Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Therapy For Jilted Lover. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Therapy For Jilted Lover. (1108 Views)

Photo: Jilted Lover Sets Corps Member, Friend Ablaze / Jilted Lover Commits Suicide In Ondo. / Jilted Lover Girl Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Therapy For Jilted Lover. by xynerise: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
Therapy for the Jilted -- A Love Affair Gone Bad

Almost everybody gets into an emotional relationship that goes bad at some time (or many times) in their life. With most people, myself included, there have been several. Yet we survive and we don't commit suicide or even seriously consider it. It's not only difficult but messy and hurts mother, father and relatives but probably does nothing much of significance to the person who jilted you. Are you trying to "make that person sorry"? That's a poor excuse to end your life and throw away all your parents have invested in you.

Find another relationship. The "one and only true love" who just walked out on you is baloney. It takes two to tango, two caring people to make a working relationship, not just one. Would you want to force someone to be with you who didn't want to be there? I sure wouldn't. If two people don't care for each other, forget it and look for someone else.

When I do therapy on people who are depressed I always go to the first love affair gone bad. I do that because it is likely to be the most emotional one and sets the foundation for future emotional upsets involving rejection. We learn to hurt from rejection. We do it to ourselves from then on. We probably learn to hurt from our parents.

Nevertheless, life goes on and has a lot to offer in the way of happiness. I have a stable relationship, I've had a satisfying career and look forward to more travel during my leisure years. That's most likely in the future for you, too. But you have to work at it.

So what this exercise that follows does is disconnect you emotionally from past love affairs that didn't work out. If it's your first and it's fresh, its tougher. You MUST get into circulation and make new friends or get companionship from old ones. The worst thing you can do is stay home and mope.

Passively listen to the message and let it sink in. Don't carry the torch for an impossible relationship or have unreasonable hope it can be repaired. If you have reason to believe it is not completely over, don't play the message! It likely wouldn't work anyway. It doesn't change your mind, just helps you once you've decided the relationship is finished. You can play it as many times as you wish, with different people in mind. The test is that when you think of the person there is no feeling anymore. Good luck, and hang in there! cool

http://www.psychresearch.com/jilted.html
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by clemz85(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
odikwa wonderful...
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by greedie1(f): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
hmmm
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Reserved.
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by fitzmayowa: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
*following*

1 Like

Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by xynerise: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
And for a moment, i thought it was Xynerise commanding this good English undecided
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by tpia5: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Your thread title could use some revision.
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
grin
El Guapo: And for a moment, i thought it was Xynerise commanding this good English undecided
grin
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by Rhymez(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
El Guapo: And for a moment, i thought it was Xynerise commanding this good English undecided
grin. At least he was honest to post the link, unlike some other Nlanders that will copy wooing lines from google search and claim they made it up.
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rhymez:
grin. At least he was honest to post the link, unlike some other Nlanders that will copy wooing lines from google search and claim they made it up.

God! I hate 190 - You need to see him holding Ctrl C and Ctrl V cheesy
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by Aklofs: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Summarize am nw.
Re: Therapy For Jilted Lover. by 190: 12:41am On Nov 27, 2013
xynerise again undecided

(1) (Reply)

If I Were A Girl! / ...... / WHY DID YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND THINK SHE IS SPOILING YOU WITH SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.