings:

If you live in Nigeria or third world country, it will be a bit hard to get a visitors visa except if you can prove to them that you're a genuine visitor and that you intend to go back before your visa runs out.
If you are rich, it will be easier too.

I live in New Zealand so I can only talk more about Immigration New Zealand and how best to deal with them.welldone sir,I wt to hear 4m how did u get ur visa to New Zealand,was it student visa or visit?i got admission dere most compulsory to go school?

If I know your true intention (visiting or moving permanently) then I will give you the best option on how to go about it.

thx u very much
I live in Nigeria,I wt to hear from som1 dat stay in New Zealand to hear more deeply about to live in New Zealand.as a student most go to school?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 8:14am On Jan 06, 2017
BADNEAT:

Advised that the course work has been excluded from the unlimited work hour.
Maybe that was a bleeped up mistake that's exasperating.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2017
johnHadey:

Know your right.

Buddy be advised it has been removed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:13am On Jan 07, 2017
guadete:
Not yet am still in Naija oooo but the way this thread keep saying that age care is not longer allowed for international student dey fear me......moreover I added the age care due to the fact that I cant find a a diploma in nursing program above 1.5 years

thanks

IHNA has diploma which is 2 years. Check www.ihna.edu.au

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 12:17am On Jan 07, 2017
Michealjerry:
thx u very much

https://www.nairaland.com/1410222/general-new-zealand-student-enquires
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aaffluent: 5:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Please what option did you choose when applying for your family on the immiacount website ? I'm seeing application process that is kinda confusing. Which option would be correct for applying for my family. I'm still on student Visa and I referenced my wife in my previous application but applying for her now. Can you please give a reply or ANYBODY IN THE HOUSE PLEASE IT IS URGENT ....
oobidike:
Sorry i would have posted earlier but the work for this australia no dey gree person see road. but its well.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Nwokeomajayb:

Advised that the course work has been excluded from the unlimited work hour.
Maybe that was a bleeped up mistake that's exasperating.
no mind them ...fake joy this new year
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 9:27am On Jan 07, 2017
Good day fellow nairalanders.

I need advice on various issues:

- Which flight is best to take to Australia and the price range. The one that can accommodate big luggage space.

- How soon can I get a job in sydney and what type of jobs as I'm to resume in March.

- In terms of accommodation, can I secure a good temporary accommodation from Nigeria and at what price range ?

- Any other advice or need to know will be appreciated.

Thank you .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Doodoo10: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2017
Hello room,

Good morning all,
I wish to enquire about something please,

I wanted to apply for a master course in information technology, my 1st degree is petroleum engineering,
But the issue know is that, the school [central Queensland university] representative here in Nigeria which is BCIE, have suggested that my bachelor course I. E petroleum engineering, can not easily be admitted to study information technology, because it's not related,
So the agent advised that I choose project management as a master course in the same school,

Please, everyone what do u think about this suggestion, should I go for the M. Project management or is there a better course to option for that will enable my chances of gaining A Permanent resident after my completion or during my masters

Please, I need your advises

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
Doodoo10:
Hello room,

Good morning all,
I wish to enquire about something please,

I wanted to apply for a master course in information technology, my 1st degree is petroleum engineering,
But the issue know is that, the school [central Queensland university] representative here in Nigeria which is BCIE, have suggested that my bachelor course I. E petroleum engineering, can not easily be admitted to study information technology, because it's not related,
So the agent advised that I choose project management as a master course in the same school,

Please, everyone what do u think about this suggestion, should I go for the M. Project management or is there a better course to option for that will enable my chances of gaining A Permanent resident after my completion or during my masters

Please, I need your advises

Thanks

Project Management is a wonderful course, it has so much advantages to add to your B.Eng. Take it from a Project Management Graduate. I suggest you go for it.

However you can check the SOL to know if it's shortlisted.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnHadey: 5:27am On Jan 08, 2017
johnHadey:

Know your right.

Only God knows what these people are upto..
The last time I checked VEVO, they included masters by course work, and now its no longer there...
please ignore this message..

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.