Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop (32955 Views)

10 Factors To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. / Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by slap1(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2015
texazzpete:
Utterly rubbish hints, to be honest
The hints add nothing to one's knowledge of computers.

1 Like

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 28, 2015
op u did a good but not good enough post. U should have been like..7things to consider before buying a laptop pc 1 budgedt. Here u talk about cost and the purpose for the laptop eg business, entertainment, gaming, etc 2. Specs, here u talk about size, hard disk, RAM, OS, graphics card etc 3 features. Here you talk about software supports warranty, design syncing capability of the pc processing speed etc 4 durability. Here u discuss battery life, resistance to hard impact eg a fall, casing and protection etc 5 after sales service. Here u discuss on the repair, availability and cost of spare parts etc then on and on till d seventh point. So pls i expect u to write a follow up post on this topic thanks!

1 Like

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Franky9584(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2015
bettercreature:
Are people repairing laptop? for me i only care about battery
my laptop has 13hours battery life anyway and take only 1hour 30min to charge full battery
wots ur laptop make?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by omonnakoda: 5:32pm On May 28, 2015
Crieff:
I need a MacBook Pro but its price is out of this world.

What for?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Oloks(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2015
How come hardware and software aspects to look for are not mentioned here. Points raised are basic common-sense things to note.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by teeboy03(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2015
noted.....so..wit a budget of 75k...which model will u recommend.....thanx y'all
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by hisholar2(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2015
Cvesta:

wasted...you would have gotten a US used hp core i3 with a little less than that amount
drop dem site oga... wat a gud advice u gave
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by kevoh(m): 5:40pm On May 28, 2015
mizjules:

Hi, I need a good system and I dunno the best and affordable one to get, can you please direct me to the nlander you got yours from? And does he stay in abuja?
marleygab is the nlander. I wouldn't know if has moved to abuja. My transaction with him happened at Ikeja computer village back in September,2011. Got his number from a thread, gave him a call, went to his shop, paid him and picked the laptop.

Please, deal with him at your discretion as I wouldn't like to be dragged into any misunderstanding should such arise.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by joelenesleek(f): 5:48pm On May 28, 2015
MaxNaija:

Thanks.
Please can you dm your bb pin? Thanks
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Cvesta(m): 6:07pm On May 28, 2015
hisholar2:
drop dem site oga... wat a gud advice u gave
...not a site sir..i buy from the USA and sell down here via Kaymu n NL..if u are interested simply send me a pm and once i pick up the newly arrived batch by monday or tuesday..i will alert you and direct you to my thread..other guys equally sell on NL too
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by butanep(m): 6:16pm On May 28, 2015
Why should this thread make front page?

I didn't see anything unique about the thread... what the Op mention are the least things to consider when getting a laptop.

I was waiting to hear specification of Memory space, Ram, internet speed, battery life span, operating system, portability and durability...

Even a market woman knows what the OP just mention. This thread is like a man having big head and little brain.... He said so many things but just very few make sense....
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by teemanuel(m): 6:26pm On May 28, 2015
Fairly used HP 15 Notebook PC for sale @50K
Specs 4gig ram 500 HDD, Bluetooth, Wlan, webcam etc. Call 08052699576 or ping 7C1EB06A. Location: Jos
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by UfuomaUN(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2015
idee91:
Can it play Fifa 15 comfortably??
If not don't buy it grin
My brother, you're right on point
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Pakingzzz(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, I have 20pcs of brand new Storace deep cycle batteries. They are 100AH capacities each.. Am offering them for sale at 20,000 naira each..
I also have a couple dozens of brand new Mppt charge controllers ; 12v,24 10Amps. The model is; Tracer 1210Rn. Each goes for 8,000 naira.
You can reach me on 08122423549, or email me @; kingsleyobinna26@ yahoo.Com

1 Like

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by cooluc(f): 7:02pm On May 28, 2015
iyobs7:
None of these makes sense bro. These are the least things to consider before buying a laptop.
Spoke my mind...before opening this tread I expected more stuff.. not that!
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Ranchhoddas: 7:14pm On May 28, 2015
Judeoxide:
make I pretend say Na RAM you mean instead of 4gb rom
hahaha...the guy wan form expert.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 28, 2015
kelvyn7:
i expected more in d writeup sha

7 important things and u didnt talk abt the RAM, HARD DISK, PROCESSOR SPEED, VIDEO GRAPHICS
I think these are even the most important things to consider.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 28, 2015
also consider battery life
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by mizjules(f): 8:03pm On May 28, 2015
kevoh:

marleygab is the nlander. I wouldn't know if has moved to abuja. My transaction with him happened at Ikeja computer village back in September,2011. Got his number from a thread, gave him a call, went to his shop, paid him and picked the laptop.

