Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043788 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
esosa4real:

My sister, congrats on your aussie waka, how far gone now,?

She needs her education to be evaluated by csmls before she can take their exam. Hmmmm, their requirements are much since the last time i visited their website. I really dont know why mls is limited there, it s not a degree course. I found oz system was much more favorable.
Good luck in your canada waka
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
@Mlbabajide,

Though you have a point but your advice is grossly misleading.
VETASSES is known to be in their own world and I am sure the document they use from department for education is not a current document.

People have assessed with other bodies outside VETASSES and got positive assessment. They read four year course such as accounting, Education etc.

The fact that VETASSES assessed you wrongly should not give you the confidence to mislead others.

You could have said that for those who will be assessed by VETASSES, they should confirm their status or do an advisory service before the main assessment.

Meanwhile, contrary to your claim, VETASSES' issue was discussed on the thread.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
@Mlbabajide and all who are at the mercy of VETASSESS

How do we even find this document as I have searched all afternoon the Department of Education and Training for anything that might give this information?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
@esosa4real

I don't think this is entirely true. I stand to be corrected though

Cons (Australia PR)
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2017
oknee:

She needs her education to be evaluated by csmls before she can take their exam. Hmmmm, their requirements are much since the last time i visited their website. I really dont know why mls is limited there, it s not a degree course. I found oz system was much more favorable.
Good luck in your canada waka

Yes I saw about the cmls, Nigerians, Australians, british, newzealand graduates can't even assess their credentials with CSMLS because of their prerequisites. For example you must have done a rotation in histotechnology which these regions don't offer.

My dear, the Canadian system pretends to have these ambiguous requirements because of their high standards but truth is that they want only their staffs to have these jobs. It's everywhere online, because foreigners say it's funny because they are more educated studying a degree with at least 2years clinical rotation but the Canadian mls is more lika a diploma.

She can't be assessed by that body, so I will mail CIC.

Tanx, let me not derail this thread grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 12:43am On Jan 13, 2017
bellong:
@Mlbabajide,

Though you have a point but your advice is grossly misleading.
VETASSES is known to be in their own world and I am sure the document they use from department for education is not a current document.

People have assessed with other bodies outside VETASSES and got positive assessment. They read four year course such as accounting, Education etc.

The fact that VETASSES assessed you wrongly should not give you the confidence to mislead others.

You could have said that for those who will be assessed by VETASSES, they should confirm their status or do an advisory service before the main assessment.

Meanwhile, contrary to your claim, VETASSES' issue was discussed on the thread.

I only shared what i know. I figured such guidelines which is a form of regulatory internal memo, would have been sent to all assessing body. Well, every law is subject to interpretation.

I can go with the possibility of you saying the guideline as handed down by the education dept could be outdated by now, given the fact that mail from vetassess came in december 2015.

I have not mislead anybody so far, i have nothing to gain by doing that. I have only tried to say based on my experience people should do a background check before they jettison study route for PR.

They should atleast have an idea, that there is such a thing as characterization of Nigerian Universities. A quick example, someone that has no prior info about AL1 to AL3 schools/nations will accept any school handed over by an agent. Only to get to the proof of Funds section, and they start bitting fingers on what to do. Saying nobody ever mentioned it.

It is just meant to guide whom ever it will guide, not everybody. It will enable people thread carefully.

However, i have always looked forward to your comment on this thread, as it is always filled with deeper insight into situation of things. Believe me, you've also been very helpful to me in ways you do not know.

Atleast the silent participants will also learn a thing from our conversation.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 4:25am On Jan 13, 2017
@esosa4real, i used wes and my degree was assessed as equivalent to a 4 yr canadian qualification.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=oknee post=52741574][/quote]

i have seen people with NAIJA state uni getting PR
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 7:12am On Jan 13, 2017
SegunWamiri:
@esosa4real

I don't think this is entirely true. I stand to be corrected though

Cons (Australia PR)
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.

VERY TRUE BRO!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 7:17am On Jan 13, 2017
oknee:
@esosa4real, i used wes and my degree was assessed as equivalent to a 4 yr canadian qualification.

Thanks much any tips about using WES?

Can I make the school to send both her certificate, wes form and transcripts?

