Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination (17449 Views)

Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. / Debunking The Igbo's Domination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Abagworo(m): 10:34pm On May 26, 2015
Nobody has problem with Igbos politicaly in this modern era. The war finished 45 years ago and even though the bruises remain we have all moved on in a united Nigeria. Our alliance should be with justice and not with South-South or North per se. We should align with whatever leads to progress of Nigeria as a nation. I almost gave up on Nigeria but Buhari's emergence has rekindled my hope.

8 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by B69U: 10:39pm On May 26, 2015
Abagworo:
[s]Nobody has problem with Igbos politicaly in this modern era. The war finished 45 years ago and even though the bruises remain we have all moved on in a united Nigeria. Our alliance should be with justice and not with South-South or North per se. We should align with whatever leads to progress of Nigeria as a nation. I almost gave up on Nigeria but Buhari's emergence has rekindled my hope.[/s]

Trash! Igbos have a problem with Nigeria, dey want out. U cannot force Nigeria on them, becos they are not forcing Biafra on anybody.

12 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by pazienza(m): 10:41pm On May 26, 2015
Abagworo:
Nobody has problem with Igbos politicaly in this modern era. The war finished 45 years ago and even though the bruises remain we have all moved on in a united Nigeria. Our alliance should be with justice and not with South-South or North per se. We should align with whatever leads to progress of Nigeria as a nation. I almost gave up on Nigeria but Buhari's emergence has rekindled my hope.

Why don't they have problem with Ndiigbo politically in this era? Because of our fall from Grace after the Biafran war?

They have no problem with Ndiigbo, yet Ekwueme a far better candidate than Obj was rejected twice in favour of Obj.

Why did they have problem with Ndiigbo in the past. Which of their Igbo domination lies can stand the fire of truth?

Yes, our alliance should be for justice, and justice demands that the labours of our Heroes past, who wrote our history with their blood in the jungles of Biafra, defending Igboland from invaders be not in vain.

Justice demands that the Republic of Igboland must be achieved.

You might have moved on, as is expected, but no sensible Igbo man has, not until our nation become independent.

9 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by superstar1(m): 10:48pm On May 26, 2015
B69U:

The Oyo Empire ran into trouble wen the yoruba men where defeated by the women's army fon of dahomey. Igbos have always been segmental rather than hierarchical. We have too many small autonomous groups that have never been unified till this day.

Hierarcical society usually have an Empire outlook. Like the Fulani Emir system all over the North. The Kingdom of Benin is an example of Hierarcical society that will attempt to dominate the whole southsouth and impose one rule under the Oba of Benin.

Revisionist and liar. the Dahomey Amazons NEVER defeated the YORUBA NATION.

Instead, the yoruba nation through the egbas, dealt them eternally blow they never recovered from. That marked the end of their reign in Dahomey.

Can't id10ts like you have a thread, without bringing yorubas into your perennial whining like bush babies. If you want the thread to be derailed, we shall assist you in full measures.

Face your topic and your thread and leave us out of your imbecilic discussion.

20 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by waternogetemeny: 10:50pm On May 26, 2015
pazienza:

Why don't they have problem with Ndiigbo politically in this era? Because of our fall from Grace after the Biafran war?

They have no problem with Ndiigbo, yet Ekwueme a far better candidate than Obj was rejected twice in favour of Obj.

Why did they have problem with Ndiigbo in the past. Which of their Igbo domination lies can stand the fire of truth?

Yes, our alliance should be for justice, and justice demands that the labours of our Heroes past, who wrote our history with their blood in the jungles of Biafra, defending Igboland from invaders be not in vain.

Justice demands that the Republic of Igboland must be achieved.

You might have moved on, as is expected, but no sensible Igbo man has, not until our nation become independent.

Gbam! Dat is the only justice. We need space to outline our vision and establish our rules/law for our people.

