Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide (1801 Views)

What Is A Lover Boy/lover Girl? / Photo: Jilted Lover Sets Corps Member, Friend Ablaze / Therapy For Jilted Lover. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by JJYOU: 5:50am On Feb 14, 2009
[size=22pt]Jilted lover girl commits suicide[/size]
By BONIFACE NZAMA, Calabar
Saturday, February 14, 2009
More Stories on This Section

For residents of Ekumtak Mbube, Ogoja Local Government Area in Cross River State, the 2009 Valentine’s Day celebration would taste sour, as love has claimed a life and brought sorrow and tears to them. The community is currently in turmoil, as a young, who was allegedly jilted recently by her boyfriend, has committed suicide.

Saturday Sun gathered that the 18-year old girl, identified as Queen, was seen hanging from a tree behind her father’s residence, at the Ekumtak community, with her feet barely touching the ground.

Although Queen allegedly did not leave any suicide note, some of her school friends and confidants, who spoke with our correspondent, said she became heart broken in recent times, saying she was tired, as her plan to celebrate the Valentine’s Day with her boyfriend had been shattered. She said that her boyfriend jilted him and started dating a new girlfriend.

Some of the girl’s schoolmates, who claimed they were instructed by the principal of the school not to speak on the matter, said trouble between Queen and her estranged boyfriend began when the boy started avoiding her. Their friends that made effort to resolve their differences, but these yielded no result, with the boy insisting that it was over.

Queen, who was said to be a final year student of the Mbube East Secondary School, allegedly confided in some of her friends that she was going to terminate her life over the crashed romance.
According to one of the female student, “Queen once jokingly said she would not stay alive on the Valentine’s Day to suffer the embarrassment of seeing her boyfriend enjoy the valentine with another girlfriend.”

One of them, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “our Principal is a no-nonsense man. He has warned us not to mention the name of her boyfriend, otherwise we will be in trouble.”
Queen’s father (name withheld) said the girl allegedly left home for school on the fateful day, hale and hearty to complete the process of her registration for the May/June 2009 West African School Certificate Examination.

“She came back from school and disappeared from the house after dropping her school bag,” he said.
According to him, Queen left the compound after she had returned from the school, and was never seen again till the next day when her lifeless body was found at the backyard, hanging from a tree.
The father his daughter’s action as shocking, saying: “She has destroyed the reputation of our respected family.” http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/feb/14/national-14-02-2009-03.htm

another one gone too soon.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 14, 2009
Its really more than being jilted.
Its a deep rooted internal, psychological problem arising from not being shown luv at childhood, perhaps by parents.
Anybody brought up in an atmosphere of luv will surely not be committing suicide, especially over the opposite sex.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Sissy3(f): 6:39am On Feb 14, 2009
now who is the real loser embarassed sad

she is still in sec. school only not even in a univ and she has taken such a drastic step just cox of a boy undecided

love is really too overated and puppy love isnt helping it at all sad sad
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Czarskit(m): 6:44am On Feb 14, 2009
Sun News?! These daily & their stories. . . tongue
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by patwhizkid(f): 6:46am On Feb 14, 2009
Story story story
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Sissy3(f): 6:47am On Feb 14, 2009
Czarskit:

Sun News?! These daily & their stories. . . tongue

so u no believe some folks actually do this shocked
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by jamace(m): 6:48am On Feb 14, 2009
Hey! Valentine victim no 1. More to come. Watchout cool.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Czarskit(m): 7:15am On Feb 14, 2009
@ ~Sissy~

Everything is possible. Anything can be true except 'stories' from 'The Sun' & 'City People'. These two cook up 'believable' crap just to make sales. . .
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by LIMUEL(m): 7:36am On Feb 14, 2009
How sad
May her soul RIP
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by arramyjay: 9:36am On Feb 14, 2009
So sad,i guess she cudnt handle the lose.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by ohaechesi(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2009
moderator what happened to my thread? i need advice, can't you get it or are my sensing nepotism here?
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by JJYOU: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2009
such a shame. this is the result of the over sexualisation of our youths.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by youngalex(m): 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2009
what makes one mature,is not the ability to rejoice over a victory but the fortitude and resilience to withstand and bear a loss whichever form it comes.
ladies,an emotional loss in not and can never be the end of life,u lose today so as to learn and win tomorrow
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE
AMEN
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Tonyet1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2009
BlueDiva:

Its really more than being jilted.
Its a deep rooted internal, psychological problem arising from not being shown luv at childhood, perhaps by parents.
Anybody brought up in an atmosphere of luv will surely not be committing suicide, especially over the opposite sex.

hmmm now i know why i act and behave the way i do
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2009
The father his daughter’s action as shocking, saying: “She has destroyed the reputation of our respected family.”

I am surprised the father is more concerned about his reputation.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by spikedcylinder: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2009
Abegi!
I never pity all these jilted lover suicide types. She wan die na im she die. Make she carry go jor!
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Hesperus(m): 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Abegi!
I never pity all these jilted lover suicide types. She wan die na im she die. Make she carry go jor!
True that! What is the meaning of that? As she come kill herself now, did that get the guy back for her? She just die for nothing, like fowl, and life goes on.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Chetachuku(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2009
Ecce the newest Judas Iscariot. May her soul RIP. Could that be love?
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by spikedcylinder: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2009
A fowl is more worthy sef.
She was 18 and still in secondary school when her mates are already thinking of graduation from Uni. Death of course became her. Olodo pickin!

Next thing you know now, some people would be blaming the guy for dumping her. She probably always showed suicidal tendencies and the guy ran as fast as his legs could carry.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2009
who send am? shebi she don kill herself. . . make una leave am make she rot for hell na! nonsense and ingredients! tongue
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2009
tonye-t:

hmmm now i know why i act and behave the way i do

And how do you behave?
U be woman wrapper? tongue
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by dani1luv: 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2009
jassie:

who send am? shebi she don kill herself. . . make una leave am make she rot for hell na! nonsense and ingredients! tongue
wicked thing tongue
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by kellygirl(f): 7:49pm On Feb 14, 2009
too bad 4 her  sad sad
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Grizzly(m): 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2009
Na now she go do the val for hell proper with lover boy devil sad
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Hollysmile: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2009
Naija population dey high sef. Make dem dey reduce make we see space. She 4 first kill de boy before committin suicide. At least, e for be -2 now.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by TOYOSI20(f): 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2009
Grizzly:

Na now she go do the val for hell proper with lover boy devil sad

ROFLMGBO!!!

Too bad some females feel they need to be in a relationship to be self fufiiled, its pathetic!! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by patwhizkid(f): 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2009
Holly, wèré, shèa kosi? Them 4 be 2, plus u 3. Omoaja
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Hollysmile: 12:28am On Feb 15, 2009
Whizzy, u dey enjoy my response, oh! E bi like say we go corner aje, dat ur furk-up guy. Let me be ur 'bed' manager!
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by patwhizkid(f): 1:24am On Feb 15, 2009
Holly, aje cannot be cornered o, biko
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Outstrip(f): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2009
No wonder she was desperate for love. Read her father's response. May God deliver children from parents like these
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2009
Ehm, this is a very serious issue here - and you ladies / guys are not taking this too seriously.
Re: Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide by patwhizkid(f): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2009
dhtml, take it serious how nao, shud we commit suicide just like d way she did b4 u wil knw dat we are serious? Abi we go bring her back 2 lyf b4 u go knw say we dey serious?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? / Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: / God Help Me 4rm Suggar Mumy Wahala!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.