Please, deal with him at your discretion as I wouldn't like to be dragged into any misunderstanding should such arise.
Alright thanks. A lot... You've. Got no problem
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by megn(f): 8:20pm On May 28, 2015
kevoh:
Whatever you do, don't buy HP. angry

#TeamToshiba wink

ASUS is the worst product u can ever imagine
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 28, 2015
joelenesleek:
Please can you dm your bb pin? Thanks

Sent you a mail.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by tochstorm(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2015
naijainfogalery:
For me when buying a laptop, its not about the price ooo, anything less than Intel Core i5 is for Children 500GB HD and 4GB RAM else i am only operating a toy
were can one buy the above spec'd laptop for 50k atmost.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by SenatorJames(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2015
This piece of advise is good enough to consider before buying a good and long lasting Laptop.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:18pm On May 28, 2015
Crieff:
I need a MacBook Pro but its price is out of this world.

You can go for a fairly used Mac Air @165k
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:22pm On May 28, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Please how good is HP 250 G3 Intel celeron-2.16GHZ
2gb, 500gb HDD? I just ordered one from jumia @ 64k

You can get a brand new one with one year warrantee at 62k. You just walk into the office, grab your product, have the OS loaded and any other application you want, shut down the system and walk away with it.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Crieff(m): 11:26pm On May 28, 2015
omonnakoda:

What for?
To run a Mac only software, for business.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:32pm On May 28, 2015
teeboy03:
noted.....so..wit a budget of 75k...which model will u recommend.....thanx y'all

HP 15.... 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, DUAL CORE, BLUETOOTH, WEBCAM, DVD ROM, WIRELESS LAN, 5 hour battery life ETC
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by softwhispers: 2:06am On May 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Are people repairing laptop? for me i only care about battery
my laptop has 13hours battery life anyway and take only 1hour 30min to charge full battery
Please sir, what is the make and model of your PC?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Teeyoung1(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2015
Cvesta:
...not a site sir..i buy from the USA and sell down here via Kaymu n NL..if u are interested simply send me a pm and once i pick up the newly arrived batch by monday or tuesday..i will alert you and direct you to my thread..other guys equally sell on NL too
@cvesta i need a uk used laptop with 4GB ram 500GB memory,at least 1GB dedicated graphics,core i5,bluetooth,wifi,hdd,etc. Hola me if u have got one,and i need it urgently.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 10:16am On May 29, 2015
i recently ordered a refurbished laptop, cos i wanted something with top specs...Its an i7 with a dedicated Vram of 1gig and processor specs were also tops....Costing me 94k against the 200k mates available here locally and scarcely. I hope its worth the buy...my current Hp is already dead
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by balogunsam(m): 10:32am On May 29, 2015
Cvesta:

wasted...you would have gotten a US used hp core i3 with a little less than that amount

GBAM!! Even I could have ordered him a great, excellent condition corei5 at 65k!! I don't know why people do all those new celeron lappies made with cheap materials and lack serious durability when they can get mint barely used ones at same rates...I got my HP Envy Spectre XT 13 at 70k+ **check it online** and tell me which of these yeye new celeron laptops will match it...
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Cvesta(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2015
Teeyoung1:

@cvesta i need a uk used laptop with 4GB ram 500GB memory,at least 1GB dedicated graphics,core i5,bluetooth,wifi,hdd,etc. Hola me if u have got one,and i need it urgently.
i have a us used hp envy m6 with beats audio n amd a8, and a dell i3.whatsapp me on 08089657971.whats ur location?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs / (How) To Refill Hp Laserjet 1020 Toner Cartridge? / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.