We have children all over the world eager to bring back Knowledge and establish big businesses. We want to be in charge of our Banks(Central Bank), create our own interest rate, and regulate our fiscal and monetary policy. This will attract our small and medium scale business people never to leave our country to any other dirty African country.

We can no longer tolerate the igbo distraction from non-igbos, who are constantly envying the strive we make for our own betterment and the betterment of our children. We don't want your associations. we want to redefine ourselves.

10 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by pazienza(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Gbam! Dat is the only justice. We need space to outline our vision and establish our rules/law for our people.

We have children all over the world eager to bring back Knowledge and establish big businesses. We want to be in charge of our Banks(Central Bank), create our own interest rate, and regulate our fiscal and monetary policy. This will attract our small and medium scale business people never to leave our country to any other dirty African country.

We can no longer tolerate the igbo distraction from non-igbos, who are constantly envying the strive we make for our own betterment and the betterment of our children. We don't want your associations. we want to redefine ourselves.

Fact.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 26, 2015
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by waternogetemeny: 11:09pm On May 26, 2015
pazienza:

Fact.

Look, anybody that wants a country with a bunch of cowards that have lost their livelihood(trade) to an industry worth billions of dollars but yet see none of it, need to get their head checked.

Wat are these people good for, if i may ask? How do dey explain living in a land polluted with oil and drinking water polluted with oil not to talk of acid rain from oil.These oil companies never pay them any compensation for the pollution or negative externalities.

Also, how do they explain losing their trade to the oil industry and not benefiting monthly from the oil industry. Do u know that with the mangrove and body of water in the south/south, fish farming would have been a major industry like agriculture in the North.

The North that have their farm industry come down south and own oil well that belongs to entire community in the south and yet they say or do nothing. All they can say is igbo, despite one man from the North claiming ownership of oil wells that belong to entire communities?

After careful consideration, i have concluded it is better to have an all igbo country, than to be linked to fools like Abagworo and if he is igbo, a capital punishment will be his faith in Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 26, 2015
B69U:

Trash! Igbos have a problem with Nigeria, dey want out. U cannot force Nigeria on them, becos they are not forcing Biafra on anybody.
u re on ur own.... if Nigeria don tire u, move to Niger or cameroun.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 26, 2015
U guys shud stop saying things like dz....
I ve a plan for Igbos and Nigeria as a whole, God has a plan for us too, all we need is patience.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Curlieweed: 11:39pm On May 26, 2015
Abagworo:

You're sounding more and more delusional as time goes on. "The emergence" of Buhari "rekindled your hopes" indeed! An animal that couldn't even pass his "O" levels.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by highmood(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2015
OkutaNla:
Lol. I'd be concerned and apprehensive about any prospects of a long-term political alliance with Ndigbo if I were in the shoes of your non-igbo neighbors too.

Such fears are not without justification, considering historical precedence and the overly aggressive and arrogant manner with which some militant igbos engender hostility in their relations with some of their neighbors.

Take the whole Lagos "no mans land" issue for example. If the igbos can exhibit the effrontery to lock horns with a major ethnic group like the Yorubas over ownership of Lagos in the Yorubas own region, how much more would they intimidate and dominate their more timid SS neighbors? It's a no-brainer, really.

I'd be seriously apprehensive about Ndigbo domination too if I were your neighbors.
I never expected any comment other than the issue of intimidation and domination from someone not in the regions in question.
The issue of intimidation and domination are words your likes spreads to instill fear and disaffection on some shallow minds on some people of the SS whenever they decided to make a head way with the people of the southeast. But, I think with the way the election went, many of them now knows better. The picture became clearer that Ojukwu though may not have have taken into consideration before embarking on the war, meant well for the people of the SS and SE. I have discussed with an old man from that region who said, the election made him know the Igbos better than what your likes always put out. He regretted fighting against, and sabotaging the effort of the Biafrans. I think maybe you should tell these to kids, markets women, girls who have no interest in politics, young boys who never wanted to study history.