Instead of me paying dhl money twice?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enasv(f): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2017
Pls can one apply for BSc in Charles Darwin University using HND result?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2017
enasv:
Only the school can give you a perfect answer, send the school a mail or consider applying for graduate diploma with pathway to Msc.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oknee: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks much any tips about using WES?

Can I make the school to send both her certificate, wes form and transcripts?

Instead of me paying dhl money twice?

Yes, my friend once collected her sealed transcript from school and sent both her certificate copy and the transcript together. Wes did not query it.
As per tips, just be following up from the naija end. That is where the delay mostly comes from.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 12:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Make Una Help me Thaank God oo, Grant came in yday.

Firstly I thank God for making it possible and I also thank Badnet, Nwokeomajayb, Illois and so on for your help.

Grant ( class 500) came in 13 Jan
Application submitted 9 Dec with Med up front..... The waiting period na die!

Thanks everyone.

My Oga's ahead, Pls whats the next thing to do o, class starts next month.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bykeman01(m): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Llexnet:

Firstly I thank God for making it possible and I also thank Badnet, Nwokeomajayb, Illois and so on for your help.

Thanks everyone.

Wow...congrats bro.. More testimonies on the way.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 15, 2017
Llexnet:

Thanks everyone.

congratulations...
I guess flight booking is next

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2017
Llexnet:
Thanks everyone.

Congratulations Llexnet. Please I just sent you a PM. Kindly respond.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 11:52am On Jan 15, 2017
Kenyata:

Congratulations Llexnet. Please I just sent you a PM. Kindly respond.

Thanks, replied.....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Llexnet:

Thanks everyone

Congratulations. Book your flight sharply.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=Llexnet post=52823755

Thanks, replied.....[/quote]

Hello Llexnet. Thanks for ur response.
Please, I sent another one. Kindly respond.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=Kenyata post=52830283][/quote]

Hello Llexnet, I sent you yet another PM. Kindly respond. Thanks for your indulgence.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 16, 2017
symbian03:

Which state are you at?

Am in NSW
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 16, 2017
enasv:

I am not sure about Darwin but I am very sure of Tasmania university which on a neutral ground it's not advisable to school there unless you want point when applying for PR. You can be after BSc but you have to do 2years you can do less depending on if some of your causes in the bsc you applying are in your HND then you will transfer the credit unit to the bsc which eventually will reduce your study load
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 5:17am On Jan 16, 2017
wow... longtime my ppl ... been battling ielts and finally its a 20. plz any Electrical Engineer can send me His CDR so i can use a successful format. I will be nominating for Electrical engineer... my email is jimosebeng@gmail.com ....thanks my bosses

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2017
Hi guys,

Good morning.
Please anyone in sydney should contact me ebonydimpledangel@gmail.com

I need urgent assistance. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2017
I don't live in Sydney but work in Sydney so I am in Sydney everyday.

[Qquote author=Vivienne01 post=52847004]Hi guys,

Good morning.

I need urgent assistance. Thank you [/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2017
SantaClause:
I don't live in Sydney but work in Sydney so I am in Sydney everyday.

[Qquote author=Vivienne01 post=52847004]Hi guys,

Good morning.

I need urgent assistance. Thank you

I've responded to your pm
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dammy112: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
I'm interested in doing the Bsc Nursing Graduate entry in Australia.My 1st degree is in IT.
From reading through few of the pages on here.I would like to know how to proceed since I don't want to fall Into wrong agents.Thanks
I prefer fairly cheap schools in locations with job availability. Any ideas would be highly welcome. My first choice was Canada but the process is a bit long to me so Im trying Aus.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
So the visa arrived around 8am this morning and i totally give BABA GOD the sweetest glory.

App lodged on 27 Nov
Biometrics submitted on 4th Dec
Visa for 2; my wife is the principal applicant, i am 2IC
School: Macquarie Uni
No English test
No statement of Account.

#Sydney
#NorthRyde.

Thank you all

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
Did you see my pm?
Vivienne01:

I've responded to your pm
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
Okay. Just sent you an email
SantaClause:

Did you see my pm?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
mjlbabajide:
So the visa arrived around 8am this morning and i totally give BABA GOD the sweetest glory.

App lodged on 27 Nov
Biometrics submitted on 4th Dec
Visa for 2; my wife is the principal applicant, i am 2IC
School: Macquarie Uni
No English test
No statement of Account.

#Sydney
#NorthRyde.

Thank you all

Congrats......

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.