6 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 26, 2015
Igbos shud let me lead u into d promise land... but most of us are blinded by stupi1dity... that's y am so happy for my governor Rochas who knows dat politics is not by tribe or clan but it's by interest.
Imo wud be great, igbo land wud produce a president in my time, dz country will not break. Let us stop all dz online cries and start organizing real seminars, looking for ways to set up real businesses and corporations, look for innovative ideas dat can move our economy forward. Igbo land has a lot economic potentials but we most of us don't have confidence in igbo land. I know wat we can do with every natural resources in igbo land, even d erosion is a resource to me dat I believe can be exploited to our own good. All dz they hate us talk is wearing me out.

5 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Arch1: 11:49pm On May 26, 2015
Jeez !!! Someone just sent me a recorded audio of one of Radio Biafra's broadcast; so much hate and venom. You guys should caution that guy called Nnamdi Kanu, he is digging a pit for you igbos

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 26, 2015
Arch1:
Jeez !!! Someone just sent me a recorded audio of one of Radio Biafra's broadcast; so much hate and venom. You guys should caution that guy called Nnamdi Kanu, he is digging a pit for you igbos
let them continue with there stup1dity, it's talk abt Biafra dat makes northerners keep looking at us suspiciously, if like we let it die long ago, by now things wud have changed... Biafran war was not only fought by igbos it was also fought by ppp of old cross rivers state, but how many times do u see them mention it, they hv moved on, so much that the whole Nigeria has even forgotten they eva took part in it.
But we igbo's everyday Biafra dz, Biafra dat... if we don't stop this other tribes wud keep looking at us suspiciously.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 12:07am On May 27, 2015
Arch1:

Give me one instance of the hate and venom that is not true.

Before you give advice, go caution your own people first.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 12:08am On May 27, 2015
lygn19:
let them continue with there stup1dity, it's talk abt Biafra dat makes northerners keep looking at us suspiciously, if like we let it die long ago, by now things wud have changed... Biafran war was not only fought by igbos it was also fought by ppp of old cross rivers state, but how many times do u see them mention it, they hv moved on, so much that the whole Nigeria has even forgotten they eva took part in it.
But we igbo's everyday Biafra dz, Biafra dat... if we don't stop this other tribes wud keep looking at us suspiciously.

See the ones Hausa men fathered.
twah! *spits*

5 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 12:10am On May 27, 2015
Normality:

See the ones Hausa men fathered.
twah! *spits*
Dats how u ppl wud be thinking in it dreams dat u re above northerners yet they keep ruling u...
I am a true and full blooded igbo man, from imo state.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 12:16am On May 27, 2015
Op lets be honest to ourselfs, the eastern minorities still have igbophobia as strong as the yorubas. They wont admit it because they need us to stand with them at this time. Biafra,if it will ever succeed will have to let the minorities to be in power. Yes I know that this goes against the principles of democracy but they are easily deceived. They have to be in power to assure them that its not an igbo nation or dominance. If not then biafra should be an igbo only nation.

2 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Duru1(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2015
pazienza:
Now that GEJ reign is in it's final days, I think it's time Ndiigbo take a stock of our political association with our non Igbo Eastern neighbors, since the advent of Nigeria as a colonial entity and now as an "independent" entity.

For the second time in our history, we rallied around an Eastern non Igbo, the first being Eyo ita, and GEJ being the second.

Often times, Ndiigbo have no problem rallying behind our non Igbo neighbors, but are our neighbors often comfortable rallying around us, when we need their help?
Can anyone say without any doubt that if tomorrow Ndiigbo presents a cause, that our Eastern non Igbo neighbors will rally behind us the way we had rallied behind their cause recently?

It would appear that the only time our unity with our non Igbo Eastern neighbors work is when we allow them stay at the driving seat or when our alliance directly benefits them and not us. The moment we decide to stay at the driving seat, cries of Igbo marginalization rents the air.

This gives me a cause for concern. As we plan our future and seek to strengthen our alliance with our non Igbo neighbors, we must self reflect on this, sweeping every thing under the rug and hoping they disappear is what turned Nigeria into its current mess, we must not make same mistakes as Nigeria.

Bros I guess Ndiigbo do not indulge in anything in Nigeria in order to snag love from the insignificant expendables but for what Ndiigbo are all about. Nigeria is going to be history and good one at it will be. It is known fact today that Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and other unmentioned ethnicities in Nigeria baring Ndiigbo ceded a part of former eastern region to Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Duru1(m): 12:22am On May 27, 2015
Abagworo:

What a false accusation. Please do not distort history. Igbos sold themselves to Whitemen just like they kidnap themselves for ransom today. Ijaws were barely middlemen who helped the Igbos sell themselves.

There were no Ijo as you would want a goofy bystander to believe. You are the one trying very hard to distort history.

1 Like

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by BlackPikiN(m): 4:15am On May 27, 2015
Matthew Mbu from Cross River's view on Igbo and other Eastern minority groups.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/12/the-north-built-on-mistakes-of-the-south-%e2%80%94-mbu/

Q: You talk about these our fathers, leaders of Nigeria at independence and some insist that they created the foundations for the type of country that we have today – tribalism, for example and the events in the Western House of Assembly. Some say Azikiwe was merely outplayed, politically and others say….?

A: No! You are not really…Permit me to interrupt you; you were not there. Zik won all, the majority, in the Western region. It was when he went to the East, that this notorious question, this notorious carpet-crossing, for the first time in our history was enacted on the floor of the Western House of Assembly. Before then, we never knew about carpet-crossing. Those who won on the platform of the NCNC were suddenly bought over by the Action Group.

Q: But in an earlier interview with Pa Ayo Adebanjo, I was told that it was at the point when they said members of the different parties should move and sit separately, that it became obvious that AG members were more?[/b]

A: He would say so. What do you expect from him, he’s AG; he’s partisan. AG top notch!

Q:It would be difficult for people not to say you are also being partisan, being of the NCNC?
The AG introduced, for the first time in our history, carpet crossing; I didn’t know about it. I wish the late Adelabu (PENKELEMSS) were alive. The leader of our movement in Ibadan, I wish he was alive, he would have told you what happened; he would have told you the drama that happened on the floor of the Western House of Assembly; the debacle, as he put it, the debacle of western election, so don’t tell me anything that I don’t know.

A:I know you know that’s why I’m asking you. For Nigerians who do not have a recollection of the events of that era and who talk about tribalism, they would want the records set straight. Some even say had Zik stayed back, may be he would have fought it? And some even say that from that moment onwards, Nigeria lost it?

Yes, we lost it from that moment onwards. That was crude tribalism on display. That’s all. What else could it be that somebody of Eastern origin should come and control a region that belongs to the westerners? That was a clear display of tribalism, crude and that was when Nigeria lost it, the true sense of nationalism. Yes! AG, NCNC, that I belonged to, were at opposing ends on true nationalism and nothing else. NCNC till tomorrow remains a nationalist party, one Nigeria, one people, one destiny. AG believed in one Yoruba, one nation, one Oduduwa.

Q: When you look at the way some people accuse the North of holding unto power without wanting to let go, and the philosophy of Awolowo that before you can claim to be a Nigerian, you would have to first be either an Igbo, a Yoruba or Hausa?

A: Chief Awolowo never pretended and I have a lot of respect for him. He never for once pretended that he was a true nationalist. He was a true Yoruba leader – simplicita. And he never in any way felt ashamed about it. Yoruba for Yoruba, Hausa for Hausa and Igbo for Igbo – that was the way he felt and he never flinched.

The North learned a lot from the mistakes of the South and the way the tribal politics was being played, the North elevated it to another level. They reasoned that if tribalism was to become the name of the game, then they were ready to move it to the next level – the North for the North. The Sardauna would always say, ‘we of the North’, and he never pretended. His great grand father, Uthman Dan Fodio, was a conqueror of a greater community and why should he go for anything less. He, therefore, settled for a bigger North.

Q: Could you please give examples of what the North learned from the South?
The North went and excelled in everything we did. We introduced thuggery, Michael Okpara called them party stalwarts in East, but they were thugs. Then the North recreated it, took it to another level: Why did we bring in the native police? They were uncompromising in the North.

A: There in the North, if you were not of the Northern Peoples Congress, NPC, they would tell you, don’t cross, if you did they would kill you – and they meant it. Their own thuggery was worse and they took it to a level that was something else. So the only way to curb the excesses of the native police was to integrate them into the Nigeria Police Force, to train them, to shed them of the crude and excessive extra-legal powers. Not only that, you went to the native courts as a southerner, the Alkali courts.

A case was on, the judge was chewing his gworo and he slept off while the case was on, then he woke up and asked, ‘yes, what do you have to say; nothing. Okay go to jail for six months’. Meanwhile he had been sleeping all along-o. If you tried to argue you’re in trouble. ‘If you said anything there I’ll give you another six months; okay another six months, go’. Very crude! The North moved from one extremity to the other extremity and that’s where we are.

Q: Back to NCNC, Zik and the East: What was done to NCNC and Zik in the West, Zik was not magnanimous too, when he went back to the East?

A: I do not think that you were born to understand the politics of those days.

Q:We read?

A: It depends on what you have been reading and by whom? Look, the East was so democratic to a point where when the Onitsha issue came up, although a lot of it engendered by the opposition, led by the late chief justice of the East, Sir Louis Mbanefo, Onitsha market issue, there was a demonstration by the Onitsha people against the premiership of Zik, an Onitsha man, and I saw the father and I asked him: ‘Papa, you joined the delegation, too, to denounce the premier’? You know what he said to me in response? He said: ‘He’s not one of us, being an Onitsha man, he should not oppose us’. That was the extent to which the people in the East understood democratic principles.

Q: But an Efik was not allowed to lead in the East?

A: What was the problem of the Efik? They split. You were not born yet; you needed to be around with us then to understand what happened. UNIP was a splinter of the NCNC and they were to topple the leadership of the NCNC. UNIP was within the NCNC, led by, more or less, English trained graduates, leadership.

They were looking up on themselves as better educated than American trained graduates, led by Zik, Orizu, Mbadiwe and co – that is the truth. And who were the other groups? Graduates, Nwapa, Cambridge, make no mistake about it; Njoku, Manchester, London educated; my country man, Okoi Arikpo, London educated – London School of Economics; Ozoma; even Ita himself, having gotten his MA from Columbia University in the United States of America, came back and repeated the London MA so he used to be referred to as Prof. Eyo Ita, MA Columbia, MA London. They felt they were more educated and, therefore, a better bred to lead the new dispensation in the East; not this ill-bred American educated fellows from schools they did not recognize.

A: But Eyo Ita?

A: My friend, he was opposition, when you split against the leadership, then you are already taking up arms against the party. Must there be two premiers? It was Zik, in fact, who named him Prof. Don’t tell me what you did not witness.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/12/the-north-built-on-mistakes-of-the-south-%e2%80%94-mbu/

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by BlackPikiN(m): 4:23am On May 27, 2015
The removal of Eyo Ita as Eastern premier was not ethnically influenced but was done based on principles and ideas of the two major factions in the NCNC unlike what happened on the other side of the Niger.

And thank God, Mbu is from cross river state.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by splashbaby(m): 6:15am On May 27, 2015
Abagworo:

What a false accusation. Please do not distort history. Igbos sold themselves to Whitemen just like they kidnap themselves for ransom today. Ijaws were barely middlemen who helped the Igbos sell themselves.
I no fit laugh
Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by unstableaswater: 8:16am On May 27, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Op lets be honest to ourselfs, the eastern minorities still have igbophobia as strong as the yorubas. They wont admit it because they need us to stand with them at this time. Biafra,if it will ever succeed will have to let the minorities to be in power. Yes I know that this goes against the principles of democracy but they are easily deceived. They have to be in power to assure them that its not an igbo nation or dominance. If not then biafra should be an igbo only nation.
Funny aint it that dey leave the North and South west, even buy into their propaganda.
Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by zendy: 9:25am On May 27, 2015
Yeske2:
This is actually the problem we Ndigbo have, we never learn from history. I've asked several times on this forum and elsewhere, if GEJ were to be an Igbo man, would he had received same support and loyalty from non-Igbo Easterners? Answer is a big NO. Let's all roll on and see where this will lead to

That's not an easy question to answer because you have to remember that there are close to 20 ethnic groups in the east and non of them are united about anything except oil. I think that if GEJ had been an Igbo man,they would have supported him just like the Igbos supported GEJ because it would have been in their best interest to elect their neigbour rather than some distant Hausa man. Another thing to note is that the Government of Nigeria has been able to successfully use propaganda for many years since the end of the war to brainwash most of these people into falsely thinkng that Igbos will dominate and emasculate them if given the opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by scholes0(m): 2:35pm On May 27, 2015
Normality:

Give me one instance of the hate and venom that is not true.

Before you give advice, go caution your own people first.

He read a tabloid header of two kids starving to death Ibadan, for whatever reason it was. Then he went on to say the more Yoruba children die, the better......
he also talks about how much he hates Nigeria, and how he wishes anyone who calls themselves or identify as Nigerian DEAD.... he said he wishes he had an atomic weapon, that he would detonate it and wipe Nigerians out.... let him know that everything he says is going into the records. These are just a few of the examples of his numerous hate speeches, which keep piling up by the day..... If it was a Yoruba medical Doctor in America, or any other yoruba personality that said anything even 1/4 as bad, the world would have been turned upside down by now.....
Fortunately, Yorubas do not have a "victim mentality" ..

6 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 27, 2015
scholes0:

He read a tabloid header of two kids starving to death Ibadan, for whatever reason it was. they he went on to say the more Yoruba children die, the better......
he also talks about how much he hates Nigeria, and how he wishes anyone who calls themselves or identify as Nigerian DEAD.... he said he wishes he had an atomic weapon, that he would detonate it and wipe Nigerians out.... let him know that everything he says is going into the records. These are just a few of the examples of his numerous hate speeches, which keep piling up by the day..... If it was a Yoruba medical Doctor in America, or any other yoruba personality that said anything even 1/4 as bad, the world would have been turned upside down by now.....
Fortunately, Yorubas do not have a "victim mentality" ..

You no get case abeg.☺

2 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 27, 2015
pazienza:
Now that GEJ reign is in it's final days, I think it's time Ndiigbo take a stock of our political association with our non Igbo Eastern neighbors, since the advent of Nigeria as a colonial entity and now as an "independent" entity.

For the second time in our history, we rallied around an Eastern non Igbo, the first being Eyo ita, and GEJ being the second.

Often times, Ndiigbo have no problem rallying behind our non Igbo neighbors, but are our neighbors often comfortable rallying around us, when we need their help?
Can anyone say without any doubt that if tomorrow Ndiigbo presents a cause, that our Eastern non Igbo neighbors will rally behind us the way we had rallied behind their cause recently?

It would appear that the only time our unity with our non Igbo Eastern neighbors work is when we allow them stay at the driving seat or when our alliance directly benefits them and not us. The moment we decide to stay at the driving seat, cries of Igbo marginalization rents the air.

This gives me a cause for concern. As we plan our future and seek to strengthen our alliance with our non Igbo neighbors, we must self reflect on this, sweeping every thing under the rug and hoping they disappear is what turned Nigeria into its current mess, we must not make same mistakes as Nigeria.

I must confess Pazienza your thoughts are the same as mine. This is a period of sober reflection for Ndigbo Nile.

4 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 27, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Look, anybody that wants a country with a bunch of cowards that have lost their livelihood(trade) to an industry worth billions of dollars but yet see none of it, need to get their head checked.

Wat are these people good for, if i may ask? How do dey explain living in a land polluted with oil and drinking water polluted with oil not to talk of acid rain from oil.These oil companies never pay them any compensation for the pollution or negative externalities.

Also, how do they explain losing their trade to the oil industry and not benefiting monthly from the oil industry. Do u know that with the mangrove and body of water in the south/south, fish farming would have been a major industry like agriculture in the North.

The North that have their farm industry come down south and own oil well that belongs to entire community in the south and yet they say or do nothing. All they can say is igbo, despite one man from the North claiming ownership of oil wells that belong to entire communities?

After careful consideration, i have concluded it is better to have an all igbo country, than to be linked to fools like Abagworo and if he is igbo, a capital punishment will be his faith in Biafra.

Abagworo is a nationalist looking out for the prosperity of the Igbo nation in a united Nigeria. So please let him air his view without any fear. I also wants a better Nigeria than this shit-hole we call a country. And I think a united Nigeria that is fair to everyone irrespective of tribe and region is what every true Igbo man desires, and is also, the only solution in dousing the call for a balkanized Nigeria by Pro-Biafrans. However, for we to have that utopian Nigeria we all desire a Confederate system were every unit can take their destiny into their hands is our best option. But, having said it, will the selfish hawks amongst see to its actualization. This is the major problem bedevilling us.

3 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by waternogetemeny: 5:24pm On May 27, 2015
Chiwude:
Abagworo is a nationalist looking out for the prosperity of the Igbo nation in a united Nigeria. So please let him air his view without any fear. I also wants a better Nigeria than this shit-hole we call a country. And I think a united Nigeria that is fair to everyone irrespective of tribe and region is what every true Igbo man desires, and is also, the only solution in dousing the call for a balkanized Nigeria by Pro-Biafrans. However, for we to have that utopian Nigeria we all desire a Confederate system were every unit can take their destiny into their hands is our best option. But, having said it, will the selfish hawks amongst see to its actualization. This is the major problem bedevilling us.

I totally agree with your prognosis but the problem is that the Nigeria of ur dreams will remain just that dream. It cannot be actualised and that is where Biafrans come into the picture.

How do u defeat the born to rule who will be throwing everything they have including their children straped with boombs at you? We have been through all this and arrived at Biafra as the only viable option. Igbos that stay in Nigeria will develop Lagos and Abuja only to be shown the lagoon at the end.

South South in Nigeria will provide the funds for this development and be called Fisher man or shown the way to Otueke at the end. That is if they dont join the igbos at the lagoon.

We have been through this and I guarantee you that u will equally arrive at the same conclusion, which is Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 27, 2015
waternogetemeny:

I totally agree with your prognosis but the problem is that the Nigeria of ur dreams will remain just that dream. It cannot be actualised and that is where Biafrans come into the picture.

How do u defeat the born to rule who will be throwing everything they have including their children straped with boombs at you? We have been through all this and arrived at Biafra as the only viable option. Igbos that stay in Nigeria will develop Lagos and Abuja only to be shown the lagoon at the end.

South South in Nigeria will provide the funds for this development and be called Fisher man or shown the way to Otueke at the end. That is if they dont join the igbos at the lagoon.

We have been through this and I guarantee you that u will equally arrive at the same conclusion, which is Biafra.
ignorance everywhere... is der someone forcing I to develop Lagos? or Abuja, u can develop Lagos and Abuja but u cannot develop ur land... ok now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Delivers Speech At The D-8 Summit In Turkey (Photos) / The Banquet Held In Honor Of Buhari By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Gov. Zulum Visits Villages Where Boko Haram Killed 3 And Destroyed Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.